[ROM][unlocked][ford,austin] Lineage-14.1 [21 JUN 2023]

Search This thread

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
Samsung Galaxy S10e
I can enter and exit video mode. Attempting to save files results in an error popup.
I have made a recording of the two of there is something else anyone can pick out that may help.

- Amazon Fire 7 (Austin) - Test video for development - YouTube -

OK let clear the air both Austin & Ford have a this problem camera work but wont save any picture
an video gives error if record button is pressed . ggow will have to most likely make more shims some to correct the problem. Main time use third party apps that can work some support their owe libs files as to why some work. You can all so try this on the tablet with the full crash on start up . go to settings > apps > camera , an clear data cache then force stop it , exit an reboot device , try open the cam. app again see if opens now , if not dont worry i know the issue to fix that problem is from the boot.img media server conflict with camera server at boot .

Reactions: Pipsname

xnigelx

Oct 27, 2007
mokena
Hey guys been a while since I've done a root and all. I have an Austin, and wow it was awesome to get this installed over the bloated fire os. This is for my kids so they mainly youtube. I installed gapps to get youtube however any video i play at any resolution all i get is sound no video at all. Any fix for this? Does youtube work in 12.1 that maybe i can downgrade too? Thanks again for all the hard work guys! These are awesome

Pipsname

Dec 12, 2015
OK let clear the air both Austin & Ford have a this problem camera work but wont save any picture
an video gives error if record button is pressed . ggow will have to most likely make more shims some to correct the problem. Main time use third party apps that can work some support their owe libs files as to why some work. You can all so try this on the tablet with the full crash on start up . go to settings > apps > camera , an clear data cache then force stop it , exit an reboot device , try open the cam. app again see if opens now , if not dont worry i know the issue to fix that problem is from the boot.img media server conflict with camera server at boot .

Thank you for the update. I will try those solutions and check back. I was hoping the reason why one tablet worked was because it was dirty flashed and the one that didn't was clean installed.

barcia99

Sep 22, 2015
Bay city
Hey guys been a while since I've done a root and all. I have an Austin, and wow it was awesome to get this installed over the bloated fire os. This is for my kids so they mainly youtube. I installed gapps to get youtube however any video i play at any resolution all i get is sound no video at all. Any fix for this? Does youtube work in 12.1 that maybe i can downgrade too? Thanks again for all the hard work guys! These are awesome
Flash OMX patch fix on page 3 I believe. Fix video issues.

Reactions: xnigelx

The Android Attorney

Mar 20, 2013
Does lineage OS inheritely have bad battery life? My standby time is terrible. Battery dies in a few hours. Even with root apps that are supposed to help out

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Does lineage OS inheritely have bad battery life? My standby time is terrible. Battery dies in a few hours. Even with root apps that are supposed to help out

Try this, set disable wifi when screen is off, an in developer options set background app to only 2.

See how the standby time is after that to locate your problem.
This is ford or austin your using.

Also there's a app that really helps battery. page #10

Last edited:

thechosenone43

Feb 3, 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1
Excellent SOT and Standby with Los12.1 :cowboy:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-11-18-15-43-44.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-18-15-43-44.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 262
  • Screenshot_2019-11-18-15-43-35.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-18-15-43-35.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 262
  • Screenshot_2019-11-18-15-43-26.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-18-15-43-26.png
    58 KB · Views: 265

The Android Attorney

Mar 20, 2013
Yep - idle drain hovers around 0.13%/hr (~3%/day) which is phenomenal given specs. I keep this pup on my nightstand and only have to charge it every few weeks with 15-20 min use per day.
Can you share your settings or what is helping so much? I have barely nothing in my device and even the battery saver doesn't help. I'm losing like 5 percent every few hours. Not even using it

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Can you share your settings or what is helping so much? I have barely nothing in my device and even the battery saver doesn't help. I'm losing like 5 percent every few hours. Not even using it
Lineage 12.1 (Android 5.1 base) appears to be a better match from a power utilization perspective. Easy to score 0.3-0.4%/hr average idle loss without any special tweaks. Lineage 14.1 (7.1 base) is certainly capable of matching or exceeding that target but I suspect the Ford/Austin build is not optimized for the older Amazon kernel.

FireSpoo

Nov 22, 2019
Google voice typing

I've found this rom to be working well. I'm having a problem with Google voice typing though. When selecting the microphone on Gboard, it just says initialising and then seems to time out. I've tried the same with Swift keyboard (which also opens Google voice). This works but it takes ages (approx 20 seconds) to initialise. I don't have this problem with Lineage 12.1 which initialises almost immediately. My wife relies on this because she is registered blind and has great difficulty seeing the keys on the keyboard. Does anybody have any thoughts?

Last edited:

newinnov

Sep 11, 2012
Sorry to hear that. I think you should use 12.1 in that case as ggow is the only developmer working on device.
And it needs a huge effort to port and stablise an android rom without official sources.
So wait for the next build as its the first build of 7.1 , with time it will stabilise. ggow is surely going to support it , if its possible and with few more incremental builds it will attain stability.

Reactions: DB126 and FireSpoo

irfan76

Aug 15, 2016
No WiFi

I rooted by Fire 7 (7th Gen) by using the shorting method but the WiFi is not working after loading any ROM. I originally tried to downgrade it from 5.6.4.0 but the device was bricked. I was able to unbrick using the rooting method but the WiFi and bluetooth no longer work. Any suggestions on how to make the WiFi work?

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
I rooted by Fire 7 (7th Gen) by using the shorting method but the WiFi is not working after loading any ROM. I originally tried to downgrade it from 5.6.4.0 but the device was bricked. I was able to unbrick using the rooting method but the WiFi and bluetooth no longer work. Any suggestions on how to make the WiFi work?

Haven read anyone else having those problems, after this or other rooting process. Concerned maybe some hardware damage from when you opened case or if you forcefully removed the inner shield maybe it broke the main board. Just guesses here.

The Android Attorney

Mar 20, 2013
Sounds like you may have physically broken something when you had it open. Sure you didn't disconnect anything? Maybe fried something?

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Please don't ask the same question in multiple threads; earlier response:

https://xdaforums.com/amazon-fire/development/unlock-fire-t3899860/post81031115

Asherrosl

Oct 18, 2019

hello, can you please post that boot.img fix for the camera? I'm also having the problem where it just force closes. also, thanks for your support to this community

Top Liked Posts