[ROM][unlocked][karnak] Lineage-16.0[04 JUNE 2020]

Search This thread

lnxus

Apr 21, 2006
Has anyone been able to solve the lack of working microphone in the FB Messenger app for those that have the problem? I've tried wipe and re-install of the ROM as suggested by replies in this thread.

I should note that it works to record a sound byte inside of Messenger, it just fails to work during video chat.

cmakeshift

Aug 21, 2019
Does anyone have a copy of an older, working GAPPS build? I couldn’t find anything older than January on Open GAPPS’ older releases selection.

Yeah, I am also looking for a working version of OpenGApps. The latest version (open_gapps-arm-9.0-micro-20200714.zip) gets stuck forever during the setup (chose not to restore a backup from anywhere). It then tells me to wait for a bit, and shows a black screen, being unable to continue the setup. Play Store says the google apps are being updated, but there isn't any actitivity on the system that suggests so.

A pointer to a working version of GApps would be greatly appreciated :)

Edit: from adb logcat and the browser crashing it seems that this ROM is missing a patch required for WebView to work correctly. Bummer.

Edit2: SOLVED! That version of gapps works perfectly, but it has to be flashed together with the ROM, immediately after. Then it's all good :)

Last edited:

SWhetsel

Jun 22, 2011
Akron, OH
I should note that it works to record a sound byte inside of Messenger, it just fails to work during video chat.
I reported this months back with a logcat. Haven't heard that it was fixed though. It strangely enough seemed to actually work when the call was answered while wearing headphones though just today.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

So just confirmed... Mic works when headphones are plugged in and will continue to work if you remove them during the call. It just won't work if you start off with them unplugged.

Reactions: lnxus

lnxus

Apr 21, 2006
I reported this months back with a logcat. Haven't heard that it was fixed though. It strangely enough seemed to actually work when the call was answered while wearing headphones though just today.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

So just confirmed... Mic works when headphones are plugged in and will continue to work if you remove them during the call. It just won't work if you start off with them unplugged.

Thanks for the tip!

ymcan

May 29, 2019
Android Enterprise Enrollment

I am trying to add a fire running this ROM to Azure, it seems to almost work, but at the last moment I get a screen that says 'Please click here to continue', and never mind how often I click that, or how long I wait, I cannot get passed that point. Is it possible the Android Enterprise Enrollment notices this is a custom ROM? If so, is there a way around that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pbmurdoc

Feb 6, 2013
Awesome! Update installed successfully from TWRP recovery.

Has anyone reported the volume buttons reorient setting not working when screen is rotated?

Just installed this ROM. Seems to be running very smoothly overall but I wanted to report two things that I've noticed so far.

1) Intermittent wifi issues. It seems to drop wifi, if anyone wants me to pull logs or something please let me know what steps to do.
2) the volume buttons seem to be consistently in reverse order in landscape mode when volume buttons reorient setting is enabled.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Just installed this ROM. Seems to be running very smoothly overall but I wanted to report two things that I've noticed so far.

1) Intermittent wifi issues. It seems to drop wifi, if anyone wants me to pull logs or something please let me know what steps to do.
2) the volume buttons seem to be consistently in reverse order in landscape mode when volume buttons reorient setting is enabled.

Thanks!

Also forgot to add #3:
getting "Ok Google" model update Download failed. I'm guessing this has more to do with gapps then the rom itself, but thought I should mention it.

Crowbarmaster

Aug 7, 2020
Recent build issues....

Hello folks @ XDA! New member here but longgggg time lurker. I've been building Android for my devices since my SCH-i535 and CM. Through the guidance through the ever powerful search button, I've managed to find all the info I need. Well I'm at a loss, it's been a week now and I've still found no answers to why gcc keeps failing when compiling a kernel script. I've tried any number of configurations of tools and ubuntu versions. Either the same error comes or a whole host of new ones. Current configuration is a clean full install of Ubuntu 16.04LTS, followed by the "build for Bacon" guide. Fetched the 4 repos for Karnak, LOS 16 and the build script. Log is as follows:

Code:
 06:12:34 Entire build directory removed.

#### build completed successfully (1 seconds) ####

[email protected]:~/android/lineage$ ./build.sh

[BUILD] Building lineage_karnak-userdebug
[ENVIROMENT] Setting Enviroment for karnak
including device/amazon/karnak/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/car/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/mini-emulator-arm64/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/mini-emulator-armv7-a-neon/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/mini-emulator-x86_64/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/mini-emulator-x86/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/uml/vendorsetup.sh
including vendor/lineage/vendorsetup.sh
including sdk/bash_completion/adb.bash
[BUILD] Adding karnak to the lunch menu
Trying dependencies-only mode on a non-existing device tree?

============================================
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=9
LINEAGE_VERSION=16.0-20200807-UNOFFICIAL-karnak
TARGET_PRODUCT=lineage_karnak
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=cortex-a7
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-4.15.0-112-generic-x86_64-Ubuntu-16.04.7-LTS
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=PQ3A.190801.002
OUT_DIR=/home/crowbar/android/lineage/out
PLATFORM_VERSION=9
TARGET_ARCH=arm
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=PQ3A.190801.002
06:12:49 Deleted images and staging directories.

#### build completed successfully (1 seconds) ####

PLATFORM_VERSION=9
TARGET_ARCH=arm
HOST_ARCH=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_CROSS_OS=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH=x86
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=PQ3A.190801.002
[1/1] /home/crowbar/android/lineage/ou...neage/out/soong/.bootstrap/build.ninja
[55/56] glob external/tensorflow/tensorflow/contrib/lite/tflite_static.bp
[80/80] /home/crowbar/android/lineage/.../android/lineage/out/soong/build.ninja
/home/crowbar/android/lineage/out/build-lineage_karnak-cleanspec.ninja is missing, regenerating...
/home/crowbar/android/lineage/out/build-lineage_karnak.ninja is missing, regenerating...
[1039/1039] including vendor/raffy/audiofix/Android.mk ...
[ 99% 802/803] glob bionic/benchmarks/suites/*
[  3% 2033/66288] Check module type: /...PS/Camera2_intermediates/jni_link_type
packages/apps/Camera2/Android.mk: warning: Camera2 (app:platform) should not link to libjni_jpegutil (native:ndk:libc++:static)
[  3% 2186/66288] build /home/crowbar/...e-oj_intermediates/annotated/timestamp
WARNING: duplicate annotation of type libcore.util.NonNull
WARNING: duplicate annotation of type libcore.util.NonNull
Found class java.io.PrintWriter, but unable to insert @libcore.util.NonNull:
  @libcore.util.NonNull (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, RETURN_TYPE=ReturnTypeCriterion for method: append(C)Ljava/io/Writer;, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(C)Ljava/io/Writer;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
  @libcore.util.NonNull (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, RETURN_TYPE=ReturnTypeCriterion for method: append(C)Ljava/lang/Appendable;, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(C)Ljava/lang/Appendable;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
  @libcore.util.NonNull (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, RETURN_TYPE=ReturnTypeCriterion for method: append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/io/Writer;, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/io/Writer;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
Found class java.io.PrintWriter, but unable to insert @libcore.util.Nullable:
  @libcore.util.Nullable (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, PARAM=ParamCriterion for method: append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;) at position: 0, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/io/Writer;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
  @libcore.util.NonNull (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, RETURN_TYPE=ReturnTypeCriterion for method: append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/lang/Appendable;, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/lang/Appendable;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
  @libcore.util.Nullable (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, PARAM=ParamCriterion for method: append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;) at position: 0, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/lang/Appendable;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
  @libcore.util.NonNull (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, RETURN_TYPE=ReturnTypeCriterion for method: append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;II)Ljava/io/Writer;, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;II)Ljava/io/Writer;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
  @libcore.util.Nullable (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, PARAM=ParamCriterion for method: append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;II) at position: 0, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;II)Ljava/io/Writer;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
  @libcore.util.NonNull (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, RETURN_TYPE=ReturnTypeCriterion for method: append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;II)Ljava/lang/Appendable;, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;II)Ljava/lang/Appendable;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
  @libcore.util.Nullable (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at outermost type, PARAM=ParamCriterion for method: append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;II) at position: 0, IN_METHOD=in method 'append(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;II)Ljava/lang/Appendable;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.io.PrintWriter' (exactly)}
Found class java.util.HashMap, but unable to insert @libcore.util.NonNull:
  @libcore.util.NonNull (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at ( [TYPE_ARGUMENT(0)] ), RETURN_TYPE=ReturnTypeCriterion for method: entrySet()Ljava/util/Set;, IN_METHOD=in method 'entrySet()Ljava/util/Set;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.util.HashMap' (exactly)}
Found class java.util.HashMap, but unable to insert @libcore.util.NullFromTypeParam:
  @libcore.util.NullFromTypeParam (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at ( [TYPE_ARGUMENT(0), TYPE_ARGUMENT(0)] ), RETURN_TYPE=ReturnTypeCriterion for method: entrySet()Ljava/util/Set;, IN_METHOD=in method 'entrySet()Ljava/util/Set;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.util.HashMap' (exactly)}
Found class java.util.HashMap, but unable to insert @libcore.util.NullFromTypeParam:
  @libcore.util.NullFromTypeParam (nl=false) @ {GENERIC_ARRAY_LOCATION=GenericArrayLocationCriterion at ( [TYPE_ARGUMENT(0), TYPE_ARGUMENT(1)] ), RETURN_TYPE=ReturnTypeCriterion for method: entrySet()Ljava/util/Set;, IN_METHOD=in method 'entrySet()Ljava/util/Set;', IN_CLASS=In class 'java.util.HashMap' (exactly)}
[  4% 2769/66288] target Pack Relocati...ntermediates/PACKED/libdpframework.so)
INFO: Relocation table is already packed
[  4% 2914/66288] target Pack Relocati...intermediates/PACKED/libcam.client.so)
[  4% 2918/66288] target Pack Relocati..._intermediates/PACKED/libcam_utils.so)
[  6% 4075/66288] Yacc: ss <= external/iproute2/misc/ssfilter.y
external/iproute2/misc/ssfilter.y: conflicts: 35 shift/reduce
[  8% 5446/66288] Building Kernel Config
make: Entering directory '/home/crowbar/android/lineage/kernel/amazon/karnak'
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/crowbar/android/lineage/out/target/product/karnak/obj/KERNEL_OBJ'
  GEN     ./Makefile
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o
  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.hash.c
  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c
  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.lex.c
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
  HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/conf
drivers/soc/mediatek/Kconfig:59:warning: ignoring type redefinition of 'MTK_PMIC_WRAP' from 'boolean' to 'tristate'
drivers/soc/mediatek/Kconfig:59:warning: ignoring type redefinition of 'MTK_PMIC_WRAP' from 'boolean' to 'tristate'
#
# configuration written to .config
#
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/crowbar/android/lineage/out/target/product/karnak/obj/KERNEL_OBJ'
make: Leaving directory '/home/crowbar/android/lineage/kernel/amazon/karnak'
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/crowbar/android/lineage/out/target/product/karnak/obj/KERNEL_OBJ'
  GEN     ./Makefile
scripts/kconfig/conf --savedefconfig=defconfig Kconfig
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/crowbar/android/lineage/out/target/product/karnak/obj/KERNEL_OBJ'
[  8% 5644/66288] Building Kernel
FAILED: TARGET_KERNEL_BINARIES 
/bin/bash -c "(make -j2  -j\$(nproc) CFLAGS_MODULE=\"-fno-pic\" -C kernel/amazon/karnak O=/home/crowbar/android/lineage/out/target/product/karnak/obj/KERNEL_OBJ ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=\" /home/crowbar/android/lineage/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/aarch64/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/bin/aarch64-linux-android-\" CROSS_COMPILE_ARM32=\"arm-linux-androideabi-\"   Image.gz-dtb ) && (if grep -q '^CONFIG_OF=y' /home/crowbar/android/lineage/out/target/product/karnak/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.config; then echo \"Building DTBs\"; make -j2  -j\$(nproc) CFLAGS_MODULE=\"-fno-pic\" -C kernel/amazon/karnak O=/home/crowbar/android/lineage/out/target/product/karnak/obj/KERNEL_OBJ ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=\" /home/crowbar/android/lineage/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/aarch64/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/bin/aarch64-linux-android-\" CROSS_COMPILE_ARM32=\"arm-linux-androideabi-\"   dtbs; fi ) && (if grep -q '=m' /home/crowbar/android/lineage/out/target/product/karnak/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.config; then echo \"Building Kernel Modules\"; make -j2  -j\$(nproc) CFLAGS_MODULE=\"-fno-pic\" -C kernel/amazon/karnak O=/home/crowbar/android/lineage/out/target/product/karnak/obj/KERNEL_OBJ ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=\" /home/crowbar/android/lineage/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/aarch64/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/bin/aarch64-linux-android-\" CROSS_COMPILE_ARM32=\"arm-linux-androideabi-\"   modules; fi )"
  GEN     ./Makefile
scripts/kconfig/conf --silentoldconfig Kconfig
  CHK     include/config/kernel.release
  GEN     ./Makefile
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/bugs.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/bug.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/checksum.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/cputime.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/current.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/delay.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/clkdev.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/dma.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/div64.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/early_ioremap.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/emergency-restart.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/ftrace.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/hash.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/errno.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/dma-contiguous.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/ioctls.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/ioctl.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/hw_irq.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/ipcbuf.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/irq_regs.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/kdebug.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/kmap_types.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/local.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/kvm_para.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/local64.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/mcs_spinlock.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/msgbuf.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/mman.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/pci.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/pci-bridge.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/mutex.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/poll.h
  CHK     include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/preempt.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/resource.h
  UPD     include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/rwsem.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/sections.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/segment.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/sembuf.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/serial.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/scatterlist.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/shmbuf.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/simd.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/sockios.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/sizes.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/socket.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/switch_to.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/swab.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/termbits.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/topology.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/termios.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/trace_clock.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/types.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/vga.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/unaligned.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/user.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/asm/xor.h
  WRAP    arch/arm64/include/generated/uapi/asm/kvm_para.h
  HOSTCC  scripts/dtc/dtc.o
  CC      scripts/mod/empty.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/selinux/genheaders/genheaders
  HOSTCC  scripts/dtc/flattree.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/mod/mk_elfconfig
  HOSTCC  scripts/selinux/mdp/mdp
  CC      scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.s
  HOSTCC  scripts/dtc/fstree.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/dtc/data.o
In file included from /home/crowbar/android/lineage/kernel/amazon/karnak/include/linux/compiler.h:54:0,
                 from /home/crowbar/android/lineage/kernel/amazon/karnak/include/uapi/linux/stddef.h:1,
                 from /home/crowbar/android/lineage/kernel/amazon/karnak/include/linux/stddef.h:4,
                 from /home/crowbar/android/lineage/kernel/amazon/karnak/include/uapi/linux/posix_types.h:4,
                 from /home/crowbar/android/lineage/kernel/amazon/karnak/include/uapi/linux/types.h:13,
                 from /home/crowbar/android/lineage/kernel/amazon/karnak/include/linux/types.h:5,
                 from /home/crowbar/android/lineage/kernel/amazon/karnak/include/linux/mod_devicetable.h:11,
                 from /home/crowbar/android/lineage/kernel/amazon/karnak/scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.c:2:
/home/crowbar/android/lineage/kernel/amazon/karnak/include/linux/compiler-gcc.h:236:5: warning: "__has_attribute" is not defined [-Wundef]
 #if __has_attribute(__no_sanitize_address__)
     ^
/home/crowbar/android/lineage/kernel/amazon/karnak/include/linux/compiler-gcc.h:236:20: error: missing binary operator before token "("
 #if __has_attribute(__no_sanitize_address__)
                    ^
/home/crowbar/android/lineage/kernel/amazon/karnak/scripts/Makefile.build:153: recipe for target 'scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.s' failed
make[3]: *** [scripts/mod/devicetable-offsets.s] Error 1
/home/crowbar/android/lineage/kernel/amazon/karnak/scripts/Makefile.build:402: recipe for target 'scripts/mod' failed
make[2]: *** [scripts/mod] Error 2
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
  HOSTCC  scripts/dtc/livetree.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/dtc/treesource.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/dtc/srcpos.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/dtc/checks.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/dtc/util.o
  SHIPPED scripts/dtc/dtc-lexer.lex.c
  SHIPPED scripts/dtc/dtc-parser.tab.h
  SHIPPED scripts/dtc/dtc-parser.tab.c
  HOSTCC  scripts/dtc/dtc-lexer.lex.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/dtc/dtc-parser.tab.o
  HOSTLD  scripts/dtc/dtc
/home/crowbar/android/lineage/kernel/amazon/karnak/Makefile:560: recipe for target 'scripts' failed
make[1]: *** [scripts] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
  UPD     include/config/kernel.release
Makefile:145: recipe for target 'sub-make' failed
make: *** [sub-make] Error 2
[  8% 5649/66288] target arm C++: lib7...7zip/CPP/7zip/Archive/7z/7zHandler.cpp
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
06:23:03 ninja failed with: exit status 1

EDIT: I wait a week to ask for help, and an hour later find an OSDN commit (I prepared to share the link, however am banned from doing so for now, lol) posted late last year. The comments vaguely describe an introduction of a has_attribute(no_sanitize_address) check, causing older versions of GCC to break because the function is unsupported. Adding the following lines described in this commit to compiler-gcc.h fixed the build issue:
Code:
/*
* Older GCCs (< 5) don't support __has_attribute, so instead of checking
* __has_attribute(__no_sanitize_address__) do a GCC version check.
*/
#ifndef __has_attribute
# define __has_attribute(x) __GCC4_has_attribute_##x
# define __GCC4_has_attribute___no_sanitize_address__ (__GNUC_MINOR__ >= 8)
#endif
Hopefully my posting this here will help anyone who runs into this seemingly rare and poorly documented error. For reference, the OSDN revision number is c9083aa80b1bd5e6ac23c05b363a960c40ab6c06.

Last edited:

pbmurdoc

Feb 6, 2013
Been doing some Google searches, looks like other Lineage ROMs have seen similar issues with the Mic not working. Perhaps this will help? Let me know if I can provide any more logs.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-cc9/development/rom-lineageos-16-0-t3998039/page5

I can confirm that this is still an issue in the latest build. I tried testing with google hangouts and google duo and both exhibited mic issues. From what I can tell logs have already been submitted by others but if more logs are required let me know.

spiritofjerry

Jun 13, 2020
I can confirm that this is still an issue in the latest build. I tried testing with google hangouts and google duo and both exhibited mic issues. From what I can tell logs have already been submitted by others but if more logs are required let me know.

Confirmed, I can't make video calls with a working mic in Google Duo. I can "hack" the mic and make it work by plugging a 4-pole headphone jack, and then removing. The mic works after that. Zoom calls work great without needing a hack. Really unfortunate that the mic won't work under some video apps. This would be the perfect stable ROM otherwise.

dontpanic-xda

Oct 13, 2019
Thanks for this ROM. It's working really well for me, although I haven't even tried the mic yet.

I was having trouble with Wifi drops (whenever the tablet went to standby), but my problem seemed to go away when I forced the "Metered" configuration of my Wifi connection from "Detect automatically" to "Treat as unmetered".

Sep 10, 2020
Stuck in amazon logo

thabks a lot it worked fine, then I decided to install OpenGApps by TWRP. After that I the tablet is stuck at amazon logo, lineage is not loaded and I am not even able to get in twrp, when I press void down and power the tablet is jot accessing twrp but stays on amazon logo (without executing the start-up buzzer)

Please can you help me?I am not able to find a way to ho though with this.

Thanks

ymcan

May 29, 2019
SafetyNet

This might be a little off topic (apologies if it is). I have a tablet with this ROM installed, and I need it to pass Safetynet before I start setting up the tablet. When I run SafetyNet Status it tells me it fails the Basic Integrity and CTS profile match tests. I know you can fix this via Magisk, but as I need to get through Android Enterprise Enrolment before being able to do anything else I really need a way to do this from TWRP. Do you know if there is a way to do that?

Athyra

Sep 17, 2020
I made an account just to thank you for making this ROM and keeping it updated.
It's awesome. Thanks!

I just installed it last night - with the hopes of the tablet being a spotify-player in the corner of the room, that's all, so really all it needed was to play music uninterrupted.
It worked well enough last night (the audio has a hiss noticeable during quiet parts).
I paused a song before going to bed and turned off the screen,
but this morning when I pressed play there was no sound, with or without the speakers plugged into the headphone jack. Reset fixed it.
I couldn't test bluetooth, don't have any BT audio devices.

I am confirming these two points:
3. Albeit, very rarely, the headphone jack stops giving any output and is only fixed with a reboot
4. Playing any video at mute gives strange hissing sound from the speakers.

Sorry I don't have a log file, or know how to find one.

Sep 10, 2020
Is there a way with this ROM to install or move apps into the micro sd card and not in the internal storage?
With original FireOS it is possibile directly on the OS settings menu on the storage tab...
On LineageOS I wasn't able to find a way to instll or move apps into the micro SD card.

Thanks

SWhetsel

Jun 22, 2011
Akron, OH
Is there a way with this ROM to install or move apps into the micro sd card and not in the internal storage?
With original FireOS it is possibile directly on the OS settings menu on the storage tab...
On LineageOS I wasn't able to find a way to instll or move apps into the micro SD card.

Thanks

Enable Developer Options and then its under System-> Developer Options -> Force Allow Apps on External

Sep 10, 2020
Enable Developer Options and then its under System-> Developer Options -> Force Allow Apps on External

Thanks for your suggestion, I tried enabling it but I can't find any option on not on the "app" neither in "storage " settings tab which allows me to move installed apps from internal storage to micro SD card. I am new to this OS so may be I am not finding it, can u help me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    7652ffeccaa6bbdcda57289d991b093d.gif
    Disclaimer
    Code:
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
     * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
     * in the products you find here before flashing it!
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

- This ROM only works with unlocked Fires!

Rules
    - Please search the thread before asking questions
    - Please try to stay on topic, I know it's not always possible
    - Please report bugs here
    - Report only one issue per bug report
    - When reporting bugs please post a logcat and/or dmesg containing pertinent information regarding the issue...
    - Saying something isn't working without proper explanation will not attract any attention.

Prerequisites for Installation
    - Unlocked Bootloader
    - TWRP Installed

Downloads
    Lineage-16.0 for Amazon Fire HD8" 2018
    G-APPS (ARM)

Install/Upgrade the ROM
    - Boot to TWRP
    - Go to wipe and wipe: system, data, cache
    - Go to install and flash ROM.zip
    - Flash G-APPS (Optional)
    - Reboot

Source Code
    - Kernel Source: https://github.com/mt8163/android_kernel_amazon_karnak
    - Device Tree: https://github.com/mt8163/android_device_amazon_karnak/

Contributors
    Kaijones23, Rortiz2, xyz`, k4y0z, ggow
    Source Code: https://github.com/mt8163/android_device_amazon_karnak

ROM OS Version: 9.0 Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.20
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP, MT8163 Processor
    Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information

Created 2019-10-11
    Last Updated 2020-06-04

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage-16.0 for Fire HD8 (karnak), ROM for the Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10

Contributors
    Kaijones23, Rortiz2
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-05-03
    Current Beta Version: 1.0

Created 2019-10-11
    Last Updated 2020-06-05
    Release Notes
    Code:
    [B]version 4.0[/B]
    - ASB to May 5, 2020
    -Disabled Night-light
    *as you should notice that the screen is tinted yellow because livedisplay is currently working as normal like nougat. 

[B]version 3.0[/B]
    - ASB to April 5, 2020
    - Fixed Fd Leak
    - Backported Q Styles to SystemUI and Settings (Very Minimal)
    - Fixed Prime Video Crashing. Works as normal now.

[B]version 2.0[/B]
    -fixed codecs
    -fixed Bluetooth thanks to [user=8184192]@Stricted[/user]
    -fixed camera crashing when the photo is taken
    -fixed headphones thanks [user=9325417]@t0x1cSH[/user] and [user=10317629]@spelcheck[/user]

[B]version 1.0[/B]
    - Kind of stable as Nougat
    - codecs are kind of working (Netflix, Play Movies, Youtube Works fine)
    - Bluetooth does not work (will need to work on that)
    - Camera partially Works (crashes when taking photos)
    - Audio works fine
    - better battery life
    - headphones are not working at the moment
    - more to come!
    Hello, I will be pausing development until I finish my finals for like until December 14th and I will continue to fix issues and bugs after I am done. Thanks for all your support also @spelcheck thanks for your help with the headphones and in going to push the next Build after my finals all security patch level will be up to December.
    If you have any issues please report to my GitHub repo and I will sort it out after I'm done. Also thanks for all your support.
    Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Im going to spill the beans here, I actually got the Bluetooth working on lineage 16.0 and I hope you guys are ready for the next update. After the finals I will be working on to fix the codecs and graphics. [emoji106]

Just dropping this here....Screenshot_20200205-194213_Settings.jpg

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone