• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[ROM][unlocked][karnak] Lineage-17.1[17 JULY 2020]

Kaijones23

Recognized Developer
Dec 7, 2018
Las Vegas
Disclaimer
Code:
/*
 * This ROM will eat your cat
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
 * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
 * in the products you find here before flashing it!
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
 */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

- This ROM only works with unlocked Fires!

Rules
- Please search the thread before asking questions
- Please try to stay on topic, I know it's not always possible
- Please report bugs here
- Report only one issue per bug report
- When reporting bugs please post a logcat and/or dmesg containing pertinent information regarding the issue...
- Saying something isn't working without proper explanation will not attract any attention.

Prerequisites for Installation
- Unlocked Bootloader
- TWRP Installed

Install/Upgrade the ROM
- Boot to TWRP
- Go to wipe and wipe: system, data, cache
- Go to install and flash ROM.zip
- Flash G-APPS (Optional)
- Reboot

Downloads
Lineage-17.1- for Amazon Fire HD8" 2018
G-APPS (ARM)

Source Code
- Kernel Source: https://github.com/mt8163/android_kernel_amazon_karnak
- Device Tree: https://github.com/mt8163/android_device_amazon_karnak/

XDA:DevDB Information
Lineage-17.1 for Fire HD8 (karnak), ROM for the Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10

Contributors
Kaijones23, Rortiz2, t0x1cSH, k4y0z
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1.0
Beta Release Date: 2020-07-17

Created 2020-07-17
Last Updated 2020-07-17

Utoixx

Feb 8, 2020
Ha Noi
Yep worked for me as well. From my bit of using this the camera doesn't work at all but I expected that. Heading back to LOS 14.1 for now.
1. Could not rotate screen
2. Camera not working!
2. This rom work very smooth, but 60fps video playback still lagged, so I went back to Lineage OS 14.1: ((

TheBigK300

Jan 20, 2019
1. Could not rotate screen
2. Camera not working!
2. This rom work very smooth, but 60fps video playback still lagged, so I went back to Lineage OS 14.1: ((
Have you tried using LineageOS 16, that has also worked very well and the things you mentioned not working work fine

Reactions: Utoixx

Utoixx

Feb 8, 2020
Ha Noi
Have you tried using LineageOS 16, that has also worked very well and the things you mentioned not working work fine
I usually watch youtube gaming at 720p60fps, lineage 14.1 work very well, but lineage 15, 16 ,17 sometime very lag!
Kaijones23 is a good man!
But there is a person who always sees this error as a joke, be careful with him!

Kaijones23

Recognized Developer
Dec 7, 2018
Las Vegas
I usually watch youtube gaming at 720p60fps, lineage 14.1 work very well, but lineage 15, 16 ,17 sometime very lag!
Kaijones23 is a good man!
But there is a person who always sees this error as a joke, be careful with him!
Please ignore the lags on this rom since its an testing build and will improve if i find the solution for these issues.
the codecs are being used by software, not hardware since there was an issue with the decoding with the hardware codecs on HVEC.

Reactions: AngryManMLS

musicmanjp6

Feb 3, 2011
This is awesome! Thanks for your hard work on these ROMs, @Kaijones23!

I was able to get it installed successfully with latest G-Apps Micro. I haven't had a chance to test everything, but running well so far.

System-wide dark mode rules!

iloyski

Nov 15, 2019
everything works well so far except the bluetooth headphones. It detects and connects and i set the output to BT but the sound still comes out on the device's speaker and not on Bt headphones. Also it boots slowly on that amazon logo part.
Thanks Again.