• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][unlocked][karnak] Lineage-17.1[17 JULY 2020]

Search This thread

Amelios

Mar 7, 2008
The lineage 18.1 build is almost done, sorry it took so long but ive been busy most of times and the remaining issues that is needed fixing is
  1. Camera
  2. Omx codecs
The headphones works and the sound and bluetooth works too
Any chance for an early build for anyone who doesn't mind the camera or OMX being broken? :)

Kovaelin

Aug 19, 2015
Canada
Amazing effort. Thanks so much for your work. I've been staying on 15.1 for stability, but having both cameras working dependably will be great for video calls.

Kaijones23

Recognized Developer
Dec 7, 2018
Las Vegas
Amazing effort. Thanks so much for your work. I've been staying on 15.1 for stability, but having both cameras working dependably will be great for video calls.
Due to the development taking a while, I've been moving place to place and it's hard for me to find time for some development, I lost my job because I was laid off, I've been looking to have footsteps in information technology and I've been doing that since 2018, The job market in vegas is not easy right now, I used to live alone by renting a place and for unforeseen budget concerns, I cancelled my lease and moved back to my parents so they can help me get back on track.

I’ve got a rather severe issue. I can’t get OpenGapps to install Google Play Services for me, and any attempts to install with an APK lead to either “Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped” and “com.google.process.gapps has stopped” spam or a non-functional install (attempts to press “Manage space” in settings or “Sign in” on the play store lead to crashes, white screens, or a whole lot of nothing.) I’ve tried giving the APK installs permissions to no avail. I don’t know what sorts of logs would be relevant here, so please let me know what I can do to help. Thanks!
Edit: Figured I should say that I’ve tried ARM OpenGapps for Android 10 Nano and Pico, and neither worked on the Fire. The same zips did work for my phone though, so I don’t think the zip is the problem.

Falcon342

Aug 24, 2020
I’ve got a rather severe issue. I can’t get OpenGapps to install Google Play Services for me, and any attempts to install with an APK lead to either “Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped” and “com.google.process.gapps has stopped” spam or a non-functional install (attempts to press “Manage space” in settings or “Sign in” on the play store lead to crashes, white screens, or a whole lot of nothing.) I’ve tried giving the APK installs permissions to no avail. I don’t know what sorts of logs would be relevant here, so please let me know what I can do to help. Thanks!
Edit: Figured I should say that I’ve tried ARM OpenGapps for Android 10 Nano and Pico, and neither worked on the Fire. The same zips did work for my phone though, so I don’t think the zip is the problem.
This LineageOS 17.1 ROM is super buggy and i dont recommend using it, (no idea how to solve your issue)

Currently i recommend LineageOS 18.1 or LineageOS 16.0.

Reactions: SergeantFury

Falcon342

Aug 24, 2020
Anyone know if this would work on a Fire 8 10th generation with the 2gb ram? Or is this for that variant? I know its in this category but what is confusing is the 2018 model with 1.5gb of ram is mostly mentioned.
This ROM is for the 2018 (8th Generation) Fire 8 only, currently there is no bootloader unlock available for the 2020 (10th Generation) Fire 8/8+

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    7652ffeccaa6bbdcda57289d991b093d.gif
    Disclaimer
    Code:
    /*
     * This ROM will eat your cat
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
     * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
     * in the products you find here before flashing it!
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

- This ROM only works with unlocked Fires!

Rules
    - Please search the thread before asking questions
    - Please try to stay on topic, I know it's not always possible
    - Please report bugs here
    - Report only one issue per bug report
    - When reporting bugs please post a logcat and/or dmesg containing pertinent information regarding the issue...
    - Saying something isn't working without proper explanation will not attract any attention.

Prerequisites for Installation
    - Unlocked Bootloader
    - TWRP Installed

Install/Upgrade the ROM
    - Boot to TWRP
    - Go to wipe and wipe: system, data, cache
    - Go to install and flash ROM.zip
    - Flash G-APPS (Optional)
    - Reboot

Downloads
    Lineage-17.1- for Amazon Fire HD8" 2018
    G-APPS (ARM)

Source Code
    - Kernel Source: https://github.com/mt8163/android_kernel_amazon_karnak
    - Device Tree: https://github.com/mt8163/android_device_amazon_karnak/

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage-17.1 for Fire HD8 (karnak), ROM for the Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10

Contributors
    Kaijones23, Rortiz2, t0x1cSH, k4y0z
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2020-07-17

Created 2020-07-17
    Last Updated 2020-07-17
    The lineage 18.1 build is almost done, sorry it took so long but ive been busy most of times and the remaining issues that is needed fixing is
    1. Camera
    2. Omx codecs
    The headphones works and the sound and bluetooth works too
    Hey y'all , I've been really busy with my life , school and work. The 18.1 ROM is working too but still on production because there is alot of issues .the last thing in need to fix is the headphones
    Due to the development taking a while, I've been moving place to place and it's hard for me to find time for some development, I lost my job because I was laid off, I've been looking to have footsteps in information technology and I've been doing that since 2018, The job market in vegas is not easy right now, I used to live alone by renting a place and for unforeseen budget concerns, I cancelled my lease and moved back to my parents so they can help me get back on track.