[ROM][unlocked]Lineage-16.0 [08 FEB 2021]

sarib

Nov 16, 2016
Magisk should work with this rom. Yes you can flash twrp to the recovery partition. But I would recommend a clean installation if coming from lineage-14.1.
just installed this rom looks fresh and cool especially sound is louder like stock rom but magisk isn't working when installing zip it says "installtion failed" "Unsupported/unknown image format"

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
just installed this rom looks fresh and cool especially sound is louder like stock rom but magisk isn't working when installing zip it says "installtion failed" "Unsupported/unknown image format"
Will take a look into Magisk failing. Which version of Magisk were you trying to install?

• Love
Reactions: sarib

sarib

Nov 16, 2016
I'm currently facing an issue my tablet's (thor) charging is 81% and it isn't getting charged anymore it is a bug or my tablet's problem btw I've not faced such issue in the past, anyone here facing such issue?

hippooo

Oct 21, 2020
New Build is Up
Dated: 11 January 2021
Well, this ROM is incredible!
Even I dirty-flashed my Apollo (nonLTE) from latest 14.1 release, it works like a charm!
It's smooth like butter. I updated TWRP to latest version and installed 11/01 ROM & Open GAPPS pico as of 15/01.
It worked out of the box without any glitches at all.
Even Bluetooth /wireless works much more reliable compared to lineage 14.1.
Impressive!

Last edited:
Reactions: ggow

sarib

Nov 16, 2016
I'm facing another problem after turning off WiFi when I turned it on my AP isn't visible but other networks are available(every time rebooting after turning off saves me) and still facing battery not charging more than 75% issue, assuming reporting these bugs helpful? (Thor with latest twrp)

double-gee

Nov 29, 2014
I Just installed the Version from 11th of January on my THOR (Clean install) and WiFi does not work. I can see my Network but cannot connect. After entering the password nothing happens.

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
I'm facing another problem after turning off WiFi when I turned it on my AP isn't visible but other networks are available(every time rebooting after turning off saves me) and still facing battery not charging more than 75% issue, assuming reporting these bugs helpful? (Thor with latest twrp)
Could you send a logcat and dmesg for the Wifi bug.

Mine charges to 100% no probs, you may have a battery wear issue?

urigg

Sep 29, 2017
still facing battery not charging more than 75% issue
If it helps, here's my experience: For some time now my device has temperature issues with the old battery. When device is cold, capacity is lower than after warming up while using, like 10% after turning on and 25% after 5 minutes of using. The other way round, if I charge it, it often seems to stop at 100%, and then drops to 90-95% while still plugged. Once I shortly switch it on, it continues to charge, so it eventually gets fully charged after 2-3 attempts.

Beside that, battery is still good for 2 weeks of standby while using it for 30-60min per day.

sarib

Nov 16, 2016
Could you send a logcat and dmesg for the Wifi bug.

Mine charges to 100% no probs, you may have a battery wear issue?
I don't know how to do these things if anyone have any information's link regarding log cat and dmesg please post here or I'll do it myself after searching

sarib

Nov 16, 2016
If it helps, here's my experience: For some time now my device has temperature issues with the old battery. When device is cold, capacity is lower than after warming up while using, like 10% after turning on and 25% after 5 minutes of using. The other way round, if I charge it, it often seems to stop at 100%, and then drops to 90-95% while still plugged. Once I shortly switch it on, it continues to charge, so it eventually gets fully charged after 2-3 attempts.

Beside that, battery is still good for 2 weeks of standby while using it for 30-60min per day.
I'm in same condition but mine's battery is working perfectly with 14.1

urigg

Sep 29, 2017
(just adding, my battery experience is based on 14.1.)

Did a quick test of Jan-11. Works as expected, no hot running tasks any more. Haven't seen it on deep sleep though, might need to wait a bit to settle.

The wifi firmware crash on wifi scan and certain APs in reach is still there, so this will be just a short visit to v16 for me again.

Reactions: sol-invictus

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
(just adding, my battery experience is based on 14.1.)

Did a quick test of Jan-11. Works as expected, no hot running tasks any more. Haven't seen it on deep sleep though, might need to wait a bit to settle.

The wifi firmware crash on wifi scan and certain APs in reach is still there, so this will be just a short visit to v16 for me again.
Thanks for the feedback, will add this to the list also.

pxrave

Apr 7, 2010
root
px-coding.org
New Build is Up

Dated: 11 January 2021
- [fixed]
Widevine DRM
- [fixed] Various selinux denials
- [done] Bluetooth: Implement aptX & aptXHD
- [done] Commonise WiFi configuration and firmware
- [fixed] Fix WiFi signal strength indicator
- [done] Fix high cpu usage caused by netmgrd (disabled for now)
- [needs testing] Some devices are unable to boot - new twrp should fix these issues
- [fixed] No adb during boot
- [info] Rework out of tree patches

hey my friend, good see you back.
happy new year.
i installed your latest twrp and updated to 11 of january
i have 2 hdx device (one with pico gapps one with micro g)
wipe system and all cache (take more long but works)
install your rom and magisk

the rom works more good!

bugs i encountered...
  • the wifi crash sometimes and need to reboot the device because dont show any wifi after the wifi was lost (when happen next time i take a log)
  • the volume is more quiet, i think to quiet to watch series etc. (drm works perfect!!!)
rom review...

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
hey my friend, good see you back.
happy new year.
i installed your latest twrp and updated to 11 of january
i have 2 hdx device (one with pico gapps one with micro g)
wipe system and all cache (take more long but works)
install your rom and magisk

the rom works more good!

bugs i encountered...
  • the wifi crash sometimes and need to reboot the device because dont show any wifi after the wifi was lost (when happen next time i take a log)
  • the volume is more quiet, i think to quiet to watch series etc. (drm works perfect!!!)
rom review...
Will add signature spoofing to the list. I avoided adding zram in this release because there were already a lot of changes going in. zram will go in at some point soon.

jeffhanneman

Aug 6, 2009
Haltern / See
D*mn... Tried my forgotten thor, rooted on 13.3.1. 0, but unused for 6years now. Failed to boot to twrp (stuck on grey logo). Tried with twrp 3.5.0_9-0 and -1 by using flashify. Is there any other way to boot Into twrp?