- May 13, 2011
/* * This ROM can and will kill your cat, deprive you of your social life * and cause problems with your device if you aren't careful. * This firmware contains chemicals known to the State of California * to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. * You have been warned. */
- EVEN MORE IMPORTANT:
The ROM will only work with an unlocked bootloader which removes signature enforcement on both SP Flash Tool and whenever the tablet boots up. Links to the hacked preloader, LK and TWRP recovery image can be found here. Flashing these can be a risky proposition so it is advised to do a full EMMC backup of the device prior to modding your Epic. A backup procedure can be found on this blog post.
You should only flash Magisk via TWRP as updating or installing it via the manager will cause a boot loop. In case you end up with such an issue just flash the ROM again and you should be fine.
Also, this does not come with a kids' mode UI and will cut you off from LeapFrog online services such as the App Centre and the Academy programme. You may however download the LeapFrog Academy app from the Play Store (assuming you installed an OpenGapps package, duh...) Whether it is possible to bring back the kids and parents launcher along with some services through a flashable zip is yet to be determined, but that wouldn't be a priority issue for now.
- Unlock the bootloader and install TWRP
- Boot to TWRP by pressing volume up + power
- Wipe system, data and cache
- Install the LineageOS zip you just downloaded
- Please search the thread before asking questions
- Please try to stay on topic, I know it's not always possible
- Please report bugs here
- Report only one issue per bug report
- When reporting bugs please post a logcat and/or dmesg containing pertinent information regarding the issue...
Prerequisites for Installation
- Unlocked Bootloader
- TWRP Installed
*** Please do NOT create any mirrors ***
Lineage-14.1 for the LeapFrog Epic
- Device Tree: https://github.com/mt8127-tadpole/android_device_quanta_narnia
- Kernel Source: https://github.com/mac2612/android_kernel_alcatel_ttab
- Vendor Tree: https://github.com/mt8127-tadpole/android_vendor_quanta_narnia
- Mac2612 for the kernel-side work
- Stricted for the ttab kernel sources
- Diplomatic for his knowledge of MediaTek internals
- ggow because I kanged most of the text on this OP from him
LineageOS, ROM for the LeapFrog Epic
ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
Stable Release Date: TBA?
Last Updated 2020-09-08
Screenshot_20200911-134633.jpg38.6 KB · Views: 238
Screenshot_20200911-134644.jpg45 KB · Views: 235
Screenshot_20200911-134340.png52.6 KB · Views: 218
Screenshot_20200911-134659.png25.6 KB · Views: 207
Screenshot_20200911-134726.png101.9 KB · Views: 196
Screenshot_20200911-134739.png109.4 KB · Views: 222