[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0.0][r41][I9100] LineageOS 17.1

flesueur

Jan 3, 2021
Hi, and thank you for this impressive work !

I regularly have a RIL problem, perhaps *the* famous RIL problem ? With the cellular network becoming unavailable until a poweroff. I have done a logcat and a radio log earlier, should I post them here ? On an issue somewhere ? Could not find where, nor if I should remove/anonymize some parts of my logs...

Cheers
Francois

rINanDO

Dec 17, 2009
New build is up!
Not many changes, just updated sources and Magisk kernel update. I can't fix RIL... RIL crashes on my phone just too rarely on my daily drive. Currently trying to fix LOS 18.1 in my spare time, but making slowly progress.

Build #21 2021-01-07
Overall state: Stable
Android build: 10.0.0-r41
Required recovery: TWRP 3.4.0-i9100 for Android 10

Changes:
- Update sources
- Magisk v21.2 supported kernel image

Downloads
i9100-LOS-16.0-Emulated-Storage.pit
TWRP-3.4.0-i9100-Android-10.img

lineage-17.1-20210107-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip
lineage-17.1-20210107-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_boot_magisk.img

Last edited:

fargh123

Jan 31, 2014
hi @rINanDO thanks for your great rom
I have connectivity with Wi-Fi since lineage 16
it says no internet connection or Limited connection

edit: i flashed rom with gapps again and it solved😳
and for AP thanks to OllieW

WiFi connections to AP with PMF enabled don't work (the bug was also in LOS16 and could be fixed with the "pmf=0" instead of default "pmf=1" setting in "wpa_supplicant.conf", because PMF is not working on S2 but driver will force PMF right now)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2020
florence.biree.name
Hi @rINanDO, thanks for this update! Works well so far on my S2 :)

There is a "w" missing at the start of lineage-17.1-20210107-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip download link in your post.

Also, have you look at this patch: https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/f44b4b19da1541fce8440ffa1e59cdb722cf10b5

The kernel in your ROM doesn't have it, and this makes the command ip route get IP crash the phone, and thus the new Firefox versions, which use this command: https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/fenix/issues/5663

Do you think this patch can be included in a future build?

rINanDO

Dec 17, 2009
Hi @rINanDO, thanks for this update! Works well so far on my S2 :)

There is a "w" missing at the start of lineage-17.1-20210107-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip download link in your post.

Also, have you look at this patch: https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/f44b4b19da1541fce8440ffa1e59cdb722cf10b5

The kernel in your ROM doesn't have it, and this makes the command ip route get IP crash the phone, and thus the new Firefox versions, which use this command: https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/fenix/issues/5663

Do you think this patch can be included in a future build?
Hi,
I will include this patch in next build. Thanks!

mhanbury

Dec 3, 2004
Excellent work @rINanDO the ROM is working well on my S2. Only question I have is the S2 has the BCM4330 chip which according to https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/ref-which-devices-have-ant-hardware.2879990/ should support Ant+. Is there any chance you could get the following added to system to test:

/system/app/AntHalService/AntHalService.apk
/system/etc/permissions/com.dsi.ant.antradio_library.xml
/system/framework/com.dsi.ant.antradio_library.jar
/system/lib/libantradio.so

If they're not available in the standard LineageOS repo for our S2 the additional phones apparently have the same chip and the Sony Xperia phones are apparently Ant+ certified:

Apple, Apple TV 3rd gen
Apple, iPhone 4S
Apple, iPad 3
Asus, Nexus 7
Google, Glass (http://www.techinsights.com/teardown.com/google-glass/ Confirmed: http://au.alibaba.com/product/1743558555-Wireless-LAN-Wifi-Module-WM-BN.html)
HTC, Sensation XL
Kindle, Fire HD 2013
Ouya, Ouya
Samsung, Galaxy Beam
Samsung, Galaxy Nexus
Samsung, Galaxy Note
Samsung, Galaxy Pocket
Samsung, Galaxy Tab 10.1
Samsung, Galaxy Tab2
Samsung, Galaxy S2
Sony, Xperia S [LT26i]: Stock (certified)
Sony, Xperia acro S: Stock (certified)

jaroslav_01

Apr 4, 2016
Tienen
Hello, This rom is great but I have one problem.
Why does it eat trough the battery so fast when not in use?
I turned on Plane mode because I don't use a sim card in this phone and made some optimizations in the settings but it still dies quickly when not in use. (The battery itself is not bad)

S2StillRocks

Jan 22, 2021
Undervolting crashesnthe device.

Tried adiutor and ex kernel manager.

Device heats up too much with your settings. Please add undervolting. Talu kernel has it but its magisk is broken.

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
Talu kernel has it but its magisk is broken.
Just for information, no one should be using, or even trying, my kernel anymore. It's missing a few new fixes and I'm no longer continuing working on it for various reasons I'll probably explain later in a new post.

I should properly discontinue it and remove downloads to images sometime later.

Reactions: S2StillRocks

S2StillRocks

Jan 22, 2021
Just for information, no one should be using, or even trying, my kernel anymore. It's missing a few new fixes and I'm no longer continuing working on it for various reasons I'll probably explain later in a new post.

I should properly discontinue it and remove downloads to images sometime later.
Dont mate.
Just put huge red disclaimer whybpeople shouldnt use the kernel but leave the dls.

Thanks for your work btw. I appreciate it

DarkAngelNoctis

Nov 22, 2019
Rome
Code:
/*
** Your warranty is now void.
** We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
** thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
** do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
** before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
** you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
**/
Hi all,

This port was a hard one! In Q it is mandatory to use System-as-root. Real pain in the neck, because our S2 as a Ramdisk within the zImage... and our embedded recovery... and IsoRec recovery. Anyway, I found a way after almost about a 1000 forward ports from several kernels in 5-6 attempts in our ancient 3.0.101 kernel. It finally boots and a lot of stuff is working. So let's ship the very first build of LOS 17.0 on Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100).

For all of these builds you NEED ISOlated-RECovery because I had to eliminate the embedded (.cpio) ramdisk-images in zImage.

Upgrade from Samsung stock ROM using ODIN 3.07
lineage-17.1-20200526-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip (Selinux permissive)
Micro SD-card before flashing.
Pit: i9100-LOS-16.0-Emulated-Storage.pit
PDA: i9100-LOS-16.0-Emulated-Storage-TWRP-3.3.1-1.tar.md5

1. Boot your phone into Download-mode (Volume down + Power/Standby + Home and hold for 10 seconds).
2. Start ODIN 3.07 on your PC.
3. Connect your phone via USB to your PC.
4. Press volume up on your phone, ODIN should detect your phone.
5. In ODIN:
Auto Reboot : unchecked
Re-Partition: checked
PIT : i9100-LOS-16.0-Emulated-Storage.pit
PDA : i9100-LOS-16.0-Emulated-Storage-TWRP-3.3.1-1.tar.md5
6. Press Start.
7. After succesful flash, reboot phone into Recovery:
- Press Volume up + Power/Standby + Home and hold for 10 seconds.
The phone shuts down.
- Repeat Press Volume up + Power/Standby + Home and hold for 10 seconds
Phone boots in recovery TWRP 3.3.1-1.
8. Swipe to Allow Modifications
9. In TWRP 3.3.1-1 you need to format partions
- Wipe -> Format Data -> Type [yes]
- Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select:
* Davik / ART Cache
* Cache
* System
* Non-emulated Storage
-> Swipe to Wipe
10. Install LOS-17.1 + Gapps or MicroG
To prevent "Uncryption unsuccessful" error of GAPPS at first start:
- Reboot to recovery and Wipe -> Format Data -> Type [yes] again
11. Boot System
DON'T INSTALL TWRP APP. This will cause bootloop!
12. For MicroG users:
You need manualy grant permissions via ADB to get things working properly.
These are the commands:
adb shell pm grant com.android.vending android.permission.FAKE_PACKAGE_SIGNATURE
adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.FAKE_PACKAGE_SIGNATURE
13. Before flashing a newer build, make sure you update the required TWRP Recovery-image. From build #14 and further you need TWRP 3.4.0-i9100-Android 10. Otherwise it won't flash properly and comes with the error "No OS installed"-message when you reboot.
I am stopped at 6 point, after i press "Start" iOdin don't go anymore and FAIL! I have GT-I9105P

S2StillRocks

Jan 22, 2021
About the ril issue, i saw the no service message while using hotspot with my tablet forba while. I restarted it didnt go, I turned it off and on it dint go. Thing survives reboots.

Only after taking the battery out I could get reception.

May be its some kind of a resisntant memory/swap bug?

BIG_MATT

Jan 27, 2021
Hi @rINanDO Beautiful ROM, congratulations!

I have followed all the steps you listed but I notice slowdowns and excessive battery discharge (New from 2650mAH).
How can I get back in stock since following the normal tutorials or trying to install new ROMs I always remain in Bootloop?