[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0.0][r41][I9100] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

leitefresco

Feb 28, 2020
I have done this experiment on 2 phones:

- Charged 100%.
- One with a phone sim card and one without.
- The battery on the phone with phone sim card only lasts a day.
- The battery on the phone without phone card lasts several days.
- Both phones have 0 applications open.

Is it a normal behavior?

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6

- Charged 100%.

Is it a normal behavior?
Phone services are quite a resource heavy activities, so it's not strange that the battery lasts longer if they're disabled (no SIM).

Reactions: leitefresco

JaLoou

Jun 20, 2017

- Charged 100%.

Is it a normal behavior?
It is NOT normal. It is the unfixed issue of this custom ROM.

nikec

Nov 8, 2008
POCO M3
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Hi,
using the latest 20210301 version with magisk boot - I am having problems getting SpiritFM2 to work. The error message says: Tuner API did not start or stop. This device may need a kernel with a working FM driver. Using the Spirit2 2015_04_14 version.

Do I need a special app to make this feature work?

Thanks for the answer!

threader

May 31, 2010
GitHub.com
I'm having some strange issues, found this i9100 with a broken touch laying around I thought i'd put to use, got odin, flashed the pit and twrp re-partitioning, installed the latest twrp via 'dd', pushed all files in place, found an old 16gb sdcard, but no matter what i try i get 'Encryption Unsuccessful
encryption was interrupted and can't complete. as a result. the data on your phone is no longer accessible... etc..'

I've followed the first post to the letter, twice, i've not flashed gapps yet. /data cannot be formatted.

Edit:

I used adb to twrp to 'make_ext4fs /dev//block/platform/dw_mmc/by-name/DATAFS' then it started working and i could format /data from twrp menu again without error.

Last edited:

Her Beginner

Apr 5, 2021
This is my first experience on using a different OS other than stock. Available information on installing custom roms can be a little overwhelming and confusing. Good thing I didn't brick my phone.

Surprised by how a 2011 phone is running on a 2019-2021 version of Android. Sir rINanDO and all that he mentioned in the original post are like wizards. You guys are amazing.

I have a few questions regarding my installation process as I am still a newbie. (Go easy on me.)

1. I was not able to install lineage-17.1-20210301-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_boot_magisk.img. Will my phone be okay?

2. If I were to install it, will the process just be the same?
e.g. installing these 3 altogether:
a. lineage-17.1-20210301-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip (INSTALLED)
b. open_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20210407.zip (INSTALLED)
c. lineage-17.1-20210301-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_boot.img (NOT INSTALLED)

3. LineageOS and Gapps are installed from flash drive connected to phone via OTG as I do not have a microSD card. Is that okay? Are there any pros/cons with this process?

Still haven't checked the phone thoroughly. Haven't downloaded anything yet. Haven't opened Play Store. Just getting the general feel.

Thanks all. Hoping to learn more.

MaddogIT

Sep 17, 2018
Gradisca d'Isonzo (GO)
This is my first experience on using a different OS other than stock. Available information on installing custom roms can be a little overwhelming and confusing. Good thing I didn't brick my phone.

Surprised by how a 2011 phone is running on a 2019-2021 version of Android. Sir rINanDO and all that he mentioned in the original post are like wizards. You guys are amazing.

I have a few questions regarding my installation process as I am still a newbie. (Go easy on me.)

1. I was not able to install lineage-17.1-20210301-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_boot_magisk.img. Will my phone be okay?

2. If I were to install it, will the process just be the same?
e.g. installing these 3 altogether:
a. lineage-17.1-20210301-UNOFFICIAL-i9100.zip (INSTALLED)
b. open_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20210407.zip (INSTALLED)
c. lineage-17.1-20210301-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_boot.img (NOT INSTALLED)

3. LineageOS and Gapps are installed from flash drive connected to phone via OTG as I do not have a microSD card. Is that okay? Are there any pros/cons with this process?

Still haven't checked the phone thoroughly. Haven't downloaded anything yet. Haven't opened Play Store. Just getting the general feel.

Thanks all. Hoping to learn more.
Hi,
nice to know you managed to install nearly all.
Just a question for point 2, you didn't install the boot image because you weren't able to see the file? If this was the issue you have to change the file type to install from the menu to see the .img files, then you can select it and flash to boot.
Point 3, it's all ok, this can be done in a lot of modes, just microSD mode is considered an easy way to do it.

jo-so

Nov 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note II
i9100
Does anyone know what these messages mean?
Code:
04-08 11:25:14.893  2090  2090 I hwservicemanager: getTransport: Cannot find entry android.hardware.bluetooth@1.0::IBluetoothHci/default in either framework or device manifest.
04-08 11:25:14.910  8425  8461 F libc    : Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -1 (SI_QUEUE) in tid 8461 (bt_hci_thread), pid 8425 (droid.bluetooth)
04-08 11:25:14.927  2090  8462 W libc    : Unable to set property "ctl.interface_start" to "android.hardware.bluetooth@1.0::IBluetoothHci/default": error code: 0x20
04-08 11:25:14.927  2090  8462 E hwservicemanager: Failed to set property for starting android.hardware.bluetooth@1.0::IBluetoothHci/default

I'm using the image 20210301.

Her Beginner

Apr 5, 2021
Hi,
nice to know you managed to install nearly all.
Just a question for point 2, you didn't install the boot image because you weren't able to see the file? If this was the issue you have to change the file type to install from the menu to see the .img files, then you can select it and flash to boot.
Point 3, it's all ok, this can be done in a lot of modes, just microSD mode is considered an easy way to do it.
Hi MaddogIT! I wasn't able to install it because it wasn't in the instructions in the original post, albeit it was included in the downloads part of Build #23 on the same post. Just strictly following instructions to avoid bricking I guess. I just realized I didn't install it right after successfully installing the Lineage OS on my Galaxy S2 and rechecking the instructions and files (if I used everything correctly).

Would it make sense if I redo the process? Just me being obsessive-compulsive. If I were to repeat everything, would everything still be the same from step 1 of original post? And when/where/how should I install the Magisk? I did not understand when you said "change the file type...". Sorry. Really new with this. (Even some terms still confuse me like "flash" lol) Just a normal user wanting to try something different.

MaddogIT

Sep 17, 2018
Gradisca d'Isonzo (GO)
Hi MaddogIT! I wasn't able to install it because it wasn't in the instructions in the original post, albeit it was included in the downloads part of Build #23 on the same post. Just strictly following instructions to avoid bricking I guess. I just realized I didn't install it right after successfully installing the Lineage OS on my Galaxy S2 and rechecking the instructions and files (if I used everything correctly).

Would it make sense if I redo the process? Just me being obsessive-compulsive. If I were to repeat everything, would everything still be the same from step 1 of original post? And when/where/how should I install the Magisk? I did not understand when you said "change the file type...". Sorry. Really new with this. (Even some terms still confuse me like "flash" lol) Just a normal user wanting to try something different.
Hi,
you, of course, can redo all from the scratch or you can simply flash just that missing one now.
The difference between install and flash is that during install you unpack and copy files where there is space like copy by hand a page, in flash there is a copy of same bit in same place, like doing a photocopy.

Her Beginner

Apr 5, 2021
Hi,
you, of course, can redo all from the scratch or you can simply flash just that missing one now.
The difference between install and flash is that during install you unpack and copy files where there is space like copy by hand a page, in flash there is a copy of same bit in same place, like doing a photocopy.
Sounds like the install is the cleaner way as opposed to flash. Less clutter(?)

Anyway, how would I install/flash the lineage-17.1-20210301-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_boot.img? Do I need to boot into recovery mode and use TWRP to install this? Will TWRP recognize the file type? 'coz I noticed that this is not a zip file, but an img file. No idea how img files work.

MaddogIT

Sep 17, 2018
Gradisca d'Isonzo (GO)
Sounds like the install is the cleaner way as opposed to flash. Less clutter(?)

Anyway, how would I install/flash the lineage-17.1-20210301-UNOFFICIAL-i9100_magisk_boot.img? Do I need to boot into recovery mode and use TWRP to install this? Will TWRP recognize the file type? 'coz I noticed that this is not a zip file, but an img file. No idea how img files work.
Flash is like "clone" something, after that, all have the same "configuration". The difference is between clean and dirty flash. You have a dirty flash when there is an upgrade from a release to the next one, you overwrite. You have a clean flash when you format and delete the previous installation. Normally passing between a lineage major to the next one a clean flash is needed (ie from 16 to 17), no need (if not differently stated by maintainers) for an update of the same major (ie. bugfixes, security patch, etc)
In TWRP when you go to the install menu, you have two buttons on the bottom, one is for change media where to search files, the other one switch from .zip to .img installation and vice-versa.

Her Beginner

Apr 5, 2021
Flash is like "clone" something, after that, all have the same "configuration". The difference is between clean and dirty flash. You have a dirty flash when there is an upgrade from a release to the next one, you overwrite. You have a clean flash when you format and delete the previous installation. Normally passing between a lineage major to the next one a clean flash is needed (ie from 16 to 17), no need (if not differently stated by maintainers) for an update of the same major (ie. bugfixes, security patch, etc)
In TWRP when you go to the install menu, you have two buttons on the bottom, one is for change media where to search files, the other one switch from .zip to .img installation and vice-versa.
It says "Select Partition to Flash Image". What should I choose? Boot or Recovery?

Top Liked Posts