• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0.0][raphael] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

birdr

Aug 29, 2012
i did it a bit differently:

1. Copy firmware (i've used the Global version and not the EU version in this thread. (not linked in this thread though), LOS and Gapps (28-9) to internal storage.
  2. Flash TWRP (i used the one from Mauronofrio)
  3. Reboot into recovery
  4. Flash Firmware, LOS and Gapps using the zip queue function.
  5. Then wipe dalviks cache.
  6. Then format data (type yes)
  7. Then reboot

No boot loops issues or what so ever.
The only issue that costs me some troubleshooting was the unknown caller ID issue (only applies to custom roms and not the stock Miui ROM) which is also solved.
Further totally no issues and except NFS everything is working flawlessly.

if someone needs the Global version just let me know and i'll send you the link.

Please would you link the global version, I'd like to try it

I use the EU firmware and 24/11 firmware on EU mi9T pro and have problems with:
A. Fingerprints (unusable - i guess works 1 time in 20 in 24/11 release. Was probably 5 in 10 on 19/11 release)
B. Gpay doesn't work (assume same problem with global)
C. Settings crashes periodically.
D. Some gcam installs cause camera to get stuck in out position. (Have had to reinstall miui to resolve). ANX can seems fine though.

Kevindiepenmaat

May 26, 2008
Borne
Please would you link the global version, I'd like to try it

I use the EU firmware and 24/11 firmware on EU mi9T pro and have problems with:
A. Fingerprints (unusable - i guess works 1 time in 20 in 24/11 release. Was probably 5 in 10 on 19/11 release)
B. Gpay doesn't work (assume same problem with global)
C. Settings crashes periodically.
D. Some gcam installs cause camera to get stuck in out position. (Have had to reinstall miui to resolve). ANX can seems fine though.

Hey Man i grabbed the firmware and vendor file from this page.

https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/
https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/vendor/

The version i used is from 21-11-2019, but all versions of the Mi 9T Pro can be found there.

Reactions: birdr

milkwhl

Dec 13, 2010
What do you mean, I don't get the question.

Thanks, Kevindiepenmaat.

Let me make it clear. Actually I was using LineageOS 16 at the beginning and found that some app could not be run under rooted OS.
I tried to format data and wipe cache and install the LineageOS 17 in the following order:
1. Firmware
2. LineageOS 17
3. GApps beta nano

The apps still could not be run due to rooted OS. Then I tried installing Magisk Manager, Magisk via TWRP. It doesn't help.

To simplified what i would like to have is an unrooted LineageOS 17 running in K20 Pro.
What should I do?

Thank you.

Kevindiepenmaat

May 26, 2008
Borne
Thanks, Kevindiepenmaat.

Let me make it clear. Actually I was using LineageOS 16 at the beginning and found that some app could not be run under rooted OS.
I tried to format data and wipe cache and install the LineageOS 17 in the following order:
1. Firmware
2. LineageOS 17
3. GApps beta nano

The apps still could not be run due to rooted OS. Then I tried installing Magisk Manager, Magisk via TWRP. It doesn't help.

To simplified what i would like to have is an unrooted LineageOS 17 running in K20 Pro.
What should I do?

Thank you.
Well what you can try, if you didn't already is in magisk use the magisk hide option. This way I was able to use the apps which does not work on a custom / rooted os. With this method I was able to use everything.

5i1v3rStorm

Jun 30, 2011
Perhaps this'll help (9t pro eu version as well, coming from MIUI 11)
- Boot to TWRP
- Format (type yes)
- Reboot to TWRP
- flash LOS
- reboot to TWRP
- flash gapps
- reboot to TWRP
- flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt
- Reboot to system

For whatever reason it seems that TWRP 3.3.1 loses its track after the first write, this was the only way to escape a bootloop at startup.

Would you be so kind as to point me to where I can find that Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt?

I have formatted my data partition with TWRP. It still asks for my PIN.

However, when I clean my cache partition it does NOT ask for a PIN but fortunately still is able to see my internal storage. I guess I'm not encrypted, but I'm not sure.

If I was encrypted and flashed the Disable ZIP, would it break my internal storage?

Sarki

Dec 13, 2010
Nice
Redmi K20 Pro
Would you be so kind as to point me to where I can find that Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt?

I have formatted my data partition with TWRP. It still asks for my PIN.

However, when I clean my cache partition it does NOT ask for a PIN but fortunately still is able to see my internal storage. I guess I'm not encrypted, but I'm not sure.

If I was encrypted and flashed the Disable ZIP, would it break my internal storage?

It's in another xda thread: Universal DM-Verity, ForceEncrypt, Disk Quota Disablers [10/20/2019] - https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/universal-dm-verity-forceencrypt-t3817389

Basically you download the zip file as is, but it will also disable selinux (?) I had to install selinux mode changer from f-droid to set it at startup.

BTW, always expect to lose your existing data, make a backup of anything you want to keep firsthand.

5i1v3rStorm

Jun 30, 2011
Thanks man!

EDIT: I've tried for hours to get unencrypted. That worked, even though I had to sacrifice my internal storage. I did the exact steps from Sarki. It is crucial to reboot to recovery every single flash-step.

However, I tried to restore my TWRP backup to the unencrypted data partition and that does not work. There are some errors in the log saying it didn't know which key to use or so.

I've tried to go back to an encrypted data partition, but that wouldn't work also. I had to fastboot flash stock again but then it wouldn't boot lineage... It was awesome! (Flashaholic-talk with not enough sleep)

Now I'm back to naked LOS, the 17 GB of my Nandroid backup are loading... fingers crossed.

EDIT2: Restore worked. Guys, it can be a pain in the neck when you lose your encryption key and can't access internal storage but don't try to get unencrypted - it's an even worse pain (my opinion).

I have a Ubuntu homeserver with rsync on it. I use the rsync binary for Android to sync my whole internal storage there, which is definitely better than forgetting to flash the disable_forceencrypt and have it all messed up again. Better safe than sorry -> happy flashing.

Last edited:

dr.terrible

Sep 5, 2011
Hi guys, I kinda made a step in the right direction with Google Pay on Los17 using this solution:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/magisk-google-pay-gms-17-1-22-pie-t3929950
https://github.com/stylemessiah/GPay-SQLite-Fix (same thing as Magisk module)

Here's what I've done:
0. Chinese K20 Pro, unlock bootloader officially, OTA to original MIUI 11
1. Flash Orange Fox recovery
2. Wipe caches, format data
2.5 Leave the original [chinese] vendor in place (i.e. I skipped the vendor flashing step)
3. Flash LOS, Gapps nano, Magisk
4. Install SQlite Magisk module from the [Magisk] repo
5. Install the SQlite fix module from stylemessiah's GH repo above (download link: https://github.com/stylemessiah/GPay-SQLite-Fix/releases/download/v1.9/GPay.SQLite.Fix.v1.9.zip)

After that I'm able to actually add a card to Pay (without the fix, it would say that my phone is not fit to be used at stores and refuse to set up NFC payments with the card).
But this is where it all ends, it's not sending the right signal when I actually try to use it.
I have another phone (Z3 Compact) with Pay working properly, and I'm able to read the GPay virtual card using a card reader app ("Credit Card Reader NFC (EMV)"), but with the GPay signal from K20Pro/LOS17 it says something along the lines of "Unknown card type" or something -- i.e. GPay kinda works but not really. Passed the safety checks but doesn't operate the NFC hardware properly or something.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed to get it working?
Also, do the vendor images in the OP differ from the original ones shipped from Xiaomi (tailored for LOS or something)? Is there a chance it'll work if I flash a chinese vendor provided by @abhishek987?

I'll be very grateful to anyone filling me in, haven't attended to the ROM scene for a couple of years :)

Last edited:

birdr

Aug 29, 2012

MathHugh

Dec 3, 2019
Hey guys.
I Love LOS.

Sorry have a Problem. I can't Change the battery symbol. IT stays in Mode for the battery symbol, i cant Change it to circle Symbol or Else.

Thx for help.

nathsagar96

Sep 2, 2016
Mumbai
OnePlus One
Redmi K20 Pro
Reactions: Kevindiepenmaat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Volte

Known issues:
    • you tell me

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash proper vendor and firmware
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

PS : Please Use proper vendor and firmware of your device of stable miui rom for eg: if you device is eea so use eea vendor and firmware if your device is indian variant use indian firmware and vendor and same is the case with chinese version please don't cross flash vendors and firmwares. To use this rom please Flash Android 10 firmware and vendor

Downloads :

Telegram Groups
    This project for now uses prebuilt kernel

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0.0][raphael] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Redmi K20 Pro

Contributors
    abhishek987
    Source Code: http://bigota.d.miui.com/V11.0.1.0.QFKINXM/miui_RAPHAELININGlobal_V11.0.1.0.QFKINXM_5e75bba584_10.0.zip

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-08-03

Created 2019-10-02
    Last Updated 2020-08-03
    okay guys time for update :p

Changelog
    • Selinux enforcing
    • Added fod icon in pin/pattern screen
    • Lineage upstream

As usual links are updated in op enjoy :)

I usually don't respond to trolls but as many of them were getting furious over official lineage i want to tell them its closer then ever since only major blocker for it is kernel and i am working on it :) and yes for peeps who were crying over sources should know that most stuff is open on gerrit and on github and those were asking about kernel sources should know this project uses prebuilt miui kernel for now and regarding errors and stuff i cant spoon feed each of you guys since this aint rom building thread.
    okay guys time for update :p

Changelog
    • March Security patch
    • Fixed a2dp issues
    • Improved Auto brightness
    • Fod improvements
    • Lineage upstream

As suaul links are updated in op njoy ;)
    Okay guys trees are up at https://github.com/raphael-development along with other repos that might be necessary for development enjoy ;)