/* WARNING:[/FONT][/CENTER][/FONT][/CENTER][/FONT][/CENTER][/FONT][/CENTER][/FONT][/CENTER] [FONT=Arial][CENTER][FONT=Arial][CENTER][FONT=Arial][CENTER][FONT=Arial][CENTER][FONT=Arial] [CENTER]* Your warranty is now void, not that you had one anyway. * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * A lot. Like more than last time a lot. */
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google applications installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available from the LineageOS GitHub organization. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit the Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes and features.
Known Issues (February 25th, 2021):
- Back camera video recording doesn't work in 4K, only 1080p and below
- SELinux status is currently permissive until we can finish writing updated sepolicy rules
- Some camera apps may deadlock while taking a picture with flash enabled
- Always On Display doesn't work
- Camera (including the Camera2 API in supported apps like OpenCamera, may need to be manually enabled)
- Capacitive Buttons
- In-Call Audio
- Notification LED
- S-Pen (including in landscape and reverse portrait as of 02/25/2021)
- Samsung Doze
- Video Playback
- Wi-Fi (both 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Wi-Fi Hotspot (both 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Wireless Charging
0. Make sure your device is bootloader unlocked and that you have the latest version of TWRP installed as your recovery.
- Download the latest version of LineageOS from the given releases page (which can be found below)
- Download the latest version of OpenGApps (ARM64/10.0/nano) or a synonymous microG package (optional)
- Download the latest version of Magisk (optional)
- Reboot into recovery mode (support for recovery issues will only be provided for TWRP)
- Make a backup of boot, system, EFS, and data (optional, only if you want to restore later in case something happens)
- Wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik-cache
- Flash LineageOS
- Flash OpenGApps/microG (optional)
- Reboot into LineageOS and set up your device
- Reboot back into recovery mode, flash Magisk, and then reboot back into LineageOS (optional, but recommended for additional functionality not available without Magisk such as root)
NOTE: Before downloading LineageOS, please check to make sure your device is a supported model and that you choose the right build for your device. If your model is not yet listed as supported, you may have to follow an additional set of steps in order to be able to flash the downloaded ZIP. Otherwise, you may receive an error about this ROM not being for your device. If you receive this error on the correct device variant, update TWRP!
Please, please, please do not submit bug reports for issues on unsupported models! For example, we know that you can use these instructions to install and run the N920T/W8 builds on N920P, however Sprint's RIL is NOT supported at this time and may not ever be supported in the future. This being said, should a build ever be made available supporting your model, please switch to it as soon as possible!
The additional steps, to be done after downloading the latest version of LineageOS:
- Open the downloaded ZIP file in your favorite archive software (such as 7-Zip, WinRAR, or good ol' File Explorer)
- Inside of the ZIP, navigate to /META-INF/com/google/android
- Drag the updater-script file to someplace you can access easily (such as your desktop)
- Open the extracted updater-script file with your favorite text editor (such as Notepad, Notepad++, Sublime Text 3, etc)
- On the very first line, you should see some text that looks like this:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "nobleltetmo" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "nobleltetmo" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: nobleltetmo; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););Code:
- Save the file
- Drag the edited file back into the same location inside of the ZIP, and overwrite the changes if it asks you to
- Use this edited ZIP to finish the installation/update instructions
If you like my work then please consider donating!
- SM-N920X: noblelte
- SM-N920T/SM-N920W8: nobleltetmo
- SM-N9208: nobleltezt
- SM-G928X: zenlte
- SM-G928T/SM-G928W8: zenltetmo
- SM-G920X: zerofltexx
- SM-G920T/SM-G920W8: zerofltecan
- SM-G925X: zeroltexx
- SM-G925T/SM-G925W8: zeroltecan
If your model is not listed as being supported above but the ROM works for your model, please tell me! I'll be happy to list support for it. And if your model is listed above but builds are not yet available, please do not use builds for other models or you will face issues switching to the builds for your model. For example, N920X and N9208 users should not attempt to install the N920T/W8 builds and should wait until I make these respective builds available.
Social Media (*):
- Discord: Exynos7420 AOSP Testing (where all the discussion of this ROM will be)
- Telegram: JoshuaDoesAOSP ROMs (a newsletter channel for my own Android projects)
LineageOS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5
JoshuaDoes, Lunarixus, ananjaser1211, Exhigh, ripee, xSil3nt
Source Code: https://github.com/universal7420
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock Nougat for your variant.
Based On: AOSP
Current Stable Version: 10
Stable Release Date: 2021-02-25
Last Updated 2021-03-01