JoshuaDoes

Feb 1, 2015
Chester, South Carolina
joshuadoes.com
2okPze5.png

Code:
/* WARNING:[/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=Arial][CENTER]
* Your warranty is now void, not that you had one anyway.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 

* A lot. Like more than last time a lot.

*/

Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google applications installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Source Code

All the source code for LineageOS is available from the LineageOS GitHub organization. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit the Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes and features.

Known Issues (as of February 25th, 2021):

• Back camera video recording doesn't work in 4K, only 1080p and below
  • SELinux status is currently permissive until we can finish writing updated sepolicy rules
  • Some camera apps may deadlock while taking a picture with flash enabled or trying to record video
  • Always On Display doesn't work

Working:

• Audio
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera (including the Camera2 API in supported apps like OpenCamera, may need to be manually enabled)
  • Capacitive Buttons
  • Data
  • Fingerprint
  • GPS
  • HWC
  • In-Call Audio
  • Microphone
  • Notification LED
  • Rotation
  • S-Pen (including in landscape and reverse portrait as of 02/25/2021)
  • Samsung Doze
  • Sensors
  • Torch
  • Video Playback
  • Wi-Fi (both 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
  • Wi-Fi Hotspot (both 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
  • Wireless Charging

Install Instructions:

0. Make sure your device is bootloader unlocked and that you have the latest version of TWRP installed as your recovery.

1. Download the latest version of LineageOS from the given releases page (which can be found below)
  2. Download the latest version of OpenGApps (ARM64/10.0/nano) or a synonymous microG package (optional)
  3. Download the latest version of Magisk (optional)
  4. Reboot into recovery mode (support for recovery issues will only be provided for TWRP)
  5. Make a backup of boot, system, EFS, and data (optional, only if you want to restore later in case something happens)
  6. Wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik-cache
  7. Flash LineageOS
  8. Flash OpenGApps/microG (optional)
  9. Reboot into LineageOS and set up your device
  10. Reboot back into recovery mode, flash Magisk, and then reboot back into LineageOS (optional, but recommended for additional functionality not available without Magisk such as root)

NOTE: Before downloading LineageOS, please check to make sure your device is a supported model and that you choose the right build for your device. If your model is not yet listed as supported, you may have to follow an additional set of steps in order to be able to flash the downloaded ZIP. Otherwise, you may receive an error about this ROM not being for your device. If you receive this error on the correct device variant, update TWRP!

Please, please, please do not submit bug reports for issues on unsupported models! For example, we know that you can use these instructions to install and run the N920T/W8 builds on N920P, however Sprint's RIL is NOT supported at this time and may not ever be supported in the future. This being said, should a build ever be made available supporting your model, please switch to it as soon as possible!

The additional steps, to be done after downloading the latest version of LineageOS:

• Open the downloaded ZIP file in your favorite archive software (such as 7-Zip, WinRAR, or good ol' File Explorer)
  • Inside of the ZIP, navigate to /META-INF/com/google/android
  • Drag the updater-script file to someplace you can access easily (such as your desktop)
  • Open the extracted updater-script file with your favorite text editor (such as Notepad, Notepad++, Sublime Text 3, etc)
  • On the very first line, you should see some text that looks like this:
    Code:
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "nobleltetmo" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "nobleltetmo" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: nobleltetmo; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););
    Remove this line and all subsequent lines such that the first line instead looks like this:
    Code:
    ui_print("Target: samsung/nobleltetmo/nobleltetmo:7.0/NRD90M/N920TUVS5ERE1:user/release-keys");
  • Save the file
  • Drag the edited file back into the same location inside of the ZIP, and overwrite the changes if it asks you to
  • Use this edited ZIP to finish the installation/update instructions

Donating

If you like my work then please consider donating!
PayPal: JoshuaDoes
Patreon: JoshuaDoes

Downloads:

If your model is not listed as being supported above but the ROM works for your model, please tell me! I'll be happy to list support for it. And if your model is listed above but builds are not yet available, please do not use builds for other models or you will face issues switching to the builds for your model. For example, N920X and N9208 users should not attempt to install the N920T/W8 builds and should wait until I make these respective builds available.

Social Media (*):

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Contributors
JoshuaDoes, Lunarixus, ananjaser1211, Exhigh, ripee, xSil3nt
Source Code: https://github.com/universal7420

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.61
ROM Firmware Required: Stock Nougat for your variant.
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 10
Stable Release Date: 2022-11-28

Created 2020-07-13
Last Updated 2022-11-29

Last edited:

Becktash

Feb 19, 2016
first I have a few questions I want to ask the developer
1 the camera in the previous version was constantly locking, it still continues
2 Connecting to apps like whatsapp too late is annoying tree seconds
3 AOSB applications very bad phone application voice recording feature does not work, there is no trash in the gallery, etc.
4 System applications cannot be deleted when installing magisk
If the developer is open to comment, I would like to ask the note 10 model uses android 10, wouldn't it be close to the original and port?

alvion401

Jul 29, 2020
Will this enable unrestricted hotspot/tether on my note 5? I have a unlimited hotspot plan restricted to 3G speeds, will this allow me to tether with native data speed (4G LTE)

Иван_

Apr 21, 2019
Absolutely amazing! I've experienced the smoothest and fastest rom on my s6e+ ever, it is way smoother even than the 7.0 stock. But what have you done and why does this 10.0 rom works significantly better than all other? What surprised me also is that it doesn't get hot, temperature is +- like the stock 7.0. Thank you so much, you made the best rom ever

Иван_

Apr 21, 2019
Well, everything is amazing exept laggy YouTube video playing (+ huge overheating) and absolutely no working gcam mods

Johannes89

Aug 12, 2020
Nice work

Yup Camera doesn't work and I missed new navbar I try to install it from magisk modules but it just messed everything and I need vibration intensity changer from Lineage Os.
I never use feedback from vibration again it just too much.
But nice work developers. I'm using it now, I don't know if other apps like Tiktok/Youtube will have problems
Using S6 zerofltexx
keep going.

AmonRa_

Mar 23, 2016
My device is nobleltezt but system detect me as noblelte. So i install noblelte version. How to enable dual sim on noblelte? Is it can be only edit build.prop?

Pedrog0

May 15, 2019
sure?

Absolutely amazing! I've experienced the smoothest and fastest rom on my s6e+ ever, it is way smoother even than the 7.0 stock. But what have you done and why does this 10.0 rom works significantly better than all other? What surprised me also is that it doesn't get hot, temperature is +- like the stock 7.0. Thank you so much, you made the best rom ever

Are you sure ?, because my camera dropped the quality level considerably, some apps do not work, like those of my cable listener movistar and directv, also those of the banks do not work = (

edgariuxx

Oct 17, 2015
Does anyone have an issue with calls? I can hear the caller perfect, but he almost can't hear me, when i enter speaker mode then he can hear me perfectly. Is there a fix for this or did i just missed something? I'm using Note 5 N920T

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /* WARNING:[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [FONT=Arial][CENTER]
    * Your warranty is now void, not that you had one anyway.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 

* A lot. Like more than last time a lot.

*/

Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google applications installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Source Code

All the source code for LineageOS is available from the LineageOS GitHub organization. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit the Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes and features.

Known Issues (as of February 25th, 2021):

• Back camera video recording doesn't work in 4K, only 1080p and below
    • SELinux status is currently permissive until we can finish writing updated sepolicy rules
    • Some camera apps may deadlock while taking a picture with flash enabled or trying to record video
    • Always On Display doesn't work

Working:

• Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera (including the Camera2 API in supported apps like OpenCamera, may need to be manually enabled)
    • Capacitive Buttons
    • Data
    • Fingerprint
    • GPS
    • HWC
    • In-Call Audio
    • Microphone
    • Notification LED
    • Rotation
    • S-Pen (including in landscape and reverse portrait as of 02/25/2021)
    • Samsung Doze
    • Sensors
    • Torch
    • Video Playback
    • Wi-Fi (both 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
    • Wi-Fi Hotspot (both 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
    • Wireless Charging

Install Instructions:

0. Make sure your device is bootloader unlocked and that you have the latest version of TWRP installed as your recovery.

1. Download the latest version of LineageOS from the given releases page (which can be found below)
    2. Download the latest version of OpenGApps (ARM64/10.0/nano) or a synonymous microG package (optional)
    3. Download the latest version of Magisk (optional)
    4. Reboot into recovery mode (support for recovery issues will only be provided for TWRP)
    5. Make a backup of boot, system, EFS, and data (optional, only if you want to restore later in case something happens)
    6. Wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik-cache
    7. Flash LineageOS
    8. Flash OpenGApps/microG (optional)
    9. Reboot into LineageOS and set up your device
    10. Reboot back into recovery mode, flash Magisk, and then reboot back into LineageOS (optional, but recommended for additional functionality not available without Magisk such as root)

NOTE: Before downloading LineageOS, please check to make sure your device is a supported model and that you choose the right build for your device. If your model is not yet listed as supported, you may have to follow an additional set of steps in order to be able to flash the downloaded ZIP. Otherwise, you may receive an error about this ROM not being for your device. If you receive this error on the correct device variant, update TWRP!

Please, please, please do not submit bug reports for issues on unsupported models! For example, we know that you can use these instructions to install and run the N920T/W8 builds on N920P, however Sprint's RIL is NOT supported at this time and may not ever be supported in the future. This being said, should a build ever be made available supporting your model, please switch to it as soon as possible!

The additional steps, to be done after downloading the latest version of LineageOS:

• Open the downloaded ZIP file in your favorite archive software (such as 7-Zip, WinRAR, or good ol' File Explorer)
    • Inside of the ZIP, navigate to /META-INF/com/google/android
    • Drag the updater-script file to someplace you can access easily (such as your desktop)
    • Open the extracted updater-script file with your favorite text editor (such as Notepad, Notepad++, Sublime Text 3, etc)
    • On the very first line, you should see some text that looks like this:
      Code:
      assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "nobleltetmo" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "nobleltetmo" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: nobleltetmo; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););
      Remove this line and all subsequent lines such that the first line instead looks like this:
      Code:
      ui_print("Target: samsung/nobleltetmo/nobleltetmo:7.0/NRD90M/N920TUVS5ERE1:user/release-keys");
    • Save the file
    • Drag the edited file back into the same location inside of the ZIP, and overwrite the changes if it asks you to
    • Use this edited ZIP to finish the installation/update instructions

Donating

If you like my work then please consider donating!
    PayPal: JoshuaDoes
    Patreon: JoshuaDoes

Downloads:

If your model is not listed as being supported above but the ROM works for your model, please tell me! I'll be happy to list support for it. And if your model is listed above but builds are not yet available, please do not use builds for other models or you will face issues switching to the builds for your model. For example, N920X and N9208 users should not attempt to install the N920T/W8 builds and should wait until I make these respective builds available.

Social Media (*):

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Contributors
    JoshuaDoes, Lunarixus, ananjaser1211, Exhigh, ripee, xSil3nt
    Source Code: https://github.com/universal7420

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.61
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Nougat for your variant.
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 10
    Stable Release Date: 2022-11-28

Created 2020-07-13
    Last Updated 2022-11-29
    Hasn't been updated since February, dead project?
    Updates for November are live!
    Can somebody send me a link for nobelte? The originals are removed.
    how do i download this rom i cant download. my phone sm-n920c
    can i install SM-N920L???
    The download links have been fixed, and now include the newest November 28th, 2022 builds of LineageOS 17.1!

I've also changed the descriptions of each device codename, so it's easier to determine which build you should be flashing. I believe N920L uses the international variant, but if I'm wrong try any of the 3 variants for the Note 5 and tell me which one works, if any.
    Before I begin, please, *please* join the Discord server so we can discuss and fix the remaining issues with this ROM! The latest release as of posting is from September 19th, 2020, so please make sure you're up to date before reporting further issues.

My massive response to all of the previously reported issues in this thread:
    - @Becktash: The camera locking should have been fixed by now, try again! The currently known camera issues are that taking a picture with flash enabled will deadlock, and recording with a resolution higher than 1080p will fail. I cannot fix issues with specific apps such as Whatsapp, where the app itself is delaying an activity, this is not under my control. The AOSP and LineageOS applications that ship with this ROM are also not under my control, because while this is an unofficial port of LineageOS, I am strictly keeping it LineageOS, I am not diverting to create my own ROM right now. Therefore I cannot do things like add call recording, replace the Phone app, or add a trash folder to the Gallery app. Also, Magisk itself doesn't give you the ability to delete system applications, you have to either manually remove them with a root-enabled file browser, install a system app removal tool from the Play Store, or use a Magisk module that provides a command you can use in the terminal to delete them. Also, just because another device in the same series runs Android 10 does not mean every device in the series is compatible with the same Android kernel and related software drivers for that device. So no, the Note 10 software cannot just simply be ported over to the Note 5 and vice versa.
    - @Plast0000: If LineageOS does not provide F2FS support by default, I will not provide F2FS support either in this unofficial port. Also, dual-SIM is finally working in our nobleltezt builds. Do *NOT* install the noblelte build on a dual-SIM N920CD model, only the nobleltezt build! If you are unable to flash the nobleltezt build because TWRP reports that your device is noblelte, then you improperly flashed the noblelte build of TWRP to your device instead of the correct nobleltezt build of TWRP for your device, so please switch over immediately.
    - @alvion401: Because LineageOS does not ship with a hotspot provisioning app that is compatible with any carrier, creating a hotspot will use your native data connection instead of telling your carrier that you have enabled a hotspot. You do not need any 3rd party apps to get around hotspot restrictions with LineageOS, because the hotspot restrictions do not exist to begin with.
    - @Иван_: The laggy YouTube playback and the overheating was fixed! Try with the latest build c:
    - @Detro_: I do not plan to add new functionality that does not already exist. If the Lineage team wants to add this feature to LineageOS 17.1 and does so, then it will be available in an update to my builds. Until then, there will be no screen wake on notification feature available in my unofficial builds.
    - @Star.H.CH: The camera works now! Please check the main post for the two remaining issues with the camera in our latest builds.
    - @Johannes89: The on-screen navigation bar is currently unavailable, but it will be fixed once time is available to focus on it. We also again will not be adding custom functionality that does not already exist. LineageOS 17.1 does not provide the option to change the intensity of the vibration motor, so therefore my builds do not provide this option either.
    - @leonard (g2): Make sure you're using the latest zenltetmo build! I've not heard reports of the SIM failing to work on this model before now, so if it continues to fail with the September 19th build, please join our Discord server so we can communicate on this issue and get what is required to fix it.
    - @AmonRa_: As I stated earlier in this massive post, please flash the nobleltezt build of TWRP before attempting to flash my nobleltezt builds! Otherwise TWRP will incorrectly believe that you are using a noblelte device, because you incorrectly flashed the noblelte build of TWRP.
    - @Pedrog0: Please do your research before flashing custom ROMs! Because my unofficial builds have SELinux set to permissive and are not otherwise official builds, many apps that do not wish to run on unofficial versions of Android will refuse to do so, especially banking apps and cable TV apps. If you haven't tried yet, flash Magisk and enable the MagiskHide feature (you can Google how to do this if you don't know how), add the apps that are refusing to run to your MagiskHide apps list, wipe the data for each of these apps, and then try again. If all else fails, you'll have to stick to official Samsung releases of Android for your device to maintain usage of these apps.
    - @edgariuxx: I actually very recently discovered this issue myself. It is now a known issue and should hopefully be resolved soon. I apologize for the inconvenience of having to enable speaker mode for now, but perhaps you can try a Bluetooth or AUX headset for listening to the calls until then?
    - @timons23: Would you mind joining the Discord server so we can discuss this further? No sound isn't a good thing and we want to fix it fast, but it doesn't seem like anyone else is having this issue right now.
    - @bknightx3: I need more information! What device are you using? What was the date of the build you were running? Bluetooth seems to work for everyone else o:
    So I guess this is the most recent Android version for S6 Edge with working HWC, great !
    Please keep up the good work! any future update with all recent security fixes is more than welcome