[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][heart] LineageOS 17.1 for Lenovo Z5 Pro GT

Search This thread

niuxue3

Jul 31, 2011
big thanks to highwaystar_ru!
This rom sa
ved my z5progt in a drawer for two years. Lenovo stock ROM is no longer officially maintained, giving up the semi-finished mobile phone that was rushed to the market.
After installing this ROM on my phone, it has been completely new. All functions are working normally. I can finally use it as my work phone.

metalspider6

Mar 17, 2021
installed yesterday and so far rom is working very well.battery usage seemed a little high so installed smartpack kernel manager and set cpu scheduler to conservative which seems to be helping.
too bad there's no new updates for this rom.

best custom rom ive tried so far.
last time i tried custom roms only android 9 worked somewhat ok and all had issues with nfc or camera etc.this one is much much better.

was using zui 11.5.247 and lived with the notification issues since nothing else ran as well.

Reactions: leodefarias

metalspider

Jun 24, 2015
after using this rom for a while was very sad its no longer updated,found highwaystar ru's github repos for the rom and spent a couple of days getting it to compile with up to date lineageOS 17.1 sources.

i apologize in advance if this is frowned upon but i thought maybe someone else would want to try my update too,so far it seems to be working ok,camera crashes first time i tried to open it though but then works fine.

seemed to work fine as a dirty update flash too.

im new at this and make no claims that this rom is guaranteed to work well.flash at your own risk.

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @rafman79 , I am the guy who is making those LineageOS 18.1 builds for heart. I do not own a heart, but I do own a zippo (Lenovo Z6 Pro) and I am the official maintainer of both TWRP and LineageOS for zippo. I saw there was a lack of maintainers for heart, so I decided to help since we have an sm8150-common tree made for the purpose of supporting zippo and heart.

Those builds are experimental since I can't test them myself (as mentioned, I don't own a heart), so there's still some work to still be done and progress is a little slow since all I can do is send out test builds and wait for someone to test them and report back and send me logcat.

Since I don't own a heart, that also means I can't maintain official builds for it, so my goal is to try and get it stable and working correctly and then someone who owns a heart will hopefully step up and maintain official builds for it...

Reactions: gontor and Psiaux

gontor

Dec 25, 2020
Heyyo @rafman79 , I am the guy who is making those LineageOS 18.1 builds for heart. I do not own a heart, but I do own a zippo (Lenovo Z6 Pro) and I am the official maintainer of both TWRP and LineageOS for zippo. I saw there was a lack of maintainers for heart, so I decided to help since we have an sm8150-common tree made for the purpose of supporting zippo and heart.

Those builds are experimental since I can't test them myself (as mentioned, I don't own a heart), so there's still some work to still be done and progress is a little slow since all I can do is send out test builds and wait for someone to test them and report back and send me logcat.

Since I don't own a heart, that also means I can't maintain official builds for it, so my goal is to try and get it stable and working correctly and then someone who owns a heart will hopefully step up and maintain official builds for it...
I tried to install your version "lineage-18.1-20210822-UNOFFICIAL-heart" but I failed. "lineage-18.1-20210822-UNOFFICIAL-heart-recovery.img" did not work... Unable to install rom through this recovery here. So I installed it with this "twrp-3.3.1-1-heart" but started a boot loop... I had ZUI version 11.5.223 (Android 10 ) before trying to install. On TWRP I cleared the Date and I installed open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210821 from TWRP before first boot. Sorry my english, i'm brazilian.

gontor

Dec 25, 2020
I'm currently using this one, but I'm having a problem with this rom, with the audio volume on video recordings, low volume... Specifically low mic audio on Snapchat and WhatsApp

Last edited:

gontor

Dec 25, 2020
Heyyo @gontor, which part of the recovery image does not work? Does it boot?

My builds are still a work in progress. The current build the problems are Fingerprint On Display (FOD), Bluetooth and front facing Camera
Recovery starts but I can't install anything, the install option doesn't open, it doesn't work here... I installed recovery.img with Minimal ADB and Fastboot. I don't know if I'm doing the right procedure... I'm a beginner and I just follow the tutorials here 😁

gontor

Dec 25, 2020
@gontor can you please provide logs after attempting to install something with it? Enable ADB and then do

Code:
adb pull /tmp/

and the tmp folder it pulls should have a recovery log in it
IMG-20210826-WA0001.jpgIMG-20210826-WA0000.jpgIMG-20210826-WA0002.jpgIMG-20210826-WA0003.jpg

Reactions: ThE_MarD

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Test14 build is up! I noticed camera bug was caused by an accidental blob kang in my camera stack that shouldn't be there which was overwriting the ZUI 12 zippo blobs for media and CDSP, but for fingerprint? I'll be keeping the 11.5.223 blobs since those were the proper fix for that.

for touchscreen gestures? It looks like I had some improper chown / chmod commands, so fixed those as I'm guessing that was the problem.

I'm also trying to adjust some bluetooth stuff too with blobs and manifest entries (like dropping QTI BT stack)

I also saw a bug in the recovery scripts to fix the symlink of partitions

Last edited:
Reactions: gontor and GeneVin

jlvlnzl

Dec 17, 2011
Test14 build is up! I noticed camera bug was caused by an accidental blob kang in my camera stack that shouldn't be there which was overwriting the ZUI 12 zippo blobs for media and CDSP, but for fingerprint? I'll be keeping the 11.5.223 blobs since those were the proper fix for that.

for touchscreen gestures? It looks like I had some improper chown / chmod commands, so fixed those as I'm guessing that was the problem.

I'm also trying to adjust some bluetooth stuff too with blobs and manifest entries (like dropping QTI BT stack)

I also saw a bug in the recovery scripts to fix the symlink of partitions

Thanks, downloading..

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Last edited:
Reactions: gontor

jlvlnzl

Dec 17, 2011
@jlvlnzl unfortunately, there are still errors reported in that build so I'm trying more changes

here we go! Test15 uploading is having issues so it might be a while... It has Bluetooth changes, no more snap camera app, and some selinux changes for touchscreen gestures

Thanks again! Downloading..

Reactions: ThE_MarD

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
The trees are here plus kernel

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo! The time has come! LineageOS 18.1 for heart with selinux enforcing and all major bugs including Bluetooth are fixed! (y) special thanks to Rob M for his work and testing and Dmitry Isakov for testing!

Please note! Device firmware 11.5.247 is required to run this. I have included a flasher for it here. Device firmware is separate from the ROM or data and it is safe to flash at anytime without risk of losing data.

The installation instructions are the same as zippo

Source code:

In closing... I recently lost the engine in my 2006 Dodge RAM 3500 with Cummins Turbo Diesel engine and if you enjoy my work on heart which I don't even own the device and worked on out of the kindness of my heart? Please send me a donation as any amount is appreciated

Thank you all! Hoping with the community's help that we can get heart on the LineageOS official devices list alongside zippo!

Reactions: rafman79 and Psiaux

Top Liked Posts