• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0] LineageOS 17.1 for UMIDIGI F1 and F1 PLAY

Search This thread

aindriu80

Aug 31, 2012
I'm having a different problem, I have tried 3 different versions of TWRP and although I get an install success message it doesn't boot up into TWRP afterwards - it goes to the phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ✔ took 13s at 15:30:55
Sending 'recovery' (17634 KB) OKAY [ 1.006s]
Writing 'recovery' OKAY [ 0.233s]
Finished. Total time: 1.249s

3 versions of TWRP I tried:-

What could be the problem?

I also tried from Windows (as opposed to Linux) but it was worse, I only got errors in fastboot mode, I tried installing the MediaTek drivers but didn't work.

Last edited:

Shadow Of Leaf

Jul 28, 2014
Casablanca
I'm having a different problem, I have tried 3 different versions of TWRP and although I get an install success message it doesn't boot up into TWRP afterwards - it goes to the phone.

3 versions of TWRP I tried:-

What could be the problem?

I also tried from Windows (as opposed to Linux) but it was worse, I only got errors in fastboot mode, I tried installing the MediaTek drivers but didn't work.
go to fastboot and try this command sudo fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
and fastboot reboot when rebooting click on volume up and power for long as the boot splash disappear
then you will see twrp logo

Reactions: aindriu80

aindriu80

Aug 31, 2012
go to fastboot and try this command sudo fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
and fastboot reboot when rebooting click on volume up and power for long as the boot splash disappear
then you will see twrp logo
Didn't work :S

Commands used:
1. adb devices
2. adb reboot bootloader
3. fastboot devices
3. sudo fastboot flash recovery TWRP-3.5.2-F1.img
4. sudo fastboot boot twrp.img
Also used -> sudo fastboot reboot

I tried rebooting a few times... When I try Power up & Power it just (10 seconds later) reboots the phone.
I get the Orange mode warning on the left but then it goes into Android.

If I press power down on boot it goes into recovery mode. It's like there is some error with TWRP but everything else is working.

Kangburra

Sep 7, 2007
Didn't work :S

Commands used:
1. adb devices
2. adb reboot bootloader
3. fastboot devices
3. sudo fastboot flash recovery TWRP-3.5.2-F1.img
4. sudo fastboot boot twrp.img
Also used -> sudo fastboot reboot

I tried rebooting a few times... When I try Power up & Power it just (10 seconds later) reboots the phone.
I get the Orange mode warning on the left but then it goes into Android.

If I press power down on boot it goes into recovery mode. It's like there is some error with TWRP but everything else is working.
Reflash the correct stock ROM, I had this problem and it was solved by a reflash and the install TWRP again

aindriu80

Aug 31, 2012
This is not going well, The phone Umidigi F1 seems to be hard bricked now and it won't start up, I flashed the ROM at the beginning of this tutorial and the phone is wont start :

Flash your phone with the latest stock rom version (20190903 download link )

Kangburra

Sep 7, 2007
This is not going well, The phone Umidigi F1 seems to be hard bricked now and it won't start up, I flashed the ROM at the beginning of this tutorial and the phone is wont start :

Flash your phone with the latest stock rom version (20190903 download link )
I don't have the play version, but I did this on the F1 and then it all worked perfectly. I can't help more as there are differences between the F1 and the Play version

aindriu80

Aug 31, 2012
That's ok....I have the F1 version, the above seems to be for the Play so a bit of a mistake but the instructions should be a bit clearer. I'm downloading the F1 now and going to try and flash it. hopefully, I can recover from it.

Kangburra

Sep 7, 2007
That's ok....I have the F1 version, the above seems to be for the Play so a bit of a mistake but the instructions should be a bit clearer. I'm downloading the F1 now and going to try and flash it. hopefully, I can recover from it.
This is the one I used, for the EU 2019090418_g38v71c2k_kw_f1_eea.rar

You can do Download only, if possible or Firmware Upgrade if not, DO NOT do format all.

Last edited:

aindriu80

Aug 31, 2012
I got it back from the dead, It was the wrong ROM I was using. I went to the Umidigi Forums and got the following ROM for Umidigi F1 (european edition) :

There were a few steps that made a difference -
In Smart Phone Flash Tool (SP 5.1916) it wouldn't work initially - I had to go into Format then select

Auto Format Flash + Format whole flash except bootloader

After completing a format I had to unplug the phone and then plug it back in again and then back to Download and flash the F1 ROM.

The only problem now is that the ROM I have has TEE and Google in red on the top right-hand side of the screen. I'm going to try to install TWRP and then the Lineage ROM.

**Edit

I got TWRP installed, I used TWRP-3.3.1-F1.img and the following commands:
adb devices
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot devices
fastboot recovery TWRP-3.3.1-F1.img
fastboot reboot recovery

Then hold down the Volume UP until UMIDIGI logo appeared. I think I didn't hold the volume up long enough.

Once I got into TWRP I could install lineage-17.1-20210821-UNOFFICIAL-F1.zip I rebooted the phoned and it went into Lineage, I then went back into TWRP and tried to install GAPPS Stock Android 10 but it was too big so I used the micro version open_gapps-arm64-10.0-micro-20210915.zip ,

I have some bugs though, like the fingerprint reader is nowhere to be seen and I got an error with the Android Setup Wizard, it wouldn't start - then it suggested I had an iPhone (which I don't) and now it won't complete.

** I've spent a day using LineageOS 17.1 and it's a very nice improvement over Android 9, I can understand that Google Pay doesn't work because it's an Unofficial ROM but how come the fingerprint reader doesn't work? I don't see any mentions on this thread about it.

** I notice pop up advertisements that I didn't have before, I can't tell if it's an app I installed or Lineage. Also, the FM radio doesn't work even with headphone plugged in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kangburra

Jimidoli

Sep 19, 2021
I got it back from the dead, It was the wrong ROM I was using. I went to the Umidigi Forums and got the following ROM for Umidigi F1 (european edition) :

There were a few steps that made a difference -
In Smart Phone Flash Tool (SP 5.1916) it wouldn't work initially - I had to go into Format then select

Auto Format Flash + Format whole flash except bootloader

After completing a format I had to unplug the phone and then plug it back in again and then back to Download and flash the F1 ROM.

The only problem now is that the ROM I have has TEE and Google in red on the top right-hand side of the screen. I'm going to try to install TWRP and then the Lineage ROM.

**Edit

I got TWRP installed, I used TWRP-3.3.1-F1.img and the following commands:
adb devices
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot devices
fastboot recovery TWRP-3.3.1-F1.img
fastboot reboot recovery

Then hold down the Volume UP until UMIDIGI logo appeared. I think I didn't hold the volume up long enough.

Once I got into TWRP I could install lineage-17.1-20210821-UNOFFICIAL-F1.zip I rebooted the phoned and it went into Lineage, I then went back into TWRP and tried to install GAPPS Stock Android 10 but it was too big so I used the micro version open_gapps-arm64-10.0-micro-20210915.zip ,

I have some bugs though, like the fingerprint reader is nowhere to be seen and I got an error with the Android Setup Wizard, it wouldn't start - then it suggested I had an iPhone (which I don't) and now it won't complete.

** I've spent a day using LineageOS 17.1 and it's a very nice improvement over Android 9, I can understand that Google Pay doesn't work because it's an Unofficial ROM but how come the fingerprint reader doesn't work? I don't see any mentions on this thread about it.
after i installed the same stock rom in the link i have the same problems with the tee and google watermark.
to fix the imei with sn writer gave me no solution. also rooted apps like "freezer" was no a solution.
i tried many houers to delete the watermark but i had no succes.
this is a very bad problem with the tee google watermark.
only on a *unofficiel custom rom the watermarks disappers but on a *factory stock custom rom the watermarks appears back.

aindriu80

Aug 31, 2012
after i installed the same stock rom in the link i have the same problems with the tee and google watermark.
to fix the imei with sn writer gave me no solution. also rooted apps like "freezer" was no a solution.
i tried many houers to delete the watermark but i had no succes.
this is a very bad problem with the tee google watermark.
only on a *unofficiel custom rom the watermarks disappers but on a *factory stock custom rom the watermarks appears back.
I went from that 'Tee Google' watermark to the Lineage ROM and didn't try to remove the watermarks but I think the watermarks are there to make you upgrade the stock ROM. I don't have the link in front of me but there is a video on the Umidigi forums showing how to upgrade over the air (OTA?), you have to disable the existing OTA and install another version, that might get rid of the 'Tee Google' watermark.

Jimidoli

Sep 19, 2021
I went from that 'Tee Google' watermark to the Lineage ROM and didn't try to remove the watermarks but I think the watermarks are there to make you upgrade the stock ROM. I don't have the link in front of me but there is a video on the Umidigi forums showing how to upgrade over the air (OTA?), you have to disable the existing OTA and install another version, that might get rid of the 'Tee Google' watermark.
i have bought a *anycast streamer but on the unofficiel rom mirra and the bluetooth doesent work. on the unofficiel rom. 4g do not work too. so iam gone back to the factory stock rom but there was the *watermarks and the watermarks disturb me so much that iam gone back to the unofficiel rom. X)

EDIT: @Shadow Of Leaf : i tryed 1000 time your newest build but it didnt work.
i used twrp 3.5.2 f1 play (buggy ?)
other builds had bad problems too "it was not possible" to install most of the (diffrent) custom roms.

i tryed the twrp 3.3.1 f1 play and tadaaa! it works! and i could install your newest build 821 zip. :) 4g works! :)

i was 2 days really frustrated but now iam happy.

*i tell that, because other people have maybe the same problems.

and somthing else:
THANK YOU 1000 TIMES!!! for your hard work and efford :)

Edit:
i had a succes to stream out but it works not so well or iam to stupid to handle that.
i streamed 1 video with sound from my handy to my anycast stream dongle and so to my tv.
i used a rooted app called "allcast"

Last edited:

yudati

Aug 2, 2015
Hi
first of all thank you very much for your perfect job
Really enjoy it, I have also the problem with incoming calls and I can't solve it with your solution to copy the libmtk-ril.so file, any idea how can I solve it ?
Or maybe the new version will come soon ?

And btw I installed the Rom from old link
The new link isn't updated
I'm getting error with the new F1 play link that is not compatible with F1 play
I tried the 2 links and non of them works

Last edited:

Jimidoli

Sep 19, 2021
Hi
first of all thank you very much for your perfect job
Really enjoy it, I have also the problem with incoming calls and I can't solve it with your solution to copy the libmtk-ril.so file, any idea how can I solve it ?
Or maybe the new version will come soon ?

And btw I installed the Rom from old link
The new link isn't updated
I'm getting error with the new F1 play link that is not compatible with F1 play
I tried the 2 links and non of them works
ihad problems to install the newest rom too. i solved it and used an other twrp. instead twrp 3.5.2 (f1 play) i used the version twrp 3.3.1 f1 play. with the older twrp 3.3.1 i was able to install the newest rom. with twrp 3.5.2 i had errors to install the rom too. so try twrp 3.3.1 f1 play for the newest rom.

Reactions: yudati

yudati

Aug 2, 2015
ihad problems to install the newest rom too. i solved it and used an other twrp. instead twrp 3.5.2 (f1 play) i used the version twrp 3.3.1 f1 play. with the older twrp 3.3.1 i was able to install the newest rom. with twrp 3.5.2 i had errors to install the rom too. so try twrp 3.3.1 f1 play for the newest rom.
Working great 👍
Love you man
Thank you so much 💗🥰

Reactions: Jimidoli

yudati

Aug 2, 2015
Hi
i have some wired problem
I can shoot photos only but not video
No matter what camera app I'm using o just can't take any videos
On open camera it doesn't open the video to record
On the original app it's showing like it's recording but when I'm opening the gallery I see that the video file is damage and can't be play... Any help please?
I have the latest version
Using f1 play

Last edited:

Kangburra

Sep 7, 2007
Hi
i have some wired problem
I can shoot photos only but not video
No matter what camera app I'm using o just can't take any videos
On open camera it doesn't open the video to record
On the original app it's showing like it's recording but when I'm opening the gallery I see that the video file is damage and can't be play... Any help please?
I have the latest version
Using f1 play
I don't have the play version but I would check the file type and resolution. Also make sure you are recording to internal memory and not an SD card.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi. I downloaded and tried to install this ROM (what is in the first forum entry by the author) on my UMIDIGI F1 Play : https://www.mediafire.com/file/5e87kyoyho6eo8n/lineage-17.1-20210821-UNOFFICIAL-F1_EEA.zip/file - but there was just an error code:
    " E3004: This package is for device: F1; this device is: F1_Play ".
    So from twrp (3.5.2_10-0) therefore i can not install it. Can you help me?

View attachment 5436673
    That's what happened to me as well ....you need to install it with different version of twrp
    3.3.1 and than it'll work
    Hi. I downloaded and tried to install this ROM (what is in the first forum entry by the author) on my UMIDIGI F1 Play : https://www.mediafire.com/file/5e87kyoyho6eo8n/lineage-17.1-20210821-UNOFFICIAL-F1_EEA.zip/file - but there was just an error code:
    " E3004: This package is for device: F1; this device is: F1_Play ".
    So from twrp (3.5.2_10-0) therefore i can not install it. Can you help me?

View attachment 5436673

use TWRP 3.3.1 it will work
    TWRP 3.3.1 download link : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...icial-twrp-3-3-1-for-umidigi-f1-play.4007315/
    Lineage_OS_Logo.jpg

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Not Working
    • VoLTE (and will not be fixed due to MTK's proprietary extensions)
    • Selinux is permissive
    • FM Radio is Working But No Sound
    • Sudden Shutdown

Instructions :
    • Flash your phone with the latest stock rom version (20190903 download link )
    • Boot your F1 Play to the official OS.
    • Go to `Settings > About phone`, tap `build number` several times to enable developer settings.
    • Go to `Settings > System > Developer Settings`, enable `OEM unlocking` and `ADB debugging`.
    • Connect your phone to your PC and open a terminal or a command line window.
    • Run `adb reboot bootloader` on your PC (there is no way to enter bootloader directly, only possible through adb).
    • Run `fastboot flashing unlock` and comfirm unlock on device (THIS WILL WIPE ALL DATA!).
    • Run `fastboot reboot` to reboot your device and now you should see an unlocked warning during boot screen with orange state.
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Power off
    • Press on Power+Volume up button to boot up to Fastboot
    • Execute "fastboot flash recovery TWRP 3.3.1-0 Umidigi F1 Play.img"
    • Wait to Finish And Execute "fastboot reboot recovery"
    • Wipe Data,System,Cache
    • Flash the latest build
    • Flash gapps(optional)
    • Flash Magisk(optional)
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    F1 : https://www.mediafire.com/file/7nar8rms5twoist/lineage-17.1-20210821-UNOFFICIAL-F1.zip/file
    F1 Play : https://www.mediafire.com/file/5e87kyoyho6eo8n/lineage-17.1-20210821-UNOFFICIAL-F1_EEA.zip/file
    Gapps : https://opengapps.org/
    TWRP 3.5.2 Recovery for F1 Play: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...wrp-3-5-2-for-umidigi-f1-and-f1-play.4287017/
    TWRP 3.5.2 Recovery for F1 : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...wrp-3-5-2-for-umidigi-f1-and-f1-play.4287017/
    TWRP 3.3.1 Recovery for F1 Play : https://www.mediafire.com/file/okky2dmgd5zupql/TWRP-3.3.1-F1_Play.img/file
    TWRP 3.3.1 Recovery for F1 : https://www.mediafire.com/file/ei83p1lwjupavdd/TWRP-3.3.1-F1.img/file
    LineageOS Recovery F1 Play : https://www.mediafire.com/file/6vpoghb3lqjt1dg/Lineage-recovery_F1_Play.img/file
    LineageOS Recovery F1 : https://www.mediafire.com/file/2heu9amxid6azj7/LineageOS+Recovery+F1.img/file
    Magisk : https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/v21.4/Magisk-v21.4.zip

Reporting Bugs

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Changelog:
    - 07-02-2021 : Initial build

- 20-03-2021 :
    *Fix display Lags
    *Added Material Files and GoCamera
    *Fix GoCamera Video Recording bug
    *Added F1 Build
    *Fix 'dev/fm' Permission Error
    *Fix Incoming Call Bug

- 24-04-2021 :
    *Fix Incoming call bug (now really fixed)
    *Add LiveDisplay (but it not working cause of kernel)
    *Back to LineageOS Charge Animation
    *Fix Some Carriers does not Work
    *Fix "Stuck at SIM Card Pin"
    *Fix Random Reboot and recovery loop (I Think because of TWRP if you have this issue flash LineageOS Recovery)
    *Add Face Unlock
    *Add DT2W (double tap to wake)
    *Fix Write Access to System partition (you need to flash LineageOS Recovery)

- 3-06-2021 :
    Build TWRP 3.5.2 For both devices from scratch

- 17-07-2021 :
    * Fix in call bug in F1 and F1 play (my mistake)
    * Update some system Apps
    * For NOW use TWRP 3.3.1 Cause it Works well with Data Encryption

- 28-07-2021 :
    * Fix Recovery Loop on TWRP 3.3.1 on F1 and F1 Play (flash the newest recovery to fix recovery loop)
    * For NOW use TWRP 3.3.1 Cause it Work well with Data Encryption

- 06-08-2021 :
    - Fix FM Radio (finally)
    - Add Chromuim instead of jelly
    - Fix Video Encoding on Chromuim Based Browsers
    - Disable LiveDisplay (not entirely there is in settings)
    - Revert back to Snap ( LineageOS Camera) instead of Google Camera Go (to fix video recording issue)

- 10-08-2021 :
    - Revert Back to Jelly Browser (Chromuim has some issues)
    - Fix Sound Distortion via Besloudness Settings APP (you can still enable/disable Besloudness audio Feature)
    - Use LineageOS NFC Stacks instead of Prebuilted One from Vendor (fix Random shutdown)

- 19-08-2021 :
    - add support AOD (Always on Display)
    - Remove LiveDisplay(now is removed from settings)
    - add support Night Light and fix the flicker when enabled
    - Add MiraVision(not working for now)
    - Improve System Stability and performance
    - Enable insecure ADB for debugging

21-8-2021 :
    - Fix Besloudness Settings not found
    - Fix low brightness is still not low
    - Drop MiraVision Support(need a lot of mediatek properties that are closed source code)

For Donations:

Feel free to donate to support this project.

Credits:
    1. UMIDIGI
    2. PeterCxy [for his device tree for f1]
    3. a-dead-trousers[For some code from his device tree]
    XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 for UMIDIGI F1 and F1 Play, ROM for Miscellaneous Android Development

Contributors

Shadow Of Leaf
    Source Code: https://github.com/Shadowofleaf/android_device_umidgi_f1_play

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2021-02-07
    Last Updated 2021-03-24
    I'd love to put Lineage on an unused Umidigi F1 that I have, but I'm struggling.

ADB works fine while the phone's turned on, I've added all the drivers I've seen suggested, and it shows up as "F1" in device manager. But when I put it into fastboot mode, the computer (Windows 10) can no longer connect to it. Nothing shows up when I type "fastboot devices".

I've tried the SP Flash approach too, but TWRP never seems to be loaded onto the phone. I reset back to the stock firmware, turned on OEM unlocking and USB debugging, then switched the phone off. Used the scatter file from the stock firmware, added the TWRP file for recovery (v 3.5.2), hit download and plugged the phone in.

SP Flash looks like it downloads the recovery just fine. It goes through the motions and gives me the big green tick. But afterwards, no TWRP. I'm holding volume up as it powers on, but it just goes to Android recovery, and no sign of TWRP. The first time I reboot after trying to flash TWRP I get a message saying "Red Status - Your device has failed verification and may not work properly. Please download recovery image with correct signature or disable verified boot."

If anyone has any advice, that'd be awesome! Thanks!

Edit: Oh, and now I'm also seeing "TEE" and "Google" along with some Chinese characters in the top right corner of the screen permanently now, so I obviously got something pretty wrong here! Any way to get rid of that? Would getting Lineage on there remove it?
    This ROM is above great, it transformed my F1 Play into a proper smartphone.
    It has some basic problem in being unable to make/receive calls in SIM1. Solved putting the simcard into SIM2 tray, but still unable to receive calls.
    Camera I updated it with the attached one that works like a charm.
    Arguably now I have a BETTER camera than with the original ROM.
    1M Thanks to the dev for the hard work, and praying he has some spare time to iron out the remaining telephony service bug.

MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1b_snap.apk

PS: I managed to notice that the problem apparently was due to my new provider's signal at home, as today at work I received calls normally. Hurra!
    thanks for test this rom out

if all features in this camera work i will make it the default camera in lineageos

thanks again
    I noticed some problem with the config for the selfie camera, it takes videos but taking pics it does not work, takes two shots and can't get stored correctly, while portrait mode just killed the app. The back camera otherwise works everything like a charm even in night mode! I didn't noticed all this until now as I'm not a selfie lover anyway...
    ok thanks i will update the google camera go to newest version
    test this new releases and report back for bugs