• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][Maple] Pixel Experience Plus edition [AOSP] [Final]

rcmiku

May 16, 2018

PixelExperience UNoffical for Xperia XZ Premium [maple]

Stop update

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
NFC
Lights
Sound / vibration

Known issues
IMS does not work.
Forceencrypt is disable

Download

GoogleDrive

twrp-3.3.1-0-maple

Changelog
fix google map
disable IMS
Support double tap to wake from @sjll
SELinux enforcing

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Installation instructions
Flash latest Pie firmware with Newflasher.
Flash latest TWRP.
Boot the firmware fully once.
Reboot in recovery wipe internal storage and format data
Flash the ROM (Magisk Optional ) Reboot

Special thanks to @derf elot and @modpunk for most of the for work on the yoshino platform.
Special thanks to @Myself5 for work on the maple

Translation

Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

Attachments

Last edited:

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2013
Hervey Bay
Really solid mate! Love that the stock camera is included. Everything seems to work, except maps causes screen to screw up and you need to reboot with the button combo to get out of it. (Using an old version for now is a good workaround) But thats on every xzp rom using these trees, not just yours ;).
Anyway, thanks for sharing, greatly appreciated.

Diego0007

May 11, 2018
Rome
www.youtube.com
I really want to try this ROM but there is a problem: currently on my Sony Xperia XZ Premium I have the eXistenZ Pie ROM v10.0.0 47.2.A.10.107 and I don't know if the procedure for flashing this ROM works if I currently have the eXistenZ Pie installed, in my case the procedure is the same or do i have to change something?
(Sorry for the bad english, I'm italian)

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2013
Hervey Bay
I really want to try this ROM but there is a problem: currently on my Sony Xperia XZ Premium I have the eXistenZ Pie ROM v10.0.0 47.2.A.10.107 and I don't know if the procedure for flashing this ROM works if I currently have the eXistenZ Pie installed, in my case the procedure is the same or do i have to change something?
(Sorry for the bad english, I'm italian)
All the steps apply to you. Doesnt matter about what rom you are on, because you are going to flash stock firmware first.

Last edited:

rcmiku

May 16, 2018
Really solid mate! Love that the stock camera is included. Everything seems to work, except maps causes screen to screw up and you need to reboot with the button combo to get out of it. (Using an old version for now is a good workaround) But thats on every xzp rom using these trees, not just yours ;).
Anyway, thanks for sharing, greatly appreciated.
Try this kernel,I use the latest google map and it works https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jmc3pjO2rsleapeEQuwsAwpekDkVLQ6d

Attachments

digiscales

Oct 16, 2013
Hi same problem no sim on g8141 is this rom dual sim? EDIT now working takes few minutes to get signal and fixed kernel not working with g8141 please could you release a single SIM kernel fix maybe with dt2w if possible great ROM

Last edited:

CRNO

Jul 15, 2014
The experience was smooth and the feeling was like a pixel in my hands :D.. thank u mate :fingers-crossed: :good:
Until now i had a problem with color profile "Vivid" After a period of use the screen colors mixing occurs ..

Reactions: Diego0007

Diego0007

May 11, 2018
Rome
www.youtube.com
I installed this ROM on my XZ Premium and I had a great time: the animations are really good and the pixel experience makes itself felt in the user experience and in the design, however I found some bugs:
1.when I open google maps the screen goes crazy and I have to turn off the phone to fix the problem.
2.The screen recorder function is not yet optimized.
3.when I install Pixel Ambient Services the application crashes and I cannot access the Now Playing and the Ambient Display function (is it a bug of the Pixel Experience or is it not compatible?)

Indashio

Oct 24, 2014
Camera Sony fully working ? With slowmotion ? And what with sound quality ? Sony headphones with Noise Cancelling make sense ? I bet on good sound quality on Xperia when i buy Sony smartphones and headphones How does it look like ?

Last edited:

Diego0007

May 11, 2018
Rome
www.youtube.com
Camera Sony fully working ? With slowmotion ? And what with sound quality ? Sony headphones with Noise Cancelling make sense ? I bet on good sound quality on Xperia when i buy Sony smartphones and headphones How does it look like ?
yes, Camera Sony in this ROM is fully working even in 960fps slowmotion.
Sound quality is very good with stereo speakers and 2 microphones.
I haven't had a chance to test the phone with noise canceling headphones but i think the phone does very well by supporting aptxHD for headphones.

rcmiku

May 16, 2018
I installed this ROM on my XZ Premium and I had a great time: the animations are really good and the pixel experience makes itself felt in the user experience and in the design, however I found some bugs:
1.when I open google maps the screen goes crazy and I have to turn off the phone to fix the problem.
2.The screen recorder function is not yet optimized.
3.when I install Pixel Ambient Services the application crashes and I cannot access the Now Playing and the Ambient Display function (is it a bug of the Pixel Experience or is it not compatible?)
Google Maps has been fixed in the new version

Reactions: Jujub and Shujath