[CLOSED]EOL [ROM][Unofficial][10.0][microG][signed]hardened LineageOS 17.1 Oneplus 7T Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Apr 13, 2021
Hi @MSe1969
I downloaded your rom and it's really impressive work!
May I ask you one question/favour?
Since I would like to experiment with some modifications (I dont' want to root the rom but I would like to try to add some root requiring apps, therefore I would like to try to include it in the rom) and in the end I would like to resign the bootloader, could you give me hints on how to create the modified lineageos recovery you are linking in first post?
I assume since I will sign with my own keys I will need to build and sign the rrecovery too.
Thank you
(y)

Hi @MSe1969
I downloaded your rom and it's really impressive work!
May I ask you one question/favour?
Since I would like to experiment with some modifications (I dont' want to root the rom but I would like to try to add some root requiring apps, therefore I would like to try to include it in the rom) and in the end I would like to resign the bootloader, could you give me hints on how to create the modified lineageos recovery you are linking in first post?
I assume since I will sign with my own keys I will need to build and sign the rrecovery too.
Thank you
(y)
Your assumption is correct - the recovery needs to be signed with the same keys as the ROM.
In addition, and that in fact is all, which I did, it should be built along an "unmodified" LineageOS tree.
As you may know, the recovery.img is anyhow built along the ROM and also included into the 'payload.bin' file - but at least one of the hardening measures, which I apply to the ROM, makes the recovery faulty.

Btw, what do you mean with "resign the bootloader"? You mean maybe "re-lock" the BL?

Apr 13, 2021
Your assumption is correct - the recovery needs to be signed with the same keys as the ROM.
In addition, and that in fact is all, which I did, it should be built along an "unmodified" LineageOS tree.
As you may know, the recovery.img is anyhow built along the ROM and also included into the 'payload.bin' file - but at least one of the hardening measures, which I apply to the ROM, makes the recovery faulty.

Btw, what do you mean with "resign the bootloader"? You mean maybe "re-lock" the BL?
yes! relock...
so, using your repository, if I select
./switch_microG.sh default
I shall have to
brunch hotdog
mm -j && m ramdisk-nodeps && m recoveryimage-nodeps
and then sign it?
sorry if I ask dumb queestions but I am learning////

yes! relock...
so, using your repository, if I select
I shall have to
brunch hotdog
mm -j && m ramdisk-nodeps && m recoveryimage-nodeps
and then sign it?
sorry if I ask dumb queestions but I am learning////
When you do 'brunch' you will find the recovery.img in your target/product/hotdog directory, next to the assembled ROM zip. The recovery file in that case will be signed with the publicly known test keys. If you build the ROM as well only with the test keys (the result of 'brunch'), this will fit together.

If you sign the ROM during the build, as I have described it in my little tutorial (using the build script and a directory containing the certs and keys), the recovery.img will already be properly signed.

To be honest, I am not sure how to sign "only" the recovery.img, after building it with e.g. 'mka recoveryimage', so I have built the entire ROM to throw it away, just to get the recovery image. :)

Apr 13, 2021
When you do 'brunch' you will find the recovery.img in your target/product/hotdog directory, next to the assembled ROM zip. The recovery file in that case will be signed with the publicly known test keys. If you build the ROM as well only with the test keys (the result of 'brunch'), this will fit together.

If you sign the ROM during the build, as I have described it in my little tutorial (using the build script and a directory containing the certs and keys), the recovery.img will already be properly signed.

To be honest, I am not sure how to sign "only" the recovery.img, after building it with e.g. 'mka recoveryimage', so I have built the entire ROM to throw it away, just to get the recovery image. :)
So if I just do a
and ./build_hotdog.sh sign
I will have the recovery correctly signed do to the first rom "switcharoo".
thanks.

Apr 13, 2021
Thank you again for the hint,
already have it.
Since it's an unofficial lineage build are you, perchance,
planning to have an option to have p*tch*d st*re instead of Fakestore?

Thank you again for the hint,
already have it.
Since it's an unofficial lineage build are you, perchance,
planning to have an option to have p*tch*d st*re instead of Fakestore?
Short answer: No.
Longer answer: To get apks from the G* Play store, AuroraStore is bundled. Fakestore is only a stub, to "satisfy" apps having Google dependencies, which check for the "existence" of the Play store without actually using it.

Apr 13, 2021
I understand your point.
Still I have some apps I bought thru in app purchases no way to have it working any other way.
Still I don't want to have a rooted phone anymore.
Anyways very solid work! Thank you again!

Apr 13, 2021
HI, sorry to bother you again but it seems I cannot produce a user (signed) build.
at some points the system spits a long error queue but I noticed a
Enter password for user-keys/platform.pk8 (password will not be hidden): java.lang.NullPointerException
but the script never asks me for a password.
maybe it's a dumb question how should I pass the password to the script or, otherwise, can I do a user build without signing it and the sign it later?
thank you

HI, sorry to bother you again but it seems I cannot produce a user (signed) build.
at some points the system spits a long error queue but I noticed a
Enter password for user-keys/platform.pk8 (password will not be hidden): java.lang.NullPointerException
but the script never asks me for a password.
maybe it's a dumb question how should I pass the password to the script or, otherwise, can I do a user build without signing it and the sign it later?
thank you
I assume, that you have created the keys with a password - for use in builds they should not have a password
Alternatively, yes - you can also create a build signed with the publicly known test keys and then do the signing separately, see e.g. here: https://source.android.com/devices/tech/ota/sign_builds?hl=en
I prefer signing along with building, because - in earlier builds - the signing as separate step sometimes has failed for unknown reasons.

Apr 13, 2021
I assume, that you have created the keys with a password - for use in builds they should not have a password
Alternatively, yes - you can also create a build signed with the publicly known test keys and then do the signing separately, see e.g. here: https://source.android.com/devices/tech/ota/sign_builds?hl=en
I prefer signing along with building, because - in earlier builds - the signing as separate step sometimes has failed for unknown reasons.
thank you, you are of great help in my amateur experiments!
yes, for a reason I thought it was better to password protect the signature, instead it's expected I keep my private key in my well protected caveau!
BTW I am trying to integrate oandbackupx into the build so that I can restore/backup my apps and data without having to have a rooted phone, do you think it will work?

Last edited:
BTW I am trying to integrate oandbackupx into the build so that I can restore/backup my apps and data without having to have a rooted phone, do you think it will work?
LineageOS integrates already a backup solution: Seedvault. Have you tried?
Of course, you can also include a different solution. Whether it works, depends on the requirements/documentation of that app and how it integrates.

Apr 13, 2021
thank you again, without password on the keys I concluded successfully the signed build.
I like oandbackup since it allows to have a granular control on the apps I backup/restore.
MOreover I want to experiment a bit with privileged apps without root.

Now I am building the signed recovery.
I canceled, after having moved to a safe place ota and plain build zips and issued
$

I received this message and input request.
Patching ~/hardenedlineage17.1/vendor/lineage (build signing method)
patching file config/common.mk
Hunk #1 succeeded at 54 with fuzz 2 (offset 53 lines).
Hunk #2 FAILED at 218.
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file config/common.mk.rej
Hunk #1 succeeded at 61 with fuzz 1 (offset 52 lines).
The next patch would create the file overlay/changelog/amami/packages/apps/Updater/res/values/strings.xml,
which already exists! Assume -R? [n] y
patching file overlay/changelog/amami/packages/apps/Updater/res/values/strings.xml

Should have I zeroed some other folder or it's fine jusst telling the script to overwrite?

thank you again, without password on the keys I concluded successfully the signed build.
I like oandbackup since it allows to have a granular control on the apps I backup/restore.

I canceled, after having moved to a safe place ota and plain build zips and issued
$

Hunk #2 FAILED at 218.
The next patch would create the file overlay/changelog/amami/packages/apps/Updater/res/values/strings.xml,
patching file overlay/changelog/amami/packages/apps/Updater/res/values/strings.xml

Should have I zeroed some other folder or it's fine jusst telling the script to overwrite?

$

Hunk #2 FAILED at 218.

Normally, this should not happen!
The script assumes, that the z_patches directory and all directories, it attempts to patch, are checked out for the 'same' branch (I.e. all on 'lineage-17.1', all on 'lin-17.1-microG' or, in case of 'hmalloc', those repos which have a 'lin-17.1-hmalloc' branch being there, otherwise on 'lin-17.1-microG').
If that is not the case, you will get such errors.
There can be two reasons:
Either, you altered something manually, so the branch could not be checked out, or you manually checked out a different branch in z_patches.
Check the code of the switch script and you'll understand.
To fix the situation, do the following:
Code:
cd z_patches
git checkout lineage-17.1
./patches_reverse.sh
git checkout lin-17.1-microG
./patches_reverse.sh
git checkout lin-17.1-hmalloc
./patches_reverse.sh
cd ..
./switch_microG.sh reference

Apr 13, 2021
Normally, this should not happen!
Either, you altered something manually
Yes I added some files in prebuilts/prebuiltsapk folder and
modified ~/android/hardenedlineage17.1/vendor/lineage/config/common.mk to make the system aware of it.
I had not thought it will mess things up.
Check the code of the switch script and you'll understand.
OK, I'll study.
To fix the situation,...
thank you I'll do it.

cowgaR

Oct 25, 2010
Londinium
To address elephant in the room... Are you working on Lineage OS 18.1 version please? Plain vanilla already available but misses all your goodies...as this is certainly best ROM for OP7T Pro

Also, what is the best way to flash Android 11 OOS when on your ROM (which I assume will be required first if you decide to upgrade), will TWRP 3.5.1 do the trick?

Or it's the more complicated fastboot way flashing each partition of extracted OOS the only solid way to return to OOS?

I am currently not working on 11. Frankly, I do not see any "killer" features, which would make me switch as soon as possible.
To me, besides some nitty-critty details (bubbles, prio chats, use location only once), the only effective difference would be to have the ultimate pleasure to see "Android 11" when picking "about phone" in the Settings app.

To return to Stock, use the search engine of your choice. There is plenty of information available. I haven't done so myself, so I won't point to any specific one.

TWRP isn't officially available for our device yet, and the unofficial builds all lack certain key features. So I am reluctant to comment on TWRP at all.

If you ask me, I'd go for fastboot to return to Stock - but as indicated before, I didn't do so myself, so the risk is on your side.

When it comes to shipping L18.1 for this build, whenever that is going to happen, you should be able to dirty-flash over my current build, I guess.

Reactions: pa.trick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is deprecated, please look at the 18.1 successor thread.

This thread is dedicated to provide hardened Lineage-OS 17.1 builds with microG included for the OnePlus 7T Pro (hotdog) with current security patches.

Features of this ROM
    Download here
    • Pre-installed microG and F-Droid like LineageOS for microG project (own fork)
    • Pre-installed AuroraStore
    • OTA Support
    • eSpeakTTS engine
    • Bromite as default browser
    • Additional security hardening features listed below:
    • Cloudflare as default DNS (instead of Google)
    • Privacy-preferred default settings
    • Optional blocking of Facebook- and Google-Tracking (Settings - Network & Internet)
    • Optional disable captive portal detection or choose from various providers (default is GrapheneOS and not Google; Settings - Network & Internet)
    • Firewall UI (under Trust)
    • Increased max. password length of 64
    • No submission of IMSI/phone number to Google when GPS is in use
    • Default hosts file with many blocked ad/tracking sites
    • Privacy-enhanced Bromite SystemWebView
    • Extra control of sensor access for additionally installed user apps (Special access under app permissions)
    • Kernel kept up to date with ASB patches of Google kernel/common 'android-4.14-q-release' branch
    • Debloated from Oneplus blobs for Soter and IFAA
    • Hardened bionic lib and constified JNI method tables

Current release levels
    Security string: 2021-10-01
    AOSP tag: 10.0.0_r41
    Bromite System Webview: M93

Source-code and build instructions
    Kernel: https://github.com/lin17-microg/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150/tree/lin-17.1-mse
    Build manifest: https://github.com/lin17-microg/local_manifests/tree/lin-17.1-hmalloc

Installation Instructions

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE SOLELY YOURSELF FOR ANY ACTIONS YOU DO WITH YOUR DEVICE !!!

Please note - I won't explain any single aspect (e.g. how to install 'fastboot' on your PC or troubleshoot USB connectivity issues under Windows). Search the net and consult the search engine of your choice or look here in XDA, there is plenty of information available.

Pre-Requisites
    • Have fastboot and adb installed on your PC and make sure, you can connect via USB to your device in fastboot mode and via adb
    • An unlocked bootloader (see e.g. LineageOS install instructions)
    • If you come from Stock ROM, make sure to upgrade your device to the latest offered software version
    • Know, how to boot into fastboot mode (with powered off device press [Power]+[Vol.down]+[Vol.up])

Please read carefully:
    I refer in general to the LineageOS install instructions, but there are some deviations!
    It is recommended to really go through the instructions once, before doing anything. You have been warned.

Install the dedicated Lineage recovery for this ROM
    For the Oneplus 7T Pro (hotdog), there is currently no official TWRP available! The unofficial TWRP did not work for me.
    Please download the specific Lineage revocery for this build. It has been built using this ROM's signing key, because the official Lineage recovery did not work either for me (the official Lineage recovery works with the official build, this one works for this specific build).
    Flash this specific recovery with the below commands:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_a lineage-17.1-20210118-recovery-microG-signed-hotdog.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b lineage-17.1-20210118-recovery-microG-signed-hotdog.img
    Reboot now into recovery from fastboot (follow the menu options) - DO NOT boot into your OS yet.

If you come from Stock ROM, sideload the "copy partitions" script referred and described in the LineageOS install instructions.
    Please note, that you may get error messages stating
    Partition product_b dd: /dev/block/dm-1: write error: No space left on device
    Partition vendor_b dd: /dev/block/dm-2: write error: No space left on device
    You can ignore those, as long as it is product or vendor.

Continue as described in the LineageOS installation instructions with formatting /data and sideloading the ROM ZIP.
    It is normal, that you observe at 47% progress a longer break, followed by a step 1/2 and finally 2/2 before a success message appears.

DO NOT flash Gapps!
    This ROM comes with pre-installed microG. So don't attempt to flash Gapps.

Update Instructions

This ROM offers OTA updates through the Updater app. Therefore, normally, no further activities necessary.
    You can however also manually update the ROM by sideloading a newer version of this ROM via recovery.
    IMPORTANT:
    If you would like to manually update by sideloading the ROM, you need to first flash the linked recovery image (see install instructions) again via fastboot! Recovery is always updated when flashing a new ROM version, and that updated recovery can't sideload this ROM version. Don't ask me, why. I will have to find out, how to solve that issue.

Frequently asked Questions

1. AuroraStore
    I bundle AuroraStore with my build, but I am in no way associated with its development. The first place to look for support is the AuroraStore XDA thread and its excellent FAQ Section. Nevertheless, I would like to answer some frequently asked questions in conjunction to my ROM:

Q: AuroraStore offers an update to "Google play services" - I thought your ROM is "Google-free"?
    A: The bundled microG application spoofs the existence of Google play services. This is a necessary part of microG's design. In AuroraStore, please add the Play Services to the ignore list. You won't be able to "update" them anyhow, but better do not even try to do so!

Q: I can't connect, Aurora claims "no network" - but I can normally use my browser and other apps to connect to the internet.
    A: If the "iptables block script" of my ROM is active, try to deactivating and immediately after re-activating it.
    If that does not help or you don't use the iptables block script of tis ROM, you may try to force-close the app or logoff/logon again. However, the Aurora support thread will be your primary point to look at!

2. Google/Facebook iptables blocking
    Q: How does the Google/Facebook blocking work?
    A: Via the 'iptables'/'ip6tables' functionality of the Linux layer of Android, the ip4/ip6 address range of Google and Facebook is blocked on a per app base (in fact, it is generally blocked, but some apps on an internal exception list are still allowed to connect). This means, that apps (or spyware components thereof) cannot send/receive data to/from Google/Facebook. Btw, certain connections to X-mode and Palantir are also blocked, but I am not sure, whether this is enough - any qualified information to improve this are very welcome!

Q: I like this Google/Facebook blocking approach, but my favourite <xyz> app needs to be able to connect to Google/Facebook. Can you please add this app to your exception list?
    A: Please read this comprehensive information. In short: If you have a trustworthy FOSS project aiming at connecting to Google/Facebook via Webview as 'mobile browser' with (almost) no permissions or you have a tracker-free app to connect to a proprietary service, which simply is hosted on a Google webspace, I am happy to discuss this, but I will definitely not allow any "Playstore top ten genuine spyware app".

Q: Which apps are on your exception list?
    A: see here

Q: But if Google is blocked for almost every app, can I still get push messages?
    A: Yes, you can! Push messages are routed and controlled through the microG functionality, which stil can connect to Google.

3. etc/hosts ad blocking
    Q: What is the etc/hosts ad-blocking and how does it work?
    A: I deliver a monthly-updated /system/etc/hosts file from the AdAway app which lists a comprehensive selection of known ad/spyware addresses. Any attempt to connect to those sites is redirected to the local OS, so a positive connection is reported, but no content is transmitted. (See linked explanation).

Q: Which anti-tracker lists do you use?
    A: The same defaulted by the AdAway app, plus in addition Microsoft's 'Hockey Stick' stuff.

4. Firewall UI
    Q: What is the Firewall UI and how does it work?
    A: Under Settings - Data privacy - Trust, you'll find a list of all installed apps (optionally, you can also show the shipped system apps), which lets you control - per app - whether the app can connect via WiFi, Mobile data or VPN. In fact, you can in any LineageOS individually control this in the app details (Settings), this option simply gives you a comprehensive view for all apps.

Q: How do I use it? What are the typical use-cases:
    A: It of course depends on your specific requirement, but below some very typical use-cases:
    a. Disallow internet access completely (uncheck WiFi, mobile data and VPN)
    This might be useful for an app, which does not need internet access to work, but uses internet access to e.g. nag you with ad-crap (some games on the play store, for example)
    b. Make sure, that an app only uses WiFi (in order to avoid costs when using mobile data) - uncheck mobile data
    c. Make sure, that an app only has internet, when connected via VPN - uncheck WiFi and mobile data

5. Privacy features / data privacy of this ROM
    Q: Does this ROM protect my privacy by design/default?
    A: First of all, you will never get any "auto-protection" without having to take care, what you do!
    What this ROM provides to you in addition to an "official" LineageOS:
    • This ROM comes with microG, to avoid the necessity of having to flash the Google apps, with the "mother of all spyware" called Google Play services. So many apps with that dependency would still work, either fully, or with their core-functionality, but without "extra Google convenience" features.
    • You can optionally block Google/Facbebook connections, which can add a further protecion layer (see the specific FAQ section about that feature)
    • Many nasty ad-servers, which are embedded into shady apps or websites are blocked by default
    • Some hardening measures known from the GrapheneOS project have been added
    HOWEVER - just some examples, how you can easily screw up any privacy gain (this list is by far not even near to comprehensive):
    • You still CAN install all kinds of shady apps and use privacy-ignoring services. If you e.g. install the genuine Facebook or Instagram app, the majority of your private data on your phone will be immediately uploaded to Facebook servers, as those apps even refuse to start, if you do not grant all the sensitive permissions! (Note: Yes, afterwards, when your data has already been stolen, you can revoke those permissions again. And yes, Whatsapp seems maybe 'slightly' better in this regard, but if you really believe, that WA isn't fully integrated into the FB ecosystem, you must be living on another planet).
    • If you use the Microsoft Outlook app to connect to any "non-Microsoft" e-mail provider, your logon credentials to that other mail provider are stored on Microsoft servers factually allowing Microsoft to steal your identity. Using Microsoft e-mail services or GMail discloses all your e-mails to automated scanning for "suspicious activities"; this has nothing to do with your phone, but outlines, how you can void even the most secure device by making use of privacy-ignoring services.
    • Making use of Genuine Google-apps with microG also isn't a good idea - make use of alternatives.
    • Any app, which you install on your device, could misuse its needed privileges! So try to stick to FOSS apps.
    • And last, but not least, if you are a 'dissident' or fear otherwise any targeted or comprehensive surveillance, this ROM isn't for you either...

Dealing with signed builds
    Please note, that this builds is signed with an own key. When you come from a different build, you cannot directly "dirty-flash" this build. You have to perform a "clean flash".

Bug reports:
    If you have a problem, please create a post with these informations:
    Original Kernel shipped with this rom:
    Build Date:
    And try to get log as described here
    Please note that I can't and won't support issues with builds using a different kernel or Xposed.
    In regards to microG, I will try my best to help when it is related to this ROM (I use it myself), but any questions of the type "the YXZ-app can't do <some sort of fancy xyz Google functionality> properly" are better asked in the respective microG forums.

Credits
    AOSP project
    LineageOS project
    microG project
    Graphene OS project
    csagan5 (Bromite)
    WhyOrean (Aurora)
    SkewedZeppelin (Kernel patches)
    Change log

2021-10-12 - FINAL build

• Security String 2021-10-01
    • Bromite System Webview and Browser updated to 93.0.4577.83

2021-09-10
    • ASB Security string 2021-09-05
    • microG 0.2.22.212658-2

2021-08-07
    • ASB Security string 2021-08-05
    • Bromite System Webview and Browser updated to 92.0.4515.134
    • F-Droid updated to 1.13
    • Fix in WiFi randomization

2021-07-10
    • ASB Security string 2021-07-05
    • Bromite System Webview and Browser updated to 91.0.4472.146
    • microG 0.2.21.212158-2
    • Kernel: Many sec. patches applied (taken from Divest-OS)
    • AuroraStore 4.0.7

2021-06-13
    • ASB Security string 2021-06-05
    • Bromite System Webview and Browser updated to 91.0.4472.102
    • microG 0.2.19211515-9
    • Kernel WLAN driver (qcacld-3.0) patched to include mitigations against "Frag" vuln.

2021-05-10
    • ASB Security string 2021-05-05
    • Bromite System Webview and Browser updated to 90.0.4430.204
    • Upstreamed microG (no new version)
    • Update: AuroraServices 1.1.1

2021-04-10
    • ASB Security string 2021-04-01
    • Bromite System Webview and Browser updated to 90.0.4430.59
    • F-Droid updated to 1.12
    • Update: AuroraStore 4.0.4 with AuroraServices 1.1.0

2021-03-08
    • Security string 2021-03-05
    • Kernel slightly patched
    • Bromite System Webview updated to 88.0.4324.207
    • Bromite Browser updated to 88.0.4324.207
    • F-Droid 1.11
    • microG 0.2.18.204714

2021-02-05
    • Security string 2021-02-05
    • Kernel slightly patched
    • Bromite System webview updated to 88.0.4324.141
    • Bromite Browser updated to 88.0.4324.141
    • F-Droid 1.10-alpha-234
    • microG 0.2.17.204714-5
    2021-01-22 - Initial build
    • Security string 2020-01-05
    • Pre-installed microG (0.2.16.204713-10) and F-Droid like the LineageOS for microG project (own fork)
    • Pre-installed AuroraStore
    • Bromite as default browser (87.0.4280.106)
    • eSpeak TTS engine (FOSS TTS solution)
    • Additional security hardening features listed below:
    • Cloudflare as default DNS (instead of Google)
    • Privacy-preferred default settings
    • Optional blocking of Facebook- and Google-Tracking (Settings - Network & Internet)
    • Optional disable captive portal detection or choose from various providers (default is GrapheneOS and not Google; Settings - Network & Internet)
    • Firewall UI (under Trust)
    • Increased max. password length of 64
    • No submission of IMSI/phone number to Google when GPS is in use
    • Default hosts file with many blocked ad/tracking sites
    • Privacy-enhanced Bromite SystemWebView (87.0.4280.131)
    • Extra control of sensor access for additionally installed user apps (Special access under app permissions)
    • Constified JNI method tables and hardened bionic lib
    Security Hardening Features - Details

1. Pre-installed microG and F-Droid

same as the LineageOS for microG project

2. Pre-installed AuroraStore
    works w/o having to enable the "unknown sources feature"

3. Extra control of sensor access for additionally installed user apps
    Special access under app permissions

4. Cloudflare (instead of Google) default DNS
    Cloudflare DNS has a better privacy policy than Google Public DNS and has DNS-over-TLS and DNS-over-HTTPS. In the deafult DNS settings (as fallback) and network diagnostics, the Cloudflare DNS adresses 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 are specified as defaults (instead of Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)

5. Privacy-preferred default settings
    When newly installed, the below settings are defaulted, different from standard LineageOS 17.1 (all settings can be changed at any time later):
    • Anonymous LineageOS statistics disabled (proposal during Setup)
    • The standard browsing app does not get the location runtime permission automatically assigned
    • Sensitive information is hidden on the lock screen
    • Camera app: Location tagging disabled by default
    Further, when a lock screen protection is set (PIN, pattern, password), the Nfc, Hotspot and airplane mode tiles require authentication and cannot be set without

6. Optional blocking of Facebook- and Google-Tracking
    Settings => Network & Internet (scroll down)
    When activated, all outgoing connection attempts to Facebook servers will be suppressed.
    Same applies to Google, but certain apps on an internal exception list will still be able to connect (AuroraStore, microG, or e.g. NewPipe, if installed)

7. Optional disable captive portal detection and to select Captive portal server URL provider
    Settings => Network & Internet (scroll down)
    When deactivated, the system will not ping a specific Google server any longer when establishing a WiFi connection to determine, whether a captive portal is being used. Further, the captive portal URL provider can be set (default is GrapheneOS and not Google; Settings - Network & Internet)

8. No submission of IMSI or phone number to Google when GPS is in use
    GPS also works fine, if no SIM card is present, so there obviously is no benefit for the phone holder (different from other involved parties :rolleyes:) to provide this data . . .

9. Default hosts file with many blocked ad/tracking sites
    The system's hosts file redirects a comprehensive list of URLs known to be adware, tracking, etc. to 127.0.0.1 (ipv4) and ::1 (ipv6)

10. Privacy-enhanced Bromite SystemWebView
    Instead of the default Chromium System Webview component, the Bromite SystemWebView is used offering more privacy, more ad blocking and less Google tracking.

11. Bromite as shipped Browser
    A chromium based browser with many privacy features.

12. Firewall UI
    Settings => Privacy - Firewall
    Lists all apps and allows to restrict Internet access per app in regards to WiFi, mobile network or VPN
    This per-app feature is a standard feature in LineageOS, but the UI to show all apps is an Extra (taken from a topic in LineageOS's Gerrit - it may, or may not, become part of the official LineageOS one day)

13. Maximum password length increased to 64
    Thank you for your support here. Everything works very fine. Last but not least i need root access for the rom.
    is it too late now for root because all is set up now or can i root the phone after all this? If yes, can you point me to the correct img or what ever and explane how to root.
    Sorry for getting on your nerves....
    If I may offer my step-by-step guide to root a fresh installation. I am not so sure whether that works in Linux (so I keep an old computer with Windows for this purpose). You won't lose any data or customization.

1. You need to extract the boot.img from the rom you are using.
    You can find many guides for payloading a boot image, essentially you have to:
    - Install python for windows, and extract the payload dumper tool into that python folder.
    - Change into the python installation folder.
    - Unpack the rom and copy the payload.bin file into the python folder.
    - Open a command prompt in that folder, use these two commands to install dependencies and extract the payload.bin file:
    # python -m pip install -r requirements.txt
    # python payload_dumper.py payload.bin
    - In the python folder there is a subfolder called "output", in this you will find the extracted boot.img.

2. Patch the boot.img.
    - Download and install the latest MagiskManager, and change the channel to "beta".
    - Copy the boot.img file to your device (e.g. via adb).
    - In MagiskManager chose "Magisk - install - chose file and patch", chose your boot.img, this will put a magisk_patched.img in your Download-folder on the device.

3. Root your phone.
    - Copy the magisk_patched.img to your computer.
    - Open a command prompt and reboot your device to bootloader.
    - Type:
    # fastboot boot magisk_patched.img
    - Your phone will reboot after that and is rooted.
    - Don't forget the last step: In Magisk Manager chose "direct install" - this will flash the boot.img and gain permanent root.

-------------------------------------------

@MSe1969 - I hope you don't mind me posting this here. I could also remove it if you think it is off-topic for this rom.