• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0] Pixel Experience 10 for Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus (TB8704F/X/N)

Search This thread

IanyiingYang

Mar 23, 2011
Taipei
After following the command "adb sideload <path to rom.zip>", my device also keep in the google splash and booting to android fail.
In this situation, I tried to use fastboot command to erase user data and reboot.
1. Power off your device.
2. volume down + power key to enter fastboot mode.
3. Command "fastboot.exe erase userdata"
4. Command "fastboot.exe reboot"
It seems workable in my device.

Reactions: ChasTechProjects

schiff1108

Mar 26, 2015
Munich
I am having problem attempting to install this ROM.

I have prepared everything as explained. Before I have exectued any commands I did two tests: adb devices and fastboot devices. Everything ok.

Then I ran "fastboot oem unlock-go" and was requiered to go through a full system set-up. Was this wrong to unlock the device?

Next I did "fastboot boot <path to twrp.img>" to test everything. TWRP came up and recognized that I was not able to mount the data partition. Hence I could not flash the new ROM as this is stored ther.

So I tried "fastboot flash recovery <path to twrp.img>" what was working ok according to the system message. But I still was not able to start twrp. The onestock menu was still coming up.

Next I did: “fastboot boot <path to twrp.img>”; started ADP Slidelock in TWRP and did this command: “adp sideload rom.zip.

As this process was standing for more the 15 min on 0% and as there were messages like /system and /data partiton where not able to mounted I have hard-stopped this process.

Since this time my device is always booting into Fastboot screen.

Have I bricked my tablet?

Any ways to get this new ROM or the Stock ROM on my phone?

Thxs for your help!!

Note: I have lots of experience in putting custom ROMs on Samsung devices. This is my first Lenovo,

Ecthelion4

Apr 14, 2017
So I tried "fastboot flash recovery <path to twrp.img>" what was working ok according to the system message. But I still was not able to start twrp. The onestock menu was still coming up.

Next I did: “fastboot boot <path to twrp.img>”; started ADP Slidelock in TWRP and did this command: “adp sideload rom.zip.

As this process was standing for more the 15 min on 0% and as there were messages like /system and /data partiton where not able to mounted I have hard-stopped this process.
According to the instructions in the second post of this thread, you should have turned off your device and restart it in recovery mode after flashing TWRP. You mentioned that TWRP would still not start after flashing it. Did you try to start it using the Power + Volume Up buttons after the device was powered off? And did you allow modifications in TWRP on start? I don't know what exactly went wrong in your attempt to flash the ROM, but I would suggest to precisely follow the installtion instructions unless you really know how to do better.

Senya2015

Dec 7, 2014
Hello everyone! Just installed this beautiful ROM according to instruction. Everything went smoothly, except some warnings in recovery while factory resetting. Now I'm booted into Android, all of my data is still intact (?) but WiFi just can't connect and save any network? Should I try resetting it from recovery one more time?

P.S. Nevermind, one proper factory wipe resolved everything. So far so good!

Last edited:
Reactions: ChasTechProjects

gjuny

Dec 20, 2010
Curitiba
Has anyone tried this with the V variant of the tablet?

EDIT: Ok. I tried and it does not work out of the box by following the steps of the original post. I did try using the boot image located on this post (link) and lo and behold, it boots! The problem is that I could not get any connectivity (no LTE, no Wi-Fi and no Bluetooth). Any way the boot image could be tweaked to work with this ROM?

Last edited:

kotty

Sep 17, 2010
singapore
every thing is working just the rear camera and flash not working..same as lineage os..anyway to fix it .i need it for work purposes..confirmed not hardware issue cos i flashed back stock ROM and it is working..i didn't heard other people got this issue at lineage os there..maybe because my tablet is 16GB 3GB RAM model?

Dec 16, 2018
GtwTyCR.png

Pixel Experience for Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

What's working?

Wifi
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Bluetooth
FM Radio
Sound / vibration
Facelock
Fingerprint

Known issues

You tell me.

December 2020 security patch
Android 10

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

Download ROM
Please Give Me Your Telegram Username Need Help

hk9719

Jul 12, 2021
hey this rom works flawlessly but after switching back to stock rom via rescue snd smart assistant, my wifi and bluetooth sre not working. I switched back to pixel experience and they are working again. Any fix?

Jan 16, 2021
hey this rom works flawlessly but after switching back to stock rom via rescue snd smart assistant, my wifi and bluetooth sre not working. I switched back to pixel experience and they are working again. Any fix?
I seem to be having the same issue with flashing the stock ROM. This isn't related to the custom ROM, it just seems to be what's happening with stock. The only fix is to get hold of Android 7.1 (not 8.1) stock ROM files from somewhere and flash through QDL, at which point you can then just update to 8.1 through settings. This is a complicated method but there are plenty of guides around on how to do this.

hk9719

Jul 12, 2021
I seem to be having the same issue with flashing the stock ROM. This isn't related to the custom ROM, it just seems to be what's happening with stock. The only fix is to get hold of Android 7.1 (not 8.1) stock ROM files from somewhere and flash through QDL, at which point you can then just update to 8.1 through settings. This is a complicated method but there are plenty of guides around on how to do thi

I seem to be having the same issue with flashing the stock ROM. This isn't related to the custom ROM, it just seems to be what's happening with stock. The only fix is to get hold of Android 7.1 (not 8.1) stock ROM files from somewhere and flash through QDL, at which point you can then just update to 8.1 through settings. This is a complicated method but there are plenty of guides around on how to do this.
Thanks for the help. The process was not at all complicated.

Jan 16, 2021
Many people are asking when I will update this ROM with the latest security patch and whether an Android 11 release is coming.

For the security patch, I tried syncing the sources today for Pixel Experience 10 and according to /build/core/version_defaults.mk, the source I downloaded is still on the December 2020 security patch, meaning there likely haven't been any updates for Pixel Experience 10 since then. I could try to apply security patches myself but this is complicated and time consuming. Luckily there are only 7 months difference meaning it won't be as complicated as say patching a ROM with a 2016 security patch. I'll give it a go and update you soon on how it works out.

For Android 11, I have tried building Pixel Experience 11 but there are a lot of fundamental incompatibilities with the Android 10 device tree and kernel that cause ninja to error out very early on into the compiling process. I am working on fixing these but I cannot promise anything. Pixel Experience 10 was only really possible for this tablet because there was already LineageOS 17.1 (also based on Android 10) available and the device tree required minimal tweaking to get it to build successfully with an AOSP-based ROM. You could probably run PE 11 on the larger Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus right now, since there is already a ROM based on Android 11 for this tablet. I'm trying to make the relevant modifications to the TB8704 device tree by examining the TBX704 device tree, but still am encountering some problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GtwTyCR.png

Pixel Experience for Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

What's working?

Wifi
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Bluetooth
    FM Radio
    Sound / vibration
    Facelock
    Fingerprint

Known issues

You tell me.

December 2020 security patch
    Android 10

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

Download ROM
    Many people are asking when I will update this ROM with the latest security patch and whether an Android 11 release is coming.

For the security patch, I tried syncing the sources today for Pixel Experience 10 and according to /build/core/version_defaults.mk, the source I downloaded is still on the December 2020 security patch, meaning there likely haven't been any updates for Pixel Experience 10 since then. I could try to apply security patches myself but this is complicated and time consuming. Luckily there are only 7 months difference meaning it won't be as complicated as say patching a ROM with a 2016 security patch. I'll give it a go and update you soon on how it works out.

For Android 11, I have tried building Pixel Experience 11 but there are a lot of fundamental incompatibilities with the Android 10 device tree and kernel that cause ninja to error out very early on into the compiling process. I am working on fixing these but I cannot promise anything. Pixel Experience 10 was only really possible for this tablet because there was already LineageOS 17.1 (also based on Android 10) available and the device tree required minimal tweaking to get it to build successfully with an AOSP-based ROM. You could probably run PE 11 on the larger Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus right now, since there is already a ROM based on Android 11 for this tablet. I'm trying to make the relevant modifications to the TB8704 device tree by examining the TBX704 device tree, but still am encountering some problems.
    To install you should be running stock firmware, you can restore using the Lenovo Rescue and Smart Assistant (LMSA) tool on a PC, then follow the instructions in the app to rescue the device. Make sure to unlock the bootloader as well.

Now grab a copy of TWRP recovery from here. Install fastboot and adb on your PC by following this tutorial on XDA.

Boot your device into fastboot mode (power + volume down). You should know when you are in fastboot mode as it will show on the screen.

Open up the terminal or command prompt and run:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery <path to twrp.img>

Now turn off your device by pressing power until the screen is black, then boot into recovery (power + volume up).

TWRP should boot up. DO NOT ERASE SYSTEM, OTHERWISE YOUR DEVICE WILL HANG ON THE GOOGLE LOGO. Go to Advanced, tap ADB sideload, then run the following on your PC.

Code:
    adb sideload <path to rom.zip>

Once it's finished sideloading, reboot back into recovery, then swipe factory reset. Now reboot into system.

It will take a couple of minutes to load and then you should see setup. You can now setup your device. Enjoy Pixel Experience and Android 10 on your Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus!
    Great work man, thank you :D
    @ChasTechProjects , thank you so much!
    I just installed the ROM, it's flawless :love:

I loved my tablet and still, thanks to you!