[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0] Pixel Experience 10 for Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus (TB8704F/X/N)

Search This thread

Snake_Aiz

Sep 29, 2010
Hi Guys,

I managed to "brick" my tablet. It's stuck in fastboot. So I believe I don't have any rom.
I managed to install TWRP, but when I am trying to install the rom I get the error that the rom is intended for tb-8504x your device is tb_8504x.

Can someone help me to find the file that block the installment?

Thank you

capounet

Aug 19, 2012
Brussels
Hello,

Thanks to ChasTechProjects.

Just to inform that I have installed this rom without any problem on my TB-8704F hardware version 10. Taking into account that I did not played with rom's since ny nexus 7 tablet a few years ago , I am positively impressed by the smooth & easy process.

Only one remaining issue is restoring safetynet ; I am not ready to play with magisk to try to correct this. Is it possible to get this corrected in a future release.

Thank you, Philippe

deltacode

Apr 21, 2011
Loved this rom, its easy to setup and the instructions are clear. Gapps already installed means its a great addition to the tablet. One issue i had was when the wifi was at around 60% signal it would constantly drop and restart, so i moved to the 18.1 rom.

Reactions: ChasTechProjects

scorpioo42

Apr 2, 2008
Flashed the rom , had some troubles the past days flashing the Lenovo.
Found this one , has Gapps in it so thought this might work.
Sideloaded an didn't boot ..eventualy I flashed with TWRP and it booted.
But kept looping in de Google logo.
Found the way of @IanyiingYang wich worked just fine and I must say a very well rom , thank you.

Only found one thing and that's the sound , it's as in a tincan.
Is there any way to get the better sound back it had in 8.1 ?

Hope someone can help ..the rom is nice to have but the sound isn't.

Greetings from the Netherlands

scorpioo42

Apr 2, 2008
sound on bleutooth is doable , horrible tincan on tablet, hope ther s a fix ..otherwise i'm also trying 18.1

Last edited:
Will there be pixel experience 11 version coming after lineage version?
Maybe. I'm a bit busy at the moment, but it shouldn't take all that much effort to build Pixel Experience 11 for this tablet. It would likely just involve changing some build files in the device tree from lineage to aosp and getting rid of/changing Lineage specific references to their AOSP equivalents.

Reactions: Леший83

minhgi

good to hear. I did try Lienage 11 build for day and there a few bugs that prevent me from using it. Beside, the Pixel Experience 10 have better option and more stable. It was pretty easy to switch bwtwewn the ttwo by sideloading the rom without data wipe..

Deeptanil

Dec 20, 2021
hi,
ive followed all your steps but its stuck in the Google Logo screen. Without wiping the System.
Can you help!

rudolf33

Jan 2, 2022
Great work! Only one issue with 8704x:
Saftynet ctsprofile failed. I tried different solutions I found in Google/XDA.
I used twrp 3.4. 0.0, and safty net fix V2. 2.
Can somebody help me?
It is important to insert Sim card?
Thanks for reply

leungalv

Sep 9, 2010
Has anyone tried this with the V variant of the tablet?

EDIT: Ok. I tried and it does not work out of the box by following the steps of the original post. I did try using the boot image located on this post (link) and lo and behold, it boots! The problem is that I could not get any connectivity (no LTE, no Wi-Fi and no Bluetooth). Any way the boot image could be tweaked to work with this ROM?
I did the install with on a "V" variant as well, starting from scratch as per post #2, installing the boot image as you have posted as well.

Anyways, I have working Wi-Fi and LTE, but same as in LOS, bluetooth crashing :(

Last edited:

minhgi

Maybe. I'm a bit busy at the moment, but it shouldn't take all that much effort to build Pixel Experience 11 for this tablet. It would likely just involve changing some build files in the device tree from lineage to aosp and getting rid of/changing Lineage specific references to their AOSP equivalents.
Any news about the pixel expiences 11? lol. I'm ready to jump bc the wifi sensitivity to wifi band steering on my network. All IOT devices don't behave like this except the lenvo tablet. Lienage 11 seem to solve this problem but I would like to have Pixel Experience 11 version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GtwTyCR.png

Pixel Experience for Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

What's working?

Wifi
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Bluetooth
    FM Radio
    Sound / vibration
    Facelock
    Fingerprint

Known issues

You tell me.

December 2020 security patch
    Android 10

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

Download ROM
    Many people are asking when I will update this ROM with the latest security patch and whether an Android 11 release is coming.

For the security patch, I tried syncing the sources today for Pixel Experience 10 and according to /build/core/version_defaults.mk, the source I downloaded is still on the December 2020 security patch, meaning there likely haven't been any updates for Pixel Experience 10 since then. I could try to apply security patches myself but this is complicated and time consuming. Luckily there are only 7 months difference meaning it won't be as complicated as say patching a ROM with a 2016 security patch. I'll give it a go and update you soon on how it works out.

For Android 11, I have tried building Pixel Experience 11 but there are a lot of fundamental incompatibilities with the Android 10 device tree and kernel that cause ninja to error out very early on into the compiling process. I am working on fixing these but I cannot promise anything. Pixel Experience 10 was only really possible for this tablet because there was already LineageOS 17.1 (also based on Android 10) available and the device tree required minimal tweaking to get it to build successfully with an AOSP-based ROM. You could probably run PE 11 on the larger Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus right now, since there is already a ROM based on Android 11 for this tablet. I'm trying to make the relevant modifications to the TB8704 device tree by examining the TBX704 device tree, but still am encountering some problems.
    To install you should be running stock firmware, you can restore using the Lenovo Rescue and Smart Assistant (LMSA) tool on a PC, then follow the instructions in the app to rescue the device. Make sure to unlock the bootloader as well.

Now grab a copy of TWRP recovery from here. Install fastboot and adb on your PC by following this tutorial on XDA.

Boot your device into fastboot mode (power + volume down). You should know when you are in fastboot mode as it will show on the screen.

Open up the terminal or command prompt and run:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery <path to twrp.img>

Now turn off your device by pressing power until the screen is black, then boot into recovery (power + volume up).

TWRP should boot up. DO NOT ERASE SYSTEM, OTHERWISE YOUR DEVICE WILL HANG ON THE GOOGLE LOGO. Go to Advanced, tap ADB sideload, then run the following on your PC.

Code:
    adb sideload <path to rom.zip>

Once it's finished sideloading, reboot back into recovery, then swipe factory reset. Now reboot into system.

It will take a couple of minutes to load and then you should see setup. You can now setup your device. Enjoy Pixel Experience and Android 10 on your Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus!
    Great work man, thank you :D
    Will there be pixel experience 11 version coming after lineage version?