[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][POTTER] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

Redmi.4x8086

Jul 5, 2019
Installed the 18.1, which worked great, but unfortunately that ROM only has Widevine L3 (also identifies to Google as a Pixel 2); the 17.1 ZJR build still manages to keep L1, so I've upgraded to that from a 16.0 build from last summer. Just retired my G5P, but I use it as backup...
Why doesn't 18.1 include Widevine L1?

Hey, does your camera still work after encryption?
Sorry for taking so long to respond. I had quit following this thread so closely when the 17.1 ROM releases slowed down in the spring.

But back to your camera question...

My camera was hanging a lot! I tried other camera apps and had the same problem.

I did find a fix after a very long search!!! everywhere on the net. And now I'm having trouble even re-locating the post again.

But the essence was a one line shell script that was called killcam:

#!/system/bin/sh
kill -HUP `ps -A | grep camera | awk '{print $2}'`

I just keep it in my /sdcard/Downloads directory. I fire up a local terminal on the phone, do an "su" to get a root shell...

Then I run "sh -x /sdcard/Downloads/killcam

I keep this around and simply have to run it when my camera or flashlight hangs.

Am totally surprised how killing a few camera processes can fix what a reboot or re-installation of the app, or wiping of it's data doesn't solve!

Riddle me that Batman!

Redmi.4x8086

Jul 5, 2019
Sorry for taking so long to respond. I had quit following this thread so closely when the 17.1 ROM releases slowed down in the spring.

My camera was hanging a lot! I tried other camera apps and had the same problem.

I did find a fix after a very long search!!! everywhere on the net. And now I'm having trouble even re-locating the post again.

#!/system/bin/sh

I just keep it in my /sdcard/Downloads directory. I fire up a local terminal on the phone, do an "su" to get a root shell...

I keep this around and simply have to run it when my camera or flashlight hangs.

Am totally surprised how killing a few camera processes can fix what a reboot or re-installation of the app, or wiping of it's data doesn't solve!

Riddle me that Batman!
The script worked great! :)

Reactions: time_nl

Gus0

Sep 29, 2013
May I ask wich firmware version are you guys using? (mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/potter/official/), Mine is RETLA and no matter wich version (p,q,r) of lineage I try to install (and some other roms too btw) it doesn't work, just bootloop, I even tried downgrading TWRP, some other roms, like CRDroid or DoT boot just fine, but I'd like to install this one, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance btw

I've already tried: with and w/o gapps, TWRP 3.5 and 3.2.3 and android P and R of Gothic Lineage

Update: tested Q, boot but loses Imei; Oreo works but it's too old for many applications :(

Last edited:

Redmi.4x8086

Jul 5, 2019
Installed the 18.1, which worked great, but unfortunately that ROM only has Widevine L3 (also identifies to Google as a Pixel 2); the 17.1 ZJR build still manages to keep L1, so I've upgraded to that from a 16.0 build from last summer. Just retired my G5P, but I use it as backup...
Why doesn't 18.1 include Widevine L1?

paul_ramone

Sep 15, 2019
Hi,

First of all, thanks a lot for keeping LOS for Potter alive!

I tried to install this ROM yesterday, but without success. I have used the LOS 14.1 (https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-7-1-2-unofficial-lineageos-14-1.3593556/) so far without problems.

What I did yesterday (I am using TWRP 3.5.2):

- wiped system, data, cache, dalvik
- flashed latest LOS 18.1 build (GothicVI, 20210609)
- flashed MindTheGapps 11.0
- flashed Magisk 23.0

I got no error messages at all during installation. When I rebooted to system, the moving LOS logo appears etc. The system asks for my pin/password. I enter it and the moving LOS logo appears again and after a while the screen turns black. And that's it. But it is interesting that if I press volume up or down, the volume control appears on screen. And I am able to power off the system without having to force it. If I press the power button, the regular options (emergency, shutdown, reboot) appear on screen and I am able to power off. It is almost as the system is working but I cannot see anything (only volume control and shutdown options...).

I have already read all posts in this thread, but didn't find any information that could help me. I was wondering if I must do what @TopazTestified describe in his/her post (https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-unofficial-10-0-potter-lineageos-17-1.4088253/post-82961327), but I am not sure and I don't want to make things even worse...

Or maybe this has to do with encryption (as @okayk mentioned). Should I disable encryption before flashing LOS 18.1? If yes, how do I do it? (sorry for such basic questions!...)

If anyone can image what I am doing wrong, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

PS.: a final question: I couldn't find any pico version of Gapps for 11.0/LOS 18.1? If there is any, where could I find it? Thanks again!

sff462

Feb 6, 2016
Hi,

First of all, thanks a lot for keeping LOS for Potter alive!

I tried to install this ROM yesterday, but without success. I have used the LOS 14.1 (https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-7-1-2-unofficial-lineageos-14-1.3593556/) so far without problems.

What I did yesterday (I am using TWRP 3.5.2):

- wiped system, data, cache, dalvik
- flashed latest LOS 18.1 build (GothicVI, 20210609)
- flashed MindTheGapps 11.0
- flashed Magisk 23.0

I got no error messages at all during installation. When I rebooted to system, the moving LOS logo appears etc. The system asks for my pin/password. I enter it and the moving LOS logo appears again and after a while the screen turns black. And that's it. But it is interesting that if I press volume up or down, the volume control appears on screen. And I am able to power off the system without having to force it. If I press the power button, the regular options (emergency, shutdown, reboot) appear on screen and I am able to power off. It is almost as the system is working but I cannot see anything (only volume control and shutdown options...).

I have already read all posts in this thread, but didn't find any information that could help me. I was wondering if I must do what @TopazTestified describe in his/her post (https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-unofficial-10-0-potter-lineageos-17-1.4088253/post-82961327), but I am not sure and I don't want to make things even worse...

Or maybe this has to do with encryption (as @okayk mentioned). Should I disable encryption before flashing LOS 18.1? If yes, how do I do it? (sorry for such basic questions!...)

If anyone can image what I am doing wrong, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

PS.: a final question: I couldn't find any pico version of Gapps for 11.0/LOS 18.1? If there is any, where could I find it? Thanks again!
Download this version by zjunior06. He has corrected the black screen problem, and I am running it without problems.

"https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1NEAanIdyKzx5IL0jlPqbJw_A0ugUSrm7&export=download"

paul_ramone

Sep 15, 2019
Hi, @sff462
Thank you for your quick reply! I have just tried with zjunior06's build. Unfortunately I got the same result: black screen (vol up and down and power button working, but nothing else).
A further question: in addition to wiping system, data, cache and dalvik, should I also format data? (sorry again for some basic questions...)
Thank you!

okayk

Apr 23, 2020
Tokyo
Hi, @sff462
Thank you for your quick reply! I have just tried with zjunior06's build. Unfortunately I got the same result: black screen (vol up and down and power button working, but nothing else).
A further question: in addition to wiping system, data, cache and dalvik, should I also format data? (sorry again for some basic questions...)
Thank you!
I've had the same problem when I switched from an Android 10 to an 11 ROM for the first time. I had to format –be aware you'll lose everything on your internal storage– to remove encryption before installing Lineage 18.1.
I could then boot Lineage normally and encrypt my phone again from the security menu.

paul_ramone

Sep 15, 2019
Since I got no answer to my last question (no problems at all!), let me ask a more direct (yes/no) question:

→ from LOS 14.1 (encrypted) to LOS 18.1: do I have to format data before flashing the new ROM?

Thank you all!

paul_ramone

Sep 15, 2019
Hi @okayk
I think we wrote our last messages almost at the same time! Thank you for your answer! I'll format data then.
If I may add a further question: every time I tried in the last days to install LOS 18.1 and failed, I was able to restore from a backup I did using TWRP. If I format data, won't I be able to do the same if the installation of LOS 18.1 also fails? In other words: are my chances of restoring my old LOS 14.1 if something goes wrong smaller if I format data?
Thanks a lot!

okayk

Apr 23, 2020
Tokyo
Hi @okayk
I think we wrote our last messages almost at the same time! Thank you for your answer! I'll format data then.
If I may add a further question: every time I tried in the last days to install LOS 18.1 and failed, I was able to restore from a backup I did using TWRP. If I format data, won't I be able to do the same if the installation of LOS 18.1 also fails? In other words: are my chances of restoring my old LOS 14.1 if something goes wrong smaller if I format data?
Thanks a lot!
I've never tried to downgrade so I can't tell for sure, but it should be alright. Be sure to save your backup on your SD card before you format your internal storage.

D

Deleted member 8413838

Is there still the boot loop / black screen issue mentioned here when using gothicIV's builds for the 1685 model?

Redmi.4x8086

Jul 5, 2019
Your phone is still encripted, remove the encryption with TWRP. That's it
It wasn't encrypted anymore I think
P.S.: had to flash stock rom to remove encryption
P.S.2: I think that google has something against me, the last times I still used this rom plus gapps the play store would say that there was no space left on device, even after a clean flash, also the device screen would turn on and off while showing the logo on boot

This doesn't happen since I use only lineageos without gapps (neither of the 2 things)

I made a tweet:

Last edited:

massima

It wasn't encrypted anymore I think
P.S.: had to flash stock rom to remove encryption
P.S.2: I think that google has something against me, the last times I still used this rom plus gapps the play store would say that there was no space left on device, even after a clean flash, also the device screen would turn on and off while showing the logo on boot

This doesn't happen since I use only lineageos without gapps (neither of the 2 things)

I made a tweet:
In TWRP, choose "wipe-advanced wipe-...-format data" type "yes", done.
To check if the phone is encrypted, in the menu under "security", you will find if it is encrypted or not.
I don't use Lineage but crdroid and i never had a similar problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Where did you find a working link for lineage-18.1-20240207? On androidfilehost I'll get about 90mb than the download stops.
    the file is from 2024-03-05.zip
    Hello guys...
    I'm facing restart issue in custom roms... Is there any solution... ❓❔
    Device = Moto g5 plus (xt1686)
    Which ROM are you talking about? The one from this thread? If yes what build? Rooted?
    When are you facing that issues?
    More information needed.
    I am using (dot os v5.2.1) i am facing this issue in every custom rom not using lineage os... yes device is also rooted
    So and "restart issues" is what? Doesn't restart (start?) at all? Please explain the problem. This doesn't happen on lineage ?
    Does the problem appear before you're rooted?
    Btw,how are you rooted? Magisk/alpha/Kitsune/kernelsu?
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    • You tell me
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
    gothicVI

ZJRDroid
    ROM OS Version: 10.0 (Q) & 11.0 (R)
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Oreo

Version Information
    Nightly
    Stable Release Date: 2020-04-23
    Created 2020-02-04
    Last Updated 2021-01-012

Note:- I am just posting this Rom, since the developer is not active. All the credit will go to developer for his Hard work and time. I am just posting his work.
    Reserved

Changelog

2020-02-04
    LineageOS 17.1

- Encryption working
    - Enforcing
    - WifiDisplay (Miracast) fixed
    - WifiDisplay Audio fixed (Now audio will come from TV)
    - FP Gestures fixed

P.S: Feb security patch not merged yet

Thanks to @nickvBokhorst for crDroid tree.

2020-02-08

*Changelog:
    - February security patch merged (android-10.0.0_r27)
    - Komodo? v2 (ODP based with some changes)
    - Selinux Enforcing
    - Encryption ok

2020-04-18

- Fixed Safetynet
    - Fixed launcher issue
    - April patch
    - Latests source changes

2020-04-23

- Added OTA updates support
    - Merged latests sources changes

2020-07-17

- July security patch
    - Latests source changes
    - Misc changes/fixes

2020-10-09

- October security patch
    - Latests sources changes

2020-11-08

- November security patch merged
    - No bug in Audio Bluetooth
    - No Launcher bug

P.S: If you want remove navbar, download build.prop editor, search for line "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 and change it to "1"
    Do the latest builds from @gothicVI contain just security updates or do they also have the latest LineageOS 18.1 changes/updates?
    I know LOS Android 11 isn't developed anymore now but I'm on Jan-2021 build.
    Only security patches - no backports of features.
    Probably no further security patches will be backported though.
    Hey, does your camera still work after encryption?

#!/system/bin/sh

Riddle me that Batman!