The answer is more complicated. Originally, I was using the original apk (which means: updatable via F-Droid), which - about more than 7-8 months ago hadn't received any updates since long and due to developments by Google in the FCM area, more and more issues with apps depending on Google functionalities have occurred, when these apps were updated.
I should have adapted it in the last build already.
Thanks for reporting. I tracked down the problem. The build property
ro.lineage.releasetypechanged from UNOFFICIAL to UNOFFICIAL-signed.
ro.lineage.releasetypefrom UNOFFICIAL to UNOFFICIAL-signed
Yes, there is one simpler way:
Just worked for me, thx!Ah, right. Too simple
* this allows migration from older build using ro.lineage.releasetype UNOFFICIAL instead of UNOFFICIAL-signed * this needs to be dropped with the next buildgithub.com
Please comment if someone is still not able to find the new version via inbuilt updater.
I guess you're using a current magisk version.
I did already apply before Kevin's 3.4 backports from his LineageOS Samsung msm8974 branch and for the recent patching action with this ROM's Sony msm8974 kernel, I used the patches listed in here as this is also a msm8974 kernel in your 17.1 directory.
Do you recommend to me to look further?
And by the way, whilst I have the opportunity to communicate with you:
As I prefer to truly apply the commits to my/our kernel forks, I have noticed, that few of your patches do not contain commit messages. For some of them, I found them and applied accordingly, but at least for that one I did not manage to find it.
Do you have the commit message(s) handy?
And if not - would you like me to make a pull request for those patches, where I was able to identify the originating upstream commit?
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot. * */
- Partitions (Data, Cache) : Ext4 and F2FS supported - Bluetooth : Ok - WiFi : Ok - WiFi Hotspot : Ok - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok - GPS : Ok - Camera : Ok - Camcorder : Ok - Lights : Ok - MicroSD : Ok - Accelerometer : Ok - Compass : Ok - Gyroscope : Ok - Touchscreen : Ok - FM Radio : Ok (mono) - ANT+ : Ok - Vibrator : Ok - Microphone : Ok - Audio & music : Ok - Bluetooth audio : Ok - MHL: broken - NFC : Ok - Kernel : Ok - Graphics : Ok - 3D Rendering : Ok - Clock : Ok - Offline Charging : Ok - USB : Ok - USB OTG : Ok - Encryption : Ok - SEPolicies : enforcing
DownloadFollowing limitations are known:
- NFC-HCE does not work (needed for example for google pay)
- FM does not work in stereo mode (mono works fine, though)
- MHL does not work
5 GHz hotspot does not work (2.4 GHz hotspot works fine)(5 GHz option disabled with 2020-03-11 build as it isn't even available on stock)
GPS gets wrong time due to GPS week rollover since 3rd November 2019 (of importance when you record GPS tracks for example).fixed with 20200520 build
- Using GApps AND encrypting the device may result in bootloops. More infos here.
- Standard Trebuchet Launcher shows small artifacts in the fonts of app names in some situations.
What about root access?
Root isn't included per default (except root over adb, but it's off by default).
If you want to gain root access to your apps use magisk (everything > 20.4 is broken):
ANT+ isn't working?
You need the 2 apps:
This refers to those instructions which worked for me
- Go to Apps & Notifications -> See All Apps
- Select 'ANT Radio Service'
- Select Permissions
- Select Additional permissions
- Slide switch to allow using of ANT hardware
I've got problems AND have magisk/exposed installed
We won't support anything related to magisk/exposed/other heavily system modifying things.
If you're encountering problems please make sure you're using a clean installation (at most gapps) to verify/reproduce the issue.
- SpiritCroc: big thanks to him for maintaining the device trees and a lot of very useful hints
- NeoArian: also big thanks to him
- munjeni: thanks for tips and tricks
- nailyk: thanks for tips and tricks
- All the other contributors on sony msm8974 platform
- LineageOS team