[ROM][Unofficial][10.0][signed][OTA] Lineage OS 17.1 for Xperia Z1 compact

Search This thread

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
The notification icon is missing on all of my Z1c with LOS 17.1 and 18.1.
If you see this icon I will try a factory reset :-(

The two logs came from one device but the others have the same behavior.

Used apps:
Scheckkartenleser https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.github.devnied.emvnfccard
and some others.

In the meantime I found out that only one of my NFC capable cards is readable (but only sometimes, not repeatable): a credit card, but my giro card never (I use this card always to pay so it should be OK).

I use the standard version with GAPPS.

I just installed the app you mentioned on 18.1: Both cards I tried could be read.
Could you try a clean build? No gapps, no magisk, only Lineage?
I think there is something messed up with your system.
Or it's a hardware fault. Some connections issue or so. But why should AICP work then... :unsure:

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
Could you try a clean build? No gapps, no magisk, only Lineage?
Do you see the NFC icon with LOS 17.1?

I tried 17.1 with GAPPS and without Magisk: no success.
I will try this on another Z1c without GAPPS if I have some time (my wife had a serious accident at home with a double pelvic ring fracture so I have to manage our household).

android666

Jun 19, 2010
Hello. I'd like to ask you for experience with AA (Android Auto) on your LineageOS. Does it work with any gapps, or also (in some compromise mode) with microG ? I did not find helpful hint, except installing giant gapps :-(.
MicroG AA status is No at this moment: link (already asked for this feature here)

Last edited:
Hello. I'd like to ask you for experience with AA (Android Auto) on your LineageOS. Does it work with any gapps, or also (in some compromise mode) with microG ? I did not find helpful hint, except installing giant gapps :-(.
MicroG AA status is No at this moment: link (olready asked for this feature here)
Android Auto does not work with microG:

In regards to regular Gapps, I don't see any reason, why it should not work with e.g. Pico or Nano, as all Gapps flavors ship the Core Spy Services functionality. But as I don't use it, I can't give you a validated answer.

Reactions: android666

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Do you see the NFC icon with LOS 17.1?

I tried 17.1 with GAPPS and without Magisk: no success.
I will try this on another Z1c without GAPPS if I have some time (my wife had a serious accident at home with a double pelvic ring fracture so I have to manage our household).
I just have a 18.1 device at the moment and I can't wipe it now. But with 18 NFC works - so I thought it might be an issue on your side when it also wasn't working for you on 18.
Good luck and all the best then :)

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
I wiped all (factory reset) and installed only lineage-18.1-20210423-UNOFFICIAL-amami.zip without GAPPS and Magisk: there is no menu for NFC on/off.
I'm just using a quick settings tile.
However, I'm also not able to reach it in the settings. When searching for "NFC" I can reach the settings page "connected devices / connection preferences / NFC". But directly navigating there seems to be impossible somehow.

Screenshot_20210425-133111_Trebuchet.png

Reactions: tramp20

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Is anyone else facing NFC problems with this device and Lineage 17.1 installed?
Can someone else approve that it is working as intended?
Probably too late, but just to check I enabled NFC on my Z1c, installed the app mentioned by tramp20 - and find it is working nicely (might as well leave it installed). But only with my regular bank card; my VISA card is unresponsive.
Also tested my NFC capable printer - at least the printer's tag is recognized by the phone.
Am running the latest build of this LOS 17.1 ROM

IJK_CZ

Jun 29, 2012
Prague
MicroG AA status is No at this moment: link (already asked for this feature here)
I am using Android Auto (latest version April 2021, downloaded form APK mirror ) on Lineage 17 (Dec 18 build) with PicoGaps without problems. Also Screen2Auto (req. root) works fine. I would like to update Lineage system to more fresh, I hope AA will be not affected.

android666

Jun 19, 2010
When I seldom having SD card checking (it takes a while) after I start phone (start from shutdown state), does it mean, I'm close to end of life of my card (SanDisk 400GB with ext4) ? it's anoying when desktop is locked due to such SD card checking for several minutes.

traegr

Sep 26, 2020
The January build, as already correctly mentioned in previous posts, had - for the standard build variant only - a wrong updater URI (to be more precise, the correct one hadn't yet been overlaid at that time). This means, that the January build for the standard variant will unfortunately not offer any OTA update, sorry. Please update manually by downloading the March build and flash with TWRP, no wipe necessary.
Oh I just realized there was a reply. Thanks!
The thing is, my 'Update Recovery' in developer options was enabled when I first installed Lineage so TWRP has been replaced with the built-in Lineage one with subsequent updates...
Do I have to replace it with TWRP again? Or can I use the built-in recovery? Booting into recovery shows the option of applying update from adb, internal memory, sd card etc... so I figured adb might work? But I don't really want to risk it without confirmation since this is my daily drive and don't want to lose app data and such.

Thanks in advance!

Oh I just realized there was a reply. Thanks!
The thing is, my 'Update Recovery' in developer options was enabled when I first installed Lineage so TWRP has been replaced with the built-in Lineage one with subsequent updates...
Do I have to replace it with TWRP again? Or can I use the built-in recovery? Booting into recovery shows the option of applying update from adb, internal memory, sd card etc... so I figured adb might work? But I don't really want to risk it without confirmation since this is my daily drive and don't want to lose app data and such.

Thanks in advance!
I have no experience with Lineage Recovery in conjunction with the Z1c/amami device. I provide builds for the Oneplus 7T Pro, where a fully working TWRP is not available, so there is no choice but using Lineage Recovery - and the option "Apply update" in fact allows the command 'adb sideload' to be executed. It *should* work, but I haven't tried myself, so when you say, the Z1c is your daily driver, I'd rather go for TWRP.

Reactions: traegr
@115ek : Do you know, what is the default, when the ROM is clean-flashed and the dev. options aren't enabled?
Maybe we should default the property persist.sys.recovery_update accordingly in the device config to avoid this? By defaulting the prop, people still have a choice, but this won't happen by accident?

EDIT:
As far as I read the code of UpdateRecoveryPreferenceController.java, the default seems to be "don't update"?

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
@115ek : Do you know, what is the default, when the ROM is clean-flashed and the dev. options aren't enabled?
Maybe we should default the property persist.sys.recovery_update accordingly in the device config to avoid this? By defaulting the prop, people still have a choice, but this won't happen by accident?

EDIT:
As far as I read the code of UpdateRecoveryPreferenceController.java, the default seems to be "don't update"?
Yes. It should be defaulted to "not update recovery". Starting with lineage 18 you'll also be asked for that in the setup wizard (it is also default off there).

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
When I seldom having SD card checking (it takes a while) after I start phone (start from shutdown state), does it mean, I'm close to end of life of my card (SanDisk 400GB with ext4) ? it's anoying when desktop is locked due to such SD card checking for several minutes.
SD card checking on every first login after boot - yes, but only for ~5-10 seconds. In my case it's a 64GB Samsung EVO, approx. 6-7 years old. Probably not really comparable to your 400GB card. But: I never experience my phone / desktop being locked while SD card is being checked.
I'm not an SD card expert but as you write it's ext4 formatted: maybe there's something wrong with access permissions? In the worst case I'd try a backup of sd card contents to PC, then re-format and re-store. Good luck!

New builds with May 2021 ASB patches available

Hi all,
new builds are available and offered as OTA updates via the updater app.

A. Standard LineageOS 17.1 build
  • Security String 2021-05-05
  • System Webview on 90.0.4430.82

B. Pre-installed microG build variant with additional security patches
  • Bromite System webview updated to 90.0.4430.204
  • Bromite Browser updated to 90.0.4430.204
  • microG upstreamed (but no new version)
  • Update: AuroraServices 1.1.1

@115ek - please update OP/Changelog

Regards, M.

2faraway2

Apr 24, 2016
Two findings after installation the new microG build
  • Attention magisk users: For all magisk versions > 20.4 the survival script don't work, you will loose magisk / root
    I had to go back to version 20.4 in which this script still works
    Possible workaround (not tested): Flash the new build manually in TWRP and flash magisk right after the rom

• Sometimes the navigation buttons (home, back and current apps) disappear. I couldn't figure out the reason/root cause so far ... Even I recognized this issues also in the elder builds
    Anybody observed this too ???
Thanks for feedback

2faraway2

Apr 24, 2016
Another thing, silly question ...
How can I manage to put a specific app (e.g. cam) on the lock screen ? Didn't find anything in the settings ... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New builds with June 2021 ASB patches available

Hi all,
    new builds are available and soon offered as OTA updates via the updater app.

• Security String 2021-06-05
    • A few kernel patches

• Bromite System Webview and Browser updated to 91.0.4472.102
    • Upstreamed microG (0.2.19211515-9)
    • A few kernel patches

Regards, M.
    New builds with June 2021 ASB patches available

Hi all,
    new builds are available and soon offered as OTA updates via the updater app.

• A few kernel patches

• A few kernel patches

Regards, M.
    apparently the clean install back in May (post #424) has helped: this was the first update in months that ran without any hassles. Many thanks once again to everyone involved!
    This thread aims at providing LineageOS 17.1 builds for the Sony Xperia Z1 compact with current security patches.
    You can consider this thread as a successor of our LineageOS 16.0 thread, where you may also find some useful information.
    This is the joint effort of 115ek and MSe1969 (contributions welcome).

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
    */

We offer two build variants:
    This build flavor aims at providing LineageOS 17.1 "as is" with most recent security patches.
    If you want to install Google Apps (GApps) you have to use this build variant.
    GApps are optional, of course. The smaller the GApps package, the better (pico). If you want "Okay google" support you need at least nano.
    Just check the package comparison to see what fits your needs.

For the security/privacy focused (more details about below feature list, see here)
    • Pre-installed microG and F-Droid same as the LineageOS for microG project
    • Pre-installed AuroraStore
    • eSpeak TTS engine (FOSS TTS solution)
    • Bromite as default browser
    • Additional security hardening features listed below
    • Cloudflare as default fallback DNS (instead of Google)
    • Privacy-preferred default settings
    • Optional blocking of Facebook- and Google-Tracking (Settings - Network & Internet)
    • Optional disable captive portal detection or choose from various providers (default is GrapheneOS and not Google; Settings - Network & Internet)
    • Increased max. password length of 64
    • No submission of IMSI/phone number to Google/Sony when GPS is in use
    • Default hosts file with many blocked ad/tracking sites
    • Privacy-enhanced Bromite SystemWebView
    • Extra control of sensor access for additionally installed user apps (Special access under app permissions)
    • Firewall (control internet access per app - under Trust)
    • Constified JNI method tables

Status
    List template by AdrianDC
    Code:
    - Partitions (Data, Cache) : Ext4 and F2FS supported
    - Bluetooth : Ok
    - WiFi : Ok
    - WiFi Hotspot : Ok
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Ok
    - Lights : Ok
    - MicroSD : Ok
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : Ok
    - Touchscreen : Ok
    - FM Radio : Ok (mono)
    - ANT+ : Ok
    - Vibrator : Ok
    - Microphone : Ok
    - Audio & music : Ok
    - Bluetooth audio : Ok
    - MHL: broken
    - NFC : Ok
    - Kernel : Ok
    - Graphics : Ok
    - 3D Rendering : Ok
    - Clock : Ok
    - Offline Charging : Ok
    - USB : Ok
    - USB OTG : Ok
    - Encryption : Ok
    - SEPolicies : enforcing
    Limitations
    Following limitations are known:
    • NFC-HCE does not work (needed for example for google pay)
    • FM does not work in stereo mode (mono works fine, though)
    • MHL does not work
    • 5 GHz hotspot does not work (2.4 GHz hotspot works fine) (5 GHz option disabled with 2020-03-11 build as it isn't even available on stock)
    • GPS gets wrong time due to GPS week rollover since 3rd November 2019 (of importance when you record GPS tracks for example). fixed with 20200520 build
    • Using GApps AND encrypting the device may result in bootloops. More infos here.
    • Standard Trebuchet Launcher shows small artifacts in the fonts of app names in some situations.
    Download
    FAQ
    What recovery system to use?
    Please use this TWRP if you want to use OTA updates and/or encryption.

What about root access?
    Root isn't included per default (except root over adb, but it's off by default).
    If you want to gain root access to your apps use magisk (everything > 20.4 is broken):
    ANT+ isn't working?
    You need the 2 apps:
    afterwards setting proper permissions is essential!
    1. Go to Apps & Notifications -> See All Apps
    2. Select 'ANT Radio Service'
    3. Select Permissions
    4. Select Additional permissions
    5. Slide switch to allow using of ANT hardware
    This refers to those instructions which worked for me :)
    I've got problems AND have magisk/exposed installed
    We won't support anything related to magisk/exposed/other heavily system modifying things.
    If you're encountering problems please make sure you're using a clean installation (at most gapps) to verify/reproduce the issue.

Bugreports
    You'll find information about logging here.
    Please also note how you got the error or how it can be reproduced.
    Sources
    Credits
    • SpiritCroc: big thanks to him for maintaining the device trees and a lot of very useful hints
    • NeoArian: also big thanks to him ;)
    • rcstar6696
    • SuperLamic
    • drakonizer
    • AdrianDC
    • munjeni: thanks for tips and tricks
    • nailyk: thanks for tips and tricks
    • All the other contributors on sony msm8974 platform
    • LineageOS team

Installation instructions

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 17.1 for Xperia Z1 compact - amami, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors

115ek, MSe1969, SpiritCroc, NeoArian, drakonizer, rcstar6696, SuperLamic, AdrianDC, nailyk, LineageOS team
    Source Code: https://github.com/lin17-microg/local_manifests

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-12-29

Created 2019-11-22
    Last Updated 2021-06-14
    New builds with May 2021 ASB patches available

Hi all,
    new builds are available and offered as OTA updates via the updater app.

Regards, M.
    New builds with March 2021 ASB patches available

Hi all, new builds are available and offered as OTA updates via the updater app.

• Security String 2021-03-05
    • System Webview on 88.0.4324.152

• Security String 2021-03-05
    • Bromite System webview updated to 88.0.4324.207
    • Bromite Browser updated to 88.0.4324.207
    • F-Droid 1.11
    • microG 0.2.18.204714

Regards, M.
    Changelog

• ASB Security string 2021-06-05
    • A few kernel patches
    • microG build only:
    • ASB Security string 2021-05-05
    • standard build only:
    • microG build only:
    • ASB Security string 2021-04-05
    • standard build only:
      • System Webview on 89.0.4389.105
    • microG build only:
      • Bromite System webview updated to 90.0.4430.59
      • Bromite Browser updated to 90.0.4430.59
      • F-Droid 1.12
      • Update: AuroraStore 4.0.4 with AuroraServices 1.1.0
    • ASB Security string 2021-03-05
    • standard build only:
      • System Webview on 88.0.4324.152
    • microG build only:
      • Bromite System webview updated to 88.0.4324.207
      • Bromite Browser updated to 88.0.4324.207
      • F-Droid 1.11
      • microG 0.2.18.204714
    • ASB Security string 2021-02-05
    • misc. kernel patches
    • microG build only:
      • Bromite System webview updated to 88.0.4324.141
      • Bromite Browser updated to 88.0.4324.141
      • F-Droid 1.10-alpha-234
      • microG 0.2.17.204714-5
    • ASB Security string 2021-01-01
    • standard build only:
      • Kernel slightly upstreamed
      • System Webview: Fix of persistent histogram bug (eating space in some cases)
    • microG build only:
      • Bromite Webview on 87.0.4280.131
      • Updated microG from upstream to 0.2.16.204713-10 (picked until 2f29b93)
      • Updated F-Droid to 1.10-alpha1-212
    • introduce microG build variant (see this post or the OP for more information)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level December 05, 2020)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level November 05, 2020)
    • Seedvault is included officially now (inbuilt backup solution)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level October 05, 2020)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level September 05, 2020)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level August 05, 2020)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level July 05, 2020)
    • further GPS improvements
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level June 05, 2020)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level May 05, 2020)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level April 05, 2020)
    • fixed livedisplay
    • fixed OTA update URL
    • remove 5GHz hotspot option as it isn't available even on stock
    • start signing builds
    • enable OTA updates
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level March 05, 2020)
    • fixed sony bootlogo
    • fixed TWRP time bug
    • fixed buggy bootanimation
    • DRM fix (Netflix and co should work now)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level February 05, 2020)
    • SE enforcing
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level January 01, 2020)
    • initial release
    New build is up.
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level August 05, 2020)