EOL [ROM][Unofficial][10.0][signed][OTA] Lineage OS 17.1 for Xperia Z1 compact

Search This thread
Thank you for this new update.

Btw: OTA not yet available (06:00) from 20210114
Hi all, yes - it is correct, that for variant A, no OTA update is identified.
I have found the issue and pushed a fix, which will be active, when the next build is created.
Sorry about that.

This means, that if you are on the January build, you have two options:

a. Manually flash the update via TWRP

b. My recommendation - please perform the following steps
Activate "Android debugging" and "Root debugging" on your device, connect your phone to your PC and enter the following two commands:
Code:
adb root
adb shell setprop lineage.updater.uri https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lin17-microG/OTA/lineage-17.1/amami.json
Afterwards, your device will find the update.

Hello,
Thanks for your work, I'm glad to be able to use Lineage 17.1 now :) using the «A standard version».
I used to run Lineage 16.1 before, and it worked well.

I have an issue with the camera, and although some of you pointed an issue with gallery, I'm not quite sure it's the same : the video is working fine, but I can't save photos. When I click to take the photo, depending on the app [Simple Camera, Open Camera, the basic camera], it freezes or does nothing. Using Open Notes scan, results are the same.
I'm worried I'm the only one with this issue.
Maybe I missed some answers, but if you have lead me so I can run further diagnostics, I'll be glad to do so.

Have a nice day,
I can't reproduce your issue. As you state, this happens with several apps, so I could think of two reasons:
a. Try wiping cache & dalvik in TWRP
b. Have you flashed anything on top of the ROM or do you use any Magisk modules?

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
Apps & Games
Activate "Android debugging" and "Root debugging" on your device, connect your phone to your PC and enter the following two commands:

Thank you, I flashed already the update.

But I need help because I had never success with "adb root".
My adb Version 30.0.5 (Windows 10)

1. I cannot find "Root debugging" in the developer options, what is the correct German word?
2. adb root
restarting adbd as root
but I never see that this command finishes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210209-063432_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20210209-063432_Einstellungen.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 26

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
1. I cannot find "Root debugging" in the developer options, what is the correct German word?
Actually it should be there. However, I've just got a 18.1 device handy.
Perhaps it is also a problem caused by magisk. Can you do some settings in the magisk app?
I'm going to check a 17.1 build later on.
2. adb root
restarting adbd as root
but I never see that this command finishes.
So normally a dialogue will pop up on your phone's screen asking for permissions. Most times I also need to enable flie transfer mode for it to be working.

In any way: You could also do the stuff @MSe1969 mentioned in the TWRP. But you need to mount /system first. And setprop also won't work. You need to set it directly in build.prop or default.prop. However, it's a bit strange that it doesn't show up for you.

@MSe1969 Actually you're building userdebug, not user, right?

Reactions: MSe1969
Actually it should be there. However, I've just got a 18.1 device handy.
Perhaps it is also a problem caused by magisk. Can you do some settings in the magisk app?
I'm going to check a 17.1 build later on.

So normally a dialogue will pop up on your phone's screen asking for permissions. Most times I also need to enable flie transfer mode for it to be working.

In any way: You could also do the stuff @MSe1969 mentioned in the TWRP. But you need to mount /system first. And setprop also won't work. You need to set it directly in build.prop or default.prop. However, it's a bit strange that it doesn't show up for you.

@MSe1969 Actually you're building userdebug, not user, right?
The screenshot indeed shows, that this option is missing, which seems to be caused by Magisk.

What you need is a root session, when connected with your device via adb.
By the way, the reply "restarting adb as root" followed again by the command prompt is the expected answer. You can verify with "adb shell" that you have a root session (if you see the #). If you are in the root session, enter the "setprop ..." command and leave the session afterwards with "exit".

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
Apps & Games
The screenshot indeed shows, that this option is missing, which seems to be caused by Magisk.
By the way, the reply "restarting adb as root" followed again by the command prompt...

I never get a command prompt after this reply. I have to kill adb with ctrl-C or to wait until the timeout after minutes.

The " dialogue will pop up on your phone's screen asking for permissions" was appearing ofc and file transfer over usb is enabled too.

Perhaps LOS 17.1 does not recognize Magisk as a root solution and does not show this option?

I cannot use LOS 18.1 without Magisk, there is until now for me no way to install/patch it :-(

I never get a command prompt after this reply. I have to kill adb with ctrl-C or to wait until the timeout after minutes.

The " dialogue will pop up on your phone's screen asking for permissions" was appearing ofc and file transfer over usb is enabled too.

Perhaps LOS 17.1 does not recognize Magisk as a root solution and does not show this option?

I cannot use LOS 18.1 without Magisk, there is until now for me no way to install/patch it :-(
If you have Magisk, you can also do the following: Enable the terminal (developer settings), launch it, enter the command su, grant root access via Magisk when the popup appears, and then enter the "setprop" command in the terminal.
You flashed already the update, but to close the topic.

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
Apps & Games
Enable the terminal (developer settings), launch it, enter the command su, grant root access via Magisk when the popup appears, and then enter the "setprop" command in the terminal.

Thank you.
This command finished without errors :)

But now the updater does no longer find an update:
"Die Suche nach Updates ist fehlgeschlagen. Bitte überprüfen Sie die Internetverbindung".

How can I revert the setprop command without restoring my backup?
Sorry I do not understand enough :-(

In LOS 18.1 the option rooted debugging is visible, perhaps it is only forgotten in LOS 17.1 :)

Thank you.
This command finished without errors :)

But now the updater does no longer find an update:
"Die Suche nach Updates ist fehlgeschlagen. Bitte überprüfen Sie die Internetverbindung".

How can I revert the setprop command without restoring my backup?
Sorry I do not understand enough :-(

In LOS 18.1 the option rooted debugging is visible, perhaps it is only forgotten in LOS 17.1 :)
As you have already manually flashed the update, it is normal that the updater woundn't propose you any update. This is what I mentioned already in my previous post.
The root debugging option is visible also in 17.1, but I think not, if you have Magisk flashed.
I can later check the Java code to give you a precise answer.

Reactions: tramp20

yldun

Feb 3, 2021
I can't reproduce your issue. As you state, this happens with several apps, so I could think of two reasons:
a. Try wiping cache & dalvik in TWRP
b. Have you flashed anything on top of the ROM or do you use any Magisk modules?

Thank you,

I updated to february update.

a. I just did that. On first reboot, I had no more access to camera at all with Simple Camera being the most talkative "CameraAccessException : CAMERA_DISCONNECTED (2) : Camera service is currently unavailable"
After rebooting, it's back to "normal". While I was playing around to check it was indeed the same (video recording is ok, I can switch between front and back camera, I can't save photo), I noticed an error : there is a small cam icon on top right, indicating the ressource "Camera" is used, I forced all cam' apps to close, but the icon is still here, preventing other use. I checked permissions, but nothing odd there.

b. since I picked version "A", I flashed pico opengapps on top of that. But no Magisk.
On Lineage 16.1, I did have Magisk installed.
I don't remember doing anything specific on my previous installation, but I don't do it so often, is there anything I could check to see if something is odd ?

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
@yldun
Do you were on the latest official firmware sony released before installing lineage?
This would be 14.6.A.1.236 I think.

The final consequence to solve the issue would be a clean flash. So if you can afford it, this would be the fastest solution.

yldun

Feb 3, 2021
@yldun
Do you were on the latest official firmware sony released before installing lineage?
This would be 14.6.A.1.236 I think.

The final consequence to solve the issue would be a clean flash. So if you can afford it, this would be the fastest solution.

Err, I don't know. Can I check it now somewhere (not in LOS system I think) ? And eventually upgrade the firmware ?

By clean flash you mean reinstall LOS 17.1 one more time or (if this makes sense) does it involve trying to set the official Kitkat rom first ?

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Err, I don't know. Can I check it now somewhere (not in LOS system I think) ? And eventually upgrade the firmware ?
Unfortunately I don't know a way to check it directly.
Maybe someone else here has an idea.
By the way: the last official firmware was Lollipop on the Z1 compact.
You could flash it with the flashtool for example.
For getting the firmware have a look here.

By clean flash you mean reinstall LOS 17.1 one more time or (if this makes sense) does it involve trying to set the official Kitkat rom first ?
One time is enough. With clean flash I mean wiping /data, /system, and /cache before the installation.

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
At least not in general: I'm running latest Magisk, and on my device the adb root option is showing (and working as well):

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210210-090043_Magisk_Manager.png
    Screenshot_20210210-090043_Magisk_Manager.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20210210-090128_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20210210-090128_Einstellungen.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 32

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
Hi all, yes - it is correct, that for variant A, no OTA update is identified.
I have found the issue and pushed a fix, which will be active, when the next build is created.
Sorry about that.

This means, that if you are on the January build, you have two options:

a. Manually flash the update via TWRP

b. My recommendation - please perform the following steps
Code:
adb root
adb shell setprop lineage.updater.uri https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lin17-microG/OTA/lineage-17.1/amami.json
Afterwards, your device will find the update.
Tried this, but ended up in a loop, showing the boot animation for some time until I forced the device to shut down (longest time I waited was well over 10 minutes).
What I did:
- ran your adb command then found the update through OTA; downloaded and installed. After install was finished ended up in the loop
- forced the device to shutdown, booted again to system ==> boot loop
- forced shutdown, then booted into TWRP; downloaded the update from SourceForge (via PC), then pushed the image to the device, then flashed the update from TWRP; cleaned DALVIK/Cache, tried to boot to system ==> boot loop
- another forced shutdown and boot into TWRP; restored latest Nandroid (from just before the OTA attempt) ==> now I'm back in system

Let me know if you need more info; if it's a log please tell me which one you need (after all these years flashing Android devices I still cannot remember which log is needed for what, and where/how I can get which; sorry for that :oops:)

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
I have 3 Z1c with the same Magisk version, LOS 17.1 and almost the same apps (to test) and no "adb root" option :-(
Do you have "debugging app" checked?
Look at my Screenshot, those are the checked options. Plus marked "file transfer" in the USB options while connecting device to pc.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting your issues. Just wanted to clarify that Magisk alone cannot be responsible for that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This thread is discontinued - please visit the LineageOS 18.1 sucessor thread

This thread aims at providing LineageOS 17.1 builds for the Sony Xperia Z1 compact with current security patches.
    You can consider this thread as a successor of our LineageOS 16.0 thread, where you may also find some useful information.
    This is the joint effort of 115ek and MSe1969 (contributions welcome).

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
    */

We offer two build variants:
    A. Standard LineageOS 17.1 build
    This build flavor aims at providing LineageOS 17.1 "as is" with most recent security patches.
    If you want to install Google Apps (GApps) you have to use this build variant.
    GApps are optional, of course. The smaller the GApps package, the better (pico). If you want "Okay google" support you need at least nano.
    Just check the package comparison to see what fits your needs.

B. Pre-installed microG build variant with additional security patches
    For the security/privacy focused (more details about below feature list, see here)
    • Pre-installed microG and F-Droid same as the LineageOS for microG project
    • Pre-installed AuroraStore
    • eSpeak TTS engine (FOSS TTS solution)
    • Bromite as default browser
    • Additional security hardening features listed below
    • Cloudflare as default fallback DNS (instead of Google)
    • Privacy-preferred default settings
    • Optional blocking of Facebook- and Google-Tracking (Settings - Network & Internet)
    • Optional disable captive portal detection or choose from various providers (default is GrapheneOS and not Google; Settings - Network & Internet)
    • Increased max. password length of 64
    • No submission of IMSI/phone number to Google/Sony when GPS is in use
    • Default hosts file with many blocked ad/tracking sites
    • Privacy-enhanced Bromite SystemWebView
    • Extra control of sensor access for additionally installed user apps (Special access under app permissions)
    • Firewall (control internet access per app - under Trust)
    • Constified JNI method tables

Status
    List template by AdrianDC
    Code:
    - Partitions (Data, Cache) : Ext4 and F2FS supported
    - Bluetooth : Ok
    - WiFi : Ok
    - WiFi Hotspot : Ok
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Ok
    - Lights : Ok
    - MicroSD : Ok
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : Ok
    - Touchscreen : Ok
    - FM Radio : Ok (mono)
    - ANT+ : Ok
    - Vibrator : Ok
    - Microphone : Ok
    - Audio & music : Ok
    - Bluetooth audio : Ok
    - MHL: broken
    - NFC : Ok
    - Kernel : Ok
    - Graphics : Ok
    - 3D Rendering : Ok
    - Clock : Ok
    - Offline Charging : Ok
    - USB : Ok
    - USB OTG : Ok
    - Encryption : Ok
    - SEPolicies : enforcing
    Limitations
    Following limitations are known:
    • NFC-HCE does not work (needed for example for google pay)
    • FM does not work in stereo mode (mono works fine, though)
    • MHL does not work
    • 5 GHz hotspot does not work (2.4 GHz hotspot works fine) (5 GHz option disabled with 2020-03-11 build as it isn't even available on stock)
    • GPS gets wrong time due to GPS week rollover since 3rd November 2019 (of importance when you record GPS tracks for example). fixed with 20200520 build
    • Using GApps AND encrypting the device may result in bootloops. More infos here.
    • Standard Trebuchet Launcher shows small artifacts in the fonts of app names in some situations.
    Download
    FAQ
    What recovery system to use?
    Please use this TWRP if you want to use OTA updates and/or encryption.

What about root access?
    Root isn't included per default (except root over adb, but it's off by default).
    If you want to gain root access to your apps use magisk (everything > 20.4 is broken):
    ANT+ isn't working?
    You need the 2 apps:
    afterwards setting proper permissions is essential!
    1. Go to Apps & Notifications -> See All Apps
    2. Select 'ANT Radio Service'
    3. Select Permissions
    4. Select Additional permissions
    5. Slide switch to allow using of ANT hardware
    This refers to those instructions which worked for me :)
    I've got problems AND have magisk/exposed installed
    We won't support anything related to magisk/exposed/other heavily system modifying things.
    If you're encountering problems please make sure you're using a clean installation (at most gapps) to verify/reproduce the issue.

Bugreports
    You'll find information about logging here.
    Please also note how you got the error or how it can be reproduced.
    Sources
    Credits
    • SpiritCroc: big thanks to him for maintaining the device trees and a lot of very useful hints
    • NeoArian: also big thanks to him ;)
    • rcstar6696
    • SuperLamic
    • drakonizer
    • AdrianDC
    • munjeni: thanks for tips and tricks
    • nailyk: thanks for tips and tricks
    • All the other contributors on sony msm8974 platform
    • LineageOS team

Installation instructions

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 17.1 for Xperia Z1 compact - amami, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors

115ek, MSe1969, SpiritCroc, NeoArian, drakonizer, rcstar6696, SuperLamic, AdrianDC, nailyk, LineageOS team
    Source Code: https://github.com/lin17-microg/local_manifests

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-12-29

Created 2019-11-22
    Last Updated 2021-10-11
    New builds with July 2021 ASB patches available

Hi all,
    new builds are available and already offered as OTA updates via the updater app.

• Security String 2021-07-05
    • System Webview updated to 91.0.4472.101
    • Kernel: Many sec. patches applied (taken from Divest-OS, thanks to @SkewedZeppelin)

• Security String 2021-07-05
    • Bromite System Webview and Browser updated to 91.0.4472.146
    • Kernel: Many sec. patches applied (taken from Divest-OS, thanks to @SkewedZeppelin)
    • microG 0.2.21.212158-2
    • AuroraStore 4.0.7

@115ek - please update OP/Changelog

Regards, M.
    New builds with May 2021 ASB patches available

Hi all,
    new builds are available and offered as OTA updates via the updater app.

• Security String 2021-05-05
    • System Webview on 90.0.4430.82

• Security String 2021-05-05
    • Bromite System webview updated to 90.0.4430.204
    • Bromite Browser updated to 90.0.4430.204
    • microG upstreamed (but no new version)
    • Update: AuroraServices 1.1.1

Regards, M.
    EOL
    Hi all, as no comment / reaction to the final builds has been posted, I assume that all is fine with those builds.
    Instructions and recommendations to upgrade have been provided. So time to declare officially the EOL of this thread. Thanks for your interest and see you in our 18.1 successor thread.
    New builds with September 2021 ASB patches available

Hi all,
    new builds are available and are already offered as OTA updates via the updater app.

• Security String 2021-09-05
    • Kernel: Further sec. patches applied (Divest-OS)

• Security String 2021-09-05
    • Kernel: Further sec. patches applied (Divest-OS)
    • microG 0.2.22.212658-2

Regards, M.