• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][TB-X704F/L] LineageOS 17.1 for Lenovo Tab4 10 Plus

Search This thread

Tirofog

Dec 6, 2011
Try 'pm disable-user --user 0 org.lineageos.snap'

Please don't ask me where I got this, do that yourself ;)

Last edited:

kirknado18

Oct 18, 2018

kirknado18

Oct 18, 2018
It works - I'm assuming you preceded the code with the su command to give root admin rights...
Nope tried it again does not work for me

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Yes I typed su first common sense

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

It don't work I get Java exception error failed

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

User is unknown package. Java lang.illegal argumentexception so your wrong . Don't send stuff that doesnt work

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

User is unknown package. Java lang.illegal argumentexception so your wrong . Don't send stuff that doesnt work
Try exactly what you sent me on your tablet I bet it doesn't work. I know I'm right.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Try exactly what you sent me on your tablet I bet it doesn't work. I know I'm right.
If it works post a screenshot here to prove it but it doesn't work on mine

Tirofog

Dec 6, 2011
If it works post a screenshot here to prove it but it doesn't work on mine
If you insist..
Your posts say different things ie Java exception, unknown package, then in original post failed to delete lineages* package.. ?
So.. either you're not rooted, haven't granted your terminal app root access, the package is not installed, or pilot error lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200629-203850_Terminal.png
    Screenshot_20200629-203850_Terminal.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot_20200629-203935_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200629-203935_Settings.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: Nuclear Blast

kirknado18

Oct 18, 2018
If you insist..
Your posts say different things ie Java exception, unknown package, then in original post failed to delete lineages* package.. ?
So.. either you're not rooted, haven't granted your terminal app root access, the package is not installed, or pilot error lol
User is is an unknown package and yes I'm rooted and I'm not a newb. The Java exception is "user" user is an unknown package and I'm not gona keep trying to flash something that don't work. Camera settings to disable is greyed out in settings probly why it can't be disabled in terminal. Use to be able to disable camera in settings after most recent update of klineage 17.1 you cant

no_se

Jun 11, 2020
Siegburg
Now i use a x704L,every thing works well.but the voice is too low

I must miss something very obvious:
Trying to install LineagOS on TB-X704L

I have seen the stock setup screen several times now, but I can't seem to boot into TWRP. I did that once before with the same kind of device. Now the only difference I seem to remember from last time is:
I did not setup any wifi/mobile connection after the factory reset, nor fingerprints or google accounts.

Is that required?
Or did I miss something else.

OEM unlocking, USB debugging is active
I installed TWRP via APK from local file: me.twrp.twrpapp-26.apk
enabled root permissions
I did not allow flashing to boot partition

./adb reboot bootloader

reboots the device and shows:
Fastboot mode
Product_Name
Secure Boot - enabled
Device state - locked

Last edited:

kirknado18

Oct 18, 2018
Now i use a x704L,every thing works well.but the voice is too low

I must miss something very obvious:
Trying to install LineagOS on TB-X704L

I have seen the stock setup screen several times now, but I can't seem to boot into TWRP. I did that once before with the same kind of device. Now the only difference I seem to remember from last time is:
I did not setup any wifi/mobile connection after the factory reset, nor fingerprints or google accounts.

Is that required?
Or did I miss something else.

OEM unlocking, USB debugging is active
I installed TWRP via APK from local file: me.twrp.twrpapp-26.apk
enabled root permissions
I did not allow flashing to boot partition

./adb reboot bootloader

reboots the device and shows:
Fastboot mode
Product_Name
Secure Boot - enabled
Device state - locked
Your bootloader is locked bro you can't install it. You need to unlock bootloader first and install twrp through adb

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Your bootloader is locked bro you can't install it. You need to unlock bootloader first and install twrp through adb
Then you can install it

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Then you can install it
How to unlock bootloader. Put tablet into fastboot mode. Make sure USB debugging is on and OEM unlock is on in developer settings first. Go to your adb in the c drive of windows make sure to copy twrp IMG to folder now press shift key and right click d pad. Where it says opened power shell click on it. You are in adb folder now type fastboot devices. Your device code should show up your good. Type fastboot OEM unlock press enter. On your phone it ask do you want to unlock bootloader use volume keys scroll to yes click it press power. Your now unlocked. Let device reboot and set up gain. Reboot back into fast boot mode time to flash twrp. Now rename your twrp IMG file to recovery.IMG. Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img press enter. If successful this'd will flash twrp onto your device. When done manually reboot to recovery mode use volume keys to select recovery mode click power to reboot. Your in recovery now wipe your device and flash lineage is and proper gapps wipe davlik and reboot done.

Tirofog

Dec 6, 2011
I am rooted with magisk 20.4 stable and I did grant su
Someone thanked my last post so presumably it worked for them also, as my screenshots show.
Input 'pm list packages' and check if org.lineageos.snap is listed. If so, then the code I gave you will work. Tell me exactly what you get when you enter 'pm disable-user --user 0 org.lineageos.snap'

kirknado18

Oct 18, 2018
Someone thanked my last post so presumably it worked for them also, as my screenshots show.
Input 'pm list packages' and check if org.lineageos.snap is listed. If so, then the code I gave you will work. Tell me exactly what you get when you enter 'pm disable-user --user 0 org.lineageos.snap'
It is listed believe it or not but it didn't work for me don't what to tell ya. Failed transaction 2147483646 look it up for me and tell me what it means

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

It is listed believe it or not but it didn't work for me don't what to tell ya. Failed transaction 2147483646 look it up for me and tell me what it means
I typed exactly as shown too

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

I typed exactly as shown too
I tried 4 or 5 times and it finally worked thanks

nasim banafa

Dec 12, 2013
I can't for the life of me find the change log can someone give me a link. I'm following this rom since the beginning and waiting for a stable version to flash, but icant even know whether its stable yet or not.

kirknado18

Oct 18, 2018
Glad you got it sorted ?
Which gcam are you using, can you kindly share the link pls?
I'm using gcam 7.3

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Check YouTube for links not hard to find

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

I'm using gcam 7.3

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

I wish there were android 10 ROMs for this tablet

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

I'm using gcam 7.3

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

I wish there were android 10 ROMs for this tablet
More android 10 roms

gene2

Dec 8, 2014
I have the TB-X704F (Wifi) and have installed LineageOS 10 together with OpenGAPPS. When the OS starts for teh first time i have to set up fingerprint (together with pattern or pin or password). There is no option to skip this. I don't want to use fingerprint - never. How can i skip this?

A few month ago i've already tested LineageOS 10 on this Tablet i can't remeber to this? At that time it was a little bit buggy.

kirknado18

Oct 18, 2018
I have the TB-X704F (Wifi) and have installed LineageOS 10 together with OpenGAPPS. When the OS starts for teh first time i have to set up fingerprint (together with pattern or pin or password). There is no option to skip this. I don't want to use fingerprint - never. How can i skip this?

A few month ago i've already tested LineageOS 10 on this Tablet i can't remeber to this? At that time it was a little bit buggy.
Yes you can skip this. In set up look in lower left-hand corner there's an x click to skip

Googole

Jun 6, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Sometimes, my tablet gets stuck and shuts down automatically and restarts again.
Can you please fix this in the next build @codeworcx

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

I can't for the life of me find the change log can someone give me a link. I'm following this rom since the beginning and waiting for a stable version to flash, but icant even know whether its stable yet or not.
It's now stable for daily use

Reactions: Nuclear Blast

wilvanwil

Jan 27, 2013
Haarlem

I also thought I couldn't skip the fingerprint part, but, if you choose the first option, after that, you will still get the option to skip the fingerprint part.

wilvanwil

Jan 27, 2013
Haarlem
phew...... already had checked, what next tablet I was going to order... but after 2,5 days of trying and trying, I got it to work! Android 10 and at least google play... First impression is that it is working fine... Hope my daughter will not be mad as all her apps needed to be reinstalled ;)
Movies/youtube/bluetooth/casting seem to work fine, gaming I need to hear from her...
The tablet had the sudden restart issue, had it repaired under warranty, but the issue came back after warranty period.... not often, but one or 2 times a week...out of the blue. Hope this helps it solving it...

(TB-X704F (Wifi)) Lenovo Tab4 10 Plus
Anyway, after the instructions I got Lineage 17 installed fairly quick, not sure if I already installed the Lenovo drivers before, but from the start I got connected to my PC quickly. I must say the after installing fastboot and adb on my PC, that works fine with the TWRP. Just paste the prompt in the command file on the PC, and TWRP will show on the tablet.(make sure the TWRP image file is in the same install directory on your PC as the fastboot and adb files).

https://www.getdroidtips.com/android-10-lenovo-tab-4-10-plus/ (the part where it states you need to get twrp on your tablet is not needed when you get connected to your pc))
https://forum.xda-developers.com/thinkpad-tablet/general/twrp-root-tab-4-plus-tb-x704l-f-tb-t3664407

The first time I had not installed the Google apps...(missed the part you need to install gapps or similar before rebooting). And I could not find a way to get the play store on the tablet... errors when using a downloaded apk... So wanted to restart allover.... Rebooted, cleared all I think, but didn't get the image loaded again.. TWRP just kept trying, but not doing anything... Retried, retried... retried several things, but nothing anymore, so frustrated I used the official Lenovo site(Rescue and Smart Assistant (LMSA), https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/...er-list/component?name=Software and Utilities )

to get the official rom back on. Thart worked partially, but then after rebooting the tablet wouldn't finish the first setup, after 27 seconds, it would freeze and restart. Frustrated again. But, when I got in the boot menu(hold power and vol+ button pushed together), at least I was seeing on my pc there was some sort of setup done. I was able to copy files to the internal storage.
After a couple tries though, I decided to get the image files of lineage 17 and opengapps on a microsd card, so I wouldn't have to copy them anymore, I was able to easily find the SD storage in TWRP.

So for anyone who thinks your tablet will not going to work anymore because it's only rebooting, or not going to get through the first install, there is hope! :)

(as I tried so many things, I''m not 100% sure the order of all I did in the following is as I state, there was no need for me to install SuperSu or TWRP on my tablet, I have not used SuperSu at all, and TWRP gets loaded on the tablet from my PC, the link to the "root" instructions(steps 1-5) helps you to start TWRP from your PC, also make sure to do the OEM UNLOCK part!)

So as a last resort, I went into fast bootmode, then to Recovery mode, there I did Wipe Cache, then Wipe Data Factory reset, then I did mount system.
Then I did reboot to bootloader. I connected TWRP again(via PC, command prompt), and I took info from several websites... sorry for the safety, but I did not care about the OTA part, I did not care about a back up anymore, and I first wanted to "clear" all from the tablet, and hope to get it going finally.
I'm pretty sure I did not reboot it to system anymore, just to the fast boot mode/bootloader(keep pushing power button and vol+).

IF TWRP MIGHT GET STUCK SOMEWHERE IN THE PROCESS(NOT RESPONDING ANYMORE), ONLY REBOOT TO BOOTLOADER BY PUSHING POWER AND VOLUME+ UNTILL THE BOOTLOADER MENU APPEARS. Then load TWRP from your pc again.

TWRP: Make sure to untick the "auto reboot" in the general settings. Do everything in the settings to prevent auto reboot.

In TWRP I went to the WIPE menu, Advanced wipe, selected everything except usb or SD card storage.(so system, data, internal storage, cache etc.). Swipe to wipe. (no reboot)
Also do "Format Data" where you need to enter "yes". Check everything except external/sd storage.
Do NOT REBOOT.
Then to the Mount menu, I mounted the data, the system, cache, dalvik, vendor, AND I UNTICKED the Read only part. Then you push "Select Storage", and I selected Internal Storage. Back. (remember no rebooting!!!)

Then go to Install, Select storage, in my case the SD card, select the Lineage OS17 zip file, and swipe to confirm to flash it.
DO NOT REBOOT YET, otherwise your Google apps will not get loaded!!!
Shouldn't take too long, go back, and then also flash the Open Gapps(or any compatible Google apps zip file you have)

Then after that one, reboot, and keep your fingers crossed....
Keep trying, I was almost throwing the tablet out of the window, but it worked for me finally, and so far so good :)))

(1st thing I noticed in Android 10, in the Storage menu, there's an option to move data/apps to SD card in one go.. you don't have to do it app by app... it will detect and move it for you ... keeps the internal storage more free than before... nice)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I just uploaded a new build that includes the October 2021 security patches to AndroidFileHost. It should be possible to dirty flash the ROM over the existing LOS 17.1 build from codeworkx or me, which I again just did successfully.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

SCREENSHOTS

3rd PARTY ADDONS/MODS
    While we have no issues with people using supersu/magisk/xposed/custom kernels/etc, we can't provide support for users who have them installed.
    This thread is not the right place to discuss about mods/addons.

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS
    - Upgrade to latest available official firmware
    - Upgrade to latest available TWRP
    - Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)
    - Copy the LineageOS zip to internal sdcard.
    - Unlock bootloader and install TWRP.
    - Boot into TWRP.
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)
    - RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset! No support if you didn't!
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (see Downloads)
    - Reboot

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Update the Google Apps addon package if it is installed on your current LineageOS version.
    - Reboot

HOW TO UPGRADE LINEAGEOS FROM LOWER VERSION
    - Upgrade to latest available official firmware
    - Upgrade to latest available TWRP
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Update the Google Apps addon package if it was installed on your previous LineageOS version.
    - Reboot

DOWNLOADS
    LineageOS 17.1: AFH | Sourceforge
    LineageOS 17.0: AFH | Sourceforge
    Migration-Tools: AFH (Unofficial->Official, Official->Unofficial)
    SU-Addon: Official | Unofficial
    Google Apps: http://opengapps.org/ | BETA
    TWRP: XDA Thread

DEVELOPER RESOURCES
    https://github.com/lineageos/android_device_lenovo_TBX704
    https://github.com/lineageos/android_device_lenovo_tb-common
    https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953
    https://github.com/lenovo-devs/proprietary_vendor_lenovo

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE?
    Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/
    Here we go again, after building LOS 17.1 last weekend, it's LOS 18.1 this weekend. Thinking back, Lenovo didn't release a single major update for this device.

Screenshot_20210425-043143_Settings.png

From very brief testing, I can say that the camera and fingerprint scanner do not work. I will test the new OS in detail in the next few days and then create a separate thread soon.
    new build up.

- bluetooth should work now
    - selinux enforced
    new build of lineageos 17.1 uploaded to AFH.