[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][TB-X704F/L] LineageOS 17.1 for Lenovo Tab4 10 Plus

Search This thread

fadern

Aug 15, 2014
Stockholm
Hi, I'm not able to unlock the bootloader are there any guides available?
I've tried to flash twrp but I get this, so i guess I need to unlock it...

Code:
C:\Users\Karl>adb reboot bootloader
* daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
* daemon started successfully

C:\Users\Karl>fastboot flash recovery C:\Users\Karl\Desktop\temp\lenovo\twrp-3.7.0_9-0-X704F.img
Sending 'recovery' (29866 KB)                      OKAY [  2.203s]
Writing 'recovery'                                 FAILED (remote: 'Partition flashing is not allowed')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Ecthelion4

Apr 14, 2017
Hi, I'm not able to unlock the bootloader are there any guides available?
I've tried to flash twrp but I get this, so i guess I need to unlock it...

Code:
C:\Users\Karl>adb reboot bootloader
* daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
* daemon started successfully

C:\Users\Karl>fastboot flash recovery C:\Users\Karl\Desktop\temp\lenovo\twrp-3.7.0_9-0-X704F.img
Sending 'recovery' (29866 KB)                      OKAY [  2.203s]
Writing 'recovery'                                 FAILED (remote: 'Partition flashing is not allowed')
fastboot: error: Command failed
There's the instructions on the official TWRP site. I probably used these when I first installed TWRP on my Tab 4 10 Pro.

fadern

Aug 15, 2014
Stockholm
There's the instructions on the official TWRP site. I probably used these when I first installed TWRP on my Tab 4 10 Pro.
After some desperate googling i found one more (fastboot oem unlock-go) unlock command and now its working.
I used these steps.

1. Prepering files

a) Place files on internal storage:
Rom = lineage-17.1-20221011-UNOFFICIAL-TBX704.zip
Gapps = open_gapps-arm64-10.0-pico-20220215.zip

2. UNLOCKNG THE BOOTLOADER

a) Enable Developer Options (Systems --> About --> Tap "Build Number" 10 times)
b) Tap OEM unlock to enable it
c) Open command prompt.
d) In cmd prompt type without quotes then hit enter: "adb reboot bootloader"
e) In cmd prompt type without quotes then hit enter: "fastboot oem unlock-go"
f) The device will reset and reboot automatically.

g) Don't close cmd prompt and KEEP device connected to computer

3. INSTALLING TWRP (CUSTOM RECOVERY)

a) Copy the twrp-3.7.0_9-0-X704F.img into the Android ADB folder
b) In cmd prompt type without quotes then hit enter: "adb reboot bootloader"
c) In cmd prompt type without quotes then hit enter: "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.7.0_9-0-X704F.img"
d) In cmd prompt type without quotes then hit enter: "fastboot boot twrp-3.7.0_9-0-X704F.img"
e) Wait for it to boot into TWRP

*** Tablet can now be disconnected from computer ***

4. Install

b) Wipe device (not internal storage)
c) Navigate internal storage to folder that contained the files and Flash Rom, Gapps.
d) Reboot device

7wells

Hello! Does anyone of you have problems with adding a Google account? When I try it, the screen where I should enter the user's email address hangs and then force-closes.

Everything else seems to work fine (incl. OpenGApps 18.1 stock for arm64), but maybe OpenGApps is the culprit.

fadern

Aug 15, 2014
Stockholm
Hello! Does anyone of you have problems with adding a Google account? When I try it, the screen where I should enter the user's email address hangs and then force-closes.

Everything else seems to work fine (incl. OpenGApps 18.1 stock for arm64), but maybe OpenGApps is the culprit.
Hi, no it's working as expected. I did use pico gapps.

otto-xda

Nov 25, 2019
My Lenovo TBX704F has been running pretty nice on the last LineageOS17.1 systems except of showing two problems:

• Sometimes when surfing and clicking on some “special” icon the system only shows me the picture of the icon but does not connect me with the content behind the icon I want to see.
  • Charging the device only works when the device is switched on.
Both faults appeared soon after installing one of the first LineageOS17.1 systems. Meanwhile the last update from Ecthelion4 is running.
Does anybody have an idea how to fix these two problems?

Ecthelion4

Apr 14, 2017
I haven't noticed the two issues you reported, otto-xda. Anyone else having the same issues?

P.S.: I have a new build containing the November 2022 security fixes ready, but ATM I can't upload to AndroidFileHost. Will try again the next days.

Ecthelion4

Apr 14, 2017
Hi,

I finally uploaded a new build that includes the November 2022 security patches to AndroidFileHost. It should be possible to dirty flash the ROM over the existing LOS 17.1 build from codeworkx or me, which I again did successfully some days ago.

Sorry, but the download doesn't work. I'm trying to re-upload the file, but until now AndroidFileHost won't let me.

Last edited:

Ecthelion4

Apr 14, 2017
Cheers, unfortunately its only showing an 84mb file from the mirrors...
Yes, I'm also getting this. All mirrors are showing only a 84mb file - which is completely useless :-(. In the file manager view where I'm seeing all my uploaded files on AndroidFileHost it shows the correct size of 598mb. So currently I don't know whether it helps if I try uploading again. But I think I'll do this because it seems the only chance to get it fixed.

dwmdt

Nov 26, 2022
Thx a lot for your submissions and building the image with the new patches. I am looking forward to download your freshest release in a while.

Btw virustotal detects in 1 of fourty x scans 1x a dropper, but nevermind. I am just lamentatin'.

My current image works well, i randomly and in less times habe instant reboots and 1/99 times there is no charge while connecting to power source.

Thx dude :)

otto-xda

Nov 25, 2019
LineageOS klick does not work kl.jpg
LineageOS issues
View attachment 5782547
I haven't noticed the two issues you reported, otto-xda. Anyone else having the same issues?

P.S.: I have a new build containing the November 2022 security fixes ready, but ATM I can't upload to AndroidFileHost. Will try again the next days.
Regarding my link issue:
My Xiaomi smartphone is running on LineageOS 18.1, and it just fails to connect me with the content of exactly the same “special” links where my Lenovo Tab with LineageOS 17.1 always fails. The picture shows one example.
So there seems to be a general Lineage problem or an incompatibility of Lineage with some special links?

Last edited:

Ecthelion4

Apr 14, 2017
View attachment 5782547

Regarding my link issue:
My Xiaomi smartphone is running on LineageOS 18.1, and it just fails to connect me with the content of exactly the same “special” links where my Lenovo Tab with LineageOS 17.1 always fails. The picture shows one example.
So there seems to be a general Lineage problem or an incompatibility of Lineage with some special links?
Sorry for the late reply. Hard to tell whether this is an LOS issue. Does it work on any non-LOS Android smartphone that you might have or have had? Or perhaps it's a browser issue. Don't know whether the browser you're using on LOS is different from that one you're using on your PC, or is it both Chrome?

Ecthelion4

Apr 14, 2017
Happy New Year!

I just uploaded a new build that includes the December 2022 security patches to AndroidFileHost. It should be possible to dirty flash the ROM over the existing LOS 17.1 build from codeworkx or me, which I again just did successfully.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

SCREENSHOTS

3rd PARTY ADDONS/MODS
    While we have no issues with people using supersu/magisk/xposed/custom kernels/etc, we can't provide support for users who have them installed.
    This thread is not the right place to discuss about mods/addons.

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS
    - Upgrade to latest available official firmware
    - Upgrade to latest available TWRP
    - Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)
    - Copy the LineageOS zip to internal sdcard.
    - Unlock bootloader and install TWRP.
    - Boot into TWRP.
    - Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)
    - RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset! No support if you didn't!
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (see Downloads)
    - Reboot

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Update the Google Apps addon package if it is installed on your current LineageOS version.
    - Reboot

HOW TO UPGRADE LINEAGEOS FROM LOWER VERSION
    - Upgrade to latest available official firmware
    - Upgrade to latest available TWRP
    - Flash LineageOS.
    - Update the Google Apps addon package if it was installed on your previous LineageOS version.
    - Reboot

DOWNLOADS
    LineageOS 17.1: AFH | Sourceforge
    LineageOS 17.0: AFH | Sourceforge
    Migration-Tools: AFH (Unofficial->Official, Official->Unofficial)
    SU-Addon: Official | Unofficial
    Google Apps: http://opengapps.org/ | BETA
    TWRP: XDA Thread

DEVELOPER RESOURCES
    https://github.com/lineageos/android_device_lenovo_TBX704
    https://github.com/lineageos/android_device_lenovo_tb-common
    https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953
    https://github.com/lenovo-devs/proprietary_vendor_lenovo

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE?
    Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/
    Here we go again, after building LOS 17.1 last weekend, it's LOS 18.1 this weekend. Thinking back, Lenovo didn't release a single major update for this device.

Screenshot_20210425-043143_Settings.png

From very brief testing, I can say that the camera and fingerprint scanner do not work. I will test the new OS in detail in the next few days and then create a separate thread soon.
    new build up.

- bluetooth should work now
    - selinux enforced
    new build of lineageos 17.1 uploaded to AFH.