• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][tb8504f/x] crDroid 6.x for Lenovo TAB4 8

Search This thread

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Hi, I got this tablet recently and I managed to get TWRP working but by my fault made a system wipe. Problem is my device is shown as tb_8504X , this underscore is preventing me from installing update. I tried changing updater-script and rezipping but TWRP gives Invalid zip file format error. I tried several times, different zip methods, different software etc. All fail.
I got stuck here just because of a typo...
Use QFIL and flash the latest firmware, the latest one should end with 31...

adazem009

Hi, I got this tablet recently and I managed to get TWRP working but by my fault made a system wipe. Problem is my device is shown as tb_8504X , this underscore is preventing me from installing update. I tried changing updater-script and rezipping but TWRP gives Invalid zip file format error. I tried several times, different zip methods, different software etc. All fail.
I got stuck here just because of a typo...
I think that's a problem with the TWRP build you're using. Try to flash the ROM in a different TWRP.

Krakkr901

Apr 20, 2020
I am unable to boot is there any step missing from installation process same thing happened with me on both rr and crdroid I am stuck on boot animation after rebooting help me please do I need to do anything after installing the rom zip?

Krakkr901

Apr 20, 2020
You should format the data partition in twrp
Did that I am still not able to boot the rom I am coming from stock installed twrp and wiped everything except boot and sd card then I installed rr but it stuck on boot animation then I tried to boot rr with gapps Pico arm64 10 still fail then I downloaded crdroid same problem persist even tho I do clean flash everytime did I do something wrong ? Twrp version 3.2.3-0

Last edited:

adazem009

Did that I am still not able to boot the rom I am coming from stock installed twrp and wiped everything except boot and sd card then I installed rr but it stuck on boot animation then I tried to boot rr with gapps Pico arm64 10 still fail then I downloaded crdroid same problem persist even tho I do clean flash everytime did I do something wrong ? Twrp version 3.2.3-0
You're probably still using Android N firmware. Make sure to upgrade to Oreo first.

Ajeem Ahmad

Aug 17, 2020
I don't know if this will help but you can try flashing magisk and then disable force encryption and dm verity by zip from here, sometime rom does not boot in my tab too after clean flash, this usually fix that.

First of all ensure that you are on oreo firmaware(latest)
Use 3.3.1.1 twrp
Advance format and format cache,delvick cache,system,data
Install rom than flash gapps(preferred pico) ,magisk(optional)

Sep 19, 2021
LUCKNOW
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/10.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
  • Boot a custom recovery
  • Format data, cache and system
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash GApps (optional)
  • Flash Magisk for root (optional)
  • Reboot

Update installation:
  • Boot a custom recovery
  • Flash new build
  • Reboot

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Device sources: https://github.com/TB8504

Download:
ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ad...droid-10.0-20210731-TB8504-v6.20.zip/download

Known issues:
  • Screen recorder crashes SystemUI.
  • VoLTE doesn't work.
  • WiFi and Bluetooth don't work on SOME devices (there's a high chance your device won't have this issue).

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid Community Telegram
My device show its tb_8504x so i get error 7 while flashing.Removing error by by editing update-script file let me to flash rom but after flashing wifi gets off and cannot connect to any network, wifi mac address is also missing.

Sep 19, 2021
LUCKNOW
After flashing custom rom crDroid in TB-8504X WiFi and Bluetooth problem occur, after flashing first screen message Bluetooth stopped working and WiFi never turn on.
i have to reflash official lenovo device rom to make WiFi and Bluetooth to work again.
Does anyone have solution of this problem.

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
After flashing custom rom crDroid in TB-8504X WiFi and Bluetooth problem occur, after flashing first screen message Bluetooth stopped working and WiFi never turn on.
i have to reflash official lenovo device rom to make WiFi and Bluetooth to work again.
Does anyone have solution of this problem.
First flash lineage os 16 after that boot los 16, setup the device, the wifi and Bluetooth will work, after they work in los 16, then flash this rom, (installing los 16 fixes wifi Mac address and other things)

Aug 1, 2016
Hey Rom is amazing but for some reasons I want to switch back to Stock Rom ,, I tried using Rescue and Smart Assistant tool and succeed but wifi is not working ,, although when I again flash this Rom wifi is working ,,, why wifi not working in stock rom ,, any help !!!

Top Liked Posts