[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][tb8504f/x] LineageOS 17.1 for Lenovo TAB4 8

Search This thread

highwaystar_ru

Sep 17, 2016
http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What works:
Calls/SMS/Mobile data
Wifi
Bluetooth
GPS
Camera
Audio
FM radio
WLAN and USB tethering
Broken
You tell me

Source code:
device : https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_device_lenovo_TB8504, https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_device_lenovo_tb-common/tree/lineage-17.1-msm8937
kernel: https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953/tree/lineage-17.1-tbx304
vendor: https://github.com/lenovo-devs/proprietary_vendor_lenovo/tree/lineage-17.1-msm8937

2021-04-08
  • Initial release
mailru: lineage-17.1-20210408-UNOFFICIAL-TB8504.zip
gdrive: lineage-17.1-20210408-UNOFFICIAL-TB8504.zip

Previous versions:

How to install
You have to had TWRP installed from this thread TWRP and ROOT for Tab 4 8/10 (Plus) (TB-8704X/F/V,TB-X704L/F, TB-8504X/F, TB-X304L/F or one from link below

In TWRP clean Data if you coming from stock ROM and do Install of this ROM. If you have android 8 stock rom installed you have to format Data with data loss, because used encryption is incompatible with android 7.1

TWRP
Built from omnirom android 9.0 source (twrp 3.3.1), includes same kernel as Lineage build, with support for pstore (kernel logs after crash), exfat, ntfs, reboot to EDL mode.
mailru: twrp-3.3.1-1-TB8504.img
gdrive: twrp-3.3.1-1-TB8504.img

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][tb8504f/x] LineageOS 17.1 for Lenovo TAB4 8, ROM for the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet

Contributors
highwaystar_ru
Source Code: https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953/tree/lineage-17.1-tbx304

ROM OS Version: 10.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOs

Version Information

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
Everything works so far,but, I can't get audio in calls, I fixed this in the pie ROM by editing the build.prop file, but this method isn't working in this ROM for some reason...

Last edited:

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
I took a logcat when trying to call, I will attatch it below, hope it helps...
Edit: Incoming calls do work flawlessly, only the outgoing calls aren't working...
Edit2: @adazem009 reckons that is an issue with acdb after looking at the logs posted by me...

Attachments

• output.txt
    925.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
Can confirm that outgoing calls are consistently broken, I even restored my tab to the latest firmware using qfil, so, corrupted firmware isn't the reason, also, the stock Android 8 ROM is the one I rolled back to, just to start from scratch so that there are no corrupted firmware files, also, just curious, initially I updated from lineage os 16 to 17.1 by erasing data and system partition and then flashing the los package, is this method correct too?

Last edited:

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
good morning. how to do? I installed from scratch, 17.1 with gapps PiCO. and bluetooth does not work. write in detail how to do it?
I too did the same, my Bluetooth is fine, also, did you flash the arm64 Android 10 gapps?
Edit: What is the problem with Bluetooth, for example is it losing connection all the time, not turning on at all or...? Also, just curious, are outgoing calls working for you, I can only get incoming calls for some reason...

mvv1969

Mar 5, 2017
I too did the same, my Bluetooth is fine, also, did you flash the arm64 Android 10 gapps?
Edit: What is the problem with Bluetooth, for example is it losing connection all the time, not turning on at all or...? Also, just curious, are outgoing calls working for you, I can only get incoming calls for some reason...
yes, arm64, 10, PICO! and bluetooth does not work. And my calls are ok.

Attachments

• IMG-20210413-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210413-WA0000.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 138

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
yes, arm64, 10, PICO! and bluetooth does not work. And my calls are ok.
Check if you disabled com. android.providers.contacts(contacts providers), this most commonly happens due to this app being disabled, also, are outgoing calls working for you?
Edit: Also, try clearing the Bluetooth app data and cache...

Last edited:

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
Another bug found:-
The ims implementation on this rom seems to be broken since, VoLTE and VoWiFI aren't available, and even after installing the Voenabler magisk module, it remains the same, VoLTE and VoWiFi were working in the lineage os 16 build...(they still work upon installing the Los 16 build...)

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
I will try to go back to 16 and then update without changing anything...
I will report back with the results... (In an hour)

Top Liked Posts