[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][tb8504f/x] Resurrection Remix OS for Lenovo TAB4 8

Search This thread

ZONTAC

Which firmware are you on? (Post the version number) I'm on the latest 0031 based stock firmware and the calls (outgoing) don't work on LOS 17.1 based roms, also, I'm pretty sure that the dev removed a file that's responsible for outgoing , so, I'm not really sure how outgoing works for you, so, please provide the firmware version so that I can install it and test it myself and also to see if the outgoing calls work...
Build no. rr_TB8504-userdebug 10 QQ3A.200905.001 eng.contro.20210519.144927 test-keys
Firmware : TB_8504X_USR_S001024_1909061423_Q12000_ROW_SVC

Last edited:

ZONTAC

I tried to install this but ended up in a bootloop stuck on the RR logo (for over an hour). I tried going back to stock using the Lenovo rescue tool, which mostly works, but the tablet no longer has any Wifi. Any suggestions? I'm hoping reflashing the boot.img would help but I can't find a copy of that file anywhere -- if anyone can provide that I'd really appreciate it... thanks
i had faced similar problem( wifi mac address 02:00:00:00:00) when i flashed stock rom(through lenovo assistant) after a bootloop, than i again flashed custom rom(lineage 16 in my case) and wifi start working but wifi mac address changed to different one, than i again revert back to stock rom and everything working fine , i hope it will work for you, (currently i am using RR ROM).

Reactions: jfbaudio

ZONTAC

Hey dev. My tablet shows green thumbnail instead of showing video thumbnail☹️☹️
I have faced same problem in all custom rom available for tb-8504x

Screenshot_20210525-230710504 (1).jpg

jfbaudio

i had faced similar problem( wifi mac address 02:00:00:00:00) when i flashed stock rom(through lenovo assistant) after a bootloop, than i again flashed custom rom(lineage 16 in my case) and wifi start working but wifi mac address changed to different one, than i again revert back to stock rom and everything working fine , i hope it will work for you, (currently i am using RR ROM).
Will definitely try this and let you know!

EDIT - I went back and reinstalled RR, and this time it worked, Wifi is also back. It's an odd MAC address but I can live with it, I think there's a way to fix that if I need to, thankfully I still have the old MAC address noted down somewhere. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

ImTherious

Dec 8, 2013
Will definitely try this and let you know!

EDIT - I went back and reinstalled RR, and this time it worked, Wifi is also back. It's an odd MAC address but I can live with it, I think there's a way to fix that if I need to, thankfully I still have the old MAC address noted down somewhere. Thanks for your help!
My steps were:
- tried Lineage 17.1 + nano GApps, but had boot loops.
- tried RR + pico GApps, and things started to work properly.
- tried Lineage 17.1 + pico GApps, and had boot loop again.
- have stayed with RR + pico now.

I have not felt the need to go back to stock...

jfbaudio

I will say one thing though, I think my bootloop issues were caused by rooting with Magisk. I got the tablet working again, and as soon as I fashed a Magisked boot img, it went into another bootloop. Had to reflash again from scratch and once again that fixed the problem. So this may be a one-off but rooting this tablet appears to be too risky for me right now

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
I will say one thing though, I think my bootloop issues were caused by rooting with Magisk. I got the tablet working again, and as soon as I fashed a Magisked boot img, it went into another bootloop. Had to reflash again from scratch and once again that fixed the problem. So this may be a one-off but rooting this tablet appears to be too risky for me right now
Just use the magisk zip file, root works just fine, I'm not sure why your device doesn't boot, but, just download the Canary version of magisk and flash the . Zip in recovery

Aryan@123

Dec 16, 2018
Great Rom No Issues And Incoming And Outgoing Call Working Properly In LOS And This Rom Also Great Rom Please Make Android 11 Rom For Lenovo Tab 4 8

Reactions: Saarthak Saran

Saarthak Saran

May 29, 2021
rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix Q

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome

combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

Bugs:

• SELinux permissive - temporary fix for WiFi and Bluetooth.
  • Same issues as in LineageOS 17.1 builds - audio in calls doesn't work, you need this patch in /system/build.prop; after this fix only incoming call audio works.
  • Double tap to wake (broken in all ROMs)

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
Boot into recovery
Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
Device Source
Common Device Source
Kernel Source
Vendor Tree

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
LineageOs Team
AICP
Crdroid
AOSIP
DU
Xtended
Evolution X
Bliss
Omni Team

@highwaystar_ru

And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users
Join our Telegram channel : https://t.me/resurrectionremixchat

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

rrsocial.png

Device: Lenovo TAB4 8 (TB-8504X and TB-8504F)
Best rom i have ever flashed ✌🏻

adazem009

Please Build Pixel Experience Or Havoc Or Evolution X Rom For This Tab Of Android 10 Please
Pixel Experience: No security patches.
Havoc-OS: No security patches and I've already tried to build it. SIM cards weren't recognized.
EvolutionX: No security patches.
It seems RR and LineageOS are the only custom ROMs that still have Android 10 support.
I should focus on LineageOS 18.1 instead.

Reactions: XAedgeS

Aryan@123

Dec 16, 2018
Pixel Experience: No security patches.
Havoc-OS: No security patches and I've already tried to build it. SIM cards weren't recognized.
EvolutionX: No security patches.
It seems RR and LineageOS are the only custom ROMs that still have Android 10 support.
I should focus on LineageOS 18.1 instead.
Sir Please Give Me Your Telegram Username And Yes Focus On Android 11 Of RR And Lineage OS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix Q

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome

combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

Bugs:

• Same issues as in LineageOS 17.1 builds - VoLTE doesn't appear in settings.
    • Double tap to wake (broken in all ROMs).
    • Screen recorder doesn't always work.

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Sources

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    AICP
    Crdroid
    AOSIP
    DU
    Xtended
    Evolution X
    Bliss
    Omni Team

@highwaystar_ru

And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users
    Join our Telegram channel : https://t.me/resurrectionremixchat

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

rrsocial.png

Device: Lenovo TAB4 8 (TB-8504X and TB-8504F)
    @adazem009 , may I ask the exact specs of your tablet just in case?

Mine is TB-8504X, have sim slot LTE.

Snapdragon 425, 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage, 5MP back camera (I think there is a 8MP variant).
    Same (5 MP back camera)
    @adazem009 @Hausemaster Fantastic job! I've loaded it on my 8504F.

Only issue I can find was on initial start, I declined the face unlock, and that prevented my going any further. I rebooted, and reflashed, but it kept saying I needed app permissions...

So I flashed LineageOS 17.1 (which has never worked for me - caused a boot loop), then re-flashed Resurrection and this time accepted face unlock.

And now, it feels like I have a brand new tablet!

Thanks guys!.
    You're welcome :)
    Next build is probably going to come next week. It's going to fix screen recording.
    Update - 05/20/2021
    Download

• May 2021 security patches
    Can you provide me with a link of twrp
    This twrp works the best, credits to @highwaystar_ru for it...