[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][tb8504f/x] Resurrection Remix OS for Lenovo TAB4 8

Search This thread

djdubw

Oct 29, 2013
Nexus 7 (2013)
Disregard. TIL it matters what base image I have installed 😂

After upgrading to Oreo stock in recovery and then back to your RR image BT is working beautifully

XAedgeS

Jan 19, 2017
Hi @adazem009 , I think I might found some bug.
1. The status bar has a black box around it on the upper part when in portrait mode like the screenshot I attached below.
Screenshot_20210611-115631_Nova_Launcher.png

2. Ramdomly, the edit panel in the notification bar will not show up anything. Also, the nav bar probably glitch out with it too.
Screenshot_20210611-120431_Nova_Launcher.png

And I have a bit of a suggestion:
1. Can you like make a setting we can make the speaker a bit louder or such? I feel like the speaker is a bit smaller than on stock rom with Dobly, speacially when use the Volume Leveler in Dobly.
2. The dark mode switch should be in Display setting so it more easier to find, it took me 15 mins yesterday to found that. :D

Thank you so much for reading and please answer me. And thank you for making and maintaining this great ROM.

Edit: I also have the problem with green thumbnail, but only video got that green thumbnail, photo still normal, and it affect all apps.

ZONTAC

1. The status bar has a black box around it on the upper part when in portrait mode like the screenshot I attached below.
View attachment 5335283
2. Ramdomly, the edit panel in the notification bar will not show up anything. Also, the nav bar probably glitch out with it too.
View attachment 5335287

1. Can you like make a setting we can make the speaker a bit louder or such? I feel like the speaker is a bit smaller than on stock rom with Dobly, speacially when use the Volume Leveler in Dobly.
2. The dark mode switch should be in Display setting so it more easier to find, it took me 15 mins yesterday to found that. :D

Thank you so much for reading and please answer me. And thank you for making and maintaining this great ROM.

Edit: I also have the problem with green thumbnail, but only video got that green thumbnail, photo still normal, and it affect all apps.
For louder speaker you should try Viper4android ( ainur narsil makes sounds morere precise with viper4android)
Viper4android also works in fm radio.

Reactions: XAedgeS

XAedgeS

Jan 19, 2017
My package installer often went crazy and not really work, either crash or stuck (show in notification center with a notification as: uninstalling <app name>, if I restart then it will go black completely and will not go back normally, and also hold down the power button will restart it but really slow so probably it boot to something, EDL for example, not like cold shut down.

XAedgeS

Jan 19, 2017
Yes i have this exact problem too, this happens sometime out of the blue.
also during this time messages on whatsapp stop both incoming and outgoing.
Try wipe cache/dalvik partition in TWRP, I tried that one and seem like the problem got solved. But truly, it happened just randomly, even on random app.

adazem009

View attachment 5335283
View attachment 5335287

These bugs are ROM-specific, nothing I can change in the device sources. But volume changing should be possible. I think I've seen it somewhere in the device tree before.

• Wow

XAedgeS

Jan 19, 2017
These bugs are ROM-specific, nothing I can change in the device sources. But volume changing should be possible. I think I've seen it somewhere in the device tree before.
So those are specific to RR, or LineageOS 17 also have those thing?
My package installer often went crazy and not really work, either crash or stuck (show in notification center with a notification as: uninstalling <app name>, if I restart then it will go black completely and will not go back normally, and also hold down the power button will restart it but really slow so probably it boot to something, EDL for example, not like cold shut down.
And as this happen pretty randomly, you have any idea for that?

And can this tablet like overclock CPU or GPU? Did the kernel have any of that ability?

Thank you so much for reply. :D

adazem009

So those are specific to RR, or LineageOS 17 also have those thing?

And as this happen pretty randomly, you have any idea for that?

And can this tablet like overclock CPU or GPU? Did the kernel have any of that ability?

Thank you so much for reply. :D
I think they're specific to RR. RR is full of customization options, which on some devices makes the battery life and performance worse. (probably because of some crashing processes)

I'm not sure if overclocking is supported there. I've never tried it anyway.

• Haha

XAedgeS

Jan 19, 2017
I think they're specific to RR. RR is full of customization options, which on some devices makes the battery life and performance worse. (probably because of some crashing processes)

Thanks for reply, and again, the dark mode automatic by sunset and sunrise function is kinda not work for me too, I think it also a bug of RR right? Since if I recall correctly, LineageOS don't have that function.

ZONTAC

Whenever i change fm radio channel from notification panel ,it still shows
Previous channel name(frequency name) 😑 but actually channel changed.
Is there any fix because i generally change channels from notification panel.

XAedgeS

Jan 19, 2017

I hopefully this will be a bug you can fix, whenever I plug in the headphone via 3.5mm jack, the tablet will stuck in headphone mode even when I remove the headphone (speaker would not work) until I restart the device. Can you check that? Thank you.

adazem009

I hopefully this will be a bug you can fix, whenever I plug in the headphone via 3.5mm jack, the tablet will stuck in headphone mode even when I remove the headphone (speaker would not work) until I restart the device. Can you check that? Thank you.
Sure, I'll try that. If you find more bugs, please test if it happens in LineageOS 17.1 too. It'll help determine if it's RR specific.

XAedgeS

Jan 19, 2017
Sure, I'll try that. If you find more bugs, please test if it happens in LineageOS 17.1 too. It'll help determine if it's RR specific.
Alright, I can confirm that it also happens in LineageOS 17.1, so not RR specific (probably?).

Edit: Hot damn, I'm not sure, but I also tried on Lineage 16.0, and it also happens.

Last edited:

adazem009

Alright, I can confirm that it also happens in LineageOS 17.1, so not RR specific (probably?).

Edit: Hot damn, I'm not sure, but I also tried on Lineage 16.0, and it also happens.
I've tried it on my TB-8504X and it doesn't happen for me. Audio starts working when I disconnect the headphones. Which firmware are you on? Try S001031.

• Wow

XAedgeS

Jan 19, 2017
I've tried it on my TB-8504X and it doesn't happen for me. Audio starts working when I disconnect the headphones. Which firmware are you on? Try S001031.
TB_8504X_USR_S001031_1912041525_Q12000_ROW

This is the version I'm currently use, but I use Lenovo tool to get back to stock, is that a bad idea? And I don't know why but Qfil refuse to recognize my tablet, so that's why I had to use Lenovo tool, does this tablet need some kinda of specific USB driver?

And when I back to stock, it work as normal as I want, plug in headphone -> headphone have sound, pull the jack out -> speaker have sound, on both RR and Lineage then speaker wouldn't have sound.

Last edited:

adazem009

TB_8504X_USR_S001031_1912041525_Q12000_ROW

This is the version I'm currently use, but I use Lenovo tool to get back to stock, is that a bad idea? And I don't know why but Qfil refuse to recognize my tablet, so that's why I had to use Lenovo tool, does this tablet need some kinda of specific USB driver?

And when I back to stock, it work as normal as I want, plug in headphone -> headphone have sound, pull the jack out -> speaker have sound, on both RR and Lineage then speaker wouldn't have sound.
I'm not sure what could be causing it. It works fine on my device (in RR). Maybe a `logcat` will tell more...

XAedgeS

Jan 19, 2017
I'm not sure what could be causing it. It works fine on my device (in RR). Maybe a `logcat` will tell more...
Here is the log, I did exactly like this:
1. Turn on music on speaker -> Sound from speaker works normally.
2. Plug in the headphone to 3.5mm jack -> Sound stop from speaker, sound start in headphone (normally).
3. Pull out the headphone -> Sound does not return to speaker, stuck in headphone mode (even when I turn the volume up, it appear the high volume thingy which supposed for headphone), plug in headphone again don't make headphone have sound too.

And I'm back on RR right now, tested on RR.

adazem009

Here is the log, I did exactly like this:
1. Turn on music on speaker -> Sound from speaker works normally.
2. Plug in the headphone to 3.5mm jack -> Sound stop from speaker, sound start in headphone (normally).
3. Pull out the headphone -> Sound does not return to speaker, stuck in headphone mode (even when I turn the volume up, it appear the high volume thingy which supposed for headphone), plug in headphone again don't make headphone have sound too.

And I'm back on RR right now, tested on RR.
Thank you, I'll try to compare it with my device.

XAedgeS

Jan 19, 2017
@adazem009 , may I ask the exact specs of your tablet just in case?

Mine is TB-8504X, have sim slot LTE.

Snapdragon 425, 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage, 5MP back camera (I think there is a 8MP variant).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix Q

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome

combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

Bugs:

• Same issues as in LineageOS 17.1 builds - VoLTE doesn't appear in settings.
    • Double tap to wake (broken in all ROMs).
    • Screen recorder doesn't always work.

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Sources

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    AICP
    Crdroid
    AOSIP
    DU
    Xtended
    Evolution X
    Bliss
    Omni Team

@highwaystar_ru

And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users
    Join our Telegram channel : https://t.me/resurrectionremixchat

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

rrsocial.png

Device: Lenovo TAB4 8 (TB-8504X and TB-8504F)
    @adazem009 , may I ask the exact specs of your tablet just in case?

Mine is TB-8504X, have sim slot LTE.

Snapdragon 425, 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage, 5MP back camera (I think there is a 8MP variant).
    Same (5 MP back camera)
    @adazem009 @Hausemaster Fantastic job! I've loaded it on my 8504F.

Only issue I can find was on initial start, I declined the face unlock, and that prevented my going any further. I rebooted, and reflashed, but it kept saying I needed app permissions...

So I flashed LineageOS 17.1 (which has never worked for me - caused a boot loop), then re-flashed Resurrection and this time accepted face unlock.

And now, it feels like I have a brand new tablet!

Thanks guys!.
    You're welcome :)
    Next build is probably going to come next week. It's going to fix screen recording.
    Update - 05/20/2021
    Download

• May 2021 security patches
    Can you provide me with a link of twrp
    This twrp works the best, credits to @highwaystar_ru for it...