[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][tb8504f/x] Resurrection Remix OS for Lenovo TAB4 8

Search This thread

OvenCrate

Sep 18, 2014
Budapest
Samsung Galaxy S10e
what am i doing wrong here ?
There's a typo in the META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script file. The 5th line is the following:
Code:
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "tb_8504" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "tb_8504" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: TB-8504X,TB-8504F,tb-8504x,tb-8504f,tb_8504; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););
Notice that "tb_8504" is listed twice. One of those should be "tb_8504x." I edited mine locally and it installed successfully. @adazem009 you should fix the upload.

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
There's a typo in the META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script file. The 5th line is the following:
Code:
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "tb_8504" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "tb_8504" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: TB-8504X,TB-8504F,tb-8504x,tb-8504f,tb_8504; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););
Notice that "tb_8504" is listed twice. One of those should be "tb_8504x." I edited mine locally and it installed successfully. @adazem009 you should fix the upload.
This issue isn't present in the latest firmware for this device, download it from here https://firmwarefile.com/lenovo-tab-4-8-tb-8504x
Download the S001031 version, then start up qfil and put the device in edl mode, hold both volume up and down buttons before connecting to PC or just reboot to edl from twrp, then it'll install the for!ware and you'll be ready to go from that point

Grimripper_07

Jul 15, 2021
It doesn't go any further after this can anyone help me

Attachments

• 16263437326761110146622177081652.jpg
    16263437326761110146622177081652.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 41

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
It doesn't go any further after this can anyone help me
How long did you let it run? And also make sure that your recovery is up to date... And also make sure that the installation zip file isn't corrupted, it it's corrupted, it'll get stuck in the same fashion just re-download the rom and try again, and if still it remains the same, start from scratch (flash the stock firmware, then unlock bootloader and try installing this rom...
Edit: Are you using a keyboard and mouse in the recovery or is the cursor persistent at all times...
Edit 2: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/3zrE/32DtrcBpE
You can download the latest recovery from these links, and the developer of the recovery is @highwaystar_ru the above links are from the los 17.1 thread for this device...

Last edited:

Grimripper_07

Jul 15, 2021
How long did you let it run? And also make sure that your recovery is up to date... And also make sure that the installation zip file isn't corrupted, it it's corrupted, it'll get stuck in the same fashion just re-download the rom and try again, and if still it remains the same, start from scratch (flash the stock firmware, then unlock bootloader and try installing this rom...
Edit: Are you using a keyboard and mouse in the recovery or is the cursor persistent at all times...
You can download the latest recovery from these links, and the developer of the recovery is @highwaystar_ru the above links are from the los 17.1 thread for this device..
You can download the latest recovery from these links, and the developer of the recovery is @highwaystar_ru the above links are from the los 17.1 thread for this device...

Do you use discord or anything. I think I need your guidance

adazem009

Code:
I think it's correct, the first command checks if ro.product.device is tb_8504. If that fails, it goes to the second command, which compares ro.build.product. If even that fails, it calls the abort command.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix Q

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome

combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

Bugs:

• Same issues as in LineageOS 17.1 builds - VoLTE doesn't appear in settings.
    • Double tap to wake (broken in all ROMs).
    • Screen recorder doesn't always work.

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Sources

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    AICP
    Crdroid
    AOSIP
    DU
    Xtended
    Evolution X
    Bliss
    Omni Team

@highwaystar_ru

And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users
    Join our Telegram channel : https://t.me/resurrectionremixchat

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

rrsocial.png

Device: Lenovo TAB4 8 (TB-8504X and TB-8504F)
    @adazem009 , may I ask the exact specs of your tablet just in case?

Mine is TB-8504X, have sim slot LTE.

Snapdragon 425, 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage, 5MP back camera (I think there is a 8MP variant).
    Same (5 MP back camera)
    @adazem009 @Hausemaster Fantastic job! I've loaded it on my 8504F.

Only issue I can find was on initial start, I declined the face unlock, and that prevented my going any further. I rebooted, and reflashed, but it kept saying I needed app permissions...

So I flashed LineageOS 17.1 (which has never worked for me - caused a boot loop), then re-flashed Resurrection and this time accepted face unlock.

And now, it feels like I have a brand new tablet!

Thanks guys!.
    You're welcome :)
    Next build is probably going to come next week. It's going to fix screen recording.
    Update - 05/20/2021
    Download

• May 2021 security patches
    Can you provide me with a link of twrp
    This twrp works the best, credits to @highwaystar_ru for it...