[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][tb8703f/x/r/n] LineageOS 17.1 for Lenovo TAB 3 8 plus P8

Search This thread

danko2

Sep 20, 2020
Issues on Wifi only

I have flashed lineage-17.1-20200906-UNOFFICIAL-TB8703 on my 8703F wifi only.
After sign boot the system is booting successfully but it smees i have got an WLAN/Bluetooth issue.
The Bluetooth app is crashing and WLAN can`t be activated.
The same problem appears with lineage-17.1-20200331-UNOFFICIAL-TB8703.

What is the problem?

cu danko2

Last edited:

deverassilva

Feb 5, 2016
games crashed

games have crashed after a while, the screen is shaking and crashing.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

mainly the game Tales of wind

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

crashing games. mainly the game Tales of wind.

engineerhb

Jan 18, 2016
Thanks for the great ROM, except from some random restart here and there it is working very smooth on my wifi version.
I noticed two things, 1. when I choose gesture navigation the bottom part just remains black so in applications the system doesn't use the bottom area. 2. It's not possible to modify to change the smallest width value under development settings.

Last edited:

Troublicious

Sep 21, 2010
First of all, thank you for the job! Everything works fine with me, except for one thing: wifi! Indeed, randomly, several times a minute, the latency climbs in an arrow to exceed several hundred ms, see more than 1000 at certain times! I notice this while pinging my router, or just playing Clash Royal =). I had no problem with LOS 15 on the same tablet… am I the only one who has this? I have the 4G version. Thank you in advance !

Reythor

Nov 29, 2020
Hello everyone.
I installed the ROM yesterday and am happy with it.
I only have one problem (for now). The Play Store appears to me in English and Spanish. Certain parts appear in English, and other parts in Spanish. I'd like to put it all in Spanish, but I haven't gotten it yet.
I have also seen that it is not updated (the Play Store). When I click on Settings -> Play Store version (version 22.8.42-21 [0] [PR] 342741419 is installed), a window appears saying that there is a new version of it and that it will be downloaded and installed, but it does not.
Any ideas how to fix both problems?
Thank you!

Mhden2x

Sep 11, 2012
Hello everyone.
I installed the ROM yesterday and am happy with it.
I only have one problem (for now). The Play Store appears to me in English and Spanish. Certain parts appear in English, and other parts in Spanish. I'd like to put it all in Spanish, but I haven't gotten it yet.
I have also seen that it is not updated (the Play Store). When I click on Settings -> Play Store version (version 22.8.42-21 [0] [PR] 342741419 is installed), a window appears saying that there is a new version of it and that it will be downloaded and installed, but it does not.
Any ideas how to fix both problems?
Thank you!
The language thing happens to me on an other device lately. It has to do with the gapps you install, did you flash opengapps? Latest versions for some reason install playstore only in English. Maybe it has to do with the package or it is a bug that doesn't recognise the default language of the ROM. So the solution for me was to flash older versions of opengapps (nano gapps 20201010 worked) and then update through playstore any apps that needed to be updated.
Now, about updating Playstore itself, it always happens like this, it says that "it will be downloaded and installed", but I never understood what the next step should be: force close playstore so it is not being used and get updated? or press home and let it update in the background? I think it will be updated eventually if you leave the device alone for like 10 mins :p

PS: Is wifi working for you on this ROM? Many users have reported wifi drops when the device sleeps or the screen is turned off.

Reactions: Reythor

mastercccc

Jul 5, 2018
I have installed the version of Havoc-OS-v3.11-20201204-TB8703-Unofficial.NORIL.zip and after launching the message to upload vendor.img appears. Everything seems to be normal. How to upload this vendor and where to download it?

Reythor

Nov 29, 2020
The language thing happens to me on an other device lately. It has to do with the gapps you install, did you flash opengapps? Latest versions for some reason install playstore only in English. Maybe it has to do with the package or it is a bug that doesn't recognise the default language of the ROM. So the solution for me was to flash older versions of opengapps (nano gapps 20201010 worked) and then update through playstore any apps that needed to be updated.
Now, about updating Playstore itself, it always happens like this, it says that "it will be downloaded and installed", but I never understood what the next step should be: force close playstore so it is not being used and get updated? or press home and let it update in the background? I think it will be updated eventually if you leave the device alone for like 10 mins :p

PS: Is wifi working for you on this ROM? Many users have reported wifi drops when the device sleeps or the screen is turned off.
Well, it seems that the issue of the Play Store has finally been solved.

The other day she updated herself, without my having to do anything, and finally all the texts appear in Spanish.

Regarding what you ask me about the Wifi issue, I will tell you that it works well for me, without failures or cuts. I have it connected to the router through the 5 Ghz band and without problems for now.

Thanks for everything!!

Reactions: Mhden2x

rj2k

Sep 6, 2012
Hi,
Followed every steps of installation guide and installed with no issues whatsover.
Thanks for reviving my "old" ex-android 6 lenovo tablet!

Italico

Dec 9, 2013
Just wanted to say thanks a ton to the Dev: my parents are super happy with the tablet!
Everything works perfectly, and I got none of the problems regarding wireless connection on the WiFi only model.

rauliordache

Sep 13, 2017
I found a very annoying bug (I don't know if it's Android 10 related or Lineage OS).

Everything started with setting a pattern screen lock (and then with a PIN lock) required for a banking app.
  • Huge drain of battery, even when it was off (70% in the night, and 55% in the morning ) - not related to the battery controller or the app (the same issue after uninstalling it)
  • Random restarts (most often when unlocking...)
  • A "virus" like behavior: camera failure ("failed to open camera camera may be in use by another application android").
Uninstalling the app had no effect. Furthermore, trying to unset the screen lock to ,,None" was impossible: The device requested the PIN on boot, even after disabling the PIN...

A clean install of Lineage (Wipe System/Data/Cache/Dalvik) did not disable the PIN - even TWRP has required it afterwards.

Flashing the stock ROM and then the Lineage have solved the problem.

Because the banking app has no issues on any other devices, I'm sure that "playing" with screen lock settings was the problem.

The bug report didn't clarify the problem.

Reactions: obvious

Sangean

Jun 1, 2016
Budapest
Hi!

With stock ROM I sometimes face the issue of losing WIFI connection. Do I understand correctly that this issue is still experienced on this custom rom?

Also the auto screen off/wake based on the tablet case does not work, right?

donny02

Mar 19, 2011
Also the auto screen off/wake based on the tablet case does not work, right?
Screen wake when opening case does work for me. Only case close does not turn screen off.

I tried the app smart flip cover. That helped, but had to be running all the time. So now, I just press the button before closing.

May 16, 2016
Duesseldorf
I just updated my tab 3 8 LTE and it works like charm. Before, I had a lot of issues regarding missing RAM or Flash Memory and your LineageOS works perfectly with the 2GB Ram and 16GB Flash.

The only thing not working:

After changing the display size ("Anzeigegroesse" in german) the desktop orientation is always portrait even holding the tab in landscape orientation. The menu is on the left side instead of the bottom.

I use two accounts on one tablet and the effect shows on both accs. It is not reversible.

Last edited:

moses_dx

Aug 23, 2014
This one seems to be very troublesome, better stick to android 9 which is working like a charm in my tab. Still is good to see more development for this forgotten device

Top Liked Posts