• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][tb8704f/x/v] LineageOS 17.1 for Lenovo TAB 4 8 plus

Search This thread

lancebuks

Mar 29, 2012
Yokosuka
Does the new image contain also updated code from the lineageos main tree, or it is the same image from 2020.06.01 with the flag as false?
Yes my builds contain updated code from lineageOS main tree.
The only differences between my build and highwaystar_ru is that I forked his device tb-common source and made the following changes:
https://github.com/lancebukkake/android_device_lenovo_tb-common/blob/lineage-17.1/vendor_prop.mk#L7 which fixes the video issue
https://github.com/lancebukkake/and...mon/blob/lineage-17.1/prebuilt/bin/deunify.sh which fixes the bootloop issue for TB-8704F

If you're wondering if my builds contain up-to-date security patches then yes they do, I compile new builds after the LOS team merges them.
I've attached a screenshot for the about page showing that the Security patch level is July 5, 2020.

Attachments

• Settings.png
    Settings.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

climent

Oct 25, 2015
If you're wondering if my builds contain up-to-date security patches then yes they do, I compile new builds after the LOS team merges them.
I've attached a screenshot for the about page showing that the Security patch level is July 5, 2020.

Thanks for the reply. Is there any documented procedure to update an already flashed tablet with your images?

Thanks!

climent

Oct 25, 2015
Assuming that you're already running LOS 17.1 Just wipe the Cache and Dalvik / ART Cache and flash this build. Use my updated TWRP as it's been compiled using the latest available kernel for TB-8704.

I flashed the build and it did not boot correctly. I had to reimage the kernel for the TB-8704V device model as stated in the initial post, and now it boots.

I did not, however, wipe the Cache/Dalvik/ART Cache before flashing. It is possible that was the problem, so I will give it another try.

lancebuks

Mar 29, 2012
Yokosuka
I flashed the build and it did not boot correctly. I had to reimage the kernel for the TB-8704V device model as stated in the initial post, and now it boots.

I did not, however, wipe the Cache/Dalvik/ART Cache before flashing. It is possible that was the problem, so I will give it another try.
I don't have the TB-8704V but I believe you need to flash boot-los17.1-tb8704v-20200531.img afterwards each time.
Not wiping the cache shouldn't be an issue - I just do it as a force of habit

hunnia41

Apr 16, 2015
Does the new image contain also updated code from the lineageos main tree, or it is the same image from 2020.06.01 with the flag as false?
I flashed
lineage-17.1-20200725-UNOFFICIAL-TB8704.zip over highwaystar system. To boot, I neeeded a factory reset. (data wipe) everything seemed to work, but video playing in viki ans netflix played in snail speed. kmplayer and I assume vlc played a video file without problem. highwaystar 17.1 playes without problem too.
I assume that lineage-17.1-20200725-UNOFFICIAL-TB8704.zip has in it audio.deep_buffer.media=false, so that cannot be the problem

lancebuks

Mar 29, 2012
Yokosuka
I flashed
lineage-17.1-20200725-UNOFFICIAL-TB8704.zip over highwaystar system. To boot, I neeeded a factory reset. (data wipe) everything seemed to work, but video playing in viki ans netflix played in snail speed. kmplayer and I assume vlc played a video file without problem. highwaystar 17.1 playes without problem too.
I assume that lineage-17.1-20200725-UNOFFICIAL-TB8704.zip has in it audio.deep_buffer.media=false, so that cannot be the problem
Strange - Netflix and Viki plays fine for me. VLC also plays fine.
Yes lineage-17.1-20200725-UNOFFICIAL-TB8704 has audio.deep_buffer.media=false

harykx

Oct 8, 2014
Bluetooth crashing

Hello, I upgraded my TB-8704X with stock rom to lineage-17.1-20200725-UNOFFICIAL-TB8704 + gapps mini. It works really nice, only have a problem with bluetooth. When I turn it on, I get repeated window popups saying that bluetooth application keeps crashing and bluetooth remains turned off. I tried to clear com.android.bluetooth cache/data, but it did not help. Anyone experienced this ?

ashu.droid

Jun 29, 2018
Hi, I compiled a new build which contains audio.deep_buffer.media=false

https://mega.nz/folder/0ZV2SSbC#HjNloMp7OsJpB93H_zdIMw

Nothing changed, whatsapp videos are still not playable (in TB8704X) in the app and sometimes in this build the lockscreen overlaps homescreen when pressed power button and everything freezes and fingerprint also stops working had to restart the device. Also if possible please add a screenshot qs tile in next build. Thank you

Jul 26, 2020
I've uploaded new version, this should resolve issue with 8704f, please try and report if it works or not. Full adb logcat output on boot are welcome too.

2020-06-01
  • Fixed issue running on 8704F (WiFi version)

I has no removing telephony apps after installation on WiFi only tablet.

Hi.Is this rom supports lenovo tab 4 8 tb8504x?
or if not can you please make this device supported in next update?

mad4some

Dec 10, 2012
East TN
Ok, some troubleshooting: When I was running 7.1 and 9.0 and turned on bluetooth, it would instantly turn on my previously paired Denon receiver and automatically set it to bluetooth. When I am running 10, I get nothing :(......it will not do anything, won't turn it on, won't even re-pair if the receiver is already on, I now have to select the receiver in bluetooth settings and choose "connect" every freaking time. Anyone know of a solution??? Thanks

kc12

Aug 10, 2013
I tried this ROM out for a week or so. I went back to LOS 16. I flashed Lancebuk's July security patch. A few things that happened to me.

There is a constant large amount of RAM being used. Even when I didn't have any apps open I never had more than 178 mb of RAM available out of 3.5 gb. Maybe that's not an issue? IDK. but my apps opened extremely slow. Extremely. maybe I'm impatient... in comparison, when using LOS16 I never had more than 1.6-1.8 gb of RAM being used.
Also, If I clicked a notification to open an app it goes to a White screen and freezes. I have to open recents and close the app to clear it. Same if I'm in chrome and click a link to something I have an app installed for it can't open the app. It freezes on a white screen.
WiFi is constantly connecting and disconnecting between 5ghz and 2.4ghz. Sometimes while doing this is just turns off wifi altogether and uses data instead.

I"ll definitely try it again later, but for now LOS 16 runs extremely well for me. Thanks to the developer and everyone involved with LOS17.

mad4some

Dec 10, 2012
East TN
I"ll definitely try it again later, but for now LOS 16 runs extremely well for me. Thanks to the developer and everyone involved with LOS17.

I also had no luck the first time flashing and went right back to 16 where all was good. I tried again a couple of weeks ago and this time clean flashed the latest using lancebuks latest rom and twrp, but this time formatted data at the end before booting and everything is pretty flawless (except for my above issue) so the rom is good. He made separate builds for the X and F models, you sure you got the right one?......also yours needs a modified boot flash or something I believe. :confused:

kc12

Aug 10, 2013
He made separate builds for the X and F models, you sure you got the right one?......also yours needs a modified boot flash or something I believe. :confused:

I've had this tablet for 2 1/2 years, flashed it many times for varying reasons. I'm well aware of the different variants. I flashed with a clean wipe, formatted data also. Think about what you said... You actually think I could of flashed the f variant, got it to boot, and used it for a week with ONLY the issues I stated?? I'd be a genius if I could pull that off. :cool: Thanks for the compliment and for trying to help.

mad4some

Dec 10, 2012
East TN
I've had this tablet for 2 1/2 years, flashed it many times for varying reasons. I'm well aware of the different variants. I flashed with a clean wipe, formatted data also. Think about what you said... You actually think I could of flashed the f variant, got it to boot, and used it for a week with ONLY the issues I stated?? I'd be a genius if I could pull that off. :cool: Thanks for the compliment and for trying to help.
Actually, flashing wrong variants of the same rom will often boot since the code is 99% exactly the same, but then exhibit strange behavior........exactly as you described in your post!! Anyway, the main point of my response was that the rom works just fine and you are obviously doing "something" wrong. Good luck! :cool:

kc12

Aug 10, 2013
Actually, flashing wrong variants of the same rom will often boot since the code is 99% exactly the same, but then exhibit strange behavior........exactly as you described in your post!! Anyway, the main point of my response was that the rom works just fine and you are obviously doing "something" wrong. Good luck! :cool:

Tell that to the many that can't even get the f to boot. :cool: most of us who've had the tablet for a while know already that what works for one person might not work for someone else. Go insult someone else. I'm done with you.

Top Liked Posts