• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][tb8704f/x/v] LineageOS 17.1 for Lenovo TAB 4 8 plus

Search This thread

ashu.droid

Jun 29, 2018
Can someone share me build.prop file for TB8704X version

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

I get very poor speed when connected to 2.4ghz wifi on TB8704x but on other android devices i get it well. Please if anyone could solve this issue

ChaosBlades

Apr 6, 2012
TB-8704V
Build 2020-06-01

Bluetooth crashes and will not start
Double Tap to Wake does not work

So far other than the Bluetooth issue everything is running really smoothly. I see multiple people reporting BT doesn't work yet it says it does in OP and those people never get any replies. So is this user error or not? It doesn't seem like it. My install isn't dirty and BT worked on Lineageos 16.0.

rafamg

Feb 8, 2011
Would this work for the 8804F ROW version? Has anybody tried it?
I have TWRP 3.2.1 and is currently rooted.
Kernel 3.18.31
Android 7.1.1

Thanks in advance!

jfbaudio

Mar 21, 2012
TB-8704V
Build 2020-06-01

Bluetooth crashes and will not start
Double Tap to Wake does not work

So far other than the Bluetooth issue everything is running really smoothly. I see multiple people reporting BT doesn't work yet it says it does in OP and those people never get any replies. So is this user error or not? It doesn't seem like it. My install isn't dirty and BT worked on Lineageos 16.0.

I also have a 95% smooth experience. I do have occasional freezes followed by a non-critical bootloop (just interrupting it with a long-press power and restarting the device fixes it). I didn't have this problem with LOS 16 but so far it's rare enough that it doesn't bother me

bql94040

Sep 2, 2020
TB-8704f
Build 2020-06-01

I think I have read all the posts, and saw that many have successfully installed the 2020-06-01 build. I use TWRP
1. Reformat data, and adv wipe of the Dalvik/Art Cache, System, Data and Cache.
2. adb push the linage build to the sdcard
3. Then flash successfully
4. Wipe the cache, then reboot.

But I can't seem to get mine to go beyond the initial booting logo. Not sure what I missed.

Can anyone suggest what I should try?

thanks.

Ecthelion3

Jun 17, 2014
TB-8704f
Build 2020-06-01

I think I have read all the posts, and saw that many have successfully installed the 2020-06-01 build. I use TWRP
1. Reformat data, and adv wipe of the Dalvik/Art Cache, System, Data and Cache.
2. adb push the linage build to the sdcard
3. Then flash successfully
4. Wipe the cache, then reboot.

But I can't seem to get mine to go beyond the initial booting logo. Not sure what I missed.

Can anyone suggest what I should try?

thanks.
Some TWRP versions have the problem that they don't reliably format data. lancebuks created a TWRP version for the Tab 4 8 plus that fixes this problem. Unless you are sure you are already using this version you could search this thread for a link to lancebuks' TWRP version, install it and then try again.

gzdc

Oct 1, 2016
Bug Report

Hello DEV i was trying to play some games (PUBG mostly) and i realized that moultitouch didn't work. Did anyone else faced this problem? With other custom roms there wasn't any problem. Thanks in advance...

highwaystar_ru

Sep 17, 2016
Lineage 17.1 update
2020-09-06
  • Update Lineage code
  • Fixed FM radio issue
  • Fixed issues on 8704F (wifi only version), when charger cable unplugged (please report if it really works this time, I dont have wifi only tablet to test)

WiteWulf

Mar 31, 2020
Lineage 17.1 update
2020-09-06
  • Update Lineage code
  • Fixed FM radio issue
  • Fixed issues on 8704F (wifi only version), when charger cable unplugged (please report if it really works this time, I dont have wifi only tablet to test)

Thanks @highwaystar_ru, my first install on my TB8704F was a dirty flash of just the image and an updated GApps. I wiped cache and dalvik after install and rebooted but got stuck either on the Lenovo boot logo or went into Recovery

I rebooted into recovery (Lancebuks's 3.4.0-0 for TB8704F), wiped dalvik, cache and system then reinstalled LOS, GApps and Magisk. I did another wipe of dalvik and cache after install, just to be sure, then rebooted into the updated LOS okay.

Camera, WiFi and Bluetooth appear to be working fine and the device happily reboots disconnected from a PC or power source.

*edit* Should be obvious, but I also had to redo the device fingerprint as per https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=81681043&postcount=32

NB. the fingerprint list has been updated since Lancebuks's original post, so don't just press the keys listed in his guide as the indexes have changed. Read the list and make sure you're selecting the right options.

Last edited:

venom04

Jun 29, 2007
Bad Hersfeld
Hi, can someone provide me the stock recovery? I have no power and can't boot the tablet but it's not possible to charge my tablet in twrp! Thanks in advance

---------------------

Found recovery, thank you

Last edited:

WiteWulf

Mar 31, 2020
I don't even understand the question. I've just rebooted on battery, no charging connection, without problems. I have never had any reboot problems with this ROM. Maybe others have battery or improper installation problems?

They were referring to a problem a significant number of users (myself included at one point) had at point, in that the device would only boot successfully if connected to a power source or computer. With no USB power source the device would go into a boot loop, getting as far as the LOS logo then rebooting.

Eisbaer2

Jun 10, 2016
Lineage 17.1 update
2020-09-06
  • Update Lineage code
  • Fixed FM radio issue

I installed that version. My tablet (8704F) runs very smooth. I only have two problems (so far ;):

1) Huge battery drain (>>10% within 12 hours waiting in standby, even in extreme power save mode)
2) Often the tablet doesn't connect to my saved WIFI network, even though I see it in the network list. I have to manually choose to connect to my network...

Update after a few days more testing:
The battery drain has gone. I also had several reboots with following bootloop. After disabling the extreme power saver mode the tablet is stable and I have no more sudden reboots. Great :)
The connect to my WIFI also seems to be faster :)

Unfortunately the tablet doesn't wake up when I open my tablet case with magnet lock.

@highwaystar_ru: thank you for the LOS versions
@lancebuks: thank you for TWRP 3.4.0.0

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts