[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][tb8704f/x/v] LineageOS 17.1 for Lenovo TAB 4 8 plus

Search This thread

alceasan

Dec 14, 2021
I'd like to try this ROM. Can anyone tell me if the kernel is build with enforced selinux? This gives me a lot of problems with some apps on other ROMs.

mistersixt

Jun 17, 2011
Could someone please compile and upload a version with the latest security updates?

Or... if there is somewhere a "compile walkthrough" ... I am happy to do it on my own.

Kind regards, mistersixt.

Reactions: kc12 and swieder711

Hnktc

Aug 31, 2011
Italy
Any guide to update lineage to the latest patch?
Maybe i'll try to made it myself..

It's a too good rom to make it die :(

Reactions: kc12

kc12

Aug 10, 2013
That's a two part question

2. "teach how to do?" See the opening post on "How to Install" and Google what you don't know.
He's not asking how to install the rom, he's asking for instructions on how to update the ROM's security patches. He wants to learn ROM development of security patches, not installation.

Hnktc

Aug 31, 2011
Italy
That's a two part question

1. "update rom" I doubt it very much as this is an old relatively cheap tablet so don't hold your breath
2. "teach how to do?" See the opening post on "How to Install" and Google what you don't know.

1) i know, but the rom is fast and stable,
2) i mean update rom with new security patches, not update the rom with newer version

kc12

Aug 10, 2013
Yeah but it doesn't read fingerprints to unlock..
I have the 8 plus and the fingerprint reader unlocks most of the time for me. I haven't tried using it on apps yet. If you try it, Install it over stock using the OP's instructions.( maybe it will make a difference with the fp reader. 🤷‍♀️.
Don't use open gapps you'll bootloop.

Hnktc

Aug 31, 2011
Italy
I have the 8 plus and the fingerprint reader unlocks most of the time for me. I haven't tried using it on apps yet. If you try it, Install it over stock using the OP's instructions.( maybe it will make a difference with the fp reader. 🤷‍♀️.
Don't use open gapps you'll bootloop.
i used open gapps without problem.. i have charged it, rebooted and it doesn't read fingerprints anymore, only pin to unlock.. that's why i like lineage 16/17, no issues

kc12

Aug 10, 2013
rebooted and it doesn't read fingerprints anymore, only pin to unlock..
It works that way in both Roms for me. After a reboot you have to enter your pin. Afterwards the fingerprint reader works fine. In 18.1 sometimes after extended sleep you need to enter the PIN. But not always.

Hnktc

Aug 31, 2011
Italy
It works that way in both Roms for me. After a reboot you have to enter your pin. Afterwards the fingerprint reader works fine. In 18.1 sometimes after extended sleep you need to enter the PIN. But not always.
but it's not the pin the problem, it's the fingerprint scanner stop working.. now, after a reboot, it works again..

Top Liked Posts