• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][tbx304f/l/x] LineageOS 17.1 for Lenovo TAB4 8, ROM for the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet

Search This thread

TNTS

Nov 9, 2013
Thanks for the great ROM! It works well on my Tab 4 10 X304L. The only thing I have trouble with is that I can't get safetynet to pass and Netflix can't be installed. Otherwise, it's running pretty well.

NightCode7

Aug 18, 2020
LG G8X ThinQ
Hey I have a request. So if you have got the twrp file of the Lenovo Tab 4 10 TB-X304L could you please share it as everything i found on the internet doesnt work..
Thanks and is the rom stable for the tab?
Sorry for the late reply...
Resources:
1. Lineage OS 17.1
2. Rescue and Smart Assistant for Stock Rom (Here only you will get the working Stock Rom)
3. Flame GApps for Google Framwork installation, etc
4. TWRP
5. Magisk
6. QPST for Stock Rom Installation (to get the filehorse download and extract Stock Rom)

In case of device is bricked use QPST to flash Stock Rom...
All the best :)

Last edited:

NightCode7

Aug 18, 2020
LG G8X ThinQ
Thanks for the great ROM! It works well on my Tab 4 10 X304L. The only thing I have trouble with is that I can't get safetynet to pass and Netflix can't be installed. Otherwise, it's running pretty well.
Solve Safetynet issue:
1. Enable MagiskHide in the options of the Magisk
2. Install MagiskHide Props
3. After install MagiskHide and reboot
4. Install any terminal emulator from the PlayStore/F-Droid
5. Open termux and write the following commands

su > allow su permission

props > wait for loading

Select 1

Select f

Select Lenovo

Select Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus TB-X704L (7.1.1)

Confirm and reboot

Reactions: Geko4501

NightCode7

Aug 18, 2020
LG G8X ThinQ
I need to roll back to get developers options again. It's been like 2 yrs since I had this tablet unlocked. Now I can't remember how we did it. Is there a patched stock rom with dev ops ? Or another way to enable developer options ? I have the x304f. Locked and running 8.1.0 with a March 5 2019 security patch.
  1. Open Settings.
  2. Tap About tablet.
  3. Seven taps on Build number until “You are now a developer” or “No need, you are already a developer” pops out.
  4. Tap Developer options on Settings interface.

1. Open Settings.
  2. Tap About tablet.
  3. Seven taps on Build number until “You are now a developer” or “No need, you are already a developer” pops out.
  4. Tap Developer options on Settings interface.
My tablet has developer options grayed out. Has to be rolled back to something but I can't remember what it is.

Geko4501

Nov 1, 2015
This is proving to be a great ROM for this older tablet. The jump from Android 8 (stock) to 10 really brought this thing back to life. I have experienced a couple of random lockups, but overall it's very smooth and usable.

One thing I did notice is that certain apps are not available in the Play Store (like Netflix and Hulu). I can side-load the latest versions and (by following the instructions given by @NightCode7) I can pass SafetyNet checks and the apps load, run, and play normally.

But what's preventing them from being accessible in the Play Store? I have Play Services checked in MagiskHide and I selected a valid fingerprint with MagiskHide Props. That really ought to have been enough to make most apps available in the store and yet still many aren't there. They won't even show in Play Store search results.

Any ideas?

NightCode7

Aug 18, 2020
LG G8X ThinQ

Attachments

• Trebuchet_Home_Screen.png
    Trebuchet_Home_Screen.png
    896.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Settings.png
    Settings.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Settings1~2.png
    Settings1~2.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Updater.png
    Updater.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 37
  • SafetyNet_Test.png
    SafetyNet_Test.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 39

NightCode7

Aug 18, 2020
LG G8X ThinQ
This is proving to be a great ROM for this older tablet. The jump from Android 8 (stock) to 10 really brought this thing back to life. I have experienced a couple of random lockups, but overall it's very smooth and usable.

One thing I did notice is that certain apps are not available in the Play Store (like Netflix and Hulu). I can side-load the latest versions and (by following the instructions given by @NightCode7) I can pass SafetyNet checks and the apps load, run, and play normally.

But what's preventing them from being accessible in the Play Store? I have Play Services checked in MagiskHide and I selected a valid fingerprint with MagiskHide Props. That really ought to have been enough to make most apps available in the store and yet still many aren't there. They won't even show in Play Store search results.

Any ideas?
Please name some apps that aren't there even after successfully bypassing SafetyNet checks so that I can also check...

Geko4501

Nov 1, 2015
Please name some apps that aren't there even after successfully bypassing SafetyNet checks so that I can also check...
Netflix and Hulu were the obvious ones I first noticed. They won't even list as available in the Play Store. They don't show up when you search for them. Though, I side-loaded them and they work just fine. Also, Android Auto shows up, but is uninstallable (that one is somewhat understandable on a tablet).

99% of my app library that I would expect to be installable on this device is, so this is a fairly minor point, but curious none the less. I would have thought that with SafetyNet working (confirmed in Magisk) and the fingerprint applied that it would have seen these. Must be something else in the props it's triggering on.

NightCode7

Aug 18, 2020
LG G8X ThinQ
Netflix and Hulu were the obvious ones I first noticed. They won't even list as available in the Play Store. They don't show up when you search for them. Though, I side-loaded them and they work just fine. Also, Android Auto shows up, but is uninstallable (that one is somewhat understandable on a tablet).

99% of my app library that I would expect to be installable on this device is, so this is a fairly minor point, but curious none the less. I would have thought that with SafetyNet working (confirmed in Magisk) and the fingerprint applied that it would have seen these. Must be something else in the props it's triggering on.
But in mine Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, etc is showing in Play store as u can see in the attached screenshot and hulu is not available in my Region.
In Magisk Manager settings Hide Magisk Manager(name it manager or something else) and reboot.
After following the steps to bypass SafetyNet just simply Clear Play Store Data and Google Play Services Data and reboot once again. This will definitely work..

PS: You can also check if the safety net is successfully passed from the app SafetyNet Test from Play Store after applying Magisk props from Termux. Don't check from Magisk Manager as most of the times it shows wrong results. And after all this also check in Play Store that the Device is Certified or not as it should show that device is certified.

Attachments

• Netflix_Google_Play_Store.png
    Netflix_Google_Play_Store.png
    389.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Device_Certification_Google_Play_Store.png
    Device_Certification_Google_Play_Store.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 22
  • SafetyNet_Test_bypass_results.png
    SafetyNet_Test_bypass_results.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Rainberry

Jun 9, 2021
But in mine Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, etc is showing in Play store as u can see in the attached screenshot and hulu is not available in my Region.
In Magisk Manager settings Hide Magisk Manager(name it manager or something else) and reboot.
After following the steps to bypass SafetyNet just simply Clear Play Store Data and Google Play Services Data and reboot once again. This will definitely work..

PS: You can also check if the safety net is successfully passed from the app SafetyNet Test from Play Store after applying Magisk props from Termux. Don't check from Magisk Manager as most of the times it shows wrong results. And after all this also check in Play Store that the Device is Certified or not as it should show that device is certified.
Just out of curiosity, would this tab have any chance of getting LOS 18.1 update?

NightCode7

Aug 18, 2020
LG G8X ThinQ
Thanks mate! My TB-X304L OEM Unlocking has been greyed out.. and idk how to use the hex editor.. So can i try to relock the bootloader and check if the grey disappears? Would it be a good idea to try it out?
Thank You!
Did you unlock the bootloader already and after that are you getting this issue??...then it is the way it is....after unlocking the bootloader that option greys out.... it's not an an issue. you can proceed to install custom rom

Rainberry

Jun 9, 2021
Did you unlock the bootloader already and after that are you getting this issue??...then it is the way it is....after unlocking the bootloader that option greys out.... it's not an an issue. you can proceed to install custom rom
So my device state in fastboot says its unlocked but when i see the options in developer settings it says bootloader is already unlocked and the option is greyed and seems to show its turned off. So shall i proceed to install the LOS 17.1??
Yes this only happened after i had unlocked the bootloader and i havent installed twrp yet so can i do it now? Am confused.
Thanks for your time mate!
Screenshot_2021-06-30-07-58-29-301.jpeg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-30-07-58-29-301.jpeg
    Screenshot_2021-06-30-07-58-29-301.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What works:
    Calls/SMS/Mobile data
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    Camera
    Audio
    FM radio
    WLAN and USB tethering
    Broken
    You tell me

Source code:
    device : https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_device_lenovo_TBX304, https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_device_lenovo_tb-common/tree/lineage-17.1-msm8937
    kernel: https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953/tree/lineage-17.1-tbx304
    vendor: https://github.com/lenovo-devs/proprietary_vendor_lenovo/tree/lineage-17.1-msm8937

2021-04-08
    • Initial release
    • Fixed fast charger and OTG
    • Fixed touchscreen issues
    mailru: lineage-17.1-20210408-UNOFFICIAL-TBX304.zip
    gdrive: lineage-17.1-20210408-UNOFFICIAL-TBX304.zip

Previous versions:

How to install
    You have to had TWRP installed from this thread TWRP and ROOT for Tab 4 8/10 (Plus) (TB-8704X/F/V,TB-X704L/F, TB-8504X/F, TB-X304L/F or one from link below

In TWRP clean Data if you coming from stock ROM and do Install of this ROM. If you have android 8 stock rom installed you have to format Data with data loss, because used encryption is incompatible with android 7.1

TWRP
    Built from omnirom android 9.0 source (twrp 3.4.0), includes same kernel as Lineage build, with support for pstore (kernel logs after crash), exfat, ntfs, reboot to EDL mode.
    mailru: tbx304-twrp-3.4.0-20201207.img
    gdrive: tbx304-twrp-3.4.0-20201207.img

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][tbx304f/l/x] LineageOS 17.1 for Lenovo TAB4 8, ROM for the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet

Contributors
    highwaystar_ru
    Source Code: https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953/tree/lineage-17.1-tbx304

ROM OS Version: 10.x
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOs

Version Information
    Testing
    I can't get it to flash. TWRP has been sitting for hours at:

Unmounting System... Target: Lenovo/LenovoTB-X304:/X304L:8.1.0/0PM1.171019029/S001017_190709_ROW:user/release-keys

EDIT: Fixed by flashing TWRP instead of just booting it. The steps I followed were:

1. Install the Lenovo Driver from here
    2. Install fastboot and adb on your PC, e.g. from here
    3. Enable developer options and in there select to unlock your bootloader by enabling OEM unlock and enable USB debugging
    4. Connect your PC to your tablet and run
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
      using adb on command line. The tablet will reboot into bootloader mode where you will only see the text on the screen. Now you use
      Code:
      fastboot oem unlock-go
      to unlock. This will factory reset your device
    5. Setup the tablet again, enable USB debugging, and reboot again to the bootloader
    6. Download tbx304-twrp-3.4.0-20201207.img (TWRP) from the OP
    7. Then run
      Code:
      fastboot boot tbx304-twrp-3.4.0-20201207.img
      to temporarily boot into TWRP.
    8. Select to keep system read only when TWRP starts to avoid modification which will make OTAs impossible
    9. In TWRP, go to WIPE, click on "Format Data" in the lower right, and follow the instructions.
    10. Go back to the TWRP home screen, choose "Reboot", and click "Recovery"
    11. In TWRP, go to the Backup tab, and backup the boot, recovery, and system image. Keep this backup for OTA updates.
    12. Go back to the TWRP home screen, hit the reboot button in TWRP, and choose "Bootloader".
    13. Then run
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery tbx304-twrp-3.4.0-20201207.img
      to permanently install TWRP.
    14. Once installed, press the volume button until it says "Recovery Mode" in red letters on the top, then hit the power button to boot back into TWRP.
    15. Load the LineageOS zip file from your computer onto the tabled by using
      Code:
      adb push [NAME_OF_LINEAGE_ZIP_FILE] /sdcard/
      . If you are going to install gapps (Google Play Store, etc.), download it from here and push it to the tablet the same way
    16. From the TWRP home screen, go to Install and install the LineageOS zip file. Once that is completed, repeat the process to install gapps, if you're using them.
    17. Select the option to reboot. If everything worked correctly, it should boot into LineageOS.
    Does this work on the tab4 10??
    This says tab4 8... Does this work for the tab4 10 model tb-x304f ?
    Maybe it's a typo...
    I am using this on x304f (wifi only) tab. It's smooth and stable
    Solve Safetynet issue:
    1. Enable MagiskHide in the options of the Magisk
    2. Install MagiskHide Props
    3. After install MagiskHide and reboot
    4. Install any terminal emulator from the PlayStore/F-Droid
    5. Open termux and write the following commands

su > allow su permission

props > wait for loading

Select 1

Select f

Select Lenovo

Select Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus TB-X704L (7.1.1)

Confirm and reboot