[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][tbx304f/l/x] LineageOS 17.1 for Lenovo TAB4 8, ROM for the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet

Search This thread
So my device state in fastboot says its unlocked but when i see the options in developer settings it says bootloader is already unlocked and the option is greyed and seems to show its turned off. So shall i proceed to install the LOS 17.1??
Yes this only happened after i had unlocked the bootloader and i havent installed twrp yet so can i do it now? Am confused.
Thanks for your time mate!View attachment 5351057
Yes, you can install the twrp, custom rom, etc now
The "OEM Unlocking" option is designed like that if you unlock the bootloader then it will grey out simply because there is no use of that button anymore.

Maheswar Sahoo

http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
/*
* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
* Same statement for XDA.
*/

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What works:
Calls/SMS/Mobile data
Wifi
Bluetooth
GPS
Camera
Audio
FM radio
WLAN and USB tethering
Broken
You tell me

Source code:
device : https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_device_lenovo_TBX304, https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_device_lenovo_tb-common/tree/lineage-17.1-msm8937
kernel: https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953/tree/lineage-17.1-tbx304
vendor: https://github.com/lenovo-devs/proprietary_vendor_lenovo/tree/lineage-17.1-msm8937

2021-04-08
  • Initial release
  • Fixed fast charger and OTG
  • Fixed touchscreen issues
mailru: lineage-17.1-20210408-UNOFFICIAL-TBX304.zip
gdrive: lineage-17.1-20210408-UNOFFICIAL-TBX304.zip

Previous versions:

How to install
You have to had TWRP installed from this thread TWRP and ROOT for Tab 4 8/10 (Plus) (TB-8704X/F/V,TB-X704L/F, TB-8504X/F, TB-X304L/F or one from link below

In TWRP clean Data if you coming from stock ROM and do Install of this ROM. If you have android 8 stock rom installed you have to format Data with data loss, because used encryption is incompatible with android 7.1

TWRP
Built from omnirom android 9.0 source (twrp 3.4.0), includes same kernel as Lineage build, with support for pstore (kernel logs after crash), exfat, ntfs, reboot to EDL mode.
mailru: tbx304-twrp-3.4.0-20201207.img
gdrive: tbx304-twrp-3.4.0-20201207.img

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][tbx304f/l/x] LineageOS 17.1 for Lenovo TAB4 8, ROM for the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet

Contributors
highwaystar_ru
Source Code: https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953/tree/lineage-17.1-tbx304

ROM OS Version: 10.x
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOs

Version Information
Testing
Thanks✌️

Rainberry

Jun 9, 2021
Yes, you can install the twrp, custom rom, etc now
The "OEM Unlocking" option is designed like that if you unlock the bootloader then it will grey out simply because there is no use of that button anymore.
Mate if my device gets bricked how do i install the original rom. ? Most of the people have said that it does not work. Have ya tried it when you had maybe bricked your device?

Mate if my device gets bricked how do i install the original rom. ? Most of the people have said that it does not work. Have ya tried it when you had maybe bricked your device?
yes bricked it many times but you can find the stock rom in Lenovo Rescue and smart assistant to fix your device. From there select your device model and download the rom and flash it through QFIL Tool.

Just found this thread out of curiosity, and decided to try it out on my Tab 4 10 (tbx304f). And holy **** did this give a new life to the tablet. I used to only use it for watching video or reading with the stock Android 8 ROM. Using the browser was a pain. But now everything is much smoother and not a pain to use at all. It's like I bought a brand new tablet.

The only (possible) issue I found so far is when using a magnetic cover case. The screen wakes up when I open it, but doesn't shut down when I close it.

hk96

Just found this thread out of curiosity, and decided to try it out on my Tab 4 10 (tbx304f). And holy **** did this give a new life to the tablet. I used to only use it for watching video or reading with the stock Android 8 ROM. Using the browser was a pain. But now everything is much smoother and not a pain to use at all. It's like I bought a brand new tablet.

The only (possible) issue I found so far is when using a magnetic cover case. The screen wakes up when I open it, but doesn't shut down when I close it.
Working fine here

ChumaHG

Jul 7, 2021

Sorry for the inconvenience, but could you tell me which version of TWRP and ROM you used them .. ??

I have the same X304F tab and I want to optimize it for my son and his school assignments.

Beforehand thank you very much.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but could you tell me which version of TWRP and ROM you used them .. ??

I have the same X304F tab and I want to optimize it for my son and his school assignments.

Beforehand thank you very much.
Sure. I used TWRP 3.4.0 that is on the OP. -> TWRP 3.4.0
And used this ROM from the OP as well -> ROM

I had the same issue as this guy, but following his steps, I managed to do it.

ChumaHG

Jul 7, 2021
Sure. I used TWRP 3.4.0 that is on the OP. -> TWRP 3.4.0
And used this ROM from the OP as well -> ROM

I had the same issue as this guy, but following his steps, I managed to do it.

all excellent, I was able to install the rom just a doubt, I take care of the 6.89gb system, 43% of the total storage .. is it right or did I do something wrong? greetings and thanks for your valuable information

Mysteriouslog6

Aug 21, 2018
LG V20
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
is your problem solved?
First boot always takes time so be patient...wait for like 20 to 30mins...
No , I waited for 1.5 hours and it still just kept booting , I reflashed stock rom using Smart Assistant but it wouldnt even boot back to stock rom just show the logo and then restart to 900E.

Edit: I reflashed and this time it will boot but after about 30seconds it will lockup and just crash.

Last edited:

Rainberry

Jun 9, 2021
No , I waited for 1.5 hours and it still just kept booting , I reflashed stock rom using Smart Assistant but it wouldnt even boot back to stock rom just show the logo and then restart to 900E.

Edit: I reflashed and this time it will boot but after about 30seconds it will lockup and just crash.
what do you mean by lockup... for now just try to reflash the stock rom and then again install the twrp which was 3.2.3 or 3.4 and then yes you even need to have magisk...idk why but most ppl said they had issues when they did not install magisk with the rom.. so install rom magisk and then gapps if you want...and try...if it doesnt work.. you can tell us
and join this group for help

Mysteriouslog6

Aug 21, 2018
LG V20
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
what do you mean by lockup... for now just try to reflash the stock rom and then again install the twrp which was 3.2.3 or 3.4 and then yes you even need to have magisk...idk why but most ppl said they had issues when they did not install magisk with the rom.. so install rom magisk and then gapps if you want...and try...if it doesnt work.. you can tell us
and join this group for help
Magisk? I didn't try magisk , will try! Did you have issues mounting persist in twrp? If not can you send a backup of your persist from twrp?

Jan 2, 2015
my oem unlock switch is greyed out in developer mode, anybody else having same issue? Googling said there's a "waiting period", is there any truth with that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What works:
    Calls/SMS/Mobile data
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    Camera
    Audio
    FM radio
    WLAN and USB tethering
    Broken
    You tell me

Source code:
    device : https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_device_lenovo_TBX304, https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_device_lenovo_tb-common/tree/lineage-17.1-msm8937
    kernel: https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953/tree/lineage-17.1-tbx304
    vendor: https://github.com/lenovo-devs/proprietary_vendor_lenovo/tree/lineage-17.1-msm8937

2021-04-08
    • Initial release
    • Fixed fast charger and OTG
    • Fixed touchscreen issues
    mailru: lineage-17.1-20210408-UNOFFICIAL-TBX304.zip
    gdrive: lineage-17.1-20210408-UNOFFICIAL-TBX304.zip

Previous versions:

How to install
    You have to had TWRP installed from this thread TWRP and ROOT for Tab 4 8/10 (Plus) (TB-8704X/F/V,TB-X704L/F, TB-8504X/F, TB-X304L/F or one from link below

In TWRP clean Data if you coming from stock ROM and do Install of this ROM. If you have android 8 stock rom installed you have to format Data with data loss, because used encryption is incompatible with android 7.1

TWRP
    Built from omnirom android 9.0 source (twrp 3.4.0), includes same kernel as Lineage build, with support for pstore (kernel logs after crash), exfat, ntfs, reboot to EDL mode.
    mailru: tbx304-twrp-3.4.0-20201207.img
    gdrive: tbx304-twrp-3.4.0-20201207.img

XDA:DevDB Information

Contributors
    highwaystar_ru
    Source Code: https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953/tree/lineage-17.1-tbx304

ROM OS Version: 10.x
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOs

Version Information
    Testing
    I can't get it to flash. TWRP has been sitting for hours at:

Unmounting System... Target: Lenovo/LenovoTB-X304:/X304L:8.1.0/0PM1.171019029/S001017_190709_ROW:user/release-keys

EDIT: Fixed by flashing TWRP instead of just booting it. The steps I followed were:

1. Install the Lenovo Driver from here
    2. Install fastboot and adb on your PC, e.g. from here
    3. Enable developer options and in there select to unlock your bootloader by enabling OEM unlock and enable USB debugging
    4. Connect your PC to your tablet and run
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
      using adb on command line. The tablet will reboot into bootloader mode where you will only see the text on the screen. Now you use
      Code:
      fastboot oem unlock-go
      to unlock. This will factory reset your device
    5. Setup the tablet again, enable USB debugging, and reboot again to the bootloader
    6. Download tbx304-twrp-3.4.0-20201207.img (TWRP) from the OP
    7. Then run
      Code:
      fastboot boot tbx304-twrp-3.4.0-20201207.img
      to temporarily boot into TWRP.
    8. Select to keep system read only when TWRP starts to avoid modification which will make OTAs impossible
    9. In TWRP, go to WIPE, click on "Format Data" in the lower right, and follow the instructions.
    10. Go back to the TWRP home screen, choose "Reboot", and click "Recovery"
    11. In TWRP, go to the Backup tab, and backup the boot, recovery, and system image. Keep this backup for OTA updates.
    12. Go back to the TWRP home screen, hit the reboot button in TWRP, and choose "Bootloader".
    13. Then run
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery tbx304-twrp-3.4.0-20201207.img
      to permanently install TWRP.
    14. Once installed, press the volume button until it says "Recovery Mode" in red letters on the top, then hit the power button to boot back into TWRP.
    15. Load the LineageOS zip file from your computer onto the tabled by using
      Code:
      adb push [NAME_OF_LINEAGE_ZIP_FILE] /sdcard/
      . If you are going to install gapps (Google Play Store, etc.), download it from here and push it to the tablet the same way
    16. From the TWRP home screen, go to Install and install the LineageOS zip file. Once that is completed, repeat the process to install gapps, if you're using them.
    17. Select the option to reboot. If everything worked correctly, it should boot into LineageOS.
    Does this work on the tab4 10??
    This says tab4 8... Does this work for the tab4 10 model tb-x304f ?
    Maybe it's a typo...
    I am using this on x304f (wifi only) tab. It's smooth and stable
    Thanks for the great ROM! It works well on my Tab 4 10 X304L. The only thing I have trouble with is that I can't get safetynet to pass and Netflix can't be installed. Otherwise, it's running pretty well.
    Solve Safetynet issue:
    1. Enable MagiskHide in the options of the Magisk
    2. Install MagiskHide Props
    3. After install MagiskHide and reboot
    4. Install any terminal emulator from the PlayStore/F-Droid
    5. Open termux and write the following commands

su > allow su permission

props > wait for loading

Select 1

Select f

Select Lenovo

Select Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus TB-X704L (7.1.1)

Confirm and reboot