[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10][lavender] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

kingfared

May 2, 2015
Hello, so I was trying to bake this rom myself but I cannot figure how to add a kernel to this rom. I need some direction or a guide. Could anyone help?

AmulyaX

Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2015
Ghaziabad
Sony Xperia M
Moto Z Play
LineageOS 17.1

WARNING: ANDROID 10 BLOBS require format /data after flashing build or data will be encrypted

Changelog
-February Security Patch
-Fixed BT mic issues
-Fixed some audio issues
-Updated more blobs from latest CAF tag
-Major stability and performance improvements from my previous releases
-Merged with latest sources

Please note:
1. I prefer BiTGApps along with ROM ( https://t.me/bitgapps_downloads_official/320 , read carefully or you won't get Setup Wizard)
2. BACKUP DATA as it needs to be FORMATTED.
3. Built with Stock Minimal Kernel, do not use Custom Kernels as this uses new camera blobs, if you flash a custom kernel that doesn't support latest Xiaomi camera changes, camera won't work.
4. No restrictions on Firmware you want to use
5. Flash Magisk only if you want root

Please allow me some time to update my sources on GitHub, I have been sick for the past couple of days, have been unable to concentrate, that's why the update was delayed, I'll be updating the sources as soon as I recover enough to use my brain :p

Last edited:

Edhuin

Jan 24, 2015
I tried to install the latest build but I get error 7 and it won't install, any ideas? I used android 9 before and just flashed OF recovery.

Saeed-Omnia

Aug 1, 2010
I tried to install the latest build but I get error 7 and it won't install, any ideas? I used android 9 before and just flashed OF recovery.

i think error 7 was for recovery version, i'm not sure... make sure that you are using the latest version of OrangeFox. also files sometimes get corrupted during download, redownload the file and check again.
I installed the new version a few days age without a problem

Edhuin

Jan 24, 2015
i think error 7 was for recovery version, i'm not sure... make sure that you are using the latest version of OrangeFox. also files sometimes get corrupted during download, redownload the file and check again.
I installed the new version a few days age without a problem

I'm using the latest stable release OF R10.1_01, twrp 3.3.1
EDIT: I'm getting "decompression failed with block length 1" followed by failed to update system image.error 1001. Updater process ended with error: 7.

Last edited:

Edhuin

Jan 24, 2015
Sounds like a corrupted download.
I downloaded various lineage 17 roms, still running into error 7.
EDIT: After modifiying updater_script and removing all sorts of checks I finally managed to install it.
Only issue now is the google setup wizard, the app keeps on crashing / restarting

Last edited:

Terys

Feb 6, 2020
Great work man!

Everything works fine, but I have a problem enabling system spoofs signature for microG in order to use some apps.
The issue isn't strictly with the rom itself, but I don't really know where to find help, so I'm asking on rom's thread.

I read that installing NanoDroid-patcher enables it, but it isn't supported on android 10 (the only nanodroid tool that isn't). I found on that Xposed and FakeGapps module can do that, so I've installed it. I have enabled FakeGapps module in ExXposed manager, but in microG setting the checkbox "System spoofs signature" is still unchecked and when launching some apps I'm getting error that my device doesn't support google play services.

Maybe you know how to fix this issue or could tell me on which forum start to looking for help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!
    Before this thread gets plagued with questions like what's different in this LineageOS build, let me clear everything up for you!

Current Development Scenario for Lavender
    • More buildbots than developers
    • Device sources do not have a proper commit history, and is little bloated
    • There are major battery issues with current sources
    • Elliptic Proximity Sensor doesn't work as it should
    • Unable to use full potential of sdm660, as it has full CAF support, yet currently we use everything from MIUI
    • People are taking the only few developers for granted, I have seen the community doesn't want to contribute at all by testing builds, and this is due to the increasing number of buildbots here
    • People working on private sources, these guys use stuff from all Open Source Developers yet keep their work private, I am strongly against such people, I started my work a month ago, and everything was public on GitHub
    What happened here?
    • I started working on a CAF rebase a month ago, and now finally I have fixed all bugs that occured, CAF rebase is basically cloning trees that CAF releases for sdm660 devices, and doing bringup for lavender, so these trees are built from scratch
    • Proper Commit history with proper authorship to all my fellow developers
    • Elliptic Proximity Sensor has thorougly been fixed, you won't face any issues, no need to reboot or anything
    • Battery issues might have been dealt with, don't expect extreme difference
    • Sources are public, my fellow lavender developers can freely fork a copy of my trees and carry on development, I do not want any kind of fame or attention by keeping stuff private.
    • Users can feel the snappy performance as I didn't add a lot of stuff from MIUI, just selective, most of it is still from CAF.

So here you go, feel free to make your own changes, all I want is lavender to stand back up because right now, its really going down due to some retards here in the community. Users need to contribute more, not financially but help developers with testing and some support rather than supporting people who encourage use of private sources.

Device Tree: https://github.com/AmulyaX/android_device_xiaomi_lavender (-b lineage-16.0)
    Vendor: https://github.com/AmulyaX/proprietary_vendor_xiaomi_lavender (-b lineage-16.0)

Credits:
    For bringup references: Bladeyy and GuaiYiHu
    For helping me throughout and maintaining commit history: @xdatman
    For testing (few godly users who were sensible and smart enough to help with testing): @JSPiRiT , @Lone Soul , @Electro CZE and @christopaul97
    zYkSW7S.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • IR camera
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS/GNSS
    • VoLTE

Known issues:
    • You tell me (None)

Instructions :
    • Reboot to Recovery (Preferably Ofox)
    • Wipe system, data, vendor, cache, dalvik
    • Now flash the LineageOS build and any other addons you want
    • You may flash OpenGapps and or Magisk
    • Reboot

Note: If you're unable to download Netflix or some other app from Play Store and or if you're unable to use Widevine L1, please consider flashing Magisk.

Downloads :
    • Official Build : Here
    • Firmware : All firmwares for lavender are supported (Prefer latest Global Stable)[/URL]

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Contributors
    AmulyaX, xdatman
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel Source: https://gitlab.com/kjjjnob/kernel_xiaomi_lavender_minimal

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-09-17
    Last Updated 2020-01-22
    Changelog

15/02/2020
    -February Security Patch
    -Fixed BT mic issues
    -Fixed some audio issues
    -Updated more blobs from latest CAF tag

22/01/2020
    -Initial Android 10 release
    -January Security Patch
    -Android 10 Blobs from Lavender Release

12/10/2019
    -October Security Patch Merged
    -Offline Charging Animation Added
    -Updated Vendor Security Patch string as people wanted it
    -FM has been fixed
    -Widevine L1 support added
    -WhatsApp VC Lag fixed
    -Major stability and performance improvements

16/09/2019
    -Initial Release
    -Elliptic Proximity Sensor has been thoroughly fixed
    -Rebased device tree on CAF
    -Major performance, battery and stability improvements
    LineageOS 16

Changelog
    -Initial Release
    -Elliptic Proximity Sensor has been thoroughly fixed
    -Rebased device tree on CAF
    -Major performance, battery and stability improvements

1. Flash GApps along with ROM
    2. CLEAN FLASH ONLY.
    3. Build with Stock kernel, I recommend using Genom
    5. No need to flash vbmeta or Magisk (to boot), flash Magisk only if you want root

LineageOS 17.1

WARNING: ANDROID 10 BLOBS require format /data after flashing build or data will be encrypted

Changelog
    -Initial Android 10 release
    -January Security Patch
    -Android 10 Blobs from Lavender Release

Please note:
    1. I prefer BiTGApps along with ROM ( https://t.me/bitgapps_downloads_official/320 , read carefully or you won't get Setup Wizard)
    2. BACKUP DATA as it needs to be FORMATTED.
    3. Built with Stock Minimal Kernel, do not use Custom Kernels as this uses new camera blobs, if you flash a custom kernel that doesn't support latest Xiaomi camera changes, camera won't work.
    5. Flash Magisk only if you want root

Thanks to @kjjjnob for his 'original work' for lavender, this man works throughout his free time to improve development scenario for lavender, not talking about building ROMs using trees, talking about making the sources better and usable with time and changes.