[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.0 for K-touch i9 mini-phone (Anica i9) (MT6739)

Search This thread

flinkerhase

Jan 14, 2020
By me the google play store is causing big system problems, it freezes the screen and phones reboots. It starts just by the login page, so often no chance to enter the pin. Could you upload a version of google apps which works with k-touch?
I think i would need something like a pico-version.

Buglamp

Nov 14, 2010
Amazing! Works on my K-touch i10 3/64gb except for gps and tethering. Anyone else have issues with these?

free30

May 24, 2016
Does anyone know how to update this version of android 10?
Or how to install the gsi version instead to be able to get updates.
Any clues would be great :)

Bublik82

Apr 29, 2020
hi guys .. I need the original preloader along with the scater file .. when I try to install the killed phone and not turning on now .. the flash tool sees and sews but doesn’t want to turn on without the original ... share the stock firmware .. thanks
I10 touch
Mt6739/v
3/32

Last edited:

Carrillo

Aug 14, 2008
always stock recovery

According the instruccions:
1. Unlock the phone (reboot to bootloader by holding volume up on boot, run `fastboot flashing unlock` and confirm)
2. Flash TWRP image from here
3. Reboot to recovery (hold volume up and choose Recovery accordingly)
4. Backup all stock partitions whatever way you like (especially boot / vendor)
5. Flash this LOS 17 port image and format data
6. Reboot and enjoy

Question:

Hello, I would like to update my anika i9, but I have a problem with the TWRP.
1 - I have download the indicated in the post.
2 - Then, I install the TWRP with the comand ADB (previously I have unlocked the phone).
3 - In the terminal, appear the correct message OK.
4 - But when I reboot the phone, the recovery is ALWAYS de stock

SOLUTION: I have tried to install TWRP again, and now it is ok. The problem was: is IMPORTANT that after you install the TWRP, the next boot should be in TWRP. If not, the stock recovery is installed again.

Last edited:

Carrillo

Aug 14, 2008
Radio FM

Radio FM is not working ¿is possible to install another apk?

Thank you very much, geat job.

Aug 4, 2020
i10 roms?

I've ported TWRP for the MT6580 version of the K-Touch I9. You can find it here:

Thanks so much! was pulling my hair out getting a newer TWRP to work.

I have another problem though: my MT6580 is the i10 not the i9, build h06_anica_i9_m8128_v0.8_20190902, kernel 3.18... Tried to install this lineage rom and I get error 255, obviously since this is not for the MT6580... I tried a few other older lineageOS roms and they installed but bootlooped... do you have a working Lineage OS for the Mt6580 variant that would run on the i10? I ask because the stock rom has Spyware/Adware/Trojans installed. I am about to install magisk to see if they can at least be removed to make the phone usable.. but would love a newer android or rom on the on the phone to be honest.

Thanks for this btw. thanks so much. :cowboy:

edit: um, you ported it but didn't bother to set the resolution to fit the screen dude.

Last edited:

cin242

Sep 24, 2020
MT6580 – Anica i10s

hi Ierlanfdan,

Thank you very much for your efforts & everything you have done here so far!

Unfortunately I’ve got the same result with the setup above (MT6580 – Anica i10s, build h06_anica_i9_m8128_v0.8_20190902, kernel 3.18): Installation of LineageOS ended with error 255.

If you have an idea how to fix this, pls. let us know, thank you!!

plumpkibbles

Sep 14, 2020
I have the Anica i10 - I believe another variant of the i9, this one I bought was listed as an i9s in the specs - listed as i10. I don't have any biometrics either, i.e. finger print scanner. I have the 'face unlock'. I'm not sure of the MTK, but it has 8.1 Oreo, very badly hacked - with malware.. I've removed what I can but I'd rather just flash another ROM..

Anyone have any thoughts for my device? I wouldn't mind Pie if I could get it. And which ROM does this use?? A/B or A or B?

Also - without root how would I go about backing up all the partitions without twrp? If I flash twrp without knowing my version - that could be bad not having the stock recovery - no? My security patch is also WAY out of date - Jul. 5th 2017

Kernel version:
3.18.19+ huasi007@huasi007 #1 Tue Oct 29 17:37:39 CST 2019

Baseband version:
MOLY.WR8.W1449.MD.WG.MP.V59.PA,2019/03/15 14:53

Build number:
H06_Anica_i9_M8128_V.10?_20191029

Update: Found an image for the 2GB/16GB i10 - https://www.getdroidtips.com/stock-rom-k-touch-i10/
Seems to be legit - I'm scared to flash it though lol Which version of SP Flash Tool works with MT6739? Scatter text shows this is an MT6739 - definitely want to make sure this is correct!

My Anica i10 is an MT6580 series with 2GB RAM / 16GB ROM. I cannot find a flash file for this phone!! I have found an older version but it is setup for a different ROM size and RAM size. I cannot even boot into recovery at this point. I need something!!

Last edited:

Raphaelius

Dec 6, 2020
Is it possible in the near future that you bring out newer ports like Lineage os 18(GSI) on this device.

I work for a wholesale electronics shop... got 2 of these in on a return pallet we bought

Holy crap this things awesome lmao Thanks for making the rom!

only issue i seem to be having with TWRP is touch doesn't function until i manually do an adb command. Couldn't slide the initial slider, but you can always do adb shell twrp sideload to bypass touch issues and still flash the rom

also, i'm gonna be trying this on the second device, but you can change system partition size

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

This is the LineageOS 17.0 (non-GSI) port for K-touch i9 a.k.a Anica i9. Due to the lack of kernel source code, this port comes with a prebuilt kernel image, but the ramdisk has been updated to support a proper System-as-Root system partition as is required by Android 10.

This is ONLY compatible with the MT6739 variant of this phone.

About the phone

The K-touch i9 is an ultra-mini phone produced by K-touch (Ktouch / Anica) based on the MT6739 SoC. I got the phone purely due to its interesting size (similar to the Palm phone) and the desire to port real custom ROMs to it to see if they can work well. I mainly use it as a backup phone, so this port might not be thoroughly tested enough for daily drive.

Known Issues

- Some particular animation / gifs will skip frames or repeat incorrectly

Images

nNcV.jpg

c5O5.jpg

Flashing instructions

1. Unlock the phone (reboot to bootloader by holding volume up on boot, run `fastboot flashing unlock` and confirm)
    2. Flash TWRP image from here
    3. Reboot to recovery (hold volume up and choose Recovery accordingly)
    4. Backup all stock partitions whatever way you like (especially boot / vendor)
    5. Flash this LOS 17 port image and format data
    6. Reboot and enjoy

Please note that after flashing this LOS 17 image, you have to restore the stock boot.img before being able to install A-only Android 10 GSIs again. Although you MIGHT be able to boot phh A/B GSI 10 on the boot.img of this LOS 17 port, please note that this is not tested and you still need to shrink the image size before phh GSIs can work -- the same as the A-only situation.

Why not GSI

There is no reason why not to use a phh GSI on this phone, given that phh GSIs work pretty well and I have actually fixed a few bugs for it too and I absolutely love it. However we can't play with some certain things, for example, transitioning to System-as-Root, in a GSI, and that's why I started this port just for fun. Also this device has such a small system partition that GSIs won't work out-of-the-box and require some manual adjustments just for the device, which kind of defeats the purpose. Nevertheless, I will contribute my fixes to GSIs so that things will work as well on GSIs as on my device-specific ROM ports.

Downloads

20191025: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261605900

Alternatively, you may check the latest updates to both the TWRP and the LOS 17 port on my GitHub

Source code

https://github.com/PeterCxy/android_device_ktouch_i9

There is no kernel source code available for this device, unfortunately.

Credits

all the people that have worked on MTK devices before me.
    I am unable to install TWRP in my K-touch i10s 4gb/64Gb MT 6580

Any help plz?
    Yes
    You are right it's not for the Mt 6580
    I've ported TWRP for the MT6580 version of the K-Touch I9. You can find it here:

https://github.com/Ierlandfan/K-Touch-I9