[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Amazon Fire HD8 7/6th gen (douglas/giza)

Search This thread

kai22321

Oct 2, 2022
Hi! Longtime follower and really appreciate all the work put into these roms. I've been running 15.1 for a while without any issues and decided to go for the upgrade. Everything seems to install alright but I when I go to reboot the Lineage OS splashscreen runs for a while before rebooting and sending me back to Recovery/TWRP.

Info
Device: Douglas
Build: lineage-17.1-20220809-UNOFFICIAL-douglas.zip
Flashed using TWRP 3.3.1-0
Installation: Wiped everything as instructed

Any support would be much appreciated! Cheers

puffdank

Apr 25, 2012
Hi! Longtime follower and really appreciate all the work put into these roms. I've been running 15.1 for a while without any issues and decided to go for the upgrade. Everything seems to install alright but I when I go to reboot the Lineage OS splashscreen runs for a while before rebooting and sending me back to Recovery/TWRP.

Info
Device: Douglas
Build: lineage-17.1-20220809-UNOFFICIAL-douglas.zip
Flashed using TWRP 3.3.1-0
Installation: Wiped everything as instructed

Any support would be much appreciated! Cheers
I'd try formatting the device in TWRP, the option will be right beside where you cleared prtitions from. This will usually clear up any bootloop or boot to recovery issue I face with other devices.

Reactions: koop1955

koop1955

Mar 17, 2011
Las Vegas
www.larrykuperman.com
I noticed the same. Usually overnight and when I pick up the tablet on the second day, I can see the wifi is disconnected for some reason.
@Rortiz2 I can verify the same thing. I hadn't noticed before due to usage, but after a significant amount of time, Wi-Fi disconnects. I get an "out of range" message. (Not valid, the range is fine.) After a reboot, it connects again.

legas

Sep 24, 2006
Also noticed the wifi connection issue - it won't connect to my dlink router, but works on my phone Hotspot. Shows wifi MAC unavailable when connected, maybe might be related to MAC randomization?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067-png.5435845

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.​

Instructions:
    • Reboot to recovery mode
    • Wipe data, system (/system_root) and cache
    • Flash the ROM and the Gapps
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    Downloads:
    Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Known issues:
    • Hardware decoding (OMX)
    • Deep sleep isn't working
    • Front camera and video recording
    • Can't connect to hidden SSIDs
    • Sound recording is broken
    Notes:
    • SELinux is in Permissive mode
    • The ROM only supports both douglas (Fire HD8 2017) and giza (Fire HD8 2016)
    • This ROM is in a very early beta phase, expect a lot of bugs
    How do I...
    • Unlock and install TWRP?
      • Follow the instructions of the unlock thread (douglas | giza)
    • Go back to the original/stock ROM?
      • Download the stock update.bin (douglas | giza) and flash it using TWRP

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Contributors
    R0rt1z2, FreakyyLike (for the douglas donation)
    Source Code: https://github.com/mt8163-dev
    Kernel source: https://github.com/mt8163-dev/android_kernel_amazon_mt8163
    New build available

2022-08-09 [douglas] [giza]

• Fixed all the sensors (automatic rotation too).
    • Fixed shutter button in the camera app.
    • Enabled tablet characteristics/features.

⏱ Change log/ Release notes

2022-08-09 [douglas] [giza]
    • Fixed all the sensors (automatic rotation too).
    • Fixed shutter button in the camera app.
    • Enabled tablet characteristics/features
    2022-08-06 [douglas] [giza]
    • Added ADB only config (fixes ADB on boot).
    • Switched to minimal LineageOS configs.
    • Switched to LZ4 compression for ZRAM.
    • Disabled vsync for CPU rendered apps.
    • Introduced and enabled IORap (prefetching).
    • Switched back to software gatekeeper hidl.
    2022-08-04 [douglas] [giza]
    • Enabled DVFS support.
    • Switched to HIDL PowerHAL.
    • Added support for Amazon's dynamic boost impl.
    • Fixed installation errors on giza.
    New build available

2022-08-06 [douglas] [giza]
    • Added ADB only config (fixes ADB on boot).
    • Switched to minimal LineageOS configs.
    • Switched to LZ4 compression for ZRAM.
    • Disabled vsync for CPU rendered apps.
    • Introduced and enabled IORap (prefetching).
    • Switched back to software gatekeeper hidl.
    On my Giza, I went from LineageOS 15.1 to 17.1 by wiping Dalvik and Cache in TWRP, and then pushing the new ROM through ADB sideload. I wanted to keep my installed software and configurations, that is why I went this route. LineageOS works basically, but it is flawed, and this is because of my short-cut installation path, I am quite certain (maybe I should have wiped system as well?). For example, screen rotation does not work, and neither do camera (did not work in 15.1 either) and microphone. However, I am also under the impression that this ROM offers a bit more speed, though I have not measured it yet.

BTW: Judith Durham died yesterday - what a beautiful voice!!
    When changes are made to the Android version (i.e version jump(s)/updates), it's always recommended to wipe everything (i.e start from 0, clean flash) to avoid potential problems. The bugs you mentioned are already known and are listed in the bugs section.

I'm glad to hear everyone is giving me positive feedback about the speed and smoothness of this ROM. Honestly, I spent most of my time optimizing the ROM to the max in order to take advantage of the full performance of this tablet.

I will continue working on fixing all the remaining bugs (I'm currently focusing on the annoying graphical glitches) as soon as possible. I only ask for a little of patience, as I am on vacation and I would like to enjoy my free time as well. I will keep you guys updated.​