[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy J4+ [j4primelte]

Search This thread

Fixway

Aug 6, 2020
U6 bootloader

Don't mind my previous posts, this is important. Just browsing on the web is eating into my battery. Battery life is a serious issue with this ROM.

hi guys! I updated my phone to the latest firmware. Now I have a u6 bootloader. Will I be able to flash this firmware without any problems?

pat_pxt07

Feb 27, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
Don't mind my previous posts, this is important. Just browsing on the web is eating into my battery. Battery life is a serious issue with this ROM.

I don't see any problem with the battery life of this rom and I'm a really heavy user

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200809-165541_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200809-165541_Settings.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 178

FredMontteiro

Dec 18, 2015
Hi budy, how are you? Sorry for my ignorance, I am using Google translator.

I will use LineageOS 17.1 as the basis for installing the Q android GSI.
J4 + is "ARM 32-bit, A-only". The link below says that for this type of device I can install the lineage "lineage-17.1-20200808-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm_avN.img.xz".

https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/lineage-17.x/

The questions are:

1. For this type of installation (GSI), can I use your ROM as a base? Or better to use the rom in the link I showed above?
2. In your Rom, does VoLTE works in the last update? Thank you!

Last edited:

Andhika24kd

Jan 28, 2017
Jakarta
1. For this type of installation (GSI), can I use your ROM as a base? Or better to use the rom in the link I showed above?
I assume your device is J4+, then it's better to use this one rather than the "universal" GSI one. GSI may contain dirty patches to make it work with as many device as possible. While this is good, it may also backfire and cause instability or unexpected behaviour on some devices. There are already some threads about GSI ROM on J4+ forum, take a look.

2. In your Rom, does VoLTE works in the last update? Thank you!
I don't think so. But well.. nowadays almost everyone use WiFi all the time so it's not a big deal for me.

Last edited:

Azizetto

Jun 24, 2019
j4 plus lineage 17 gapps help

wow excited.. downloading now and will try it again.. this rom is light and speedy when i first tried it. Thanks for making ROMs and updating us to give us better experience with our j4 plus.:good:

hello I've flashed Lineage 17 android 10 on my j4 Plus I was before android 9 and Lineage 16, but I cannot install gapps I've downloaded any but flashing it give me an Error

Tab_Triggerhappy

Jun 13, 2020
I came from Pie and Ashyx's TWRP (where he says custom kernel brakes the lockscreen). So no lockscreen when I tested RR-ROM.
I did have the red error message at startup about kernel not being seandroid enforcing, but phone booted ok.
In this thread it says it's ok to just flash this ROM and Magisk if you come from other custom ROM and it also says lockscreen is fixed, but after flashing this I activated the lockscreen with PIN code,
but I can't unlock it with the correct PIN. It says "Wrong PIN".

So my questions is for you guys that has Ashyx's TWRP with the extra zips and kernel... (Pie version)
Should I go through with TWRP flashing etc from beginning, skip other ROM and flash Lineage, Gapps and Magisk. And then also skip PIN lockscreen?
Or should I first flash stock Pie firmware and then the above?
Or something else? :)

Oh, and Magisk failed the number 2 in the checking thingy...

Last edited:

ataberkozen

I came from Pie and Ashyx's TWRP (where he says custom kernel brakes the lockscreen). So no lockscreen when I tested RR-ROM.
I did have the red error message at startup about kernel not being seandroid enforcing, but phone booted ok.
In this thread it says it's ok to just flash this ROM and Magisk if you come from other custom ROM and it also says lockscreen is fixed, but after flashing this I activated the lockscreen with PIN code,
but I can't unlock it with the correct PIN. It says "Wrong PIN".

So my questions is for you guys that has Ashyx's TWRP with the extra zips and kernel... (Pie version)
Should I go through with TWRP flashing etc from beginning, skip other ROM and flash Lineage, Gapps and Magisk. And then also skip PIN lockscreen?
Or should I first flash stock Pie firmware and then the above?
Or something else? :)

Oh, and Magisk failed the number 2 in the checking thingy...

You can flash this rom on top of any rom only if you wipe.

Andhika24kd

Jan 28, 2017
Jakarta
@ataberkozen any plan to update it with newer LOS patch? It seems that there are few notable changes since your last release, including switching from AOSP Calendar to Etar.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see before that you're planning to bring LOS 18.

Last edited:

JNCentino

Dec 3, 2020
Hello, developer. I got this one problem, it says that "the kernel is not seandroid enforcing"
any help will be appreciated.
flashing it with j415gn

-it works fine now.

Thanks for this ROM, now I finally degoogled my phone.

Last edited:

paourismp

Jul 24, 2014
Hi. Is a guide exist to revert back to stock rom, recovery and so on?

I can't use the bank app to pay via nfc. Deal braker!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Flashlight
    • Mobicore keystore

Known issues:
    • VoLTE
    • Selinux is permissive

Instructions :
    • If you're on oreo, flash OneUI latest.
    • Download the latest build.
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build.
    • Optional: Flash GApps for Google Services and Magisk for root.
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Sources :

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy J4+ [j4primelte], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J4+

Contributors
    ataberkozen
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OneUI, U2
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.1
    Beta Release Date: 2020-02-25

Created 2020-02-25
    Last Updated 2020-03-10
    Changelogs :
    Public Beta 3 - 18/03/2020 :
    • Fixed a issue which some users have broken ril.
    • Fixed a issue which some users have broken nfc.

Public Beta 2 - 10/03/2020 :
    • Merge Security Patch: 5 March 2020
    • Fix audio on second sim: @Geckyn
    • Fix HDR on Camera.
    • Fix FM Radio.
    • Fix torch releated issues.
    • Fix Mac Adress releated issues.
    • LineageOS Source Upstream.

Public Beta 1 - 26/02/2020 :
    • First public release.

Let me make the steps clear for you:
    1) You must be on Android Pie (custom or stock ROM doesn't matter). If you're on Samsung Oreo (U2), upgrade to Samsung Pie first so the device bootloader will be upgraded to U4 or newer.
    2) If you're on Samsung Pie, flash TWRP and do all the required steps (this includes flashing RMM bypass, flashing encryption disabler, and formatting your data). If you're already using custom ROM, just skip this step.
    3) Go to TWRP. As far as I remember, you can boot directly to TWRP by pressing POWER + VOL UP when the device is off.
    4) In TWRP, swipe to allow modifications. Go to wipe - advanced wipe - and select dalvik/ART, system, data, and cache - swipe to wipe. You may also want to wipe your internal/external storage to avoid dirty data from previous ROM and apps.
    5) Go to install - select your ROM zip and flash it - also flash Magisk and GApps after that (if needed)
    6) Reboot system. If asked to install TWRP system app, just unselect all checkboxes and press do not install.
    7) You're done. First boot will take a while, be patient.

No, kernel is already shipped within the ROM itself. No ROM comes with no kernel (lol). Moreover, most custom kernels on the J4+ forum may not be compatible for Android 10 yet. The OP also stated do not flash custom kernel if you want to get his support. However, if you insisted, make sure to reflash Magisk (if installed before) after flashing custom kernel. Alternatively, flash the custom kernel first before flashing Magisk.

No, OrangeFox recovery is not tested. If you're having trouble flashing the ROM using OrangeFox, unpack TWRP tar file and flash the recovery.img as recovery inside OrangeFox. After reboot, you will have TWRP again as your recovery (press POWER + VOL UP, as stated earlier).

ROM screenshot: (Stock apps are actually there and just like in LOS 16, sorry I already uninstalled most of them)
    Special Thanks :
    • @BarryBlackCat for non-stop, day and night testing builds.
    • @Geckyn for pointing out some stuff. Thanks man.
    Man... greetings..
    First, good job... good rom...
    So, I found some problems... One of these problems I managed to solve.
    The speaker sound is too low. All apps that need to use the speaker add up with a very low sound. The solution is to edit the file /vendor/etc/mixer_paths.xml :

Lines: 1025, 1043, 1051, 1057, 1062, 1067, 1072, 1295, 1300, 1305, 1407, 1412, 1417, 1517, 1600, 1605, 1679, 1684, 1757, 1762, 1830, 1835, 2015, 2033, , 2051, 2081, 2086, 2341, 2443 and 2467,

Change values to 100 in this lines:
    <ctl name="RX3 Digital Volume" value="100"/>

The sound on the speakers is now loud and good.

Another problem is with the radio that the sound does not work through the speaker. I will try to find the cause and the solution to this.

Sorry my bad english.
    I hope this can help.
    nice, how can i do that?