[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (SM-T805 - chagalllte & SM-T705 - klimtlte)

Search This thread
Mar 11, 2023
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
At the moment no.
T-800 is boot looping, so no point attempting another device
I apologise if this is out of the scope of this thread, but is there anything I could do to help further the development of the 18.1 build for T700, seeing as I'm in the same boat as @Charuzu here and 17.1's performance left much to be desired. I'm currently running on 14.1 Deathly which is the only one with usable performance in my case.
Unfortunately, I'm not one with the programming knowledge to build 18.1 for the T700 myself, but would be more than willing to try anything that you could conjure. I'd be more than happy to provide any logs etc. that you require to figure out what has gone wrong if such a contingency does occur. I understand that you are short on time and thus wish to aid the development of our beloved tablets.

Unrelated to my main question, but how different are the T-X00 and T-X05 variants? I doubt flashing an T-X05 rom onto an T-X00 would go well but are there fundamental differences in roms between the two, besides the lte support and possibly accounting for the qualcomm/non mali variants?

bluess57

I apologise if this is out of the scope of this thread, but is there anything I could do to help further the development of the 18.1 build for T700, seeing as I'm in the same boat as @Charuzu here and 17.1's performance left much to be desired. I'm currently running on 14.1 Deathly which is the only one with usable performance in my case.
Unfortunately, I'm not one with the programming knowledge to build 18.1 for the T700 myself, but would be more than willing to try anything that you could conjure. I'd be more than happy to provide any logs etc. that you require to figure out what has gone wrong if such a contingency does occur. I understand that you are short on time and thus wish to aid the development of our beloved tablets.

Unrelated to my main question, but how different are the T-X00 and T-X05 variants? I doubt flashing an T-X05 rom onto an T-X00 would go well but are there fundamental differences in roms between the two, besides the lte support and possibly accounting for the qualcomm/non mali variants?
You really don't need to be a programmer to build these roms, just a willingness to try, a Linux system to build on , some free disk space, an ability to read/follow instructions, use Google, time, post questions on forums when stumped for an answer.

As for tablet differences, I haven't closely looked at them all, but one example is battery size.
This is reflected in the kernel code as different code for driving the different hardware.
Hence you cannot run a T805 build on a T705

bluess57

some ideas->
Upgrade the thermal pads in the device- see the thermal mod thread

turn off location services/turn on battery optimizer etc

if you're comfortable with adb or have root on device , the scaling govenor can be changed.
By default it's been set to interactive in the kernel.
iirc deathly adiutor might do it , or some other kernel app.

using adb root shell

Code:
chagalllte:/ # cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor                                                                                                
interactive
chagalllte:/ # cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors                                                                                     
conservative ondemand userspace powersave interactive performance 
chagalllte:/ # echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor                                                                                 
ondemand
chagalllte:/ #

Mar 11, 2023
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
You really don't need to be a programmer to build these roms, just a willingness to try, a Linux system to build on , some free disk space, an ability to read/follow instructions, use Google, time, post questions on forums when stumped for an answer.

As for tablet differences, I haven't closely looked at them all, but one example is battery size.
This is reflected in the kernel code as different code for driving the different hardware.
Hence you cannot run a T805 build on a T705
For the former, there seem to be quite a few resources for building Lineage for un an unsupported device, XDA and Reddit may turn out to be my best friends, with WSL giving me a platform without having to install a seperate nix OS; leading to what is going to keep me occupied for the next couple months as I have all the time in the world.

For the latter, my question pertained to the respective 00 variant for an 05 device, like flashing a T705 rom onto the T700, or an T805 rom on the T800. The major difference seemed to be the cellular support (from what I can see on GSMArena anyway), as both klimt and chagall use the Exynos 5420.

robbymarshal

Mar 15, 2023
some ideas->
Upgrade the thermal pads in the device- see the thermal mod thread

turn off location services/turn on battery optimizer etc

if you're comfortable with adb or have root on device , the scaling govenor can be changed.
By default it's been set to interactive in the kernel.
iirc deathly adiutor might do it , or some other kernel app.

using adb root shell

Code:
interactive
chagalllte:/ # cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors                                                                                   
conservative ondemand userspace powersave interactive performance
chagalllte:/ # echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor                                                                               
ondemand
chagalllte:/ #
Great I'm ordering some thermal pads. Plus I wanna know that I am getting 4 hrs sot with wifi and offline video playback . Earlier when on stock I used to just read books never turned wifi on and it lasted for weeks. Will getting a new battery after almost 10 years help or it won't make a difference.

bluess57

Great I'm ordering some thermal pads. Plus I wanna know that I am getting 4 hrs sot with wifi and offline video playback . Earlier when on stock I used to just read books never turned wifi on and it lasted for weeks. Will getting a new battery after almost 10 years help or it won't make a difference.
A new battery is likely to help with better battery life, if you can get a real 7900mAh one.

bluess57

For the former, there seem to be quite a few resources for building Lineage for un an unsupported device, XDA and Reddit may turn out to be my best friends, with WSL giving me a platform without having to install a seperate nix OS; leading to what is going to keep me occupied for the next couple months as I have all the time in the world.

For the latter, my question pertained to the respective 00 variant for an 05 device, like flashing a T705 rom onto the T700, or an T805 rom on the T800. The major difference seemed to be the cellular support (from what I can see on GSMArena anyway), as both klimt and chagall use the Exynos 5420.
Windows WSL might have some peculiarities, idk. A Dual booting setup is possibly better way, apart from buying a dedicated computer for linux.

Yes the main differences between Tx00 variant and Tx05 variant is the lte cellular hardware and kernel software to support it.

robbymarshal

Mar 15, 2023
A new battery is likely to help with better battery life, if you can get a real 7900mAh one.
I'm sorry I didn't mention my model is T705 and it has a 4900 mah battery almost the same my mobile phone has on which I get 8hrs sot. So due to the size difference i kinda accepted the less backup on the tab. Thats why I got confused on getting a new one. Only the 4900 mah is available in my country costing 13$.

Mar 11, 2023
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Windows WSL might have some peculiarities, idk. A Dual booting setup is possibly better way, apart from buying a dedicated computer for linux.

Yes the main differences between Tx00 variant and Tx05 variant is the lte cellular hardware and kernel software to support it.
Slightly starved for space at the present moment, especially if I need to allocate space for caching, but I might try installing Ubuntu to an external SSD and run it off that if WSL does have issues. I'll begin with LOS 20 and work backwards from there if unsuccessful, especially seeing as if the possibility of further improvements exists like the ones that 18.1 brought over 17.1, I'd take them.

bluess57

Slightly starved for space at the present moment, especially if I need to allocate space for caching, but I might try installing Ubuntu to an external SSD and run it off that if WSL does have issues. I'll begin with LOS 20 and work backwards from there if unsuccessful, especially seeing as if the possibility of further improvements exists like the ones that 18.1 brought over 17.1, I'd take them.
Don't try and start with LOS 20. Get a working 17.1 or 18.1 build going first.
There are too many unknowns yet re: LOS 20 , guarenteed it won't boot, whether it's even possible at all to run on these old devices.
And initially there is a fair amount to learn.

qojote

Feb 15, 2020
Hi. Thanks for that great ROM. I am running it on a T705 and quite everything is working fine. Battery drain is okayish as well. However the video playback in the Chrunchyroll app stucks even at low quality. Netflix and other are doing just fine. Maybe someone could point me to a tweak to squeeze out some more video decoding power? Does it make sense to play around with the governor? BR

bluess57

Logcat w załączniku

Edit.
I tried on your second firmware (LineageOS 18.1) and there is the same problem :/
On the Samsung soft all it works.

For bluetooth calls, no idea if this will work or not (it probably won't),

If you've got root / or ok with using ADB
Try setting changing these properties in the build.prop file
audio_hal.force_voice_config=narrow

and separately add this
audio_hal.disable_two_mic=1

From the log supplied, the bt_wbs is off, so above should align it with the bluetooth setting.

Code:
setAudioParameters for 30:10:B3:B9:FE:90: bt_headset_name=MEX-N5100BT;bt_headset_nrec=off;bt_wbs=off

Maltoo7497

Aug 19, 2022
For bluetooth calls, no idea if this will work or not (it probably won't),

If you've got root / or ok with using ADB
Try setting changing these properties in the build.prop file
audio_hal.force_voice_config=narrow

and separately add this
audio_hal.disable_two_mic=1

From the log supplied, the bt_wbs is off, so above should align it with the bluetooth setting.

Code:
setAudioParameters for 30:10:B3:B9:FE:90: bt_headset_name=MEX-N5100BT;bt_headset_nrec=off;bt_wbs=off
I'm sorry but that didn't solve the problem :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thought I'd start a new thread.
    My build is available for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE (chagalllte) SM-T805 and now SM-T705 (klimtlte)
    For SM-T805 this is a SELinux enforced build .

LTE mobile data works for me, which it seems most people want working.

Latest version

Incorporates latest patches:-
    https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:Q_asb_2022-10

SM-T705 Klimtlte ( not SELinux enforced ) - currently untested, use at own risk

You will need to
    Flash TWRP Recovery
    Wipe Data
    Install for your device with TWRP

I only have SM-T805 device, so I cannot test builds for other variants.

Please if you cannot use ADB and provide logcat files of issues - do not use.

I put Magisk onto this build and it works

Due to LineageOS camera (Video recording does not save), it is planned to be replaced with graphene OS camera code.

BTW fingerprint is not very good.
    The settings can capture fingerprints , but the unlock screen for me is not very successful and basically not usable for me.

The updated version for chagalllte & klimtlte contains fixes for IR , and for Camera .apk

Kernel source from exynos5420 at
    I probably shouldn't do this... bit of a tease... it's early days
    likely problems/bugs to fix
    Good evening. I'm sorry to ask again, but will Lineage 18 become available for T700 eventually? Will it also be faster than this current 17?

Anyway, here are the problems/bugs i encountered with this rom for months:

-Device slows down drastically when adjusting volume. The slowdown starts as soon as the volume rocker bar appears on the screen. The slowdown/lag disappears once the volume rocker bar disappears.

-Sliding the status bar all the way down while vibration is on will show "Phone on vibrate" rather than "Tablet on vibrate".

-Upon connecting to wifi, the device slows down drastically for 5 to 20 seconds, even if no other social media app is allowed to run on background (or basically any app that would use wifi upon detecting internet connection.) I can't determine which causes the lag.

-It takes 2-3 seconds for the flashlight to open upon tapping. So laggy.

-Please fix video saving issue.

Suggestions:

-Light theme could be more distinctive from dark theme, not just inverted colors. It looks too plain and lacks boldness.

-An option to switch screen resolutions with their respective DPIs. It would be so useful to have an option to move from 1080res down to 720res for increased performance, at the cost of lesser display quality.

-App drawer could be more similar to one ui or touchwiz launcher, it looks so, so much better for this tablet.

-An option to make wallpaper not forced to "stretch wallpaper to scroll along with wallpaper". I want the image to stay at full, unstretched or unzoomed resolution and not a "Wallpaper scrolls with homescreen" one.

-Better sound equalizer. Fine-tuned settings that bring the most volume out whilst maintaning clarity and some bass.

-Please fix video saving issue.

That's everything i can say for now, thank you very much for your time reading this. Stay safe, and best wishes for you dev.
    Hi, haven't you fixed boot loop bug yet?
    Excuse me! if this lineage os 17.1 rom is buggy, can't you create lineage os 18.1 (android 11) for sm t805 or modify crdroid android 10?
    As @Paul1235 in this thread said I downloaded the crdroid from this link:
    and it's good rom with a lot of themes without boot loop bug, can't you modify it? maybe that would work.
    Please 🙏 install it first and if it's bad leave it, I loved it 👌

Busy with other distractions, try this