• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700, SM-T705, SM-T800, SM-T800, SM-P600)

Search This thread
Unfortunately I could not find something suspicious up to now. Can you please send me one more logcat after switching air-plain-mode on and off twice?
let's try adb logcat -b all -v time > log.txt
it's should take more detail
update : his log too difficult to read but

[07-25 12:42:09.668 3252:14283 I/Telecom]
PhoneAccountRegistrar: getSimCallManager: SimCallManager for subId 1 queried, returning: null: [email protected]

Reactions: masdaster

masdaster

Jul 3, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
OnePlus 8T
let's try adb logcat -b all -v time > log.txt
it's should take more detail
update : his log too difficult to read but

[07-25 12:42:09.668 3252:14283 I/Telecom]
PhoneAccountRegistrar: getSimCallManager: SimCallManager for subId 1 queried, returning: null: [email protected]
Thank you! I have excluded too many rows. xD

One other thing:
I've extracted Deathly Adiutor from LineageOS 14.1 because I could not find it anywhere. If someone needs it, here it is. All visible features are working with modified boot.img as far as I can see.

Attachments

• DeathlyAdiutor.apk
    3.5 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Reactions: chame93 and maxq1

notasheepl

Jul 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
It's not happening, when you have installed lineage's boot image? Can you reproduce it and get logcat for me? Maybe we can fix it. ;)
The first file shows the classic crash after unlocking the device. The black lines showed up like last time.
The second one was surprising.
After it crashed and rebooted itself, I unlocked it and it… DIDN'T REBOOT! For whatever reason it was “working smoothly” UI felt a lot smoother, so then I opened youtube, but the app kept crashing. A few times it was stable enough to play a video, but then it eventually crashed, and then I just left it on the home screen, and it was smooth, but then the whole thing crashed and rebooted like normal. Unfortunately, I didn't catch if the black lines showed up this time. Then I just restored the boot.img with twrp and went back to the stock image.

Hope this is useful.

Also, there is this weird thing with MTP.
I have to press File transfer then press midi for it to show up on my Windows 10 pc.
If I just press File transfer then windows just give me a “cannot recognize device” / “device malfunction” error.
Just something weird. If I do the midi thing I can transfer files to it.
And this might not be very important, but I have had it repaired by some random repair shop. It didn't charge, so I think they just replaced the USB port. And when it ran the RR rom there were 2 times when it froze, probably cause of overheating, the screen was stuck on the last frame it displayed and made the classic BSOD sound until it ran out of battery.

Edit: Unlike last time, this time the tablet was fully loaded up with everything and had 3 user profiles.

*Logcat removed*

Last edited:
Reactions: masdaster

spton

May 23, 2014
edit I can only get TWRP ver 3.01 to run without hanging on twrp logo and it won't load lineage 17 without error...I've been running lineage(14?) android 7 for awhile on my sm-t800 (Canadian) with twrp. can I wipe data etc and flash this lineage 17 rom (android 10) and Gapps or are there any other steps to moving forward? thanks!

Last edited:

marcopolo44

Jul 26, 2021
Buenas tardes, tengo el T705 lLTE con Android 6, que bueno que se puede actualizar a Android 10 nuestra tablet, tengo poco conocimiento para realizar los pasos de instalación que indican al inicio del post, que recomendaciones me darían para evitar problemas en el funcionamiento de la tablet?, muchas gracias

Traducción de GT: Buenas tardes, tengo la T705 lLTE con Android 6, bueno que nuestra tablet se pueda actualizar a Android 10, tengo poco conocimiento para realizar los pasos de instalación indicados al inicio del post, que recomendaciones me darían para evitar problemas en el funcionamiento de la tablet?, muchas gracias

Last edited:

masdaster

Jul 3, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
OnePlus 8T
The first file shows the classic crash after unlocking the device. The black lines showed up like last time.
The second one was surprising.
After it crashed and rebooted itself, I unlocked it and it… DIDN'T REBOOT! For whatever reason it was “working smoothly” UI felt a lot smoother, so then I opened youtube, but the app kept crashing. A few times it was stable enough to play a video, but then it eventually crashed, and then I just left it on the home screen, and it was smooth, but then the whole thing crashed and rebooted like normal. Unfortunately, I didn't catch if the black lines showed up this time. Then I just restored the boot.img with twrp and went back to the stock image.

Hope this is useful.
Thank you! Unfortunately I need more information and I cannot reproduce it on my device. I've installed YouTube but even when watching HQ videos, there was no crash... 🤔
Can you please upload last_kmsg after a crash? You can grab it with adb ("adb pull /proc/last_kmsg last_kmsg"), with a root file manager or with the file manager of TWRP. You can find it in "/proc".

Reactions: notasheepl

masdaster

Jul 3, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
OnePlus 8T
edit I can only get TWRP ver 3.01 to run without hanging on twrp logo and it won't load lineage 17 without error...I've been running lineage(14?) android 7 for awhile on my sm-t800 (Canadian) with twrp. can I wipe data etc and flash this lineage 17 rom (android 10) and Gapps or are there any other steps to moving forward? thanks!
No, there is no extra step. You can do it this way. But it is recommended to use the latest TWRP. Is your firmware up to date?

WunderWungiel

Dec 14, 2020

notasheepl

Jul 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Thank you! Unfortunately I need more information and I cannot reproduce it on my device. I've installed YouTube but even when watching HQ videos, there was no crash... 🤔
Can you please upload last_kmsg after a crash? You can grab it with adb ("adb pull /proc/last_kmsg last_kmsg"), with a root file manager or with the file manager of TWRP. You can find it in "/proc".
I used twrp and both of the files had the same name without the numbers.

*last_kmsg removed*

Last edited:

spton

May 23, 2014
No, there is no extra step. You can do it this way. But it is recommended to use the latest TWRP. Is your firmware up to date?
ok I tried flashing using The only TWRP version I can get to run 3.0.1 without locking at the TWRP logo and I got an error as it tries to flash this rom. I tried running every newer version of TWRP via Odin latest and they all lock at the TWRP logo except 3.0.1. Any ideas?. Also how do I check the firmware of tablet t-800 is up to date? so for now I have flashed back lineage14.1
thank you sir!

Last edited:

pecigatt

Jul 11, 2012
hello, i came to thank you for the work that gave new life to our Tab s, i'm running lineage 17 on the T705m and so far everything is very good...thanks very much...and any update is always welcome...

Reactions: WunderWungiel

masdaster

Jul 3, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
OnePlus 8T
ok I tried flashing using The only TWRP version I can get to run 3.0.1 without locking at the TWRP logo and I got an error as it tries to flash this rom. I tried running every newer version of TWRP via Odin latest and they all lock at the TWRP logo except 3.0.1. Any ideas?. Also how do I check the firmware of tablet t-800 is up to date? so for now I have flashed back lineage14.1
thank you sir!
Sorry. I've never heard of an easy way to check your current firmware version.
Just flash the latest firmware with ODIN. You can download it from here.

spton

May 23, 2014
edit: okay so I just updated the Samsung firmware with the last Samsung firmware and flashed everything according to your instructions with the only version of TWRP that I can get running without stalling on the TWRP logo which is TWRP version 3.0.1 and I got the error again during flashing your room. I've included a picture of the screen with the error.
the only version TWRP I can get to run is older 3.0.1 and that gives me an error when I try to flash your lineage17. other newer versions just lock on the TWRP logo. so unless I can figure that out which I think is the problem or to have an idea I'm just going to have to stick with the lineage 14.1. unless you think the error is a firmware issue and not an older twrp issue?

Attachments

• 20210728_190747.jpg
    20210728_190747.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:

masdaster

Jul 3, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
OnePlus 8T
edit: okay so I just updated the Samsung firmware with the last Samsung firmware and flashed everything according to your instructions with the only version of TWRP that I can get running without stalling on the TWRP logo which is TWRP version 3.0.1 and I got the error again during flashing your room. I've included a picture of the screen with the error.
the only version TWRP I can get to run is older 3.0.1 and that gives me an error when I try to flash your lineage17. other newer versions just lock on the TWRP logo. so unless I can figure that out which I think is the problem or to have an idea I'm just going to have to stick with the lineage 14.1. unless you think the error is a firmware issue and not an older twrp issue?
Without having log files it's hard to guess, what's going wrong.

I've found this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/twrp-stuck-on-splash-screen.3541037/
Did you wait for several minutes? Do you use f2fs?

WunderWungiel

Dec 14, 2020
Just search the internet. There are many tutorials. 😉
I forgot 🙃
I have ADB and Fastboot already installed on my Arch Linux.
Afterwards execute the following command and upload the file:
Code:
adb logcat -b all -v time > log.txt
Do I have to do it while I am in TWRP? Or after successfull flash (when tablet is turned on)?

Top Liked Posts