• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700, SM-T705, SM-T800, SM-T800, SM-P600)

Search This thread

masdaster

Jul 3, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
OnePlus 8T
Is crdroid performing better/more stable than lineage? If so, I might be inclined to flashing it.
I did no side by side comparison. First I flashed LineageOS and noticed a freeze after every reboot when unlocking the device the first time. The boot process took 42 seconds. Then the screen was frozen for a couple of seconds. Afterwards I flashed crDroid. It takes about 48-50 seconds to boot and there was no freeze. That's all I can say regarding performance. Stability is also very good. I had no crash up to now.

Here is the link for downloading:
I compiled a new version (002) and reverted two memory modifications. Maybe this will help...

To all other users without reboots:
There is no need to 'update'. No new features were added.

notasheepl

Jul 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
I did no side by side comparison. First I flashed LineageOS and noticed a freeze after every reboot when unlocking the device the first time. The boot process took 42 seconds. Then the screen was frozen for a couple of seconds. Afterwards I flashed crDroid. It takes about 48-50 seconds to boot and there was no freeze. That's all I can say regarding performance. Stability is also very good. I had no crash up to now.

I compiled a new version (002) and reverted two memory modifications. Maybe this will help...

To all other users without reboots:
There is no need to 'update'. No new features were added.
Will test this ASAP.
And yes, I do experience the “freeze”. It is not really a freeze for me. I will put in the pattern and nothing will happen, then after like a minute I have to put in my pattern again. This sometimes happens when I switch user profiles too.
Will try crdroid too.

edit: It got hot af. with in like a few minutes after booting and youtube crashes after a bit.
edit2: it crashed full on with the samsung splash and all.
edit3: Tried crdroid with v1 kernal. Crash with samsung splash after a few minutes.
edit4: v2 is more broken than v1. bootlooped for a while then crashed after loading.

gonna test out crdroid for now.

Last edited:
Will test this ASAP.
And yes, I do experience the “freeze”. It is not really a freeze for me. I will put in the pattern and nothing will happen, then after like a minute I have to put in my pattern again. This sometimes happens when I switch user profiles too.
Will try crdroid too.

edit: It got hot af. with in like a few minutes after booting and youtube crashes after a bit.
edit2: it crashed full on with the samsung splash and all.
edit3: Tried crdroid with v1 kernal. Crash with samsung splash after a few minutes.
edit4: v2 is more broken than v1. bootlooped for a while then crashed after loading.

gonna test out crdroid for now.
enter to the recovery mode (TWRP) and copy file last_kmsg from /proc/last_kmsg and attach to here if i have a free time i will look it

notasheepl

Jul 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
dont compress just pull that file and upload it
log looks weird, its throw dw_mmc dw_mmc.2: data CRC error
try to wipe system data and reflash the rom again
I checked the md5 and then wiped everything with the advance options, then flashed crdroid with pico gapps. Crashed both times with the custom kernels and now using the stock one.
I can't just upload the last_kmsg. It won't show up on the site after I post it. Also, I didn't compress it. It is just a tarball. Will reflash and see what happens. Might go to straight factory firmware, then do it all over again.

I checked the md5 and then wiped everything with the advance options, then flashed crdroid with pico gapps. Crashed both times with the custom kernels and now using the stock one.
I can't just upload the last_kmsg. It won't show up on the site after I post it. Also, I didn't compress it. It is just a tarball. Will reflash and see what happens. Might go to straight factory firmware, then do it all over again.
ok so if custom kernel didn't work try stock that coming with rom from 8224Freak i will look the log again

Reactions: notasheepl

Top Liked Posts