• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700, SM-T705, SM-T800, SM-T800, SM-P600)

Search This thread
Yup. Currently, on crdroid stock and it seems to be stable. Web browsers crash (even the included one) but it is still very usable. Will need more time to see if it is better than lineage.
from what i faced cause from memory management, gpu, out of memory, low memory killer and so on need to patch it a lot. don't know masdaster do in memory patch i have no clue.

WunderWungiel

Dec 14, 2020
How to fix slow charging issue?
Can I use Dealthy Adiutor on this ROM?
Can I fix slow charging with this solution:
?
Please, reply. I really need faster charging

aljoscha81

Apr 23, 2016
I did no side by side comparison. First I flashed LineageOS and noticed a freeze after every reboot when unlocking the device the first time. The boot process took 42 seconds. Then the screen was frozen for a couple of seconds. Afterwards I flashed crDroid. It takes about 48-50 seconds to boot and there was no freeze. That's all I can say regarding performance. Stability is also very good. I had no crash up to now.

I compiled a new version (002) and reverted two memory modifications. Maybe this will help...

To all other users without reboots:
There is no need to 'update'. No new features were added.
i don't got first version of the kernel booting it freezes the locked screen so you can't use the tablet after i flashed a second time the screen gets black stripes freezes alsoi use the t805

masdaster

i don't got first version of the kernel booting it freezes the locked screen so you can't use the tablet after i flashed a second time the screen gets black stripes freezes alsoi use the t805
On first boot it immediately crashes? Do you use LineageOS?

@ISoreo
Do you have an idea, why I have no problem at all? I couldn't reproduce any of the mentioned crashes so far. :(

On first boot it immediately crashes? Do you use LineageOS?

@ISoreo
Do you have an idea, why I have no problem at all? I couldn't reproduce any of the mentioned crashes so far. :(
i have no idea since last_kmsg throws data CRC error and seems the kernel can't init itself correctly, it can't find a lot hardware driver to boot it properly, that's not good and should to rebuild the kernel again

How to fix slow charging issue?
Can I use Dealthy Adiutor on this ROM?
Can I fix slow charging with this solution:
?
Please, reply. I really need faster charging
let me see if i can bring it to my config

masdaster

i have no idea since last_kmsg throws data CRC error and seems the kernel can't init itself correctly, it can't find a lot hardware driver to boot it properly, that's not good and should to rebuild the kernel again
Okay. Do you have an idea, why it's working on my device? If the image would be broken, I would have all the trouble too, wouldn't I?

Okay. Do you have an idea, why it's working on my device? If the image would be broken, I would have all the trouble too, wouldn't I?
i'm not quite sure that cause to your boot.img or else i have no clue make sure mka clean and mka bootimage again and let him test if still same, he might have something wrong i don't know. i have clueless

notasheepl

Jul 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Finally, I am no longer alone in this world. WE ARE BROTHERS ACROSS SPACE AND TIME!

Switch to crdroid. It feels a bit smoother (no lag on unlock) on my T805 and the people making the kernels prefer it.

Opteronvoz

Dec 27, 2009
Disclaimer: English is NOT my first language. If any part appears to be ambiguous, or redundant, please let me know!

1. Stability :
Well, screw what I said before :(
I've been too foolish to conclude with just ebook reading and Netflix.​
I get random app crashes (disappearing) - from browser, to Google News, and even ... a file manager. But once you reload the app, it seems to behave as expected.​
o_O Small annoyance:I am asked to choose what to do with my SD card (integrated storage or removable) and either choice forces you to format your card before any app can access it!!! :eek:
It's been great.
I don't use GApps, I use MicroG.
Initially, I got quite a bit of random app "disappearances" (they crashed but with no force close message or anything like that). What I got was "Google service stopped working".
Solution (or so I think):
  1. I flashed masdaster's boot.img - the one with many CPU governors to choose from. Not sure if he's released any newer ones.
  2. And I use Smartpack kernel manager to set a few things, these were suggested in a post somewhere like page 15-18. I can't remember who posted but they work really well.
Here's the SmartPack config:​
[I use 1600] CPU max frequency 1700 (1800 makes it run too hot, might go down to 1600 if 1700 still runs hot). Min 100hz (apply on boot)​
Governor at interactive​
[I don't use this line, just leave it as "stock"] Target loads at 75 600000:75 800000:85 1500000:90 1700000:95​
Multi-core power saving enabled​
CPU boost enabled​
Kernal samepage off and disabled on boot​
Low memory killer off and disabled on boot (Low memory killer has to be disabled on very device reboot from the app)​
Z-ram 4096 and lz4 compression. Might try lzo later. (apply on boot)​
Virtual memory turntable on​

2. Smoothness:
Overall, this Android 10 mod IS AS SMOOTH AS I'D EXPECT FROM A GOOD MODERN MID-RANGE TABLET.​
I think this thing is running on something like eMMC 5.0 or so, just before Ss made the jump to UFS 2.1. Couple that with an ancient memory sub-system (not to mention that this has been a traditionally weak area for Samsung), this level of responsiveness and smooth animation is really beyond imagination.​
Who would have thought Android 10 would run better on this dinosaur than all the "lag fix" Android 7 and 6 modded ROMs before that?!

3. Feature suggestion:
I would like to see "spoofing device fingerprint" based on "universal safetynet fix" to pass CTS check. If this is made possible, Netflix HD might happen!​
The fix is only for ARMv8 64 bit so it cannot be flashed on our Tab Ses.
However, the developer said on their GitHub page that it should be baked into the ROM but they have made it as a flashable magisk module for other people to use with their ROM of choice.
I am NOT a developer. I know nothing about coding. I can only follow instructions (and to some extent, understand some of those instructions). So please excuse me if I happen to suggest something unfeasible.
4. Last question: are we still using 8224Freak's original rom from post #1 or has there been another update (since 5th May)? Or has someone taken over?

Again, English is NOT my native tongue so if there's any part that makes absolutely no sense, please let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: friedsonjm

Opteronvoz

Dec 27, 2009
^from what I've read, yes, we're still on the 5-May ROM with some of the wizards here trying to improve on it for most devices via the kernel
Awww, thanks for the information.
The kernel is the boot.img right?

Also, I have finally bumped into stability madness so I have just edited my original post :(
Mine is a T705. Has there been any kernel that deals with random app crash/disappearance?

Thanks!

Klaus20

Nov 20, 2013
After the whole installation was restless, I did the following:
SD card removed, wipe and crDroid reinstalled.
After the first restart I installed the following:
boot_002.img, Magisk-v23.0.zip, open_gapps-arm-10.0-micro-20210730.zip, Trichrome and Busybox.
After a few restarts everything went smoothly without freezing.
After reinserting the SD card (128GB) I now have the following problem:
1. The system freezes approx. Every minute for approx. 30 seconds (black screen)
2. Always have the message -> Samsung SD card is checked. Current content is checked.
3. The whole system is very sluggish.
Does anyone have any idea how I can solve the problem with the SD card?

Regards Klaus

Klaus20

Nov 20, 2013
Success message - I did wipe and reinstalled the ROM.
I also made the SD empty to 40 GB.
So far I have neither freeze nor crash !!
Should I keep the installed kernel or install boot00 *. * ??
I think my problems are related to the SD card.
How can I uninstall the Google bar from the home screen?
Gmail and Calendar cannot be uninstalled either.
I think they are still left over from the old GAPPS installation despite the wipe.
Maybe someone has an idea?

Regards Klaus

Top Liked Posts