• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700, SM-T705, SM-T800, SM-T800, SM-P600)

Search This thread

jays note 2

Mar 10, 2015
Silverdale, Auckland, New Zealand
Sorry to hear you guys are having so much trouble regarding microphones on Lineage & CRdroid.
I own both the T700 & 2x T705y 8.4 tab S and looking closely @ both tablets I don't see a spot where the mic would be on the T700 like I do on the T705.
And I've actually swapped the charging port from the T700 into the T705 running CRdroid thinking it would fix my mic issue on the 705 as my other 705 running CR droid worked flawlessly. I ended up getting a brand new charge port for the 705 and low and behold the mic is actually part of the charge port for the T705.
Now the new parts in Mic works flawlessly.
As you can see in pic 2 the bottom tablet T705 has the little hole for mic where the T700 top tablet has none

jays note 2

Mar 10, 2015
I've tried the Lineage 17.1 (old and new build) / CrDroid new build on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 WiFi (klimtwifi) SM-T700... and I can confirm MIC is not working

I have the same error message on both Roms (attached images)

I have tried a different Gapps, install a new version of speech services apk, updated Google app, delete storage, cache... but the Microphone isn't working (and it did work on Lineage 14)

If someone finds a solution to this, please let me know.

Thanks
My only suggestion would be to D/Load a hardware testing app from PS and test your hardware. As it maybe hardware not software

jays note 2

Mar 10, 2015
Great build, but without a working data transfer, this build is useless. So you have to sit on the stock 5 android, as the most economical option in terms of battery consumption. In the update, did you fix the mobile data transfer by chance?
I have too agree with you, the build is good but it would be Greater if there were working data.
There's no point being able to make and recieve calls when you can't even connect to the net.
CRdroid T705y

Reactions: mrkh9975 and Petyay

ezegalli

Mar 13, 2013
My only suggestion would be to D/Load a hardware testing app from PS and test your hardware. As it maybe hardware not software
As I said on the message, I was running Lineage 14 and Microphone worked just fine (it's software related to the crash of the speech services)

Aslo, I'm not the only user having exactly the same problem with the microphone. So it's completely soft related

jays note 2

Mar 10, 2015
As I said on the message, I was running Lineage 14 and Microphone worked just fine (it's software related to the crash of the speech services)

Aslo, I'm not the only user having exactly the same problem with the microphone. So it's completely soft related
Have you tried reflashing Gapps? Or trying another instance of Gapps like Nano or Pico

dreamfalcon

May 11, 2009
Lisboa
albonsai.pt
Hi,
Installed this version because my klimtwifi was freeking slow with version 14.
But cant get GApps to work (ARM/10) . Already tried different versions, installed several times, wiped all data, cache, etc and every time is says cant connect on the startup wizard.
If I skip the wizard it complains about missing google services.

IMG_20211013_132647.jpg

Hi,
Installed this version because my klimtwifi was freeking slow with version 14.
But cant get GApps to work (ARM/10) . Already tried different versions, installed several times, wiped all data, cache, etc and every time is says cant connect on the startup wizard.
If I skip the wizard it complains about missing google services.

View attachment 5432205
I have the same problem CRDroid not work too...

teohub

Jul 18, 2018
Mic problem is not a hardware defect. Mic from t700 worked perfectly under lineage 14. When I switched to lineage 17 crdroid, mic no longer worked with any of the builds. it is definitely a software problem. Hw test program can't detect mic. I think frank must fix this in rom.

ezegalli

Mar 13, 2013
Is your Mic working fine?

I fixed it by installing gaps version from 25.09

Thanks

So it´s confirmed 100%

MIC Not Working on T-700 Wifi on Lineage 17 and CrDroid as well

Flashing different Gapps (Micro / Nano / Stock / Aroma / Pico) and also from different dates (September / October) doesn´t solve the problem

Also not solving the problem: Updating Google App, Deleting Data... and installing Google Speech Services from outside the PlayStore

It will be nice if these feedback can be taken into consideration for the development of a new build

That said, thanks for the great work.. it´s Amazing to be running Android 10 on a device from 11 years ago

mithrandir42

Oct 14, 2021
Hi,
thanks for the build. This brought me to look forward to using my old Tab S again. Well, I have tried out lineage-17.1-20211011-UNOFFICIAL-klimtlte.zip on my SM-t705. I was able to flash it using TWRP. After booting up the device flickered and then asked directly for the PUK Code of my SIM card (without asking for the PIN at all). After another reboot (without entering any code) only 1 try has been left over, so I decided to take out the card, look up the serial number on the back and gather the PUK for it. When I re-inserted it, it already was disabled and does not get detected anymore. Maybe I should have used another device for the last try...

Seems to be similar to this problem (the only google hit I can find for this): https://android.stackexchange.com/q...-and-getting-asked-for-puk-on-lineage-os-17-1 But there is no real information.

Anyone experienced this before? Any clue what might have happened. I am afraid of inserting the replacement card into the device. How to proceed?

Thanks!
mith

Top Liked Posts