[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700, SM-T705, SM-T800, SM-T800, SM-P600)

Search This thread
Hi,
thanks for the build. This brought me to look forward to using my old Tab S again. Well, I have tried out lineage-17.1-20211011-UNOFFICIAL-klimtlte.zip on my SM-t705. I was able to flash it using TWRP. After booting up the device flickered and then asked directly for the PUK Code of my SIM card (without asking for the PIN at all). After another reboot (without entering any code) only 1 try has been left over, so I decided to take out the card, look up the serial number on the back and gather the PUK for it. When I re-inserted it, it already was disabled and does not get detected anymore. Maybe I should have used another device for the last try...

Seems to be similar to this problem (the only google hit I can find for this): https://android.stackexchange.com/q...-and-getting-asked-for-puk-on-lineage-os-17-1 But there is no real information.

Anyone experienced this before? Any clue what might have happened. I am afraid of inserting the replacement card into the device. How to proceed?

Thanks!
mith
Hmm unusual that is... I have the 705y running CRdroid which is based on 17.1 and never had that appear when I installed my sim.
You mentioned you have your PUK Personal Unlock Key handy, then you should be good to go. As your network provider is the only one that can deactivate your Sim.
When you incorrectly enter a Sim pin 3 times all it does is lock the sim so you can't use it not deactivate it. Your PUK is what is used to Unlock the sim so you can use it again.

Hmm unusual that is... I have the 705y running CRdroid which is based on 17.1 and never had that appear when I installed my sim.
You mentioned you have your PUK Personal Unlock Key handy, then you should be good to go. As your network provider is the only one that can deactivate your Sim.
When you incorrectly enter a Sim pin 3 times all it does is lock the sim so you can't use it not deactivate it. Your PUK is what is used to Unlock the sim so you can use it again.
I've learnt this from past experiences when PUK codes never accompanied the sim, and the only way to get your PUK was to go back to the store you brought from which in my case was Vodafone.

Petyay

Sep 8, 2010
Hello friends,

I tried to update my old Samsung Galaxy Tab S devices with the latest Android 10 (Lineage 17.1). I would like to make the build available for you guys as well.
Hello 8224Freak.
Great thanks for your builds!

Can you create LineageOS 17.1 ROM for T705 (klimtlte) with support Russian frequencies?
3G
UMTS 900, UMTS 2100
4G
LTE 700, LTE 800 (20), LTE 1800 (3), LTE 2300, LTE 2600 (7.38)

LTE and 3G datatransfer is not working at current roms...

Thank you.

Reactions: MUSTANG651

Amoosajjad

May 8, 2021
I installed this ROM on my phone t705 klimtlte ... But I have an error on my phone . mobile data not working for me . if I say much deeper cellular data found, but LTE ,3G or E symbol not shown and I havent any connection to internet.I tried to change my access point ( APN ) but didn't work.
In Lineageos 14 everything is fine but in lineageos 17 & crAndroid 10 mobile data not working for me ...
Anyone can help me ?

Amoosajjad

May 8, 2021
Hello 8224Freak.
Great thanks for your builds!

Can you create LineageOS 17.1 ROM for T705 (klimtlte) with support Russian frequencies?
3G
UMTS 900, UMTS 2100
4G
LTE 700, LTE 800 (20), LTE 1800 (3), LTE 2300, LTE 2600 (7.38)

LTE and 3G datatransfer is not working at current roms...

Thank you.
I have same problem in my phone , Iran country

Reactions: Petyay
I installed this ROM on my phone t705 klimtlte ... But I have an error on my phone . mobile data not working for me . if I say much deeper cellular data found, but LTE ,3G or E symbol not shown and I havent any connection to internet.I tried to change my access point ( APN ) but didn't work.
In Lineageos 14 everything is fine but in lin

eageos 17 & crAndroid 10 mobile data not working for me ...
Anyone can help me ?
Mobile data doesn't work. You can enter your APN and the toggle is there but it doesn't matter. There is NO current work around that I know of at the moment. T705y CRdroid

BombGuns

Sep 16, 2020
The data does not work. It's not about the frequencies. Since both calls and SMS work fine. If the frequencies did not coincide, the modem would not find networks at all. And so the modem connects to the network. And works in it, but data transmission is blocked. whether in the firmware, or by the operators, this point is unclear. A jamb or a bug in the firmware itself. And the author is in no hurry to fix it, because either this is not possible, or he does not know how. Just one little thing, but so annoying that there is no point in this smart firmware on devices with a modem.

Bawdy George

Dec 5, 2016
Is possible to increase the maximum volume?
Yes. You can also vastly improve the sound in general by doing the following:

1. Install Magisk 23.0, you can directly install the apk from the latest versions of TWRP
2. Once rooted, disable the pre-installed AudioFX system app
3. Install the Viper4AndroidFX 2.7.2.1 Magisk module
4. Choose legacy mode within Viper to enable the driver in this ROM
5. Adjust sound profile in Viper to your liking.

dreamfalcon

May 11, 2009
Yes. You can also vastly improve the sound in general by doing the following:

1. Install Magisk 23.0, you can directly install the apk from the latest versions of TWRP
2. Once rooted, disable the pre-installed AudioFX system app
3. Install the Viper4AndroidFX 2.7.2.1 Magisk module
4. Choose legacy mode within Viper to enable the driver in this ROM
5. Adjust sound profile in Viper to your liking.
Already installed Magisk but the disable option on AudioFX is grayed.
Any idea what's missing?

bustr85

Nov 20, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
I have tried several methods to revert that, but no luck at all. If anybody knows about any workaround, please let us know
I've installed magisk and the hide props config which didn't really solve the problem. I've even tried changing the device fingerprint but no luck unfortunately. Most apps and the os works well I don't need 4g and I can live without the fingerprint reader, but the widevine is annoying. Even prime video only plays in sd

foolone

Mar 7, 2016
Hello, thanks again for the new build. I just installed the 10-11 build (Lineage). I now got two warnings: (1) SELinux disabled (2) signed by public keys. Are we good here? I did not see these in previous build (09-03). Thanks,

foolone

Mar 7, 2016
Hello, thanks again for the new build. I just installed the 10-11 build (Lineage). I now got two warnings: (1) SELinux disabled (2) signed by public keys. Are we good here? I did not see these in previous build (09-03). Thanks,

* Easy way to set SELinux to "enforced" during the boot is to put arbitrary named file with this script:
#!/system/bin/sh
setenforce 1

into /data/adb/post-fs-data.d

After reboot cmd "getenforce" will answer "enforced". No unpacking/repacking of boot.img and usage of init.d is needed.

* New BRAVE browser with Chrome engine and integrated ADBlocker works steadily.

* Local html files for file type links (file:///.../html) must be located in
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.android.chrome (or com.brave.browser)/files/Download/

Now using Klimtlte with LOS 17.1, Android System WebView 92.0.4515.70 beta and no GAPPS.

Can I use these steps to enable SELinux in the new build? Is it permanent fix?

@vpn560

Top Liked Posts