• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700, SM-T705, SM-T800, SM-T800, SM-P600)

Search This thread
I have a LDU (Live Demo Unit) model of this tablet (T700X).
Tried to install both versions of LineageOS and TWRP gives me an error.
What should I do?
1634977979676.png

freakedenough

Apr 18, 2015
Vienna
www.retrospace.net
Thank you so much for offering this ROM. It works flawlessly for me, with exception of the finger print reader which is detected but not recognizing my sliding finger - but I didn't use it anyway before as its still one of those slow ones which require you to slowly slide your finger instead of tapping on it.

SM-T705

Edit: false alarm, works after reboot

Attachments

• IMG_20211023_160428.jpg
    IMG_20211023_160428.jpg
    970.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

turikan

May 9, 2018
I installed like in the first post everything and change the reslution and DPI. (T800 wifi)

We are using the app toggolino. There are videos and games for children.

Videos no problem. But if we start games and the loading screen disappear the screen get and stay completly green. The audio is running and the tablet react on touching.

Has somebody an idea what can we do to solve the problem?

mithrandir42

Oct 14, 2021
Hmm unusual that is... I have the 705y running CRdroid which is based on 17.1 and never had that appear when I installed my sim.
You mentioned you have your PUK Personal Unlock Key handy, then you should be good to go. As your network provider is the only one that can deactivate your Sim.
When you incorrectly enter a Sim pin 3 times all it does is lock the sim so you can't use it not deactivate it. Your PUK is what is used to Unlock the sim so you can use it again.
Well , the original SIM card is permanently disabled. I have tried again with a new SIM card. Again the device asked for the PUK code instead of the SIM code. This time I had another device at hand and was able to unlock the card with the PUK code. However, there seems to be a bug that locks the SIM card and instead of asking for the SIM code asks for the PUK. Afterwards I have tried to disable the PIN request on the SIM card on the other device. From now on I don't get prompted for the PUK (or any other code, as expected) anymore and mobile network is operational on the Tab S. Do you all have the SIM code request disabled or do you see the proper SIM code request on boot? Has nobody else noticed this behavior?

Edit: For correctness, I get connection to mobile network, but no mobile data connection. My comment above might have been missleading...

Last edited:

jays note 2

Mar 10, 2015
Silverdale, Auckland, New Zealand
Well , the original SIM card is permanently disabled. I have tried again with a new SIM card. Again the device asked for the PUK code instead of the SIM code. This time I had another device at hand and was able to unlock the card with the PUK code. However, there seems to be a bug that locks the SIM card and instead of asking for the SIM code asks for the PUK. Afterwards I have tried to disable the PIN request on the SIM card on the other device. From now on I don't get prompted for the PUK (or any other code, as expected) anymore and mobile network is operational on the Tab S. Do you all have the SIM code request disabled or do you see the proper SIM code request on boot? Has nobody else noticed this behavior?
Glad you got it sorted, personally never had that happen to me on any Roms I've installed on my device

Ainzi

Oct 27, 2021
Hi there hope everyone’s well……. I’m wondering if any one can help please. I new to the site and new to installing custom ROMS. I have installed on my galaxy tab s 10.5 sm-t800 all the items to run crDroid which works all fine, but when I come to install latest GApps (ARM/Android10/Mini) It flashes fine but once loaded back up the apps installed don’t work and I keep getting a message saying apps won’t work due to (Google play services) missing. Am I doing something wrong or is there a work around ??
Really im just looking to bring some life back to my old tablet and put the Google play store back on to use
Hope some one could help………

runekock

Apr 24, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Nexus 6
... when I come to install latest GApps (ARM/Android10/Mini) It flashes fine but once loaded back up the apps installed don’t work and I keep getting a message saying apps won’t work due to (Google play services) missing. ...
I guess that you started the tab without GApps, and then installed them afterwards. The rom and GApps need to be flashed at the same time. To fix it, wipe data.

Reactions: Ainzi

Ainzi

Oct 27, 2021
I guess that you started the tab without GApps, and then installed them afterwards. The rom and GApps need to be flashed at the same time. To fix it, wipe data.
Hi thanks for the reply. Yes I did how should I go about fixing this ?? Load up recovery wipe full build and then reinstall it + Gapps ??

benoitb85

Nov 4, 2007
Bacon le Gruyère
During the initial setup after the 1st boot, I'm connecting to my wifi network but somehow the tablet fails to find an update and it asks me to try another wifi network.
I'm stuck there with no way of skipping. Any advice ?

Ainzi

Oct 27, 2021
During the initial setup after the 1st boot, I'm connecting to my wifi network but somehow the tablet fails to find an update and it asks me to try another wifi network.
I'm stuck there with no way of skipping. Any advice ?
I’m the same with this there’s no skip it just keeps searching for updates then says no internet connection but shows connected in the Wi-Fi list ??

Ainzi

Oct 27, 2021
So you've tried both with and without WiFi connected? Does the same happen when you chose to skip pass the WiFi connection?
I can’t skip as theres no option for it….. first comes up with language setup then connect to a Wi-Fi but once connected it then goes to a update screen stays on there for a bit then says no internet connection

yesyesyes

Jan 17, 2013
I can’t skip as theres no option for it….. first comes up with language setup then connect to a Wi-Fi but once connected it then goes to a update screen stays on there for a bit then says no internet connection
You can skip by clicking the corners of the screen clockwise starting from top left. I had the same issue.

However, I am facing the other one: I always have missing Google Play Services.
I tried with Open GApps (10, arm) in pico, mini, stock - installing in one go in TWRP or one after the other (i.e. booting lineage first, then installing GApps) - always missing Play Services. Any tips?

Edit: Same behaviour on crDroid! Always Play Services missing!

Last edited:

Ainzi

Oct 27, 2021
I’m totally lost with it now….. when I first flashed my T800 with the crDroid rom it’s worked fine booted up fine but kept coming up saying (Google play service missing) so was told to wipe and install both ROM and Gapps at the same time which Iv done but it keeps booting into this rom where its stuck on the Wi-Fi page and fails and I can’t move any further that’s on both crDroid and Lineage.

The one that worked fine for me first time had the dog as the wallpaper sure that was this one https://luis-builds.de/downloads/li...20211010-chagallwifi-v6.23-LuisROM.zip.md5sum

But this just now keeps loading to the broken Wi-Fi screen

hope some one can help to sort this out

many thanks

yesyesyes

Jan 17, 2013
I’m totally lost with it now….. when I first flashed my T800 with the crDroid rom it’s worked fine booted up fine but kept coming up saying (Google play service missing) so was told to wipe and install both ROM and Gapps at the same time which Iv done but it keeps booting into this rom where its stuck on the Wi-Fi page and fails and I can’t move any further that’s on both crDroid and Lineage.

The one that worked fine for me first time had the dog as the wallpaper sure that was this one https://luis-builds.de/downloads/li...20211010-chagallwifi-v6.23-LuisROM.zip.md5sum

But this just now keeps loading to the broken Wi-Fi screen

hope some one can help to sort this out

many thanks
The broken wifi screen might be the same services issue.
As noted before you can skip the Initial setup (and wifi page) by tapping the corners of the first setup screen (with "hello" and language choice) one after the other starting on top left going clockwise.
Then you skip the setup, see android working, including wifi, but w/o g services....

runekock

Apr 24, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Nexus 6
@Ainzi @yesyesyes
There may be a problem with the new build of OpenGapps. It's reported for "stock" package, but perhaps it's the same for the smaller ones - I haven't tried it myself.

benoitb85

Nov 4, 2007
Bacon le Gruyère
Thanks, I could skip the setup with the corner trick.
Indeed there are many messages about Google Play Services being missing.

I'll be trying to install this gapps package and report: https://sourceforge.net/projects/op...pen_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20211020.zip/download

Edit: seems to work ok :)
Thanks for the help. It would be good to edit the 1st post to include this information.

For Chagallwifi:
TWRP: https://eu.dl.twrp.me/chagallwifi/twrp-3.5.2_9-0-chagallwifi.img.tar.html
ROM: https://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/misc/lineage-17.1-20211011-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip
Gapps: https://sourceforge.net/projects/op...pen_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20211020.zip/download

Edit2: this ROM works really well so far, thank you so much to the authors for keeping our nice tablets alive !

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts