[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700, SM-T705, SM-T800, SM-T800, SM-P600)

Search This thread

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
Will you be making this available as a flashable zip? I'd love to try it on my T805
I have made a zip file which includes a modified boot.img and the deathlyadiutor apk. The boot.img can be flashed through TWRP. Only for T800 and T805!

As always, flash at your own risk. Not responsible for anything!

I have made a zip file which includes a modified boot.img and the deathlyadiutor apk. The boot.img can be flashed through TWRP. Only for T800 and T805!

Can you please make a T700/705 version?

Installed okay but now I am getting quite a few random reboots. It seems to be connected to the existing issue with video/webview. Pages with embedded video previously caused the tablet to freeze up, now it reboots!

The only other ongoing issue is that after rebooting it won't let me login with PIN for quite a while. Annoying but I can live with it.

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
Installed okay but now I am getting quite a few random reboots. It seems to be connected to the existing issue with video/webview. Pages with embedded video previously caused the tablet to freeze up, now it reboots!

The only other ongoing issue is that after rebooting it won't let me login with PIN for quite a while. Annoying but I can live with it.
I don't have the issue with webview tester from the playstore. Do u have some apps in which webview crashes? Not that I can fix them, but i do like to have a look.

sebek147

Dec 2, 2021
Hello. I just got this tablet - sm-t800. Is this rom better and faster than stock? Ive had some issues and lags in some games on stock - for example fruit ninja - Is the performance better on this rom? And is is stable enough?

Hello. I just got this tablet - sm-t800. Is this rom better and faster than stock? Ive had some issues and lags in some games on stock - for example fruit ninja - Is the performance better on this rom? And is is stable enough?
Not sure on T800, but without Gapps, it runs like a dream on T700. With Gapps, acceptable, a bit laggy, but great performance in games. Better than stock.

Reactions: sebek147

sebek147

Dec 2, 2021
Not sure on T800, but without Gapps, it runs like a dream on T700. With Gapps, acceptable, a bit laggy, but great performance in games. Better than stock.
Thank you for your answer. I saw a few gapps packages, i do care about gapps, but not all of them. Just YT, Gmail, Maps. Maybe I can install a small package of them and not lose a performance.

By saying without gapps you mean you dont have ANY of them?

Thank you for your answer. I saw a few gapps packages, i do care about gapps, but not all of them. Just YT, Gmail, Maps. Maybe I can install a small package of them and not lose a performance.

By saying without gapps you mean you dont have ANY of them?
I've tried with and without. In general use (with) of stock, I saw laggy notification slide at times, and random app crashes, especially camera, but very good game performance. Without, no issues, except you can't do anything without gapps lol

Reactions: sebek147

sebek147

Dec 2, 2021
I've tried with and without. In general use (with) of stock, I saw laggy notification slide at times, and random app crashes, especially camera, but very good game performance. Without, no issues, except you can't do anything without gapps lol
Thanks again for ur reply. The final question - is lineageos 17.1 better than 14.1? I dont know which rom should I choose.

Reactions: CessnaBroon

WLQ

Dec 5, 2009
It needs those patches to work properly:

But I can't upload to there gerrit. So someone needs to compile it. I won't just yet for you

Seems like the right firmware. You started the firmware before flashing TWRP? Then flashed the right TWRP for your tablet? If so, I dunno. Maybe try another T700 android 6 firmware?
@Hazou do you have a hint on how one would apply those patches?

AluMinioume

Jul 20, 2021
The 14.1 has Android processes that repeatedly crash, and then forces a random reboot. You're better off on the 17.1. Hope This helps, and good luck!!
Hi, I use T800 on LOS14.1 and I don't have this problem. The tablet is slow just after start, but 3 minutes later, it runs smoothly.
I first installed LOS17.1, the very first version. It was working fine, but the RAM management issue made me go to LOS14.1. I wonder if there has been any progress and if since that time LOS17.1 has gotten really better?

Hi, I use T800 on LOS14.1 and I don't have this problem. The tablet is slow just after start, but 3 minutes later, it runs smoothly.
I first installed LOS17.1, the very first version. It was working fine, but the RAM management issue made me go to LOS14.1. I wonder if there has been any progress and if since that time LOS17.1 has gotten really better?
Again, I can't really comment on T800 (I'm T700), but @ISoreo 's custom kernel speeds things up a lot, and the hardware management is much improved.

Reactions: ISoreo

Top Liked Posts