[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700, SM-T705, SM-T800, SM-T800, SM-P600)

Search This thread

ISoreo

This is great!
Please share the resulting ROM. Оr give detailed instructions please.
I'm using Android 11 for my Tab S 8.4 LTE not build for other variant because I don't have other device for testing and I don't have the resource enough to build all product. Moreover, GPU seems bug after using for a while but performance overall is great.

I'm using Android 11 for my Tab S 8.4 LTE not build for other variant because I don't have other device for testing and I don't have the resource enough to build all product. Moreover, GPU seems bug after using for a while but performance overall is great.
I am more than happy to test klimtwifi builds on my t700. I tried to build myself, but couldn't get it working. I only use it for development anyway, and if you're happy to give me instructions in more detail on how to, I'll build myself.

Petyay

Sep 8, 2010
I have Tab S 8.4 LTE too.
Can you share ROM? Thank you.

bestiatester

Mar 29, 2013
Hi!

I have a T805 (chagalllte 10.5 LTE), if you share sources I'll try to build and test it.

Regards.

JohnieJ

Feb 25, 2017
I've tried magisk on other bootloaders before, I think you need the Samsung stock one for magisk. Try going to settings --> Storage --> SD Card --> Three dots --> Format --> Format as internal storage. That's what I did anyway, and it seems to work.

Good luck,
Cessna.
Hi there! I said I would let you know what happened. Well...

I tried the SD Card as internal storage routine but I had difficulties with storage capacity. My Titanium back up keep coming up with no space on device. So...

I started over and re-wrote the bootloader, flashed the ROM (AOSP 7.0 SM-T807T) and Gapps Nano. No SU or Magisk. Booted up and hung after finding the WiFi saying making last updates. Let it set in that state for 15 Minutes. Re-Booted and it came back up at that last screen. Sat there for a couple minutes and voila, came to a home screen. :p Right then, I rebooted to recovery and installed Magisk. This time it went without a hitch. Updated Magisk with the apk, and it also went without a hitch.

I now have a T807T running 7.0 without a hitch, mostly. I have Netflix (Surprise) running, and all my other streaming services. However, I lost Fox Nation. It refuses to run:confused: But I certainly can live without it. Everything else works perfectly with Nova Launcher Prime. No more "Play service has stopped" pop-ups. Seems to be reasonable on battery with everything running smoothly.

May consider trying this ROM , but once again. if it isn't broke, don't fix it! :ROFLMAO:

Again, I wish to thank your for your guidance! Couldn't have done it with you!

Saved two great tablets from the dustbin of history!

Have a great day!

John
Billings, MT

Klaus20

Nov 20, 2013
First to ALL Merry Christmas !!
How can I move apps to the SD card ??
Find the option no longer to select internal or external memory ??

Regards Klaus

lawrex

Mar 8, 2012
Loving this ROM so far. I accidentally deleted my root file. What is the best way to add root to this ROM?

fasser

Oct 13, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Hi,

Thanks @8224Freak for this ROM. I've been using Lineage on my T805 for several years and had lost all hope for anything more up-to-date than 14.1. Glad to know there're still developers interested in these devices.

I've tried the ROM and found it quite good, on par with 14.1 if not better, but unfortunately I had two issues that forced me to go back to 14.1:
- LTE does not work, and that is a must for me. Please @8224Freak, make a note of that on your first post, otherwise you saying that you're developing this on a T805 and that everything works is misleading. I get that LTE may not be that important for you and those who need it would have to wait, but I think at least that note would be appreciated.
- Wifi was unreliable. Maybe that's related to the issues other users have reported about 2.4 and 5GHz networks. Pair that unreliability with no LTE and I found myself without any internet access randomly, even a few feet away from my home router.

I'l keep an eye on this ROM's progress with LTE, and I'll be happy to help you debug that issue if I can.

logo111

Dec 3, 2020
Hi,
Thanks for new build. Have always some lags with browser (berryl browser)
Exept this, it's seems ok

Demonhotrod

Feb 28, 2012
I was running Lineage 14.1 on my SM-T800, I never thought i'd be able to use a more up-to-date version so thank you very much for providing this! I'd just installed it and it seems to be working great! One thing I can't seem to make work is audio via bluetooth, does anyone else have issues with this? I can connect the wireless earbuds perfectly fine, it's just the lack of audio

borisku

Jan 19, 2007
Near Bonn
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Moto G4
Installing wasnt easy on my SM-T705: had to format data and wipe caches and system. wituout doing that was was in an "installation-loop" starting regularyly, then after some action (sim card, etc) screen cleared and startet again from the beginning. Installing Magisk is still an adventure, too, lagging extremly... tried to root with supersu in twrp, but that failed... i m still installing .... lets see, how far i will come :giggle:
@edit: the difficulties that i have could be caused by a defective micro sd ... as i pulled it out i saw system running normal... will have a look at this

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts