[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700, SM-T705, SM-T800, SM-T800, SM-P600)

Search This thread

Hoger-HB

Jan 2, 2022
Feedback: Installation directly from 4.4 failed. After installation of the newest firmware (6.x) the installation was smooth and easy! A huge jump for my old T705 from A 4.4 to 10.
Thanks a lot!!

Apr 9, 2018
San Franciscso
Massive thanks for this! My trusty old T800 has been sitting on Lineage 14.1 since official support ended ages ago - I was already on the latest firmware so all I had to do was:

1 - Update Twrp to twrp-3.5.1_9-0-chagallwifi
2 - TWRP -> Wipe -> Advanced Wipe: System, Data, Cache, Dalvik and Internal
3 - TWRP -> Flash -> lineage-17.1-20211225-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip
4 - TWRP -> Wipe -> Advanced Wipe: Cache, Dalvik

and it worked straight away.

I then followed up with the optional
5 - Rooted with Magisk 23.0

The only issue I have seen so far was that with videos causing freezing / hanging, to solve this (as referenced earlier in the thread) I used Easy DPI Changer to adjust the resolution to 1920 x 1200 px with 240 dpi (75% of the original resolution) and that has solved the freezing problem.

Thanks a million Freak!

peterpan07

Dec 24, 2014
Massive thanks for this! My trusty old T800 has been sitting on Lineage 14.1 since official support ended ages ago - I was already on the latest firmware so all I had to do was:

1 - Update Twrp to twrp-3.5.1_9-0-chagallwifi
2 - TWRP -> Wipe -> Advanced Wipe: System, Data, Cache, Dalvik and Internal
3 - TWRP -> Flash -> lineage-17.1-20211225-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip
4 - TWRP -> Wipe -> Advanced Wipe: Cache, Dalvik

and it worked straight away.

I then followed up with the optional
5 - Rooted with Magisk 23.0

The only issue I have seen so far was that with videos causing freezing / hanging, to solve this (as referenced earlier in the thread) I used Easy DPI Changer to adjust the resolution to 1920 x 1200 px with 240 dpi (75% of the original resolution) and that has solved the freezing problem.

Thanks a million Freak!
Wäre you found how to magix?

ezegalli

Mar 13, 2013
Weird that T700 seems to be the only model with mic issue.
Anyway, in my case, on previous build, several apps requesting mic permission would simply fail, and no camera video aswell.
So unfortunately this rom was unusable for me.
Yup... its a pitty because it is the only thing i miss... cannot use the tablet to use it with the voice to do some alexa commands, google searches, etc

in Lineage 14.1 mic was working fine but i won´t downgrade yet... just hoping it can still be solved on A10

Reactions: Maria_Vartholomeos

Amoosajjad

May 8, 2021
@ISoreo found a way to get data working on the T705 - maybe the same change will work for the T805 as well. Unfortunately, it involves changing the source and rebuilding the rom:
How? there is nothing...
can you tell me ?
i have T705 (klimtlte)

theteju

Jul 23, 2011
This is amazing news! My tab is sitting on LineageOS 14 as well. I have no problems except it runs very slow now and storage is almost full.

Quick Question : Is it possible to use external microsd card as internal storage so apps can be installed there?
Do you guys re-partition the internal storage?

Please let me know....

runekock

Apr 24, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Nexus 6
This is amazing news! My tab is sitting on LineageOS 14 as well. I have no problems except it runs very slow now and storage is almost full.

Quick Question : Is it possible to use external microsd card as internal storage so apps can be installed there?
Do you guys re-partition the internal storage?

Please let me know....
LOS 14 should be just as fast - maybe you need to wipe it, or maybe it's just because it is too full.

On some Tabs, it seems that there cooling pad is too thin, so that heat cannot be transferred from the chip to the back plate. That makes the Tab seriously slow.

Yes, you can use SD as expanded storage. That works in LOS 14, and in these roms. Get a good quality SD, max 128GB, and just choose expanded storage in options. Not all apps can be moved, and I found one app that didn't work when moved, but you can still save a lot.

No, no one seems to have repartitioned internal storage.

Pterasour

Jan 19, 2022
My device is T800. I tested Android 10, "lineage-17.1-20211225-unofficial-chagallwifi. Zip" and "crdroid android-10.0-20211227-chagallwifi-v6.25-luisrom. Zip". The speaker makes slight noise when playing music. This is also the case with aux connected audio. I didn't find this problem in other Android versions:cry::cry::cry:

Reactions: 13680201

turbomann

Apr 20, 2014
Are there any form to change task changer interface with this rom? good lock seems impossible to work with.

Thanks

puqui

Oct 13, 2015
I am very grateful for this version of Android for my T800 tablet. It's fantastic that you can continue to update it and many thanks to all the work of those who make it possible.

I added the cooling pads and they were super good and you can feel the heat transfer for cooling.

The only thing I found wrong is the delay in charging the battery. Could it be solved in another way? I tried with Magisk and some apps but I couldn't.

BRICKED(?) DEVICE PLEASE HELP URGENTLY
ITS RELATED TO THIS THREAD BCZ I USED THIS ROM ONLY

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts