[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700, SM-T705, SM-T800, SM-T800, SM-P600)

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 12119001

Could you please elaborate on these video playback issues?
I am also having issues when playing videos from various websites in Firefox or Brave. The scaling of the video changes together with the resolution of the stream. Sometimes it is correct, sometimes not. This does not happen when using an older LOS-14.1 ROM.
Slightly unrelated but have you tried newpipe app for youtube replacement? Just found it is all, as its the only place I occationally watch something, may help you in the meanwhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: porcino

m4themagic

May 2, 2022
Hello friends,

I tried to update my old Samsung Galaxy Tab S devices with the latest Android 10 (Lineage 17.1). I would like to make the build available for you guys as well.

Special thanks to the teams at Exynos5420 and LineageOS for the sources.

Devices:
  1. Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 WiFi (klimtwifi) SM-T700
  2. Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE (klimtlte) SM-T705
  3. Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE (chagalllte) SM-T805
  4. Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 WiFI (chagallwifi) SM-800
  5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Edition 2014 (n1awifi) SM-P600

I will create new builds from time to time.

Installation:
1. Flash latest official Samsung Firmware with ODIN
2. Flash latest TWRP Recovery https://twrp.me/Devices/Samsung/
3. Wipe Data
4. Install ROM.ZIP with TWRP https://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/misc/
5. Install latest GApps with TWRP (ARM/Android10) https://opengapps.org/
6. Reboot and Enjoy
7. Optional: Install Magisk

Download the file:
https://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/misc/

Sources:
https://github.com/LineageOS (LineageOS 17.1)
https://github.com/exynos5420/ (Kernel, Device, Vendor)

Greetings Frank
Frank (@8224Freak ), thank you for your post and lineageos 17.01 package. I would like to share with you my successful configuration. I have T800 (wifi),

1. Install TWRP Recovery (Flash with ODIN)
2. Perform Format using TWRP (without repartitioning) to remove everything.
3. Using TWRP flash (install) LineageOS 17.1 from Frank as quoted above. Perhaps you should reboot.
4. Using TWRP flash (install) Magisk. Perhaps you should reboot. Verify Magisk was installed. How to get magisk? Download apk file and rename into zip. Flash in TWRP as any other zip.
5. Using TWRP flash (install) Nanodroid (full package). This will install Nanodroid as Magisk module, including microg for gapps (the solution with opengapps didnt work for me but microg and nanodroid is seems much better). Perhaps you should reboot.
6. Using TWRP flash (install) Nanodroid-patcher. For some reason this didn't work with full package of Nanodroid alone and had to be specfically additionally downloaded separately. This will patch your system for Signature Spoofing needed by microg (google services emulator).
7. Go to MicroG settings and make sure everything is ok in Self-Check menu. Grant all needed permissions (by clicking on items).

Everything seems to work perfectly including camera, except USB file transfer for some reason (connection is not being detected). It's not a big issue as the tablet has MicroSD slot and also you can install an app the creates FTP server to transfer data within your wifi network easily.

EDIT: There was an issue with log files anihilating free space on internal storage. These logs were stored in /data/adb/logcats (iirc) just delete all logfiles in this directory. Then, to prevent new ones from being created, reboot into TWRP. Mount System partition in TWRP. Then, start File Manager in TWRP and rename /system/bin/logd into, for example, /system/bin/logd.bak . Restart. Problem solved. It should also improve performance. There is almost 10GB of free space on internal storage now.

This truly gave a second life to the tablet. Would be great to see the newest android on this device!

Last edited:

ID000001

Apr 4, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Frank (@8224Freak ), thank you for your post and lineageos 17.01 package. I would like to share with you my successful configuration. I have T800 (wifi),

1. Install TWRP Recovery (Flash with ODIN)
2. Perform Format using TWRP (without repartitioning) to remove everything.
3. Using TWRP flash (install) LineageOS 17.1 from Frank as quoted above. Perhaps you should reboot.
4. Using TWRP flash (install) Magisk. Perhaps you should reboot. Verify Magisk was installed. How to get magisk? Download apk file and rename into zip. Flash in TWRP as any other zip.
5. Using TWRP flash (install) Nanodroid (full package). This will install Nanodroid as Magisk module, including microg for gapps (the solution with opengapps didnt work for me but microg and nanodroid is seems much better). Perhaps you should reboot.
6. Using TWRP flash (install) Nanodroid-patcher. For some reason this didn't work with full package of Nanodroid alone and had to be specfically additionally downloaded separately. This will patch your system for Signature Spoofing needed by microg (google services emulator).
7. Go to MicroG settings and make sure everything is ok in Self-Check menu. Grant all needed permissions (by clicking on items).

Everything seems to work perfectly including camera, except USB file transfer for some reason (connection is not being detected). It's not a big issue as the tablet has MicroSD slot and also you can install an app the creates FTP server to transfer data within your wifi network easily.

This truly gave a second life to the tablet. Would be great to see the newest android on this device!
Instead of all of these, I basically just wiped everything, flashed 17.1 with open gapps arm 10 pico and Magisk in one single flash. Reboot, And it works right away on first boot.

I run into the video laggy issue so I had to revert back to 7.1.2, which still runs perfectly stable for my use (mostly an extra Twitch screen) but after a couple of days of testing this build appears stable too, aside from video playback on twitch. I wasn't able to find a solution and changing resolution didn't help, so I reverted.

Keep up the good work, I will definitely keep tap on this thread. Totally can't believe an SM-T800 is still relevant in 2022. When I bought it back in 2016 2nd handed it was already considered "out of date", but looking back after 7+ years of solid usage the screen still looks great compared to many newer flagship devices, at least indoor!

Reactions: CessnaBroon

xdafant

May 4, 2022
germany
I bought my T705 Tab 8.4 october 2018,
actually lineage-14.1-20211231-UNOFFICIAL-klimtlte
installed on it and it works fine so far.

I installed lineage-17.1-20220223-UNOFFICIAL-klimtlte.zip
open_gapps-arm-10.0-tvmini-20220215.zip
on it using twrp-3.6.1_9-0-klimtlte.img
but it works unstable - so I switched back to 14.1

Is there a way to find out, which official Samsung Firmware I had installed on it?
Baseband-Version is T705XXU1CPH3

latest nandroid-backup I find is named 2018-07-22--07-58-07_MMB29KT705XXU1CPJ4

latest firmware I find is
6.0.1 T705XXU1CPJ4 from 2016-11-22

Looks like my latest backup already was based on latest firmware.

So I wonder, why 17.1 was running unstable :confused:

I checked battery-contacts lately as well.

THX in advance

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12119001

I bought my T705 Tab 8.4 october 2018,
actually lineage-14.1-20211231-UNOFFICIAL-klimtlte
installed on it and it works fine so far.

I installed lineage-17.1-20220223-UNOFFICIAL-klimtlte.zip
open_gapps-arm-10.0-tvmini-20220215.zip
on it using twrp-3.6.1_9-0-klimtlte.img
but it works unstable - so I switched back to 14.1

Is there a way to find out, which official Samsung Firmware I had installed on it?
Baseband-Version is T705XXU1CPH3

latest nandroid-backup I find is named 2018-07-22--07-58-07_MMB29KT705XXU1CPJ4

latest firmware I find is
6.0.1 T705XXU1CPJ4 from 2016-11-22

Looks like my latest backup already was based on latest firmware.

So I wonder, why 17.1 was running unstable :confused:

I checked battery-contacts lately as well.

THX in advance
Not unless you recorded it at the time, but anyhow, any stock rom for that model would be fine, as long as it has your language, just find the latest or the oldone that suits;

Just make sure you have the correct model; then sift through the sites and see which is reputable and free.

For examples yours is T705XXU1CPH3 (NEE); here is one:
Possibly the older one is something like this?

Athawulf

Aug 8, 2013
Cosenza

Attachments

• no.png
    no.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 40

Top Liked Posts