[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700, SM-T705, SM-T800, SM-T800, SM-P600)

Search This thread
Mar 14, 2010
Same problem here. Wanted to bring my Tab back to live but unfortunately no Wifi works. Tried several Wifis and a HotSpot.

When I only flash the ROM without Gapps, it will boot direct into LOS Startupscreen and not into Google Setupscreen.

wolus666

Jul 17, 2015
Same here. Flashed rom and pico Gaaps, stuck at wifi. If I don't install gapps during rom flash then the tablet goes into lineageos bootloop.
PS: I was flasing from LineageOS 14.1 with latest TWRP

wolus666

Jul 17, 2015
Instead of all of these, I basically just wiped everything, flashed 17.1 with open gapps arm 10 pico and Magisk in one single flash. Reboot, And it works right away on first boot.

I run into the video laggy issue so I had to revert back to 7.1.2, which still runs perfectly stable for my use (mostly an extra Twitch screen) but after a couple of days of testing this build appears stable too, aside from video playback on twitch. I wasn't able to find a solution and changing resolution didn't help, so I reverted.

Keep up the good work, I will definitely keep tap on this thread. Totally can't believe an SM-T800 is still relevant in 2022. When I bought it back in 2016 2nd handed it was already considered "out of date", but looking back after 7+ years of solid usage the screen still looks great compared to many newer flagship devices, at least indoor!
Can you elaborate what is "wiped evrything"? data, cache, dalvik or system also?

wolus666

Jul 17, 2015
You shouldn't need to install the official - provided you had the last official before going to 14.1.

Note that you do need to perform a full wipe.

Other than that, please describe as fully as possible what you did - maybe someone can spot a mistake, because 17.1 runs reasonably well for other people.
Hi whatdo you call a full wipe in TWRP?

wolus666

Jul 17, 2015
i'm on klimtwifi (sm-t700)
MindTheGapps do not even install and are throwing error cannot mount system partition.
Opengapps install normally but wifi does not work and stuck at checking for updates
Now trying older gaaps

wolus666

Jul 17, 2015
For all those having issue with wifi and not being able to skip check for updates. I solved it by installing older Gapps , try version PICO from January 2022.

EDIT. After using it for few hours i spotted that in chrome the touch input is shifted, have to click like 5mm above. Also in chrome when I play video fullscreen the boundaries of video are beyond screen.
Anyone knows how to fix?

Last edited:

Athawulf

Aug 8, 2013
Cosenza
For all those having issue with wifi and not being able to skip check for updates. I solved it by installing older Gapps , try version PICO from January 2022.

EDIT. After using it for few hours i spotted that in chrome the touch input is shifted, have to click like 5mm above. Also in chrome when I play video fullscreen the boundaries of video are beyond screen.
Anyone knows how to fix?
use bitgapps

Giblet535

Apr 4, 2012
I'll confirm that wifi does not work on t705, with or without gapps.

(Simplest install: Wipe data, cache, dalvik, then flash only the rom)

The symptom is "authentication failed" or "wrong password, try again" during initial wifi setup. If you skip past initial setup and try from Settings, same error.

Edit: The crdroid variant's wifi doesn't work on a t705 either. Same error.

Interesting. LOS 14.1 won't boot (boot logo forever). CM12 is the same. I presume that's a Last Vendor Update weirdness in ... partitioning, maybe?

I flashed stock just to be certain I could and to re-re-test wifi from the device. It works fine. Is this likely to be an issue correctible by building from Luis' code manually and grabbing the stock ROM's props files with the LOS provided script? Lordy that's big...

Last edited:

Kate6

Mar 25, 2009
Vancouver, WA
I have read a guide from lineage but you need to adapt everything from guide to exynos5420 also source of exynos5420 you can find it from github

Follow the guide at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/chagallwifi/build with the following two changes -

(1) When initializing your repo, use "-b lineage-17.1" instead of "-b cm14.1" at the end of your "repo init" command.

(2) After you run "repo sync" grab a copy of https://github.com/exynos5420/manifests/blob/lineage-17.1/roomservice.xml, put it in ~/android/lineage/.repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml and then run "repo sync" again

(3) Profit!

... You're welcome.

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Is anybody else having problems with video playback with this ROM on SM-T800? In Brave/Chrome/Firefox videos are rendered in a wrong scale, which also depends on the resolution of the stream. In many web sites the resolution of videos changes dynamically, thus resulting in erratic change of the scale.

The last ROM free of this bug seems to be a good old LOS-14.1, with which I am stuck for now due to the video playback issue...

Playing the videos outside the browser in an additional app is not an option, because all bookmarks are stored in the browser.

Reactions: rolandduursma

hberntsen

Nov 14, 2010
Follow the guide at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/chagallwifi/build with the following two changes -

(1) When initializing your repo, use "-b lineage-17.1" instead of "-b cm14.1" at the end of your "repo init" command.

(2) After you run "repo sync" grab a copy of https://github.com/exynos5420/manifests/blob/lineage-17.1/roomservice.xml, put it in ~/android/lineage/.repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml and then run "repo sync" again

(3) Profit!

... You're welcome.
Thanks a lot! For convenience, I created a repo that can build the image in Docker https://github.com/hberntsen/docker-lineage-cicd-sm-t800

Reactions: Kate6

Top Liked Posts